Become a Patron!

"Sense HERAKLES PLUS" My Overall Thoughts After 5 Days

ajbond916

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just this last Sunday, I headed out to my local Yeti shop and declared to them proudly "I WANT A NEW SUB OHM TANK" (not really, I'm quite shy.)
Anyways, after a few days of considering my choices, which were going to be either the SMOK TFV4, because that thing is just insane in it's own right, an Arctic tank because I've heard so many good things about them, or the Herakles, which was the most visually appealing to me at least.
After many debates, I went with the Sense Herakles Plus.
Oh boy.
Quite a step up from my previous Sub- Ohm, which was the Subtank Nano. Obviously, it was much bigger, and quite striking. It comes in your typical plastic case with a nice black sleeve covering it, the Sense Lion and "HERAKLES SUB OHM TANK" written on the front of it. I'm getting a good vibe from it so far.
Noted to say I personally own the black version, but I believe it also comes in a stainless steel variant, and a few other colors as well.
Eager to fill and slap this baby on, I ran into one problem. I could not, for the life of me, open up the top piece so I could fill the sucker. After a few minutes of struggling, I, much to my dismay, asked for help. He told me a few tips about this specific tank which I wouldn't have seen until it was too late, such as the juice chamber shut- off mechanism, which you're supposed to slide to the left to fill, and slide to the right to let the juice in once you are done filling. He got the top of it off for me. "It'll break in once you use it," he told me. And of course over the course of about a day, everything was fine.
Now on to the review. This tank has been heralded as one of the best sub ohm tanks money can buy today, for good reason. The top airflow ACTUALLY DOES SOMETHING, there is great flavor and great vapor production from just about any wattage you throw this sucker to. I personally vape it at 50-55w on my MVP 3 Pro, and that's all I need. The mouthpiece (drip tip, I know it's called but it's still just a f***** mouthpiece) is a nice and wide one, which for me, adds sort of a placebo fake airflow feeling. It's a decent size and it seems to be pretty durable.
It's made out a nice metal with a glass tank piece, O rings and gromits to make everything snug, and there are PLENTY of airflow holes on this thing. 8 to be exact, 4 on the bottom, and 4 on the top. The COOL AS HELL thing about this tank is the top airflow mechanism, which is anything but gimmicky, considering it actually does something. You'll notice if you take it all apart there is actually a 2nd, slightly wider chamber around your main one which goes directly from your atomizer to the top of the device. This 2nd chamber is actually used for the 2nd airflow and receives air from the sides of the wick and travels up to meet with the rest of the vapor. Pretty ingenious.
So vapor production is great, flavor is awesome, tank looks freaking cool, what are the cons?
Well...
This tank, at least for me, leaks like a broken water main if not filled ABSOLUTELY PERFECTLY ACCORDING TO INSTRUCTIONS. You have to make sure your chamber is closed before you fill it, or it's Niagara falls all over your hand, mod, etc. And even when you fill it, it's given me gurgly hits, mainly due to this stupid plastic piece they decided to slap on to the point where you fill it, restricting it to two slots you put your juice through rather than having it all open. If you get any juice onto that part, the upper airflow will suck it up and you'll get a mouthful of Rocket Pop flavoring like I did.
I also had bad leaking problems around the bottom, to the point of my complete surprise when I took the tank entirely off to find a puddle of juice almost seeping right into my connector.
Those cons don't detract it from being a great tank. If you're careful, you shouldn't have any problems.
Just be careful with it and you have got a great new offer from Sense, for a decent price (35.99 at my local shop.)
I'd recommend it.
The picture is my personal Herakles on my blue iTaste MVP 3.0 Pro 60W.

Attachments

• Screenshot_39.png
    Screenshot_39.png
    105.3 KB · Views: 165

PremiumVapeSupply

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Great review, but we've had these tanks for about two weeks now, I have set a few on the side to make sure that they don't leak on their own and I haven't ran into any problems. I have heard customers griping about leaking if things aren't properly sealed and that's because there's air pressure built up if you don't properly seal it due to the multiple air chambers. Overall, it is quite the beast.

ajbond916

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Great review, but we've had these tanks for about two weeks now, I have set a few on the side to make sure that they don't leak on their own and I haven't ran into any problems. I have heard customers griping about leaking if things aren't properly sealed and that's because there's air pressure built up if you don't properly seal it due to the multiple air chambers. Overall, it is quite the beast.
It is a great tank, maybe it's my own personal misuse of it, but when it vapes, it vapes.

philsubOhms

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have been hearing from a few popular youtube reviewers that this is the new king of sub ohm tanks. I do like the juice control feature and the new top airflow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
One question of practicality..... Looking at the top juice fill slots on both the Herakles Plus and TFV4, would these require a needle nose device to fill? Maybe this is considered par for the course for more advanced users who will get these?

Just thinking about best way to handle as I am a few months into this and not doing DIY juice yet. Typically buying 30ml bottles or occasionally 15, both usually with wider droppers..... Can the droppers be changed without transfering all the juice to another filling device wirh a small tip? Or, use a syringe like for printer ink?

Thanks, open to suggestions,
Mike

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
on my tfv4 i am able to use the nipple just fine from most bottles the thin taper style work just fine and yes nipples can be swapped

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm having nothing but leaking issues. I filled it first time. Closed slots. Second time I filled it I forgot to close slots. Juice everywhere. My fault. Cleaned everything out. Re filled with slots closed. Still leaking. A lil. Around the seams. Aggravating and I'm at working running out of juice. Lol

barbaraann72

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Mine is due to arrive in my mailbox in a couple of hours. I'm usually not an early adopter with new goodies, but I love my bottom fill Herakles. Super glad that you posted about the opening and closing of the slots.

Something tells me that I will mess this up a few times as I get the hang of it. :(

philsubOhms

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have been using the HERAKLES PLUS for the last 24 hours and honestly this thing is impressing me more then my Crown. There is something about how the top airflow in the Herk plus makes the vape a little less hot at higher wattages. Im using it on my IPVD2 At 75 watts this thing chucks clouds. Flavor is decent, better on the Crown for flavor , but i love thick smooth airy cloudS. And i must say i am lovin this Herk plus, and it hasnt leaked because i shut off the juice flow control when top filling. I cant wait to puff on this thing on my Higher wattage device, i know at 80 to 100 watts it's probably going to rock.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have been using the HERAKLES PLUS for the last 24 hours and honestly this thing is impressing me more then my Crown. There is something about how the top airflow in the Herk plus makes the vape a little less hot at higher wattages. Im using it on my IPVD2 At 75 watts this thing chucks clouds. Flavor is decent, better on the Crown for flavor , but i love thick smooth airy cloudS. And i must say i am lovin this Herk plus, and it hasnt leaked because i shut off the juice flow control when top filling. I cant wait to puff on this thing on my Higher wattage device, i know at 80 to 100 watts it's probably going to rock.

My opinion I still feel the crown is a little better in flavor not by far tho. I got the big leaking under control but I still do have a very small droplet come seems when I refill

philsubOhms

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Dont get me wrong the Crown is better in flavor, but im liking these herk plus clouds. Hopefully the coils wont die fast

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Idk I'm actually getting frustrated with this tank with leaking thru seams and air vents

philsubOhms

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Let me ask you a question, is your herk leaking heavily through the vents while your vaping it, or when lay the tank down on its side. I noticed on mine i put the device down on its side and i noticed when i picked it up there was a slight drop of juice in between the vent, i mean its wasnt dripping out but i still noticed it. I think what i am going to start doing more when im not using it i will close the juice channel, and see if that helps, snd then when i want to vape it i will just turn it back on. Good luck with yours dude

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Let me ask you a question, is your herk leaking heavily through the vents while your vaping it, or when lay the tank down on its side. I noticed on mine i put the device down on its side and i noticed when i picked it up there was a slight drop of juice in between the vent, i mean its wasnt dripping out but i still noticed it. I think what i am going to start doing more when im not using it i will close the juice channel, and see if that helps, snd then when i want to vape it i will just turn it back on. Good luck with yours dude

It leaks heavy sometimes and little other. Ima change coil and see if that helps. And I'm doing the closing and filling instructions.

philsubOhms

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
also try to if you can, when your not vaping it turn off the juice flow, see if that helps at all

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It does but when I open it back up it leaks. So that's why I'm gunna change coil and see if that helps.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Anyone have any recommendation on the stainless steel coil setting. First time using that coil

vwfan79

Member For 4 Years
In power mode I vape my ss coils at 45w and in tc mode I'm around 460°f. These are .3 Atlantis ss coils in a different tank.

philsubOhms

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I havnt tried that SS coil yet, let me know how that vapes in comparison to the kanthal. Good luck with the leaking

philsubOhms

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I found some posts in REDDIT about people saying there herk plus leaks and they mention some other good tips on correcting issue. Just do a search on google for "herkakles tank leaking" and click on reddit link, good info there

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yea just read some of the things. Just seems a lil aggravating like one of the comments said you shouldn't have to fiddle with the tank to get a non leaking vape experience. My tfv4 and crown both out the box had no issues minus a bad oring on coil on the crown

philsubOhms

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That is true, the only time i had my TFV4 leak is when i was using the dual coil RBA deck and that was partly my fault cause i didnt wick it right, but with the stock triple coils in there, and with the coils on the crown i never had leaking. Its funny, you would think that the fact that sense went to the trouble to add a juice control shut-off system that it wouldn't leak at all. Let me know if you find the magic trick, and like i said my herk has only shown a slight drop in the air vent but no actual leaking out. i know how you feel, i had other tanks in the past that drive me freaking nuts with all sorts of issues.

Just got mine in the post, primed it and took it slowly up the wattage but there's no flavour!? Does this tank have a long break in period ?

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Mine broke in pretty quickly. The only coils that took forever to break in for me were the tfv4 quad coils. I really don't wanna fiddle with this tank to make sure it don't leak. Plus the packaging doesn't come with any extra orings which I feel is standard now in all the tanks coming out now.

That is true, the only time i had my TFV4 leak is when i was using the dual coil RBA deck and that was partly my fault cause i didnt wick it right, but with the stock triple coils in there, and with the coils on the crown i never had leaking. Its funny, you would think that the fact that sense went to the trouble to add a juice control shut-off system that it wouldn't leak at all. Let me know if you find the magic trick, and like i said my herk has only shown a slight drop in the air vent but no actual leaking out. i know how you feel, i had other tanks in the past that drive me freaking nuts with all sorts of issues.

Might just sell this ish and get another crown

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine broke in pretty quickly. The only coils that took forever to break in for me were the tfv4 quad coils. I really don't wanna fiddle with this tank to make sure it don't leak. Plus the packaging doesn't come with any extra orings which I feel is standard now in all the tanks coming out now.

Hmm, it could be the juice then. I had the same problem with the crown so I ordered the Herakles plus and the juice is still very muted in this too.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hmm, it could be the juice then. I had the same problem with the crown so I ordered the Herakles plus and the juice is still very muted in this too.
U never know try another juice. I get pretty ok flavor out the herakles but my opinion it does not compare to the crown .25 coils or the tfv4 quad coils

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I will rock with crown all day and tfv4

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just picked up another tfv4 and a rx200. Sold my old stainless tfv4 and crown to get this herakles now I'm probably gunna get another crown. Sad days. And the reviewers I watch on YouTube don't mention anything about leaking with this tank. Sad

I had the leaking issue on my black one (silver not doing it) on the 2d or 3 fill up and removed the coil and reinstalled again making sure it was tight. Seemed to stop it for a few fills but back doing it slightly. Haven't investigated it too closely yet.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That's what I have that's leaking. So not sure if it's something with the construction of the 2 colors

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
This discussion is very helpful. My vaping habits are too haphazard to turn the juice flow on and off all day, whether on H Plus, Cyclone, Starre Pro, Triton, whatever. If I am sitting in my car stressed in traffic, I might take a few vapes then go back to driving when the light changes. I can stand mod in cupholder but do not always remember.

Crown fans- what are some juices that will not destroy the coils?

Until I get this sorted, Herk 1 is the best of my older generation tanks.

TFV4- concerns that first 3 tanks have bad flavor due to long break in? Not sure if thats right, but I am not a heavy enough vaper for that.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
This discussion is very helpful. My vaping habits are too haphazard to turn the juice flow on and off all day, whether on H Plus, Cyclone, Starre Pro, Triton, whatever. If I am sitting in my car stressed in traffic, I might take a few vapes then go back to driving when the light changes. I can stand mod in cupholder but do not always remember.

Crown fans- what are some juices that will not destroy the coils?

Until I get this sorted, Herk 1 is the best of my older generation tanks.

TFV4- concerns that first 3 tanks have bad flavor due to long break in? Not sure if thats right, but I am not a heavy enough vaper for that.
The crown I have never had any juice mess up the coils. I've heard the darker colored juices mess up coils faster. The tfv4 and crown I love. The tfv4 has a little longer break in due to the massive coil size but well worth the break in period imo.

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Guess Ill go for the Horizon Arctic V8. I had high hopes for the Herakles Plus, since the V1 was so damn nice. Thanks guys for all your opinions.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Guess Ill go for the Horizon Arctic V8. I had high hopes for the Herakles Plus, since the V1 was so damn nice. Thanks guys for all your opinions.
It's not a bad tank but the whole leaking issue makes me feel like if I can go back I wouldn't buy this tank. I would buy the crown before I buy that Arctic. I just don't see a point in doing a juice control and still leak like wtf and none of these reviewers mention leaking. I base all my purchases on reviews and usually here spot on.

philsubOhms

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
in my experience the reason why reviewers dont mention leaking is simply because there tanks that they were reviewing didnt leak. Now if it did and they dont mention that they should be burned at the stake. LOL

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
i found my fix to my leak issue was to clip the edge down on the silicon seal in the cap flush on the top. seals nicely now and no leaks even if i forget to close the air flow.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
i found my fix to my leak issue was to clip the edge down on the silicon seal in the cap flush on the top. seals nicely now and no leaks even if i forget to close the air flow.
Pic?

Last edited by a moderator:

Chuck H.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Was debating on getting the TFV4, I probably will pick it up at some point.
I have the TFV4 Smowell , It's a P.O.S. I M O I'll stick with my Triton's and Atlantis's & Kanger sub mini NOT one problem for me with these one's ! IMO keep it simple and vape with less stress not to mention save $ too ! Happy vaping !!! Oh yes I'm completely off of NICOTINE , Only Flavor and VG finally !!!

cascadian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's not a bad tank but the whole leaking issue makes me feel like if I can go back I wouldn't buy this tank. I would buy the crown before I buy that Arctic. I just don't see a point in doing a juice control and still leak like wtf and none of these reviewers mention leaking. I base all my purchases on reviews and usually here spot on.

Add one additional step and you will be able to enjoy your Herakles Plus leak free. The issue lies with the size of the top cap. After top filling it creates significant pressure in the tank when you re-install the cap. If you hold the tank upside down while you open the juice flow up, the pressure will equalize without flooding. Leave it upside down for about 30 seconds after opening up the juice flow before turning it over.

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Today I noticed Sense is coming out with a basic $20 bottom fill tank that uses Herakles Plus coils. Its called Sense Mermaid, with some crazy word in the middle. Unfortnately it only holds 2 ml. Otherwise I would consider. Maybe Sense realized they lost many original Herakles fans when they released the Plus? Herk Plus now $22.95 on Ebay so I guess there are plenty out there not sold.

I suspect Arctic Turbo and V8 will also be uphill. Freemax has 2 coming, and Aspire has a new one also on the way. Not to mention some V2 versions of older tanks.

If anyone needs a cheap spare tank:
I saw an original Arctic on VapeNW for $10 today, plus a Vision MK on Vapor World also for $10. Hard to pay much for anything now with such competition.

The TFV4 on the way, full size full kit black, was about $28 all included, and I see quad coils for $4.99 on Ebay. So even that is cheap now.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Tfv4 and crown all day. So disappointed In the herakles plus

philsubOhms

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
the Horizon TURBO was garbage point blank.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I felt the original Arctic was good

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Add one additional step and you will be able to enjoy your Herakles Plus leak free. The issue lies with the size of the top cap. After top filling it creates significant pressure in the tank when you re-install the cap. If you hold the tank upside down while you open the juice flow up, the pressure will equalize without flooding. Leave it upside down for about 30 seconds after opening up the juice flow before turning it over.
Still does it. I'm just gunna sell it cheap on CL and go get something else.

philsubOhms

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yea i still use the original Arctic too i never had issues with it, it chucks clouds and is reliable.

VU Sponsors