Become a Patron!

Satanic/Demonic themes in vaping industry.

randyfastman

Member For 4 Years
This reminds me a bit of all the hoo-hah that started up when J.K. Rowling started publishing Harry Potter books. Like reading Harry Potter was gonna turn a whole generation of kids into slathering, bloodthirsty satanists. Just the stupidest thing I ever heard.

What Harry Potter books DID do is introduce a whole generation of kids and teens, and even some adults, to the pleasure of reading as a mind- and imagination-expanding form of entertainment and life enrichment.

Some folks just have too much time on their hands, and not enough real shit to worry about.
Please try to understand what I'm telling you..I mean really churn it through the rocks in your head. I am NOT outraged or offended by it. I do not think it will make people demonic. I'm not a bible thumping Christian zealot. I'm simply curious. If I noticed that a ridiculous number of vaping products were named after fast food products, I'd post the same question inquiring as to WHY people think that is. How is it possible that you don't understand that? And yes, if Lost vape came out with a mod that had a picture of a McDonalds value meal on the top of it, I'd buy it and cover it with carbon fiber.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Jesus himself never referenced the Mark of the Beast or 666

Yep I believe that part of the bible was written long after Jesus died.

Wanna be a Christian. Learn the new testament not what preachers say.

Only time I recall Jesus losing his cool was the running of the money changers from the temple. Soon after the church leaders had the Romans crucify him...

randyfastman

Member For 4 Years
They use name that work. Would you rather have an rda that says Armageton on it. Or 1 that say rose pedal. Lolwhat would b next disney logos on gear. Lmao
Really, you think companies choose occult/demonic names because it "works"? Amazing that every other industry in the world manages to sell products just fine without such branding.

randyfastman

Member For 4 Years
I'm inclined to agree with @JuicyLucy. I don't buy gear that has a lot of branding, or logos. And yes that market also has a fair sized share as well. I figure if you don't want the "nasty" stuff then don't get it for yourself. The industry will reflect what sells though and that's only business. So the more buying not "nasty" stuff the more the industry makes "plain jane" gear.

In other terms you can not ask for rain and not expect mud unless you live in a desert.
Thanks for the relatively reasonable response, definitely the type of response I was anticipating rather than super defensive attacks from people who apparently didn't understand that my question wasn't a complaint. Again though, why wouldn't I buy a mod that I like if it has a symbol that I don't like if said symbol is easily covered in a way that doesn't take away from the aesthetics?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Really, you think companies choose occult/demonic names because it "works"? Amazing that every other industry in the world manages to sell products just fine without such branding.
Nope not every other company.
Just go to google or even amazon and search on pentagram....

Big market out there and many companies involved.

I personally think it is all bollocks worshiping any supposed deity.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yep I believe that part of the bible was written long after Jesus died.

Wanna be a Christian. Learn the new testament not what preachers say.

Only time I recall Jesus losing his cool was the running of the money changers from the temple. Soon after the church leaders had the Romans crucify him...
Lol. The whole bible was written well after Jesus died. By a bunch of old, white men who wanted to retain power through religion controlling people.

And.....the translations from Aramaic to every other language are questionable, at best.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lol. The whole bible was written well after Jesus died. By a bunch of old, white men who wanted to retain power through religion controlling people.

And.....the translations from Aramaic to every other language are questionable, at best.
And not only were the various books of the bible written to ensure male power. But when the current bible was put together out of the many letters/books floating around the same power trip theme by men was used. Many letters/books were discarded.

google lost books of the bible.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep jesus spoke of Ghenna (sp?) on his sermon on the mount not hell. Ghenna was a very bad place in his time but a physical place. They must have had pentagrams there? And maybe golden bulls and such?

and he said those who called their neighbor a fool would be cast out to there...

LOL will avoid politics :D

Yes I was forced into heavy religion for the first 16 years of my life. Read the entire bible a few times, etc.
The programming did not stick.

do not get me wrong TRUE Christians are fine folks. Those who just use religion to justify THEIR beliefs are scum.
True Christians do their best to live their life the way that Jesus taught. Kind loving not turning others away, help the poor, etc. He NEVER preached bigotry and hatred.

Last edited:

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
And not only were the various books of the bible written to ensure male power. But when the current bible was put together out of the many letters/books floating around the same power trip theme by men was used. Many letters/books were discarded.

google lost books of the bible.
Yup. King James Version eliminated much of any old letters, papers, etc.....

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Again though, why wouldn't I buy a mod that I like if it has a symbol that I don't like if said symbol is easily covered in a way that doesn't take away from the aesthetics?

And then be all curious about it being used? What is the intention of your curiosity?

You point out Remphan. Interesting, never had heard of that. Knew of Rothschild using a red hexagram, on a a blue background / field. Israel uses a blue hexagram on white. Moloch eh? Even more interesting. The phrase "through the fire" rings with me something about alchemy. The philosophical aspects of alchemy turn the led / human to gold / divine by testing in the fire / adversity.

Apologies if I wander. :)

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I don’t get it. You‘re articulate and clearly educated but you don’t appear to be able to reason adequately. I’m not sure what you believe I’m incorrect about but certainly we can agree that puritans do not exist. Furthermore, the gateway theory is not a Christian concept, its psychobabel bullshit born of the liberal, largely Jewish and/or atheistic world of academia. it’s not spread by religious zealots, its spread by well meaning nitwits, the same “useful idiots” that the communists have relied on for centuries to forward their agenda. Finally, your accusation that I’m a communist is laughably absurd on its face. What makes it even more perplexing is that you’re basing that conclusion on my “attack” on vaping, despite the fact that no such attack occurred. Not only didn’t i attack vaping, i never would attack vaping. I’m simply asking if anyone has any insights into why these themes are so prevalent. I absolutely love vaping. I’m an “advanced” enthusiast, a collector, a mixer and a hobbyist in that regard. I’ve been at it for more years than most (though certainly not all). I was expecting responses like “well that satanic shit is really trendy right now in Asia” but everyone is getting so damn defensive it’s ridiculous.
In an argument such as this one, for puritans who engage in the typical behavior outlined by me in my post, the easiest way out of an argument is called constant denial. They are puritans alright, but they won't admit it before hell freezes over twice so there's your Christian concept for ya: anyone who opposes a Christian concept must therefore be unable to reason adequately. They oppose free thinking. So I wear my Deathwish Modz T-shirt (the one that's got the upside-down crosses on the front), and wear it in public. And you know what? All the while I just keep denying that I am a Satanist. Just in case you want to know the reason why I keep denying it... it's simply because denial was taught to me by Christians. And if you think my attitude towards Christians is inappropriate, uncalled for or whatever, well then I'll just keep denying that too. You know... merely for the sake of adequate reason and all. Adequate reason is why these themes are so prevalent. You don't have to believe that of course. But nevertheless, I'll invite you to. Just give up and let me show you the force of Darkness. So no, not everyone is being defensive. Rather, I am being offensive, and, it is what I choose to be.

I threw a bone. Now it is your turn. ?

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have more often than not chuckled at the names attached to vape stuff.

As have I. Maybe the OP could appreciate the Tiny Demon Killer RDA. That thing is roughly 1/10th the size of Wasp Nano. Boy does it pack a wallop though. Speaking of, now, I might need to go use it a bit.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As have I. Maybe the OP could appreciate the Tiny Demon Killer RDA. That thing is roughly 1/10th the size of Wasp Nano. Boy does it pack a wallop though. Speaking of, now, I might need to go use it a bit.
I have one of those. do not think it has killed or even pissed off any demons though.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
interesting topic I’ve often thought about this too
These things sell ....just like sex sells that plays a part of course it does just like every other industry in the world.

what’s popular in different countries would be a good way to look into it also, is it the same everywhere or just a western thing?

development of it ...right from vaping starting into the early days to the “the modders” Phase of vaping, I’m talking about the dudes pumping out the early vids anyway .....this is going to be the scene/trend setting side of it ... (not all of the folks by any means here, so not tarring everyone with the same brush) but a lot of folks were/are into tats/symbolism anyway...naturally when they release products they like all that kind of stuff .....China emulates and it becomes mainstream.

...if you look at vaping up until fairly recently it’s been in its own bubble kinda of developing into a mature model...legislation kicking in everywhere is a sign of that process (to me anyway), and where this is concerned historically word of mouth, and peer to peer advertising has been the chosen tool for as long as I’ve been vaping...which relates to the topic above “influencers” or “trend setters” drive a lot of it...Hardware branding hasn’t yet entered the spotlight proper yet although juices targeted at kids almost certainly has....it’ll come just hasnt yet.

Names sound better ....some angelic stuff out there also, as well as other religions entirely, certainly see a lot of Ancient Greek and mythology

There is also a large amount of non symbolic vaping hardware, many of the “high end” mod scene don’t furnish thier gear with any branding, don’t need to looks good without it.

...then you have others ....HAAR went as far as putting broccoli on it, ample pixie RDTA looks like a minion ...

In this market you’ll see a bit of everything because no one size fits all...styles just like music, most people just walk on by and don’t think one way or another about it, except just think not for me and move on.
Symbolism is really important we kinda of have it all around us in our everyday lives just most people are oblivious to it.......now if you started putting swasticas on stuff bet that gets noticed quickly as an example which is an interesting debate all in itself...a symbol morphed from an originator to other purposes which most in the west recognise as nazi/white supremacy these days and would be frowned upon.

Last edited:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
this topic reminds me of dan browns book “angels and demons” ...good read that was

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
this topic reminds me of dan browns book “angels and demons” ...good read that was

Of prepositions starting sentences does Mr. Brown, or improperly using gerunds does he too. *grin*

I know as I've been chastised for doing it myself. Connelly writes sentences. Funny ones.

This is why I often dislike reading contemporaries. They get to rake in big bucks breaking the foundations and basics. Whilst someone like myself gets bashed senseless with all kinds of rules. Jealousy? No, frustration over an obvious double standard.

Last edited:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Of prepositions starting sentences does Mr. Brown, or improperly using gerunds does he too. *grin*

Didn’t notice that if I’m honest...perhaps wrapped up in the symbolism side too much haha

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I personally don't get the point of arguing over it. If it's not for you, don't buy it. To say that the majority contain this imagery is crazy. There is 10's of thousands of vapes out there that do not. We can't think about those? I personally like it, always have on anything, but if you are against it (like OP says as a group), just look at the thousands that's don't contain it. Sometimes the light just shines down. I happen to get one that was made after 665, but yet before 667
1597901198406496054666.jpg
Do we really need to outlaw this # in production just to "save face" for vaping, or keep the puritans happy?

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
btw did some googling and reading and it seems overall that Christians consider vaping to be a sin.

What’s the stat for “x% of stats are false?” Something high like 90 isn’t it?

google speaks for all the x millions of Christians in the world...like one of the commercials regarding makeup or something, customers agree we are the nations favourite

....” Based on sample of 100 asked”

???

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I personally don't get the point of arguing over it. If it's not for you, don't buy it. To say that the majority contain this imagery is crazy. There is 10's of thousands of vapes out there that do not. We can't think about those? I personally like it, always have on anything, but if you are against it (like OP says as a group), just look at the thousands that's don't contain it. Sometimes the light just shines down. I happen to get one that was made after 665, but yet before 667
View attachment 167057
Do we really need to outlaw this # in production just to "save face" for vaping, or keep the puritans happy?

interesting read below link.....what is the significance of this number and why? who was the roman emperor during the time the book of revelations was written, many examples throughout history of codes being used to escape punishment especially during times of persecution or having a belief different to the times you were in.

this could be what it relates to “Revelation 13:17-18: “No one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or name of the beast, or the number of his name, and his number is 666.”

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
btw did some googling and reading and it seems overall that Christians consider vaping to be a sin.
I was going to just read this thread without responding, but... I am a Christian. Am I a good Chtistian? Depends who you ask. I talk to God and He talks to me. So you do not believe He talks to me? Some might call it their "conscience". Moving on. My Pastor bought me my first vape, oddly enough at a Totally Wicked retail shop. He did this because he believes it is safer than smoking. Also he employed me at the churches Christian school (1st-8th grade) and felt that it would not be cool to smell of smoke while with the kids and potentially parrents. I agree. So where am I going with this? I do not know. I was just inclined to share. Peace and love to all.
Rick
P.s. I own a Hammer of God.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was going to just read this thread without responding, but... I am a Christian. Am I a good Chtistian? Depends who you ask. I talk to God and He talks to me. So you do not believe He talks to me? Some might call it their "conscience". Moving on. My Pastor bought me my first vape, oddly enough at a Totally Wicked retail shop. He did this because he believes it is safer than smoking. Also he employed me at the churches Christian school (1st-8th grade) and felt that it would not be cool to smell of smoke while with the kids and potentially parrents. I agree. So where am I going with this? I do not know. I was just inclined to share. Peace and love to all.
Rick
P.s. I own a Hammer of God.
Edited board was slow and got 3 quotes...

You have a good preacher.

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you. Yes I am fortunate to have an excellent Pastor. He understands the reality of living in the world and getting along in it with everyone.
Yep you are fortunate indeed.

good Christians are fine people. Those who use religion for control or to justify their own views are not.
The bible even mentions this a few times.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Gratuitous Tiny Demon Killer shot from Alaska, circa May 2018

A foot.jpg

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The explanation is not as deep as you are digging.
These themes exist because they are popular among the consumers.
There is no intent to mark vaping as demonic - it's just that modders ask their patrons "what kind of designs do you want?" and they answer "Skulls" or "Star Wars".
That's it. Makers make it because people like it. And only a very small percentage of people that like a mod with a baphomet engraving actually worship satan.

Why? Personally, I think because most consumers do NOT associate a skull or zombie pattern with anything demonic or religious - they just think "it looks cool". Seriously - that's IT.

I've seen a recent run of mods I like with a pattern of Smiley-faces. Almost got one - DESPITE the fact that the originator was actually referencing LSD. I just "thought it looked cool". So, I guess I'm guilty too.

I don’t get it. You‘re articulate and clearly educated but you don’t appear to be able to reason adequately. I’m not sure what you believe I’m incorrect about but certainly we can agree that puritans do not exist. Furthermore, the gateway theory is not a Christian concept, its psychobabel bullshit born of the liberal, largely Jewish and/or atheistic world of academia. it’s not spread by religious zealots, its spread by well meaning nitwits, the same “useful idiots” that the communists have relied on for centuries to forward their agenda. Finally, your accusation that I’m a communist is laughably absurd on its face. What makes it even more perplexing is that you’re basing that conclusion on my “attack” on vaping, despite the fact that no such attack occurred. Not only didn’t i attack vaping, i never would attack vaping. I’m simply asking if anyone has any insights into why these themes are so prevalent. I absolutely love vaping. I’m an “advanced” enthusiast, a collector, a mixer and a hobbyist in that regard. I’ve been at it for more years than most (though certainly not all). I was expecting responses like “well that satanic shit is really trendy right now in Asia” but everyone is getting so damn defensive it’s ridiculous.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
interesting topic I’ve often thought about this too
These things sell ....just like sex sells that plays a part of course it does just like every other industry in the world.

what’s popular in different countries would be a good way to look into it also, is it the same everywhere or just a western thing?

development of it ...right from vaping starting into the early days to the “the modders” Phase of vaping, I’m talking about the dudes pumping out the early vids anyway .....this is going to be the scene/trend setting side of it ... (not all of the folks by any means here, so not tarring everyone with the same brush) but a lot of folks were/are into tats/symbolism anyway...naturally when they release products they like all that kind of stuff .....China emulates and it becomes mainstream.

...if you look at vaping up until fairly recently it’s been in its own bubble kinda of developing into a mature model...legislation kicking in everywhere is a sign of that process (to me anyway), and where this is concerned historically word of mouth, and peer to peer advertising has been the chosen tool for as long as I’ve been vaping...which relates to the topic above “influencers” or “trend setters” drive a lot of it...Hardware branding hasn’t yet entered the spotlight proper yet although juices targeted at kids almost certainly has....it’ll come just hasnt yet.

Names sound better ....some angelic stuff out there also, as well as other religions entirely, certainly see a lot of Ancient Greek and mythology

There is also a large amount of non symbolic vaping hardware, many of the “high end” mod scene don’t furnish thier gear with any branding, don’t need to looks good without it.

...then you have others ....HAAR went as far as putting broccoli on it, ample pixie RDTA looks like a minion ...

In this market you’ll see a bit of everything because no one size fits all...styles just like music, most people just walk on by and don’t think one way or another about it, except just think not for me and move on.
Symbolism is really important we kinda of have it all around us in our everyday lives just most people are oblivious to it.......now if you started putting swasticas on stuff bet that gets noticed quickly as an example which is an interesting debate all in itself...a symbol morphed from an originator to other purposes which most in the west recognise as nazi/white supremacy these days and would be frowned upon.
Broccoli ??

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The explanation is not as deep as you are digging.
These themes exist because they are popular among the consumers.
There is no intent to mark vaping as demonic - it's just that modders ask their patrons "what kind of designs do you want?" and they answer "Skulls" or "Star Wars".
That's it. Makers make it because people like it. And only a very small percentage of people that like a mod with a baphomet engraving actually worship satan.

Why? Personally, I think because most consumers do NOT associate a skull or zombie pattern with anything demonic or religious - they just think "it looks cool". Seriously - that's IT.

I've seen a recent run of mods I like with a pattern of Smiley-faces. Almost got one - DESPITE the fact that the originator was actually referencing LSD. I just "thought it looked cool". So, I guess I'm guilty too.
Also, anyone want to decipher this mod for me?
Per my theory above - I just "think it looks cool". But I'm guessing it's probably heretical or blasphemous. Might offend some people. Oh well... lol.

View attachment 167306
Yea that mod is definitely cool. I'd own it, that's for sure.

VU Sponsors