Become a Patron!

Single coil squonk RDA

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm looking to buy a single coil squonk RDA. I'm looking at the Hadeon/Entheon combo or the reload S or even the Hadaly. I just grabbed a Defiant Designs DS and have my Kali V2 on it, but I'm not sure I love that combo. I am looking for flavor with a dense vape, doesn't need to chuck clouds. What is everyone's opinion? I have the recurve and I don't really like it. It's very easy to oversquonk and I really don't get the best flavor from it.

Am I missing a good option? I'm looking to spend somewhere around what the $60 mark, but would spend more for something worth it.

I know this question has been asked, but i got to about page 40 and couldn't find much on the Hadaly (which is what i was leaning towards)

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm looking to buy a single coil squonk RDA. I'm looking at the Hadeon/Entheon combo or the reload S or even the Hadaly. I just grabbed a Defiant Designs DS and have my Kali V2 on it, but I'm not sure I love that combo. I am looking for flavor with a dense vape, doesn't need to chuck clouds. What is everyone's opinion? I have the recurve and I don't really like it. It's very easy to oversquonk and I really don't get the best flavor from it.

Am I missing a good option? I'm looking to spend somewhere around what the $60 mark, but would spend more for something worth it.

I know this question has been asked, but i got to about page 40 and couldn't find much on the Hadaly (which is what i was leaning towards)
I don't usually buy clones but while looking for a Hadaly I came upon this:

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't usually buy clones but while looking for a Hadaly I came upon this:
One of the things I did see in the threads I stumbled upon was that the SXK clone was not up to snuff. I think it was @JuicyLucy who said it and mentioned another one, but I can't find the thread again to see which one she said was good. It looks like they have the authentic in stock at Psyclone right now

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Lucy means the Shenray Hadaly. I got them on her recommendation and they're very good. I have about 4 or 5 of them but hardly use them. After using the Profile RDA for so long, I just make a total mess with the Hadaly as they are very easy to flood.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lucy means the Shenray Hadaly. I got them on her recommendation and they're very good. I have about 4 or 5 of them but hardly use them. After using the Profile RDA for so long, I just make a total mess with the Hadaly as they are very easy to flood.
That was my concern. I do not want that. I want to be able to squonk freely lol and that is one of my main problems with the recurve.

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
One of the things I did see in the threads I stumbled upon was that the SXK clone was not up to snuff. I think it was @JuicyLucy who said it and mentioned another one, but I can't find the thread again to see which one she said was good. It looks like they have the authentic in stock at Psyclone right now
Well I do not have the og to compare, but the sxk does look pretty good. I was not going to drop 70 or so bucks on a simple rda without trying one. With a 2.5 mm (28g x 3/ 36g) ss alien it has loads of flavor....

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Build a dead rabbit in single...you can flood the shit ouf it. On a DS..winner

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
I didn't like the flavor out of it. I'm not so concerned with the flooding as I am the flavor. I got the DS finally because you had recommended it. I have to grab the silver contacts.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Build a dead rabbit in single...you can flood the shit ouf it. On a DS..winner

I do like the Kali V2, maybe its just the build I have in there that I'm not a fan of. I've got a couple of kanthal framed staples in there and it's taking a bit to get them hot. I almost have to prime it by firing it for a second before I take my first puff

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I didn't like the flavor out of it. I'm not so concerned with the flooding as I am the flavor. I got the DS finally because you had recommended it. I have to grab the silver contacts.
I didn't see much of a difference in the silver kit vs the original. It does look better on my silver DS than the gold ones did though. But the performance difference was very minimal.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
All the RDAs I think are best for squonking have become impossible to find. Those are primarily the Asmodus C4 and the Elder Dragon. I also really like the Mjolnir and the Deathwish Imp, but haven't used either of them for squonking.

I have an Entheon clone and find it lackluster at best. The Shenray Typhoon is good. And I agree that the Shenray Hadaly is the Hadaly clone to go for, if that's what you want, but I'd bet a Hadaly is pretty easy to over-squonk.

You know that @wildgypsy70 swears by her Citadels, right? Maybe speak to her about those.

The Profile is hard to beat, though, and you can still get 'em.

Last thing, have you tried pulling those heavy coils out of the Kali and putting two 26ga round wire coils in there instead? I don't have a Kali yet, but it's on the way. I may be way off base with this suggestion, but I'm like you - I cannot stand that ramp-up time. It drives me crazy with the way I vape. When I hit a button, I want fire RIGHT NOW.

ETA: Yeah, I know I said THAT was the last thing, but I guess I lied.

The Dead Rabbit SQ has better flavor than the regular Dead Rabbit built in single-coil, imo, by a frickin mile. I use the SQ on my Luxotic MF and it's very good.

Last edited:

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dr was one of my favs..ds [HASH=2435]#1squonker[/HASH].
Nice to see you still around too.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Reload S is also an awesome single coil RDA.

They're impossible to find now, even clones, and the authentics are astronomically expensive, but the Vaponaute Le Supersonic is unbelievably good. I got a used one for 1/3 retail.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All the RDAs I think are best for squonking have become impossible to find. Those are primarily the Asmodus C4 and the Elder Dragon. I also really like the Mjolnir and the Deathwish Imp, but haven't used either of them for squonking.

I have an Entheon clone and find it lackluster at best. The Shenray Typhoon is good. And I agree that the Shenray Hadaly is the Hadaly clone to go for, if that's what you want, but I'd bet a Hadaly is pretty easy to over-squonk.

You know that @wildgypsy70 swears by her Citadels, right? Maybe speak to her about those.

Last thing, have you tried pulling those heavy coils out of the Kali and putting two 26ga round wire coils in there instead? I don't have a Kali yet, but it's on the way. I may be way off base with this suggestion, but I'm like you - I cannot stand that ramp-up time. It drives me crazy with the way I vape. When I hit a button, I want fire RIGHT NOW.

The Dead Rabbit SQ has better flavor than the regular Dead Rabbit built in single-coil, imo, by a frickin mile. I use the SQ on my Luxotic MF and it's very good.
I was thinking of making some fused claptons for it. I have never been a big fan of just round wire, but maybe I should give it a try. I will also look into the Citadel.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I’m a huge fan of the psyclone mod attys, I have all three of his squonk tops. You really can’t go wrong with any of them; if you like a loose mtl or restricted dl draw.

the elder dragon is a fantastic atty for a super price. The draw is a little more open than what psyclone puts out but it’s a little easier to build on. Quite honestly if the ED wasn’t a China product it would demand a much higher price than it does.

If it were me I would pick up both an ED and and the hadaly or the entheon with a hadeon cap(pretty sure they come together now). Between the two it’s much easier to oversquonk on the hadaly if that’s an issue or concern.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Yes, she does! Love the Citadel!!! And I do like the Hadaly and Entheon.....just like the Citadel more. But it can over-squonk.....:(

I also like the C4, Elder Dragon, and the Drop Solo.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have more Elder Dragons than anything else. Nothing's better IMO but the .Blank is pretty good and hard to over squonk. The Tauren Solo is one of my favorites but it doesn't squonk the way I'd like it to. I press and hold the bottle and just wonder what's going on. That bridged airflow blocks the view of what's happening with my liquid. It's vapes damned good though. The .Blank has a wierd draw but the flavor is also pretty good. The Elder Dragon gives me flavor that the others can't seem to match.

I like single coil RDAs that have a decent amount of airflow. The C4 and Recurve were a little too restrictive for me. The Entheon/Hadeon whatever was way too tight on airflow. I can't really enjoy those kinds. I like a bit of restriction but not too much.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have more Elder Dragons than anything else. Nothing's better IMO but the .Blank is pretty good and hard to over squonk. The Tauren Solo is one of my favorites but it doesn't squonk the way I'd like it to. I press and hold the bottle and just wonder what's going on. That bridged airflow blocks the view of what's happening with my liquid. It's vapes damned good though. The .Blank has a wierd draw but the flavor is also pretty good. The Elder Dragon gives me flavor that the others can't seem to match.
Does it almost feel “hollow?”
mentally that’s what I picture and why I’ve never gotten it.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The .Blanks draw? Yeah, it's strange. Hollow is a great word for describing it.
Hate that. One of Aeolus RDAs was like that if you used a small build. I hated that, so I kept a big chunky build in it, which leveled it out. Maybe try using a bigger mass coil in it?

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hate that. One of Aeolus RDAs was like that if you used a small build. I hated that, so I kept a big chunky build in it, which leveled it out. Maybe try using a bigger mass coil in it?
I decided to revisit the .Blank about a week ago and still using it. I forgot that it likes coils wrapped a certain way so I just bent my legs so it'd work. My build is 3x26/36 N80.
20210103_173536.jpg

They did a pretty good job of reducing the chamber. With the drip tip off, you can see there's not much extra free space. Lots of airflow though if it isn't cut down.. The airflow pattern not being direct might be what's throwing me off. I took some quick photos just now to try show how it looks inside with a coil & cotton.
20210108_195822.jpg
20210108_195837.jpg
20210108_195906.jpg

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am currently on the search for a flave rda, they are not easy to track down anymore. Stock of the clone and authentic seemed to have dried up.
Yeah, they got snagged up.

I'd bought two Flave Tanks when FT still had them, and got the RDA from a Member here.

I think they can be found, but not many out there..authentic are $$$$

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, they got snagged up.

I'd bought two Flave Tanks when FT still had them, and got the RDA from a Member here.

I think they can be found, but not many out there..authentic are $$$$
Yeah, I will find one sometime. I would rather find a clone, but would take an authentic if it isn't ridiculous. But until then...
the-search-continues.jpg

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
They were out of stock a few days ago. Thanks for the heads up!
FWIW, I had to do some jymnastic to order it..they dont like debit it seems, but Doris got me sorted.
I just love Doris...even before 2F was a thing we got on well and shared laughs. Some things have not changed. :)

Last edited:

Cthulhu Mjölnir single coil!!!! I use staggered fused clapton In it I find it better flavor wise over my dual coil asgard mini. Clouds, well you can't beat the mini. But it's up there with decent amount.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Black Friday kind of killed off most of the stock out there sadly. Did you check the Chinese sites as well?
Yes. Fasttech is out, wotofo doesn't seem to have them in stock either. I can wait or choose a different option.

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yes. Fasttech is out, wotofo doesn't seem to have them in stock either. I can wait or choose a different option.
I thought I still had one NIB, but I guess I sold both of them to my buddy a little while ago. I could have swore I had one more. I will dig through again when I get a few minutes.

edit- I guess I really don't have any more, wish I could have helped you out.

Last edited:

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I thought I still had one NIB, but I guess I sold both of them to my buddy a little while ago. I could have swore I had one more. I will dig through again when I get a few minutes.

edit- I guess I really don't have any more, wish I could have helped you out.
I appreciate it.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I decided to revisit the .Blank about a week ago and still using it. I forgot that it likes coils wrapped a certain way so I just bent my legs so it'd work. My build is 3x26/36 N80.
View attachment 176082

They did a pretty good job of reducing the chamber. With the drip tip off, you can see there's not much extra free space. Lots of airflow though if it isn't cut down.. The airflow pattern not being direct might be what's throwing me off. I took some quick photos just now to try show how it looks inside with a coil & cotton.
View attachment 176083
View attachment 176084
View attachment 176085
Does look good... damnit, now I’ll end up buying one to play with. Lol

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I think Wotofo was one of the last places to have the ED in stock. I've looked just now though some other sites via Google and can't find a single one.

My Kali came yesterday and I put just what I was talking about in it - dual 26 ga SS coils, 3.5mm, five wraps spaced, ohms at 0.23, absolutely stuffed with cotton. If I crank the air down to about 1/3 open and make sure that open spot is directed right at the coil, the vape on it is actually quite similar to the ED. Has great flavor and vapor as long as you keep the cotton good and wet.

Might be worth a try for ya. Single-core Claptons might improve it a little bit, but I'm not convinced of that. If you go to fused, then you're back into longer ramp-up time. You could also try dual staged coils, which I haven't done yet but think it might be interesting.

The Kali sure is easy to build. Kind of amazing, actually.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Me either...:(
I got 3 more of them from Wotofos site around Thanksgiving. They were in a 20% off section for US residents. They shipped from California. If you end up ordering from there, I suggest looking at their flush cutters. They're a bit chunky but some of the nicest I've ever used. They also have squonk caps for e liquid bottles and stuff like that. I also got a stainless Profile 22mm conversion cap.

Edit-Sorry. I didn't know they were out of stock there too now.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

You might want to look at the Flave 22 by AllianceTech, checks all your boxes - you might want to shave down the stock squonk pin, as it protrudes up from the deck just a hair to create a small well

Lots of good info above too. Sadly, I haven't bought anything new in a very, very long time so, keep that in mind :)

VU Sponsors