Become a Patron!

SMOK Beast King TFV12 Coils not taking in juice?

JORMUNGANDR

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey all got a concerning issue,

As the title says I have the SMOK Beast King TFV12 with V12-T12 Coils, I have also used V12-T8s as well as as Snowwolf mod.

My issue is when I'm using this Lemon Twist Iced Pink Punch (6MG/70VG-30PG) , the coil doesn't seem to be taking in the juice from its ports as I end up getting that burnt taste ontop of that massive leaking from the intake when I hit. This coil has only been used for 2 days and I replaced it two days prior.

I use it throughout the day inconsistently. What I did yesterday to troubleshoot the leaking, I took out the coil and pressed on the bottom connection gasket on the atomizer since the little metal prongs stick out a tad.

How ive been dealing with the coils not burning the juice is I just drip from the top as if it was an RDA.
Mind you I have used different coils to try and see and to not avail.

TL;DR, Does the juice matter on whether or not your coil performs normally or would there be an issue with the coil.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What wattage are you vaping at? If it's a higher wattage the wicking may not be able to keep up if chain vaping. As far as leaking I'm not sure.

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Well...unfortunately I have some experience with the TFV12 Cloud Beast King...
First...the coil heads have an issue with the negative lead of the coil located between the oring seal and the coil housing, pushing the oring seal out of place. This causes a sealing failure and the leaking/burnt hits. To remedy this, gently slide the oring down a bit, use a tiny screwdriver and bend the coil lead back against the coil housing and reposition the oring.
Second...to ensure the tank is completely sealed, check the top cap seal and verify that it is undamaged. If damaged, replace it.
Third and finally...I will share the ultimate solution to remedy all the faults involved with the Smok TFV12. Remove the tank from the mod. Ensure the tank is properly assembled. Place the tank in dominant hand. Use the other hand to grasp (firmly) the lid to you trash receptacle. Using the dominant hand, drop Smok TFV12 into the trash receptacle. Once completed, proceed to the nearest vape shop or preferred online vape product outlet and purchase a tank worth owning (any tank not branded Smok). Fill new tank with desired eliquid and vape profusely.

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/wts-wtt-aspex-performance-coils.434798/

JORMUNGANDR

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well...unfortunately I have some experience with the TFV12 Cloud Beast King...
First...the coil heads have an issue with the negative lead of the coil located between the oring seal and the coil housing, pushing the oring seal out of place. This causes a sealing failure and the leaking/burnt hits. To remedy this, gently slide the oring down a bit, use a tiny screwdriver and bend the coil lead back against the coil housing and reposition the oring.
Second...to ensure the tank is completely sealed, check the top cap seal and verify that it is undamaged. If damaged, replace it.
Third and finally...I will share the ultimate solution to remedy all the faults involved with the Smok TFV12. Remove the tank from the mod. Ensure the tank is properly assembled. Place the tank in dominant hand. Use the other hand to grasp (firmly) the lid to you trash receptacle. Using the dominant hand, drop Smok TFV12 into the trash receptacle. Once completed, proceed to the nearest vape shop or preferred online vape product outlet and purchase a tank worth owning (any tank not branded Smok). Fill new tank with desired eliquid and vape profusely.

I am liking the way you think! Will probably switch the next time I head in. I'm looking for a tank with a high wattage and that's why I chose SMOK but there are too many cons at this point. Wife has the same problem too so i'll see what they have. Thanks for the help!

JORMUNGANDR

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What wattage are you vaping at? If it's a higher wattage the wicking may not be able to keep up if chain vaping. As far as leaking I'm not sure.
I'm doing 130-140w of the rated 130-200w
Every other juice ive used wicks just fine but as soon as I tried the Lemon Twist brand it went fuck all.

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I am liking the way you think! Will probably switch the next time I head in. I'm looking for a tank with a high wattage and that's why I chose SMOK but there are too many cons at this point. Wife has the same problem too so i'll see what they have. Thanks for the help!
Please don't think I am bashing your vape gear. But I will tell you that a majority of the vaping community, even here at VU, detest Smok products and the company in general. Their spewage of substandard junk afflicted by lousy quality control and a nonexistent customer support system to help with their meaningless warranty policies deter serious vapers from buying their products.

JORMUNGANDR

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Please don't think I am bashing your vape gear. But I will tell you that a majority of the vaping community, even here at VU, detest Smok products and the company in general. Their spewage of substandard junk afflicted by lousy quality control and a nonexistent customer support system to help with their meaningless warranty policies deter serious vapers from buying their products.

Honestly at this point it makes sense why people hate their products

JORMUNGANDR

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I fixed the wicking problem. I poked a tiny hole in every cotton port and I am getting way better results. Its a shame that me being a consumer I have to MAKE a product work, still considering other choices but for then time being it works.

JSpring

Member For 3 Years
I fixed the wicking problem. I poked a tiny hole in every cotton port and I am getting way better results. Its a shame that me being a consumer I have to MAKE a product work, still considering other choices but for then time being it works.
As soon as I saw this post, I was going to throw that solution out there. I am glad you thought of it too! I have had to do that for some of my coils as well...

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

*LOL, nodding* Been reading the notes in my mind again? :D:p

VU Sponsors