Become a Patron!

SAY IT HERE!!!!!

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Back when MTv was actually music, and cool. And stood for something - the larger part of my teen years.

15_mhg_cult_mtv1.jpg

It started in what, 1980? '81? I fergit... too many substances then. :D I was either 19 or 20, depending on if it was '80 or '81.... and i was plain damn HYPNOTIZED!

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Fox is making a remake of "Rocky Horror Picture Show". I don't think they can replace Tim Curry on this one.

They could get my doctor to play Riffraff, he looks JUST LIKE HIM, if he grew out the fringe around his bald pate. :D He's rather dry and laconic like Riff too. :D

Andria

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
They could get my doctor to play Riffraff, he looks JUST LIKE HIM, if he grew out the fringe around his bald pate. :D He's rather dry and laconic like Riff too. :D

Andria
I loved the original and know it was a total B movie cult classic. I remember the first time seeing it in Chicago. A show within a show. It was fun especially if one was partaking in the pleasures of the late 70s.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I loved the original and know it was a total B movie cult classic. I remember the first time seeing it in Chicago. A show within a show. It was fun especially if one was partaking in the pleasures of the late 70s.

Totally agree! I didn't see it till 1980, but the theater on E. Colfax in Denver had it at midnight every Fri and Sat night, and a VERY active participating bunch of fans! Totally floored me the first time, and then I ended up going about 10 more times! :D

Andria

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
What's wrong with today's
MTV?
Bird said it best, no more M. Dude, MTv used to be nothing but videos, interviews, occasionally, some awesome "V-jays" (dj's) and was balls to the wall awesome. The 80's were awesome!! OMG I wish they'd go back to it, but it would never be as great as it once was. Alan Hunter, JJ Jackson, Nina Blackwood, Martha Quinn and Mark Goodman. They were all the rage, LOL.
Are you all telling me
You all don't watch the KARDASHIANS?
NO, fuck NO!! Why are these people famous to begin with? Because they're married to controversial people and have big asses? NO I don't watch the flippin' Kardashians!!
Fox is making a remake of "Rocky Horror Picture Show". I don't think they can replace Tim Curry on this one.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

What is WRONG with the world today??

Azriel Mysterious

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
"Teen years" ?

They launched on my 20th birthday. It was excitin'. :p

Back when they did "what it says on the tin", I (all of us) loved them.
But it wasn't long before I was just a tad older than their target demo. :(

Then they went all to hell. :D
So it's all your fault! Fuck you for aging. ;P

Azriel Mysterious

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's before your time, but have you seen A Clockwork Orange?

That's how you'd get me to watch the Kardashians. Or any reality TV.
I fucking LOVE that film.

Funny story, one year I "cosplayed" as Leela from Futurama. The same year my friend Josh dressed as Alex and had me do his makeup. I wondered why he only wanted mascara on one eye. (I hadn't seen the film then) he made me watch it after the Con. ^.~

Our other friend Juan dressed as Zoidberg and this Douchenozzel that I had the misfortune of fucking once (it was awful) dressed up as Fry

Image1463557451.390828.jpg

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Scary when I click on the VU tab after 22 minutes and have NINE alerts. :rolleyes:

Then I remember this ain't ECF... and the mod spankings don't hurt. :p

Almost all were likes in this thread... what the hell did I start?

Guess I shouldn't mention I went to the RHPS about 250 times.
In San Francisco.
At the Strand (until it moved a couple blocks down Market to the Egyptian).
Would have been '79/'80/'81 I guess.

Yes, I've always been straight only... but I did quickly learn that gay guys take "no thanks" a lot better than most guys seem to accept it from women. Guess I was cute back then. :p

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
View attachment 51414
And because we need moar Batman in this thread:
View attachment 51416

Speaking of blasts from the past, I heard they are doing a "Hocus Pocus" sequel:
View attachment 51417

(The younger members should appreciate this)

Yasssss!!!! I fucking love this! They had better do it justice!

Oh and I heard that they are doing a remake of "The Craft" (One of my all time favorite movies, ever! ) I am so pissed! I seen some ideas for the witches and I was like oh hell naw! They look fucking stupid! And I'm sorry but Fairuza Balk is the shit and you just can't replace her! GRRRR!:cuss2::cuss2:
the-craft-remake-casting-405350.jpg

Azriel Mysterious

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yasssss!!!! I fucking love this! They had better do it justice!

Oh and I heard that they are doing a remake of "The Craft" (One of my all time favorite movies, ever! ) I am so pissed! I seen some ideas for the witches and I was like oh hell naw! They look fucking stupid! And I'm sorry but Fairuza Balk is the shit and you just can't replace her! GRRRR!:cuss2::cuss2:
View attachment 51418
The Craft is a bit favourite of mine too!

I classify myself as "Non Theistic Wiccan" basically an Atheist Witch ^.~

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Bird said it best, no more M. Dude, MTv used to be nothing but videos, interviews, occasionally, some awesome "V-jays" (dj's) and was balls to the wall awesome. The 80's were awesome!! OMG I wish they'd go back to it, but it would never be as great as it once was. Alan Hunter, JJ Jackson, Nina Blackwood, Martha Quinn and Mark Goodman. They were all the rage, LOL.

NO, fuck NO!! Why are these people famous to begin with? Because they're married to controversial people and have big asses? NO I don't watch the flippin' Kardashians!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

What is WRONG with the world today??
you forgot DownTown Julie brown and Kennedy. The latter now has a show on fox business channel; and still wears the same glasses.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Yeah, I think Kim's major claim to fame is having an award-winning pumpkin attached to the end of her spine. Pumpkin butt!

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
No I didn't, LOL. That's when things started changing :(

That's what I was thinking... I sorta kinda almost remember DTJB, but Kennedy...? No recollection whatever. I must have already departed for grownupville. :D

Andria

VU Sponsors