SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Because they got a letter from Sony's Lawyer's and are complying

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
That's kinda why I wouldn't want to buy Sony batteries right now. Any of them being sold are either fake or non compliant

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
i was a die hard vtc3/4 fan and since liionwholesale stopped selling them i turned to other cells.
i found that hb4/6 cells perform better than vtcs, but have less mah. for applications where maybe im not pounding amps with low resistances, like in a series configuration, ive grown fond of 25r cells. they last a real long time and perform well.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's kinda why I wouldn't want to buy Sony batteries right now. Any of them being sold are either fake or non compliant

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
I trust IMR Batteries, they once got a batch of LG's that they questioned. They sent them to Mooch, turned out to be fakes, then contacted their customers and offered a refund or exchange.

I've had great luck with Sony Batteries and I like the balance of performance and battery life with the VTC5a's. I'll be picking up a bunch before they're no longer available.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I trust IMR Batteries, they once got a batch of LG's that they questioned. They sent them to Mooch, turned out to be fakes, then contacted their customers and offered a refund or exchange.

I've had great luck with Sony Batteries and I like the balance of performance and battery life with the VTC5a's. I'll be picking up a bunch before they're no longer available.

yeah sony batteries are great. the VCT5 was the gold standard for quite some time, but with samsung and LG now also making great batteries and the fact sony has sold off the battery division, makes me feel better staying away form them.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2016/07/29/sony-to-sell-its-innovative-battery-division/

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know it makes you feel like crying...... She keeps falling over like a big tit chick.....

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk
Still doesn't beat this though ;)

3a1fe1168d1642911be4be6b703f4d68.jpg

mokeife

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

i just found a new build i like and i thought it might be good for you since it comes out to .3 on the dot. i did 11 wrap of 22gauge around a 3mm bit very good flavor im using it at 120 watts ramp up time is a bit slower than what im used to but i cant wait to try it out on a mech mod

Stedke

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I may have to give this a shot!! Thanks man! Nice coils btw!!!

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i just found a new build i like and i thought it might be good for you since it comes out to .3 on the dot. i did 11 wrap of 22gauge around a 3mm bit very good flavor im using it at 120 watts ramp up time is a bit slower than what im used to but i cant wait to try it out on a mech mod
That's over 27a and over 213watts

mokeife

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i know it is lol i just got my mech mod actually the build i went with was 13 wraps of 24 gauge around a 3mm bit and i love it this one is more like 120 watts

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i know it is lol i just got my mech mod actually the build i went with was 13 wraps of 24 gauge around a 3mm bit and i love it this one is more like 120 watts

How do you figure 120 watts is your mech a series mod? 120watts a a 3.7v mech would be around .15ohms and I can't figure out how to get there with 24G wire.

mokeife

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
in a paralel mod that would be .1 ohms but youll be drawing 35 amps from your cells. it comes out to like 2 wraps of 24 gauge

fartbubble

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
pretty straightforward build then. That used to be the build that was always suggested to people just getting into series mechs

Stedke

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nice man!!

mokeife

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
thanks sorry bout the double post i couldnt figure out how to put 2 pictures in one post

Stedke

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Don't laugh at my wicking but these dual alien wire clapton are the best flavor and cloud production out of anything I've ever owned. Love this on my 24mm mason!! It's. 32 ohms. Ramp up time isn't bad on my series box.

Attachments

• 20160930_222741.jpg
    20160930_222741.jpg
    261.9 KB · Views: 19

mokeife

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Don't laugh at my wicking but these dual alien wire clapton are the best flavor and cloud production out of anything I've ever owned. Love this on my 24mm mason!! It's. 32 ohms. Ramp up time isn't bad on my series box.

very nice how is the ramp up time with that? wicking looks fine to me looks nice and tight also what size wire is it?

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ramp up on series should be close to non existant

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Stedke

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's maybe 1 second, pretty quick for claptons. Love my series box mod, don't think I'll ever buy a regulated device again. Wanna get a parralel mod next. I'm not sure what the specs are on the alien claptons, I received them in a trade with my mason on this forum lol. I will have a mutation x 4vs coming next week from a trade on here as well. Annnnnd.... my pharoah tank I won from a contest on this forum should be in next week!!

Stedke

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
How are you liking the mech mod?

mokeife

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i love it it hits like a train lol. however i was having a problem with coils tasting burnt within an hour of vaping and i think i fixed the issue. i think the issue was that the wicking was too tight due to the wide coils i had to fit in a small 22mm rda. i think the wide coil was chocking off the cotton and causing them to start giving me burnt hits well before they were dry. if you get me...it was like the leg and the end of the coil cutting off the juice flow i think hope i got it fixed. also when i took my cotton out it was in 2 pieces i dont know if it ripped when i took it out or when i put it in. i also have to give some claptons a try when i get my 30mm big buddha

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Two pieces of cotton wick mean it burned..... means you are not dripping enough. Or. Cotton too tight or loose in the coil. Could also be hot leg.
Oh one note wet looking wick outside the coil doesn't mean the wick inside the coil is wet. You can't see that. Unless you remove the wick and see signs of burning.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

mokeife

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Two pieces of cotton wick mean it burned..... means you are not dripping enough. Or. Cotton too tight or loose in the coil. Could also be hot leg.
Oh one note wet looking wick outside the coil doesn't mean the wick inside the coil is wet. You can't see that. Unless you remove the wick and see signs of burning.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
still having a problem with my coils not lasting long at all like hours compared to like 4 days of heavy vaping. i believe its a wicking problem the only new variables are the mod which i dont think is the issue. i think it has something to do with my coils having more wraps than usual since im building on a mech mod.i think the juice is having trouble getting to the middle of the coil hence why my cotton is comming out in 2 pieces. i believe it has to do with me letting them get too dry like you mentioned. i normally vape till i get a slight dry taste then i drip. i will try and keep them wet from now on and see if that makes a difference. my cotton doesnt look burned but it must be to an extent hense all the dry hits im getting when the cotton still looks wet. hopefully keeping it wet will help otherwise im out of ideas thanks for your help ill keep you updated.

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Those look a lot more like fused Claptons than aliens.

Stedke

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Those look a lot more like fused Claptons than aliens.
They very well could be, got them new in a trade. I think whomever they got them from fibbed to them in the first place. He said they were between .18 and .2 but came out to .32. I'm not mad but I should pry let him know to not get them again for himself.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep you are having a wicking issue either too little and the juice gets burned off too fast.. or too much and the coil is clogged and no juice can get in.. Or you got the wick perfect and the voltage is too high resulting in a too hot coil. Too hot being a relative term. A vape can feel cool and still be a hot coil. Or you are just not dripping enough juice..... If you are waiting for that dry taste, or the taste of burning before you drip... I believe we have the issue drip BEFORE long before you taste dry.. If you taste dry, your wick will be burned. Remember the coil doesn't just go cold when you release the fire button.

mokeife

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ive been dripping more often and so far i havnt had any more problems i think it was a problem with me not dripping enough and the voltage being high like you said because im using a series mod,i guess with my regulated mod i was able to let the wick get dry since the voltage was lower thanks for your help

Last edited:

VU Sponsors