Become a Patron!

Smooth Ejuice or recipe recommendation

scjulian19

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It seems the ejuice I have been using from Red Star Vapor has caused me a burning on the tongue and mouth. I've developed such a sensitivity that all ejuices I get from RSV seem to cause this for me. Does anyone have any suggestions for smooth nicotine delivery in a ejuice or recipe?

Thanks

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Some questions before anyone can help you:

What is the PG/VG ratio in the juices you are using? Maybe you have developed a sensitivity to PG or VG.
What is the nicotine level you are using?
Do other vendor's juices affect you the same way?
Do you have any DIY supplies? PG, VG, flavors, nicotine base?
What equipment are you using, tank, RDA, mod, wattage or temperature etc?
Anything else change when this sensitivity started?

As far as recipes there are hundreds over in the DIY recipe forum.

scjulian19

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Some questions before anyone can help you:

What is the PG/VG ratio in the juices you are using? Maybe you have developed a sensitivity to PG or VG.
What is the nicotine level you are using?
Do other vendor's juices affect you the same way?
Do you have any DIY supplies? PG, VG, flavors, nicotine base?
What equipment are you using, tank, RDA, mod, wattage or temperature etc?
Anything else change when this sensitivity started?

As far as recipes there are hundreds over in the DIY recipe forum.

I use 20/80 PG/VG
6mg Nicotine
No other vendor juices have had this effect
I do have DIY supplies
I use a Lemo 2 on a K box at 33W 3 mm coil at .75 Ohms ( I also use a Griffin same specs)
I first started noticing it when the Wyatt Earp juice I bought from Red Star became darker and stronger probably due to steeping. I then tried several of their other juices which were even worse for my issue. I went back to the Wyatt Earp which seemed much smoother before it sits for a few days. Unfortunately the problem gradually became worse. I bought some other pre bottled juice at the vape store and it doesn't seem to cause the burning. (It is 70VG)

I know and have read all the DIY recipes I was wondering if anyone knew of any that were particularly smooth?

Thanks for any help

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It seems the ejuice I have been using from Red Star Vapor has caused me a burning on the tongue and mouth. I've developed such a sensitivity that all ejuices I get from RSV seem to cause this for me. Does anyone have any suggestions for smooth nicotine delivery in a ejuice or recipe?

Thanks

Sounds like it may be the NIC they use, considering other vendors juice doesn't have that effect.
It could also be the PG/VG they use, but not as likely.

Most of the recipes around here are smooth.
But, it will depend mostly on the brand of NIC used, and not so much the flavors.
And you can also adjust the NIC down lower if needed with DIY juice recipes.

scjulian19

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sounds like it may be the NIC they use, considering other vendors juice doesn't have that effect.
It could also be the PG/VG they use, but not as likely.

Most of the recipes around here are smooth.
But, it will depend mostly on the brand of NIC used, and not so much the flavors.
And you can also adjust the NIC down lower if needed with DIY juice recipes.

Thanks, I kind of thought the same. Just ordered some of the premium nic from vaportek. Many seem to think it is smooth in terms of nicotine

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks, I kind of thought the same. Just ordered some of the premium nic from vaportek. Many seem to think it is smooth in terms of nicotine

One of the better ones for sure IMO.
Keep in mind if you get VG/NIC it takes a bit more work than PG/NIC in getting it mixed up good before using.
Also prefer ordering NIC in the Winter as it doesn't get exposed to the extreme heat we've been having lately.
But when your out, or starting out, not much choice in the matter.

BTW welcome to VU...

scjulian19

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Update: Well I received my vapor tek nic and tried a vanilla nut cookie recipe I found out here. Id like to credit but haven't been able to find it again. Anyway the recipe taste good and no mouth irritation. Im thinking there must have been something in the red star vapor nicotine that wasn't working for me. Anxious to try some more recipes now. Thanks everyone for your help

VU Sponsors