Become a Patron!

Should I be worried?

Hey I placed an order with Focalecig 11 days ago and it still hasn't shipped, I've tried emailing but haven't gotten a response yet. It's my first order with them so I'm wondering if this is normal or should I open a PayPal dispute? Any information is appreciated.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey I placed an order with Focalecig 11 days ago and it still hasn't shipped, I've tried emailing but haven't gotten a response yet. It's my first order with them so I'm wondering if this is normal or should I open a PayPal dispute? Any information is appreciated.
Welcome to the world of China merchandise.

If it's coming from China you might get it by Christmas.... If it's coming from Germany maybe a week sooner.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I'm not worried about waiting as long as they'll actually ship it lol. Been ordering from China but never had a single item order that was listed in stock take almost 2 weeks to ship out, plus no reply I was getting worried about it so thought to ask. But they will ship it if they confirmed my order? Because that's all I got on the 13th and nothing since.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I'd open a PP ticket, because it appears[haven't used that site] that there should be a shipped notice or label created or something. Also because dispute, while taking forever to settle, prompts sellers to contact buyer.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe it was shipped already and they haven't provided any shipping information.

Their site says 3-7 day processing time usually so I don't want to open a dispute if they're just crazy busy. PP gives 6 months before I'd be SOL so I guess I'll just wait a bit longer and if there's no change at around 3 weeks I'll file a dispute if they haven't shipped by then. And maybe they have shipped it but my account still just shows the order as processing so if they don't email back and tell me that it's on them lol.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Their site says 3-7 day processing time usually so I don't want to open a dispute if they're just crazy busy. PP gives 6 months before I'd be SOL so I guess I'll just wait a bit longer and if there's no change at around 3 weeks I'll file a dispute if they haven't shipped by then. And maybe they have shipped it but my account still just shows the order as processing so if they don't email back and tell me that it's on them lol.

I am familiar with one Chinese site that does that. Order will still say "Processing" right up until it's in your mailbox.

I don't know about Focalecig, but I wouldn't sweat it much, just yet anyway.

Well figured it out, I don't plan on ever placing another order with them, I bought an item listed with over 40 items in stock and 2 weeks later they refund me less money than I paid for it because the US dollar is worth less than when I purchased so it cost me 5 dollars to place an order that I'm now not getting. Terrible customer service and terrible experience all around. Companies like them that give a bad reputation to Chinese businesses.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Never EVER order something from China that you want or need to get soon.

Just ain't gonna happen.

Especially if you order during one of their MANY Yearly Festivals as EVERYTHING grinds to a stop.

If you have a tracking number, 17track.net will give you a rough idea.

Also clearing US Customs can take up to a couple of weeks.

And when your order does show up, it will do so without you getting an "Out for Delivery" notice.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In the last couple months this has been happening to me.
This is an ongoing issue....and it will become tougher for Chinese companies....

If you order anything from China you need to give yourself at least a 2 months wait time.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sometimes when you place an order you get a confirmation but never receive a shipping confirmation or tracking number. I had that happen with my last order and it was from a USA Vendor. Before I got around to giving them a call it was delivered~!

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
NEVER order anything from China that you need in a hurry. That's rule number 1 for sure.

I have placed maybe 2 dozen orders from China in the last few months and the experiences are all over the place. Quick shipping with confirmation and tracking to no confirmation or tracking at all and everything in between.

In the end, everything has always gotten here, even while the order on the vendor site still said "processing" in a couple instances. This is no fun, but at least for now, the stuff does get here eventually.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah 100% correct and I received a Fastech order in less than 7 days once~! LMFAO
The fastest I ever got anything from China was when I got a hold of an SXK employee on their Facebook page and he sent me 5 Billet Box keys DHL. Never even placed an order. (You can't order these) Just a personal transaction between he and I where I put money on this guy's PayPal account not sure what to expect.

The keys got here in 5 days. From "Thanks for the help" in the messenger, to the door here in Michigan. 5 days.

Unfortunately that was not the shape of things to come with DHL and me, but that's another story. .

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The fastest I ever got anything from China was when I got a hold of an SXK employee on their Facebook page and he sent me 5 Billet Box keys DHL. Never even placed an order. (You can't order these) Just a personal transaction between he and I where I put money on this guy's PayPal account not sure what to expect.

The keys got here in 5 days. From "Thanks for the help" in the messenger, to the door here in Michigan. 5 days.

Unfortunately that was not the shape of things to come with DH and me, but that's another story. .

When I ordered it was like $5 total and people in the Shipping thread were telling me I will see it in months. Imagine their faces when I posted the pics in the Vape mail Thread~! LMFAO

I am not a fan of Fastech but damn how can I not order again?

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I ordered it was like $5 total and people in the Shipping thread were telling me I will see it in months. Imagine their faces when I posted the pics in the Vape mail Thread~! LMFAO

I am not a fan of Fastech but damn how can I not order again?
I have saved a massive amojnt of money getting gear from China. It's great when it gets here faster, but even when it doesn't, the savings are worth it. At least to me :)

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have saved a massive amojnt of money getting gear from China. It's great when it gets here faster, but even when it doesn't, the savings are worth it. At least to me :)

I only needed glass tanks for my Rafale Tank and the prices were crazy everywhere else if they had them so I just said WTF and I will try them. Well from my first experience I will use them again when I need something.

VU Sponsors