Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I just bought the original crown tank.

Should have done that a LONG time ago. It's a nice tank with .5 ohm kanthal coils.

P.S. Quadcopters are frustrating. Damnit....
haahaha ... at first yes, you'll get it, its a blast after the first couple flights.

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Fuck the "O Tutti Accopati!" mission on Battlefield 1 right in the ear with a razor blade covered cactus, dusted with arsenic, absolutely no lube, and do it like it's hate sex. That kind where the love has died years ago but you keep doing it hoping to hurt the other person and fake feel sorry for them all the while giggling inside at their pain. :gaah::cuss2::tantrum::headbang:

Much better, dinner time have a wonderful evening folks. :) :cheers:

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
haahaha ... at first yes, you'll get it, its a blast after the first couple flights.

Probably.

My Syma is a BITCH to fly. Yesterday it wasn't responding right to control input. Today the damn wind blew it into some brush, now one of the motors isn't working right, so I have to tear it apart and see if a piece of wood is stuck in there, or my gear broke a few teeth. The 1080 camera is the shit. GREAT photos and video.

Flying without GPS is hard, though the JXD fly's pretty good.

Quads are addictive though. I just bought a Husban 501s, and spare batteries. Also got a good charger for LiPo's too. Got a pair of FPV goggles on the wishlist to boot.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Probably.

My Syma is a BITCH to fly. Yesterday it wasn't responding right to control input. Today the damn wind blew it into some brush, now one of the motors isn't working right, so I have to tear it apart and see if a piece of wood is stuck in there, or my gear broke a few teeth. The 1080 camera is the shit. GREAT photos and video.

Flying without GPS is hard, though the JXD fly's pretty good.

Quads are addictive though. I just bought a Husban 501s, and spare batteries. Also got a good charger for LiPo's too. Got a pair of FPV goggles on the wishlist to boot.
The quads are more addictive than vaping, turns into a really expensive hobby.
that hubson is supposed to be a good bird!
that syma should be brushless motors, so odds are something is in there or you could have stripped something on the prop.

Those birds are a lot more durable than one would think though.. Thank god lol

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The Syma is advertised as having brushless motors, but two reviewers said they were brushed motors. Not a deal breaker to me.

They are just cheap starter drones for me. Fun to fly, but frustrating without the GPS. Fall is windy where I live, so it's a hard time to start droning. I have not trimmed them, so that's probably part of the problem. It's too windy to try.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The Syma is advertised as having brushless motors, but two reviewers said they were brushed motors. Not a deal breaker to me.

They are just cheap starter drones for me. Fun to fly, but frustrating without the GPS. Fall is windy where I live, so it's a hard time to start droning. I have not trimmed them, so that's probably part of the problem. It's too windy to try.
even my phantoms, I try to avoid anything more than a 10-15mphwind. They can handle it,- I'm the one that gets a little nervous. At about 15mph wind is when i see the trees start swaying and i start getting a little nervous having that camera so far out of sight.

I guess I'm still a little green of a pilot, because the video always looks perfect.

The syma 8 is a nice size drone, but that hubson with gps should be a good sturdy flyer, that guy has a lot of tech crammed into it. I'm looking forward to hearing what you think.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
What surprises me about the hubson is the 20 minute flight time. It's not a huge battery like the DJI's have. They are only 2200 mah. There is also a ton of aftermarket stuff. I may end up with the GoPro gimble for it, if I can figure out how to make it run FPV.

I'll let you know what I think when I get it. I've watched several reviewers that I believe their reviews. It all seems good. I bought the advanced edition. So I should not need to do anything to get some extra "reach" with it, like they do with the cheaper version.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
What surprises me about the hubson is the 20 minute flight time. It's not a huge battery like the DJI's have. They are only 2200 mah. There is also a ton of aftermarket stuff. I may end up with the GoPro gimble for it, if I can figure out how to make it run FPV.

I'll let you know what I think when I get it. I've watched several reviewers that I believe their reviews. It all seems good. I bought the advanced edition. So I should not need to do anything to get some extra "reach" with it, like they do with the cheaper version.
good move!!! the extra's that they use to extend the "reach" with, like amplifiers and bigger receivers, can be effective, but if you are flying in a densely populated area, you wont get much extra "reach."

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fuck man
After reading, watching, tweeting, emailing
I finally cleared my fucking swimming pool...
I just FIXED MY SHIT
f80d6e0b319eae0fb184f8f671918b41.jpg
ff3fa45582e786617b11579df919dbce.jpg

Reign

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Usually when I watch TV I have little or no emotion but that one there was plenty anger, shocked, awe struck to name a few. But I do love a good bad guy and Negan is just that he makes The Governor look like a really nice guy.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
giphy.gif

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Do we really need to go down that fucking road in here again? Isn't there a fucking thread just for that shit?
there is.. some people have issues with general comprehension and think their views are welcome everywhere

some people would call that an asshole.
just sayin

VU Sponsors