VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
That makes no sense at all. Why IS there a pepper hanging from the rear-view? Someone worships pepper? :huh:

Andria
It is a Italian thing!

In Italy people may wear the cornicello - an amulet of good luck used for protection against the evil-eye curse. It consists of a twisted horn-shaped charm often made of gold, silver, bone, terracotta or red coral. Originally cornecelli resembled the twisted horn of an African eland, though over the years they have become stylized and less horn-like. A regionally popular amulet, they occur primarily in Italy and in America among descendents of Italian immigrants. According to someCalabrese traditions, the horn was once modeled after a chili pepper, due to its abundance in the region.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It is a Italian thing!

In Italy people may wear the cornicello - an amulet of good luck used for protection against the evil-eye curse. It consists of a twisted horn-shaped charm often made of gold, silver, bone, terracotta or red coral. Originally cornecelli resembled the twisted horn of an African eland, though over the years they have become stylized and less horn-like. A regionally popular amulet, they occur primarily in Italy and in America among descendents of Italian immigrants. According to someCalabrese traditions, the horn was once modeled after a chili pepper, due to its abundance in the region.

Hmm, guess that explains why I've never heard of it; not many of italian descent around here -- every kind of hispanic and asian you can shake a stick at, but not italian! :D But now I have to ask... someone's actually afraid of the "evil eye"? In 2016? :eek:

Andria

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It is a Italian thing!

I can not cook without a jar of Calabrian peppers in the house.

DoctorJ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Hell, if my teacher had a figure like that one back in the day, I would have paid more attention! :D

Here's a figure for ya...
wednesday 067.jpg

Got your attention yet? :wait:

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
I BOUGHT A HAIR DRYER RECENTLY & THE WARNING LABEL SAYS "DON'T USE WHILE BATHING". NO SHIT REALLY--WELL DUH!!!! WHAT DUMB IDIOT CAUSE THEM TO PUT THIS ON THE LABEL. (TRUE STORY)

13537735_10206372856469879_1971727337074558748_n.jpg

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I BOUGHT A HAIR DRYER RECENTLY & THE WARNING LABEL SAYS "DON'T USE WHILE BATHING". NO SHIT REALLY--WELL DUH!!!! WHAT DUMB IDIOT CAUSE THEM TO PUT THIS ON THE LABEL. (TRUE STORY)
The same idiot that resulted in it having a GFI built right into the plug, when I bet the outlet in your bathroom is also GFI protected. :rolleyes:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And back then, the ones that WERE that freaking stupid, got dead of their stupidity, so they couldn't breed and spread it! Darwin is rolling in his grave at all these fucking warnings! It totally defeats "survival of the fittest"!!

Well.. maybe not TOTALLY... there's always gonna be some brain trust who doesn't even bother reading the labels.

Andria

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well there's obviously something wrong with tapatalk since every time I scroll past this thread I see an image of Obama with 1 finger near his eye and another one up his ass.

VU Sponsors