Become a Patron!

Say hello to the New Eleaf MELO Glassomizer

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ill stack my Lemo's to most of my more expensive tanks hands down.

I'll buy one of these, but I'm more excited about using the Melo coils in my Atlantis lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn straight! That will be nice.

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Damn straight! That will be nice.
I'm not 'really' nervous about the Atlantis wicking material, but I'm looking for more flavor out of it since being spoiled by the Subtank lol

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
With the wild success of the Atlantis and the Sub-Tank, a lot of manufacturers are going to get on the "me too" wagon. eLeaf has made a splash with their iStick line of APV's, it's logical that they would make an atty that capitalized on the rep they've made for themselves. Before the iStick, eLeaf was the red headed stepchild of Joyetech. Now they look like they are going to clean up in the mid wattage and cheap tank market.

Absolutely. It makes you wonder how far they will go at this point. I'm sensing that the tank and portable APV market can't go much further except to focus on improving the quality of coils. We got the Lemo, sub-tank and now the MELO coming. Certainly there will be a smaller version of the sub-tank I suspect, and more variance in resistance options and that will be about it. I have a feeling it's going to come down between Kanger and Eleaf trying to see who can put out the best tank. Subtank offers more but the MELO has the size advantage. Who knows maybe Eleaf will beat Kanger to the punch and design a mini reminiscent to all the features of the Subtank? They have definitely had major impact in the market demonstrating strong vision and leadership.

Of course it could get real silly with 200+ wattage devices with ability to stream movies on your mod with teleconferencing options:eek: Mod of the future $600 like your iPhone

Last edited:

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Absolutely. It makes you wonder how far they will go at this point. I'm sensing that the tank and portable APV market can't go much further except to focus on improving the quality of coils. We got the Lemo, sub-tank and now the MELO coming. Certainly there will be a smaller version of the sub-tank I suspect, and more variance in resistance options and that will be about it. I have a feeling it's going to come down between Kanger and Eleaf trying to see who can put out the best tank. Subtank offers more but the MELO has the size advantage. Who knows maybe Eleaf will beat Kanger to the punch and design a mini reminiscent to all the features of the Subtank? They have definitely had major impact in the market.

Of course it could get real silly with 200+ wattage devices with optical drives to watch movies on your mod with teleconferencing options:eek: Mod of the future $600 like your iPhone

I spoke with a guy who is in on Kangertech's development cycle, the 22mm tank is starting production. The reviewers will have them in their hands in a few weeks.

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Absolutely. It makes you wonder how far they will go at this point. I'm sensing that the tank and portable APV market can't go much further except to focus on improving the quality of coils. We got the Lemo, sub-tank and now the MELO coming. Certainly there will be a smaller version of the sub-tank I suspect, and more variance in resistance options and that will be about it. I have a feeling it's going to come down between Kanger and Eleaf trying to see who can put out the best tank. Subtank offers more but the MELO has the size advantage. Who knows maybe Eleaf will beat Kanger to the punch and design a mini reminiscent to all the features of the Subtank? They have definitely had major impact in the market.

Of course it could get real silly with 200+ wattage devices with UMD trays to watch movies on your mod with teleconferencing options:eek:
Yea eleaf sure can put them out fast. I have always been Kanger for tanks but eleaf seems have a good line with a good record with a better price so now leaning towards them. Hear in the last of the last year we have seen a lot of good in tanks coming out and the mods getting smaller, better built with more power we will have it made. Now I just need to find a way to get the wife from giving me dirty looks for the cash IM setting aside for it all lol..

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Production to review in only several weeks? That's really fast. Sounds like they are moving like lightning much like Eleaf. Will there be an 18mm? I read somewhere that is also being considered at this point.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yea eleaf sure can put them out fast. I have always been Kanger for tanks but eleaf seems have a good line with a good record with a better price so now leaning towards them. Hear in the last of the last year we have seen a lot of good in tanks coming out and the mods getting smaller, better built with more power we will have it made. Now I just need to find a way to get the wife from giving me dirty looks for the cash IM setting aside for it all lol..

A bouquet of roses and a bottle of Chardonnay. That should be a good place to start and not break the bank:)

Last edited:

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Production to review in only several weeks? That's really fast. Sounds like they are moving like lightning much like Eleaf. Will there be an 18mm? I read somewhere that is also being considered at this point.
Haven't heard of the 18mm...

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
They've been working on the 22mm for a while, even before the 25mm sub-tank was released.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
We will have to keep our eyes open in the next month. I'm so busy I can hardly keep up with everything being released, everything is moving so fast. I would love to see a mini version of the subtank at 18-20mm with 2.5 - 3ml capacity. Once the MELO is released it's really going to come down to these two tanks for me, can't see myself looking elsewhere.

wizzard

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The word is now out Kanger subtank mini and the kanger subtank nano. 22 MM and 18.5 MM. No announced release date yet. Just the hype
Also saw where Grimm Green said the atlantis coils will fit the Melo tank. Too many tanks to choose. Pick one and stay with it.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Something tells me that both Eleaf and Kanger will release at the same time. I don't think you can go wrong with either tank. It's a win both ways.

wizzard

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got a reply back from grimm green that the atlantis coils do fit and work with the melo tank just in case anyone gave a you know what.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The coils indeed are interchangeable. People will have the option to use either the Atlantis or the new organic cotton Melo coil. The Melo coils are expected to be cheaper than the Aspire coils. Glass drip tip, glass tube, 3.5ml, 22.3mm base, 6 hole airflow regulation and very easy to disassemble. Expected to sell for a very fair price of only $20. I have seen several reviews and no reported leakage from the Melo and the vape is fantastic.

Last edited:

wizzard

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So if someone likes the Atlantis tank better, then the melo cotton coils should work in that tank as well. I am pretty sure the atlantis coils will change to cotton soon. Just a matter of time. There is already a larger tank on the way at 5 mls. So far I have been really impressed with the Atlantis. It has a great vape. Then all the talk about their coils come up. So just a matter of time before changing to the organic cotton.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think it will happen as the industry shifts in that direction. I suspect the Melo will be very popular.

dude

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Any word on the availability of the melo. Looked around and don't see it yet.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Eleaf continues to lead the industry with high quality products and innovation. After much great success with the i Stick, i Just, Lemo and stylish eGo glass tanks we are now seeing the release of the i Stick Mini and at the end of this month you will have the option to choose between the newly upgraded i Stick with 30 and 50 watts loaded with an assortment of strong features. To pair the i Sticks with a new tank we look at the new MELO.

Eleaf's Description

The ELeaf MELO atomizer was designed for the new iStick 30 watts battery or any other high wattage batteries. It is constructed out of stainless steel, along with its glass tube body and glass mouthpiece. The cotton used inside is safe and certificated. The coil is sub ohm at 0.5 ohm to produce a smooth vape.

The 0.5ohm heating coil produces a huge vapor by virtue of the thickened 0.4mm diameter, which also guarantees a durable and safer output of 20-30 wattage.

The wick used inside is glass fiber cotton, known as a more environmental and healthier material.

With total six inlet holes on MELO base, the airflow is more unimpeded. One can enjoy the smooth and constant vapor by easily rotating the regulation ring.

Diameter 22.3 mm, 3.5 ml juice capacity, 510 threading, .5 ohm resistance, power 20-30 watts.

*GLASS DRIP TIP*

Personal thoughts. Looks great I have been impressed with all of their tanks, no issues with leaks, tight draws or burnt hits. Don't know how much this will cost but I'm sure it will be reasonable as all of their products have been in the past. For people who like to sub ohm and want something bigger than the Atlantis but smaller than the Subtank, this looks like a very good medium. I'm most impressed with the custmization option of the Subtank but would take this tank over the Atlantis in a heartbeat. 3.5 ml juice, cotton wicks, six hole airflow option makes this tank very impressive. Looks good on the i Stick.

Melo_11.png
'Glass Fiber 'Cotton'?

Silica?

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It needs to be noted that the Melo heads are compatible with the aspire Atlantis, AND they are organic cotton

So they are organic? What happened to 'glass fiber cotton'? And why VapeNW say 'cellucotton'?

I'm confused...:confused:

Tank63

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My first experience with Eleaf was with the Lemo, and I will say this...it was NOT a good experience and I actually threw that junk in the trash! I doubt I will ever buy another Eleaf tank because of that! That damn thing pissed juice out of every connection on it! It leaked around the glass, the airflow screw, the white plastic thing around the aiflow screw, the fill screw, AND it leaked juice out of the tip! I put new seals in it and did everything you could possibly do to it, and it never stopped leaking, SOOOOO, in the trash it went, without a second look! Extremely disappointed in them :(

Tank63

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So they are organic? What happened to 'glass fiber cotton'? And why VapeNW say 'cellucotton'?

I'm confused...:confused:
I just buy the Atlantis coils from fastech! $10 for a 10 pack, and when I get them, I replace the silica, or whatever the hell that crap wicking is, with the Japanese cotton. Can't beat it :)

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Any word on the availability of the melo. Looked around and don't see it yet.

Should be available through domestic vendors in a few weeks perhaps sooner:cool:

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Some of my regular trusted vendors will be getting them in stock soon. Will post info once they are in stock so that people in the community can get them from an honest trusted source at a good price. These tanks are going to be very popular. Eleaf does not disappoint. If they sell for only $20 vendors will likely end up selling out within the first day. I'm expecting the organic cotton coils to go for only around $13 (very good deal)

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
As promised, I wanted to let everyone know where you can get the new Melo tank from a trusted source at a good price. Reviews have been excellent and do it much justice. Eleaf has come through once again as expected. Keep in mind for those just coming onto this thread that the heads for this tank can be used in your Atlantis if you have one. No more Aspire ceramics just healthy organic cotton from Eleaf. Enjoy your new tank.

http://sweet-vapes.com/clearomizers...eaf/eleaf-coils/eleaf-melo-sub-ohm-coils.html
http://sweet-vapes.com/clearomizers-cartomizers-tanks/eleaf/eleaf-tanks/eleaf-melo-sub-ohm-tank.html

dude

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Looks great, I will order this on pay day

Anus Braun

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Cotton is a form of cellulose..do a little research...'guncotton', is nitrocellulose, cotton saturated in nitroglycerin. 'Cellulose', is a natural fiber, Rayon is a synthetic. There are many forms of true cellulose, and many (of course...) synthetics. If you FEEL I am wrong, prove it. 'Cellucotton', sound like some bull-shit, company-invented confusatory terminology..

Last edited:

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Cotton is a form of cellulose..do a little research...'guncotton', is nitrocellulose, cotton saturated in nitroglycerin.
But, what is your point?

SteveZ

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm not sure what you are trying to say either.

Rayon is made from cellulose. So using cellulose in the name for a product made from rayon is not unreasonable. Formed into a cotton consistency, it doesn't seem strange for manufacturers to call it cellucotton to indicate that it is a manufactured cotton. If you look online, no one is hiding the fact that it is rayon based.

And more importantly, since the melo uses organic cotton in its wicks, what does rayon have to do with this discussion?

The Melo seems like a good tank based on this discussion and reviews I've read. Since the heads are interchangeable with my Atlantis I think I may pick one up and switch to Melo heads for both.

dude

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I ordered the MELO from sweet-vapes this morning :)

dude

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The MELO arrived today. Cleaned it, primed it, then let it sit. Then the vaping began. It is very good in my opinion. The airflow ring is a little tight and hard to adjust, but do able. The flavor is very good. The vape is cool at 20 watts but does get warmer at 30 watts. I would said eleaf has a winner on their hands. I hope the 1 and 1.2 ohm coils come out soon too.

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just don't see it.
why buy coils when this hobby is already expensive enough?
I've got more time than money so my choice would be the lemo.
Build five coils yourself for a fraction of the cost and save those pennies for your next mod..

dude

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I understand your point. I may try re-wicking the melo coils at some point. I also plan to try a Kanger Subtank mini, and give a go at making my own coils. I have only been vaping for almost 5 months, so that is my next step. The Lemo looks like a possibility too.

dude

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So after vaping with the Melo for a few days, I am impressed. I really love the intense flavor. I run it at 22 watts and it is great. I see that everyone has said the coils are interchangeable with the Atlantis. Will the Atlantis glass, the 5ml fit on a melo?

KillaB3E

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had the Melo for about a week now, I really like it, but wish the tank was slightly larger. I guess i'm used to my big ass Subtank that holds almost 6ml.

The only problem that I have encountered so far, and it's a big one, the glass drip tip isn't secure, it just comes right off - really frustrating. I'm not sure if I did anything or if it is just loose. I'm going to go buy some teflon tape this afternoon and wrap the bottom of the drip tip for a work around for the time being.

Has anyone else had the problem? I want to buy a new drip tip, but don't know what to buy. Is there a certain size that I need to order so that it'll fit? I tried to use my Subtank DT, but it's a tad small.

Thanks,

dude

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm not sure about a replacement drip tip. Maybe you could replace the orings on the tip. My tip fits tight, but I have read elsewhere that you are not the only one who's tip is lose.

WARCHOP37

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just got my Melo in. 2 tanks in and so far so good. Took a bit for the coil to break in, but once it got going, the flavor and vapor production are both very good. I go back and forth between this and my Subtank Mini, and I have it just a hair under my STM in terms of flavor production. Either way, I like it but wonder how it compares to the Arctic. The gear whore in me tells me to get the Arctic as well, but my wallet wants me to make sure that its really gonna blow away my Melo and STM.

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just don't see it.
why buy coils when this hobby is already expensive enough?
I've got more time than money so my choice would be the lemo.
Build five coils yourself for a fraction of the cost and save those pennies for your next mod..

Sorry to quote myself but I humbly retract my previous opinion.
I just had a wicking problem due to changing to a juice that was higher vg then my normal.
I got 2-3 pulls and then a dry hit...
being as busy as I am I didn't have time to dump and re wick the lemo (no backup other then a clearo) so I went almost 72 hours before I could tear it down and fix it.
i was definitely wishing I had a stocker to fall back on...

I just came across this as I was looking to see if the top swap on the Atlantis to the Melo since the coils worked... and I saw the post by vapeNW btw you guys are by far the best shop for good deals and good equipment!

Now I have to put this out there since im now on my second coil for melo with chain vapes...
Its running on a Istick 30 watt (aaaamazing fkn stupid cool little package with 30watts!)
The melo hits so hard and such good flavor! its easy to open and fill and nooo 000000 ZERO leaks!
it lines up perfect with the wicking holes to the uppers openings so you get good liquid flow.

I have had 0 dry hits and the coil lasted me 2 weeks I run it at 22-25 watts. I got a 5 pack of coils for cheep and I cant complain 1 bit!
I also have a new glass top coming for 7$ just in case. But Im going to get an Atlantis metal diamond cut top (forget name they use)
and see if I get any leaks using that. cus I break glass and I would be pissed to not have my melo working!
This setup is 5 stars out of 4 for, Cost, Vape, Taste, Lasting, I mean common its 19.99 and it hits!

Im prob gonna get shit for this but I hate that glass drip tip.. who wants to see that? I have a derlin pawn shape with wide hole same as the glass and the flavor is way better on it. I wish it was like the Herak with the metal over derlin. 1 good thing with it was the dual o-rings on that glass wide bore!!!! all 510 DTs should have the double o-rings that! keeps it from rocking in the larger holes.

Next is iStick 3watt and either the Herakles or the Arctic. cant decide....

VU Sponsors