Become a Patron!

Sigelei 100W!!! Loving it.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
T
Agreed. Adjusting pins is a pain. I'm pretty sure I want the 100 watt Plus also. ElementVapes is taking pre-orders for $99. Anyone know if they are a reputable dealer? Seems like a good price.

The link is https://www.elementvape.com/sigelei-100w-watt-plus-box-mod-black-and-gold?enter=true
thanks for the link. Will have to see if others verify the site, and I still might wait to see how they work out, too. Gotta look for coupons, too :) I'd love a Black Friday deal, but unlikely on the plus. If I can get a V2 on the cheap for Black Friday that might seal the deal.

Anybody else find it sad that iPads auto correct Black Friday to having caps? Damn retail driven society, lol.

TərlôKh

Member For 4 Years
How do you know the difference between the revamped center pin? Just grabbed the Sigelei 100watt vapor range oni edition and it is a nice vape . No voltage jump on sub ohm like the seven30 does.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How do you know the difference between the revamped center pin? Just grabbed the Sigelei 100watt vapor range oni edition and it is a nice vape . No voltage jump on sub ohm like the seven30 does.

The units sent out to the general public had this problem fixed. I think Sigelei has figured out that you don't send untested products out to "reviewers" to preview, before extensively testing yourself. Hopefully they have used a high quality spring for their new "spring loaded" center pins.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The units sent out to the general public had this problem fixed. I think Sigelei has figured out that you don't send untested products out to "reviewers" to preview, before extensively testing yourself. Hopefully they have used a high quality spring for their new "spring loaded" center pins.
Agreed.

And to the question on the spring, I don't know how to get those letters so I can't tag you, lol... I believe they changed the pins from solid copper to brass that is copper plated. You'd have to destroy one to tell, though.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Me, I kinda like the solid copper pin that you have to adjust yourself.

No springs to go bad or get stuck.
I had to change my pin after a month. It wore out and made the ohms jump :( I hope I can buy more since they only provided 2

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Me, I kinda like the solid copper pin that you have to adjust yourself.

No springs to go bad or get stuck.
The spring issue is why I can't decide on the Plus... Is it worth it to risk a possibly poorly designed self adjusting connection for convenience? I don't know, can't make up my mind. I just know that I don't like adjusting all the time, and I'm constantly changing attys. At least four of my Kayfuns are of the same variety, but the other two are totally different. Again, price will be a factor. I feel like Black Friday could have some deals on the V2 if any are left. They're already selling em off pretty cheap.

VapinChevy

Abnormal Chevy Guy
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reviewer

Peter Shukin

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Got mine today, it's a v2 model thankfully. The center pin is no issue for my Fogger, and it came with 5 extra center pins. Happily chucking 30 watt clouds with it, and probably will for a long time.....

Not Sure

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm curious guys why so of watts? What are the benefits, just got a sigelei and it tops out at 30w, I've read that the aspire nautilis atomizer can only handle 15w so what gives??
high wattage isnt for clearos. build an rda and vape it at 75 watts and up and youll see the difference. fun hobby. i got the sig 100 plus version and its GREAT!! youll need a hefty supply of juice though because it turns into a guzzler the higher you go lol

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
So I have seen some plus models popping in stock, and noticed they mention a 3 month warranty. I went to Asmodus's website, and they list the 50 Watt, 100 Watt, and Plus all as 3 months.

This seemed to be the main gripe with the ipv3, Asmodus apparently sees fit to change policy at will. It sucks to pay for shipping, too, but that I can handle. Especially with the new firmware, and the ability to get them at around the same price, I'm really thinking about the ipv3 now.

All this warranty changing crap just sucks. Makes me realize why I love my mechs, but I still want a new box mod.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The spring issue is why I can't decide on the Plus... Is it worth it to risk a possibly poorly designed self adjusting connection for convenience? I don't know, can't make up my mind. I just know that I don't like adjusting all the time, and I'm constantly changing attys. At least four of my Kayfuns are of the same variety, but the other two are totally different. Again, price will be a factor. I feel like Black Friday could have some deals on the V2 if any are left. They're already selling em off pretty cheap.
Just do a fat daddy or varitube 510 swap I see myself doing this soon I can't f@$king stand that pin!

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Just do a fat daddy or varitube 510 swap I see myself doing this soon I can't f@$king stand that pin!
I'm not that handy, I'd definitely break something. I'm now just torn between an ipv3 and a Plus, again. The ipv3 has dropped in price big time, and the plus is almost out, some places have it. Getting a first batch device does worry me, though.

Now it seems the ipv3 has a longer warranty, as per Asmodus, and the firmware update, if stable, reads ohms to the hundredth. I like that. The lack of magnets sucks, though.

I want it now, but don't need it, so I'm just gonna keep shopping around reading and contemplating. If I get the Sigelei, it will definitely be the plus, though. I could pull the trigger on one any time at this point. We shall see.

Uber300

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I love my Sig 100, I decided to get one for my wife and received a surprise, just opened it this morning. It's a "VR 100 Watt Sigelei" The data sheet that came with it states that it has a version 3 SX330 chip. Also, it has a deep etched demon blowing vapor. The authenticity card stated that it was 102 of 500. From what I have been about it to find out online(which is not much at all)`, they will run only 500 of each colour, which I believe is only silver and black. It also came with 5 brass-copper plated pins for the 510 connection. The data sheet also stated that it had an improved firing button. Don't have my cell on me, so I will post pics later. Looks really nice! Forgot to mention that this model has no screws or screw holes, instead, has two magnets on top and on bottom!

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks like they are making functional improvements quickly.

"Chinese Manufacture" and "Limited Edition",, kind of an oxymoron though... lol

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I love my Sig 100, I decided to get one for my wife and received a surprise, just opened it this morning. It's a "VR 100 Watt Sigelei" The data sheet that came with it states that it has a version 3 SX330 chip. Also, it has a deep etched demon blowing vapor. The authenticity card stated that it was 102 of 500. From what I have been about it to find out online(which is not much at all)`, they will run only 500 of each colour, which I believe is only silver and black. It also came with 5 brass-copper plated pins for the 510 connection. The data sheet also stated that it had an improved firing button. Don't have my cell on me, so I will post pics later. Looks really nice! Forgot to mention that this model has no screws or screw holes, instead, has two magnets on top and on bottom!
That sounds awesome. I wanna see pics for sure.

I ended up pulling the trigger on an ipv3 VR-150 Plus. It's black carbon fiber which is awesome, and was a good deal, not much more than the Sig Plus are preordering for. I wanted the spring loaded connector, and didn't wanna be buying a first batch, and also the firmware update kinda sealed the deal. Also, it has a longer warranty, though Asmodus seems sketchy, since they seem to have changed the Sig to 3 months on their site.

Don't need the watts, but I like reading to the hundredths on the display. I realized I wanted the ipv3 all along, it was just the lack of magnets holding me back, and I can deal with it, or install them. I doubt I'll be vaping high enough to need to be switching batteries a ton. It should arrive Thursday, but my two pair of batteries are scheduled for Friday. Then, I gotta charge em... It's gonna be very difficult not throwing in a pair of 18650's, but I will be strong. Even though mine are all dated and numbered, I'm not gonna mess around.

I think I'm in the wrong thread now... Lol

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
One of my issues with the Sigelei is that it only reads resistance to the 10th.
Yeah, not a deal breaker, but certainly is nice. I'm gonna try to wait a few days to update, but I'm not hearing of any problems, so that's good. I did want the ipv3 appearance wise, especially carbon fiber, but again, it was the spring loaded 510 that has actually been in use by consumers for a while that really sold me. Also, the negligible price difference, and it is a birthday gift :) made it worth it.

All the issues with P4Y seem to revolve around preorders expecting the touch sensor, which I know about, and Asmodus. The second issue is shared with the Sig, so I think it's a toss up. I'd probably be happy either way, they seem to both be awesome devices.

I won a Mutation X V2 on Mod Envy a bit back, and I hope it comes before the ipv3. I wanna to at least push her hard once, I'll use my igo W if needed. It's gonna be seeing mostly kayfuns, so I'm gonna be driving a Ferrari through a neighborhood, lol.

I'm thinking of playing with thicker wire but still building 1-1.2 ohms, and cranking the watts a bit. More surface area for flavor, and the power to actually heat it up fast. Gonna be fun, I'm excited.

OB61887

Am I saying meow?
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Someone earlier in the thread took theirs apart to look at doing a fat daddy. They determined that it would be possible but very very difficult because of how the 510 is attached.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Someone earlier in the thread took theirs apart to look at doing a fat daddy. They determined that it would be possible but very very difficult because of how the 510 is attached.
I feel like it was @dre1982 who mentioned it, I think. Too lazy to search, lol. There was something going on that would make it difficult. I think it was a situation where not destroying the box would be difficult? I'm not that handy anyway, it would be a great upgrade it seems.

nodor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks guys
I found the post. I have one ordered and have a couple FD510's around. Thought it would be a good mod to do. Sounds like it might be to long to fit without elevating the new connector. Probably be smarter to hang tight and think for awhile

MisterBig

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have to say that the Sigelei 100w is fantastic! Although it does make for a tight fit on my batteries, the battery life itself is outstanding and with my setting typically at 55 watts, they last me an entire day. Is it true that they are making another variation soon?

BugOut Machine

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have to say that the Sigelei 100w is fantastic! Although it does make for a tight fit on my batteries, the battery life itself is outstanding and with my setting typically at 55 watts, they last me an entire day. Is it true that they are making another variation soon?

Agreed MB.

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just wanted to give a quick thanks to the people that bought this mod early on and offered their feedback. Helped clarify for me what I wanted in my next (and first real) mod: reliability, solid build, good chip, etc. Otherwise I probably would have gone for either the cheapest, or the most watts per dollar mod, and most likely regretted the purchase. I've had the Sig 100 for a couple days and absolutely love it. I'm just starting to learn how to build my own coils (did some experimenting with my previous Vamo, but, ya, 15 watts didn't really cut it...haha), and haven't had a chance to use anything but my Aerotank clearo yet. But getting 3 days of battery life running at 10 Watts (lol) has been great. This is my first box mod, and already greatly prefer the feel of it in my hand over my Vamo stick. In general just very happy with my purchase, and when I have time I'm excited to start using the RDAs I've had sitting around for a while. Thanks again to everyone involved for making this such a useful resource!

Kevin2112

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well after reading and watching many reviews I also have decided to order the Plus version. Two batteries, magnetic door, spring loaded pin , rubber protective cover for my dirty work hands and 100 watts. Pretty much everything that you would look for in a box mod. My IPV2 will make a good back up. I now have 9 back up mods. That should be enough....right?

OB61887

Am I saying meow?
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
No. Never. You want to be prepared for the zombie apocalypse.

bcollier

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok, ok! Y'all have talked me into it, after researching and listening to others reviews I think I'm gonna break down and get the Sig 100w plus. It's been a toss up between it, the Ivp3 and the VS rdna. Wasn't really hip on the VS seeings how I just sent my two month old VS dna30 in for repairs.

I've been using a Sigelei 100w Plus since saturday. I've only had one problem so far, and it probably won't be an issue for 99.9% of people who buy one. I work in a machine shop and have to be careful where I set the Sig down, otherwise every speck of loose metal ends up stuck to the battery door and/or vents on the bottom of it. I'm not sure how, but metal chips and dust even work their way inside the silicone sleeve to get to the magnets.

Uber300

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've been using a Sigelei 100w Plus since saturday. I've only had one problem so far, and it probably won't be an issue for 99.9% of people who buy one. I work in a machine shop and have to be careful where I set the Sig down, otherwise every speck of loose metal ends up stuck to the battery door and/or vents on the bottom of it. I'm not sure how, but metal chips and dust even work their way inside the silicone sleeve to get to the magnets.
lol...strong magnets
warning: @bcollier I no longer use my VS.

OB61887

Am I saying meow?
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The fatbaby is pretty much just a Sigelei 100W with a skin from what I've heard, though it doesn't go as low. .2 s .18.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't think that's the plus version... Button is same as v2, and no spring 510.

Improvement Over "fatbaby" V1:
  • Center Copper Pin is now spring loaded adjustable
  • No more screws for the battery door! It's now fully magnetic for ease of changing batteries.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Improvement Over "fatbaby" V1:
  • Center Copper Pin is now spring loaded adjustable
  • No more screws for the battery door! It's now fully magnetic for ease of changing batteries.
Must of missed that.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Anyone know of any current deals on the v2 or plus? Was going to order from elev8vape, but seems they are still out of stock and it appears Sigelei is in a tuff on FB because the plus is marked lower than msrp. I emailed him but haven't heard back yet. Planning on ordering in the morning.

VU Sponsors