Become a Patron!

****SCAM WARNING*** PAULS

RainyMW

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
@PaulS and I have been trading back and forth a few times successfully... the most recent trade we had going was a larger one. Shipping alone was $50 to Canada. He messages back multiple times a day and always right away, when I provided tracking to him, he said he shipped his end but did not give tracking, then stopped responding. Has not been online now since that day, July 19th.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt until I just spoke with @gadget! who also informed me he sent a high dollar mod to @PaulS and got the same exact situation. I messaged Paul on Facebook an hour ago and was promptly blocked, which did it for me.

Unbelievable from a guy like that who has been on here for 5 years actively participating in the community. Just wow. So I'm in the hole about $500 with of mods plus $47 shipping now.

DO NOT deal with him. He hasn't been online since then and I'm sure he thinks he got away with it, even though he gave his real name and address multiple times for customs forms info 🙄

Edit - the only reason I named dropped gadget was to let it be known that more users than just myself are involved/affected by this so far. This is my point of view and mine alone, I dont speak for gadget. Nothing would make me happier than for Paul to prove me wrong here.

2nd update - its been confirmed Paul scammed me for about $550, and got gadget for a $300 mod. He is actively attempting other trades on Facebook which are probably more scam attempts. (While editing this he deleted his Facebook now too apparently....).

I'm just dumbfounded and hurt right now. He used 2 guys who were good to him to rip off for about $1,000. Came totally from left field. 😔

Last edited:

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Be sure to contact the admins of all the groups he may be in and let the know. Also there is vape court.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Leave me out of this!
I'm not ready to call anyone a scammer just yet.
I have been trading with @PaulS for a couple of years now and he has always been fair with me and I'm sure many others on here.
There is a strong possibility that he is ill or God forbid worse.
He hasn't been online here for a while now and his last post on his Facebook was 07/01.

I'm giving it time before I jump the gun and ruin someone's reputation.

Sent from a Galaxy far far away

RainyMW

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Leave me out of this!
I'm not ready to call anyone a scammer just yet.
I have been trading with @PaulS for a couple of years now and he has always been fair with me and I'm sure many others on here.
There is a strong possibility that he is ill or God forbid worse.
He hasn't been online here for a while now and his last post on his Facebook was 07/01.

I'm giving it time before I jump the gun and Ron during reputation.

I just told you I messaged him on Facebook and he immediately blocked me. That sound like he's ill to you?

I dont speak for you I simply said you also told me you had a deal going with him and havent heard from him, its relevant information.

I gave him plenty of time, the Facebook block for me is clear as day.

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Anyone’s going to elaborate on vape court or should I let my google fingers do the walking?

Vape Court is a Facebook Group where a person can make a complaint and if the Accused doesn't respond they get put on the Wall Of Shame.

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
UPDATE
Well it looks like @RainyMW was right!
I'm shocked, @PaulS was a member here for quite some time and a trusted member at that.
I messaged him on Facebook to see if he wanted to try to defend himself and he told me to stay out of it and in no uncertain terms that he's done with VU.
I told him that I stick up for him saying that we had made several deals and that he was always fair with me.
I closed saying that I hoped he didn't prove me wrong.
I checked 10 minutes later and he blocked me. And now he has went so far as to close his Facebook account!
I will not let this go, I'm out over 400 dollars and I don't take that lightly!
I will start a case on vape court, not that it will do me any good recovering my loss but it will let others know what he's doing.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Dang, I'm finding this incredibly shocking

I've done quite a few handshake deals with Paul for high-end stuff over the years - even sent stuff before payment, as he doesn't use PP

RainyMW

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
UPDATE
Well it looks like @RainyMW was right!
I'm shocked, @PaulS was a member here for quite some time and a trusted member at that.
I messaged him on Facebook to see if he wanted to try to defend himself and he told me to stay out of it and in no uncertain terms that he's done with VU.
I told him that I stick up for him saying that we had made several deals and that he was always fair with me.
I closed saying that I hoped he didn't prove me wrong.
I checked 10 minutes later and he blocked me. And now he has went so far as to close his Facebook account!
I will not let this go, I'm out over 400 dollars and I don't take that lightly!
I will start a case on vape court, not that it will do me any good recovering my loss but it will let others know what he's doing.

Wow. I don't understand why he is doing this to us of all people, like whatever issue he had where he wants to be "done with VU" why in God's name would you randomly decide to scam 2 guys who have both done good business/trades with him in the past... that is just the lowest of the low.

I'm not letting this go either. I sent him about $500 worth of mods, he is crazy if he thinks he is going to get away with scamming someone for that amount of money using his real name/address.

Last edited:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Sucks… I feel for both of you two and the others he may of ripped off.

But I also feel bad for Paul. It takes a lot to sell your soul for a grand. Sure $1000 is a lot of money… and he must of hit really hard times (self inflicted or not) to go that route.

I am generally a watch the world burn type of person while holding the gas can and matches… but I TRULY know homelessness and despair first hand and the struggles/strain it puts on ones mind and soul, and how fortunate I am…to be well ado, both financially and in health compared to then.

I truly hope the money he is making from the thievery pulls him out of the rut he is in.

This is not me condoning his actions, nor can I in good conscience if he is on hard times wish him ill…

But if he just did it for the Lolz and to be a dick… I hope that mother fucker slips in the shower… rakes his back on the down spout and while fumbling out does the splits and pushing his nuts into his throat.

Sent from my iPhone 12 Pro Max using Tapatalk

RainyMW

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Sucks… I feel for both of you two and the others he may of ripped off.

But I also feel bad for Paul. It takes a lot to sell your soul for a grand. Sure $1000 is a lot of money… and he must of hit really hard times (self inflicted or not) to go that route.

I am generally a watch the world burn type of person while holding the gas can and matches… but I TRULY know homelessness and despair first hand and the struggles/strain it puts on ones mind and soul, and how fortunate I am…to be well ado, both financially and in health compared to then.

I truly hope the money he is making from the thievery pulls him out of the rut he is in.

This is not me condoning his actions, nor can I in good conscience if he is on hard times wish him ill…

But if he just did it for the Lolz and to be a dick… I hope that mother fucker slips in the shower… rakes his back on the down spout and while fumbling out does the splits and pushing his nuts into his throat.

I just don't understand why someone like Paul would choose who he did to rip off. He knows I'm not working right now and taking care of a 2 year old on my own, we talked frequently. This hurts, financially and personally. Financially couldn't have come at a worse time.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I just don't understand why someone like Paul would choose who he did to rip off. He knows I'm not working right now and taking care of a 2 year old on my own, we talked frequently. This hurts, financially and personally. Financially couldn't have come at a worse time.

Yeah the betrayal of friendship will always do that.

We can assume why, but only he can answer why; sadly.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Wow, I am just shocked. Really feel for you two. I just can't believe it. I made him an offer for a trade which he rejected (really glad he did I guess). Must have not been a big enough of a score for him to go out on....... smh

TheKiddVapes

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Sorry this happened to you guys, I was unfortunate to meet a similar fate, after dealing with someone for years both trading and buying/selling it came down to one deal and this person vanished.

I always wondered if he someone like that would ever come back under a different name.... karma is a bitch.....

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Sorry to see this happened to y’all. I’ve known Paul on here for quite a while. He was always a stand up guy; and, I considered him very trustworthy. I’m legitimately in utter and complete shock.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Just wow. Going from what folks considered to be a regular stand up guy to a crook all of a sudden. We have no idea what happened to cause that sudden change. Either way, it seems he will not be welcome at any vaping site any of us might frequent. His reputation is already ruined. Paul brought that upon his self by his own actions, and he shall reap the ill rewards of those actions.

crazydmnd

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Agreed with all everyone has stated. I too am shocked, having dealt with him as well. It makes you wonder why someone would suddenly take such a turn - drugs immediately comes to mind but it could be anything, and this is just personal bias. Shocking, but then people, people are human and we are capable of anything.

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Agreed with all everyone has stated. I too am shocked, having dealt with him as well. It makes you wonder why someone would suddenly take such a turn - drugs immediately comes to mind but it could be anything, and this is just personal bias. Shocking, but then people, people are human and we are capable of anything.
Honestly there could be so many reasons why he did what he did. And then again without being in his shoes we don't have the ability to see the truth of his actions.
He could always show back up with acceptable reasoning for his actions. And make things rite with those who feel wronged by him.
Just saying cant 100% damn him.

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Honestly there could be so many reasons why he did what he did. And then again without being in his shoes we don't have the ability to see the truth of his actions.
He could always show back up with acceptable reasoning for his actions. And make things rite with those who feel wronged by him.
Just saying cant 100% damn him.
If he hadn't abruptly left VU and immediately blocked us both when we messaged him on Facebook I might still believe there could be a logical reason.
But for those two facts I have to accept that we've been scammed!
It really hurts that someone you thought was a friend would do this.

Last edited:

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I he hadn't abruptly left VU and immediately blocked us both when we messaged him on Facebook I might still believe there could be a logical reason.

I hear you. Either the guy has become a thief, or someone got ahold of his place where Paul won't even get the stuff. I heard of stuff like that happening. Dude gets kicked out. New guy moves in, keeps everything, phone, computer, and all. New guy destroys old dude's reputation.

It's rare. Probably not what happened here. We just do not know. Either way, we cannot trust whoever the fuck is controlling Paul's accounts. Whether it be Paul, or some son of a bitch his ol lady is cheating on him with, I wouldn't send him a rotten banana.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
When I first saw this thread title in new posts the other day, I was pre-convinced it some newb freaking out because he paid for something and PaulS didn't message back within 15 seconds and it's the next day and isn't at his house already

RainyMW

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I hear you. Either the guy has become a thief, or someone got ahold of his place where Paul won't even get the stuff. I heard of stuff like that happening. Dude gets kicked out. New guy moves in, keeps everything, phone, computer, and all. New guy destroys old dude's reputation.

It's rare. Probably not what happened here. We just do not know. Either way, we cannot trust whoever the fuck is controlling Paul's accounts. Whether it be Paul, or some son of a bitch his ol lady is cheating on him with, I wouldn't send him a rotten banana.
Definitely was 100% Paul all the way up to the day tracking was provided then he ghosted... I would definitely have picked up on any difference in message/typing style or any of that...

I don't get the reasoning he gave, saying he was "done with VU" when he messaged gadget back. I got an instant block, he at least messaged him back. I certainly had nothing but pleasant dealings with him, so it makes no sense to scam me, and I know gadget is a stand up guy and have had only pleasant dealings with him, so highly unlikely he had any beef with him either.

Seems like maybe something else triggered him, and he saw an opportunity and took it... Its just so out of left field for him, the guy posted almost every day with handchecks and pictures etc and was always participating I just don't get how you wake up and decide F the site, F these 2 people who have done nothing to me, I'm going to rob them.

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
If he hadn't abruptly left VU and immediately blocked us both when we messaged him on Facebook I might still believe there could be a logical reason.

Don't take my previous statement wrong. I am not defending his actions in any way at all.

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Rating - 100%
118   0   0
I've dealt with Paul a few times on higher end trades. He was always a bit shady, in that he was always trying to get something worth more than he was willing to trade. Shady, yes, but still what I would consider "good business sense". But this... This just sucks. I can't see how a well established member of the VU community would do something like this to us. Because when he does it to ONE of us, he does it to ALL of us! Well, except for @RainyMW and @gadget! - now it's PERSONAL!

Last edited:

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
It sounds like he desperately needs the money. No matter what the cost - no matter who he crushes in the way.
Sad. Very sad.

I'm sorry for those of you who suffered by his hand.
Except there was no money involved, both of these were trade deals.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
drugs immediately comes to mind
804f678686708892654e132dc428e83b.jpg

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Wow, just wow. I've been away for a bit and am truly shocked by this. Paul was always legit. This guy lives not far from me, I'd be willing to go to his door and ask for your gear back. Again, truly stunned by this development I fucking hate seeing good people get ripped off.

Last edited:

DPLongo22

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Except there was no money involved, both of these were trade deals.

This is a seriously messed up situation. I don't know where he lives but is there any legal recourse in his state of residence? It looks like there are audit trail messages that imply agreement, tacit or otherwise, and that might be enough to do the tricks.

I'd think it's at least worth the time to research it.

TOTALLY fucked up though, and I do hope it swings back around... :\

RainyMW

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
This is a seriously messed up situation. I don't know where he lives but is there any legal recourse in his state of residence? It looks like there are audit trail messages that imply agreement, tacit or otherwise, and that might be enough to do the tricks.

I'd think it's at least worth the time to research it.

TOTALLY fucked up though, and I do hope it swings back around... :\
He resides in Canada. With things of this nature done via the internet, it is extremely hard to get satisfaction from the scammer party. If he was in the US small claims court might be an option but I have no idea where to even begin getting justice.

DPLongo22

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
He resides in Canada. With things of this nature done via the internet, it is extremely hard to get satisfaction from the scammer party. If he was in the US small claims court might be an option but I have no idea where to even begin getting justice.

How's about maybe just calling the authorities and telling them that you saw him outside without a mask on?

:eek::giggle::shades:

VU Sponsors