Become a Patron!

SIMPLIFY THIS FOR ME

Ok so I'm somewhat new. I currently have a joytech ego aio. I upgraded from a simple vape pen. I vape a lot. I barely put it down lol I vape mtl. I enjoy the throat hit and a big cloud. I want to upgrade to a mod box which has been recommended to me for the way I vape. I'm new to the ohm and wattage. And I just need a simple you should be vaping at a -- ohm and --wattage with this coil. And what starter kit would be best.

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Simply put don't take a 1.0+ ohm coil too high stay under 20 watts. the lower the ohms the higher the watts can go.

Put even simpler find a setting you like that can keep up with your style.

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok so I'm somewhat new. I currently have a joytech ego aio. I upgraded from a simple vape pen. I vape a lot. I barely put it down lol I vape mtl. I enjoy the throat hit and a big cloud. I want to upgrade to a mod box which has been recommended to me for the way I vape. I'm new to the ohm and wattage. And I just need a simple you should be vaping at a -- ohm and --wattage with this coil. And what starter kit would be best.

Hi SaltWife, and welcome to Vaping Underground! I like the lil AIO! It is a decent vape, and amazing bargain. I bought a bunch for my crew.

If you are moving into the realm of box mods, we need some help. Budget is probably important.
Batteries. Do you want to be tethered by an internal, unreplaceable battery that has to go on the USB like the AIO?
Removable batteries and chargers (backup) are an investment, but they last forever and are WELL worth their money.
Removable batteries let you take them to other mods, as your tastes change, you acquire more gear..
I think VW is all you really want and need right now. Temp control is something you don't really NEED, and too much to learn maybe right now.
Size is also a big preference coming from an AIO. Small is stealth but less battery. Big is vape for days (well, certainly all day). As in life, it is always a compromise.

You are going to need (probably a tank) to go with all this. The mod will somewhat dictate the tank.
I'll watch the thread and see if I can help you pin down what is best for YOU.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is a tank and mod:
http://vapenw.com/alien-220w-mod-by-smok

For that you'd need 18650 batteries and a charger.
Samsung 25R or 30Q
LG HE2 or HE4
Sony VTC4 or VTC5
All good battery choices.

Nitecore D4
Xtar VC4
Edfest LUC Blu6
All good charger options.

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/vendors-that-ship-from-usa.266680/
Vendors that ship from the USA

As far as settings;
Ohms, you'll only adjust this by wrapping your own coils.
As a new vaper you may not get into this, it is normally for more advanced vapers.
However that isn't a requirement.
Even new users can do this, just requires research or someone to teach you how.
For a tank that uses stock coils (like the one that comes in the kit I posted in the first link) the wattage is printed on the coil so there isn't much guess work to do.
The print will provide you with a range and all you do is choose a wattage within that range.
Granted this is simply the recommended setting, you could go slightly outside of it if it provides you a better vape.

Just thoughts for you to consider......

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is a tank and mod:
http://vapenw.com/alien-220w-mod-by-smok

For that you'd need 18650 batteries and a charger.
Samsung 25R or 30Q
LG HE2 or HE4
Sony VTC4 or VTC5
All good battery choices.

Nitecore D4
Xtar VC4
Edfest LUC Blu6
All good charger options.

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/vendors-that-ship-from-usa.266680/
Vendors that ship from the USA

As far as settings;
Ohms, you'll only adjust this by wrapping your own coils.
As a new vaper you may not get into this, it is normally for more advanced vapers.
However that isn't a requirement.
Even new users can do this, just requires research or someone to teach you how.
For a tank that uses stock coils (like the one that comes in the kit I posted in the first link) the wattage is printed on the coil so there isn't much guess work to do.
The print will provide you with a range and all you do is choose a wattage within that range.
Granted this is simply the recommended setting, you could go slightly outside of it if it provides you a better vape.

Just thoughts for you to consider......

That is a GREAT mod and tank for a beginner, OR an advanced user, so you can certainly grow into that one. Temp control is supposed to be close to a DNA mod in accuracy and reliability from what I am hearing. But SaltWife might prefer a single battery mod if she has small hands?

The DNA 75W VT75 Nano would be GREAT if so, and is within her budget. The Dreadfully Long Wait of ordering from Gearbest will get one for $63 right now, on flash sale. GREAT price on a FABULOUS little mod, with the best TC in the biz. I have the non-Nano, and it seems to be a very high quality build.
http://www.gearbest.com/temperature-control-mods/pp_415575.html

The TFV8 Mini in black and red would be a great tank for this mod too.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
But SaltWife might prefer a single battery mod if she has small hands?

VT75 Nano - 24 mm x 82 mm x 39mm
SMOK Alien - 30 mm x 85 mm x 44 mm

In no way am I trying to imply they are the same size however the increase in size to get the SMOK Alien using dual 18650 extending the battery life MAY outweigh the LITTLE increase.

I do NOT have a VT75 so I cannot compare in any way.
Since I don't own any DNA devices, this is the one I have been considering but have not purchased yet.

DonSteve

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Get an Ohm's Law Calculator app on your phone and calculate the resistance and wattage on your own.
You can also google for ohm/voltage tables for vaping in google to get an idea for the ranges you should be in.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sony VTC4 batteries for you. I've bought two from here & they both seem good batteries without any problems. IMR does wrap the batteries they sell. In their case this is a good thing and not done as deception. IMR wraps using a stronger grade wrapping material to ensure securely wrapped batteries. You're getting the genuine advertised battery, merely given extra precaution. They also send you a free sample of their wrapping material cut to battery size, as well as selling the material they use for your own re-wrapping purposes. :)

Falconeer

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
When I started vaping the advice I got as a starting point for settings was "Coil Ohms + 2"

What this means is, if you have a 1.8 Ohm Coil you set the Voltage on your Mod at 3.8 Volts; if a 1.6 Ohm Coil then you set 3.6 Volts. Its a simple rule which gives a good starting point and you can of course raise or lower your setting to suit yourself from that base point.

Vaping at lower power with higher strength juices may be a bit old hat now...but it's worked for me.

DonSteve

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Vaping at lower power with higher strength juices may be a bit old hat now...but it's worked for me.
Ditto.
For a novice (like me) it worked wonders.
Started at 18mg/ml with a 0.5ohm coil at 14-18W was Ok.
Then went to 12mg/ml
Now am doing 6mg/ml with 0.16ohm dual coils @ 46W.
Thinking of going even lower nic levels.

VU Sponsors