Become a Patron!

SMOKIE'S DAILY PIC OF THE DAY

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
tumblr_o6utu4Bobl1rfd74uo1_500.jpg

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It really SUCKS when Fucking vapingunderground.com covers up the text. You should Really fix that. It fucks up the impact of the picture.

Totally, completely, absolutely agree with this. And hey, you admin type people -- you KNOW this is going to happen to pics you post -- you can't give it a 50px bottom border, so we can actually READ what the text on the pic says????? I do that with every img I post here, why can't you admin types do that????

Andria

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
No kidding. We just got back from the store; past 6pm, 95 degrees. Feels like walking into a fucking blast furnace.

Andria

It's going to be a hundred and fucking five degrees down here in Central Florida today! :gaah::cuss2::tantrum:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
tumblr_mw2sq1rTa61r7aln3o1_500_zps1i8qiu2e.jpg

Photo bucket has a free service that creates your own URL for your photo's not imprinted with our logo

I have my own website I can use if i want to go that route; usually I just give images a 50px bottom border that matches the forum background -- it's the guy running Smokie's Pic of the Day who needs to be taking those steps, to make sure that text isn't obliterated by VU's logo. He's admin, he should realize that's going to happen, and take steps to make sure it doesn't.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It's going to be a hundred and fucking five degrees down here in Central Florida today! :gaah::cuss2::tantrum:

Eegad. Hope your AC works well!! :D Looks like 94 will be our peak today, that's fucking bad enough!

Andria

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have my own website I can use if i want to go that route; usually I just give images a 50px bottom border that matches the forum background -- it's the guy running Smokie's Pic of the Day who needs to be taking those steps, to make sure that text isn't obliterated by VU's logo. He's admin, he should realize that's going to happen, and take steps to make sure it doesn't.

Andria
giggle_zpsppplvwtq.gif

OldBat

Member For 3 Years
Yes, the water mark is occasionally annoying. Not only covering captions, but sometimes want to send a picture to someone who does not know I vape:rolleyes: or follow vaping forums.

Simple solution is to use Tineye (tineye.com) to find an unmarked version. Bonus: you can often find a larger or higher resolution at the same time!

Burnie

VU Donator
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Andria
You do realize Andria that the leaders and moderators here are really no better than ECF, they really DON'T listen to what you are saying, if they did they would fix the problem. It's a real simple fix also, DON'T WATERMARK THE PICTURES, problem solved. Which why do they watermark pictures they don't own anyway?. JMHO

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
You do realize Andria that the leaders and moderators here are really no better than ECF, they really DON'T listen to what you are saying, if they did they would fix the problem. It's a real simple fix also, DON'T WATERMARK THE PICTURES, problem solved. Which why do they watermark pictures they don't own anyway?. JMHO
Anytime ANYONE posts a picture through an UPLOAD, it will have a watermark on it. Pics posted become property of, so yeah, there's a watermark. Sometimes the watermark is big, sometimes the watermark is small. When I upload a pic, I don't stamp it with one, it's part of uploading a pic. We don't control what size they are.

Really, a watermark is causing this much of a fuss? I'd LOVE to see how you go at the FDA for all the serious matters going on there, WOW! They must be scared.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years

Hey Burnie let me correct you, the moderators do not have powers to change the forum program settings but they do a excellent job of controlling this forum. And to compare us to ECF, really! You have so much more freedom here. You complain about watermarks, and yes we have pics that are just finds members post, but the watermark is to protect the pics that are originals members post of there gear or create.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
To be honest, not to freaking fond of the watermark myself.

Especially when I post a MEME and it covers up some of the words.

But it is what it is and I will not be loosing any sleep over it!

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I got watermarks on my shorts

Only Watermarks?

Kinda reminds me of an old joke.

A guy walks into his doctors office.

The Doc tells him he needs a Piss, Stool and Sperm sample.

The Guy asks the Doc......................

"Can't I just leave my underwear with you?:finger:

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Hey Burnie let me correct you, the moderators do not have powers to change the forum program settings but they do a excellent job of controlling this forum. And to compare us to ECF, really! You have so much more freedom here. You complain about watermarks, and yes we have pics that are just finds members post, but the watermark is to protect the pics that are originals members post of there gear or create.
You said it good bud. I personally look forward to coming to your neck of the woods and seeing what is posted daily. As for watermarks, the pics I really find hilarious or interesting, I just save to my phone to show my friends or wife. Like the "Breaking News" one. That was great. Keep up the good work @SMOKIE. I dig it my friend.

I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer