Become a Patron!

So, what does your Customs-Home Land Security Package look like?

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Got a first today. Very lightweight package from China. It's the 2 sets of 2 coils (4) for the contest I won. AND they had me sign certified mail for it. But the text to sign came in TODAY. Now the FDA has my name and address??? Sadly, I don't have the Eagle Top Air Flow tank from @GEEKVAPE to try them. I'll have to hold on to them. (Sorry for the pics. Upload is wonky tonight.)x20-8.30.16 Customs Check 1.5.jpg x20-8.30.16 Customs Check 1.5.jpg xsmall8.30.16 Customs Check 1.jpg x20-8.30.16 Customs Check 1.5.jpg 50-Customs Eagle_Tank_Replacement_Coils x2.jpg xsmall8.30.16 Customs Check 1.jpg xsmall8.30.16 Customs Check 1.jpg

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Got a first today. Very lightweight package from China. It's the 2 sets of 2 coils (4) for the contest I won. AND they had me sign certified mail for it. But the text to sign came in TODAY. Now the FDA has my name and address???Sadly, I don't have the Eagle Top Air Flow tank to try them. I'll have to hold on to them. (Sorry for the pics. Upload is wonky tonight.)View attachment 60394 View attachment 60394 View attachment 60392 View attachment 60394 View attachment 60395 View attachment 60392 View attachment 60392

Thanks for sharing - I kind of feel sick to my stomach after seeing that though :(

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Got a first today. Very lightweight package from China. It's the 2 sets of 2 coils (4) for the contest I won. AND they had me sign certified mail for it. But the text to sign came in TODAY. Now the FDA has my name and address??? Sadly, I don't have the Eagle Top Air Flow tank from @GEEKVAPE to try them. I'll have to hold on to them. (Sorry for the pics. Upload is wonky tonight.)View attachment 60394 View attachment 60394 View attachment 60392 View attachment 60394 View attachment 60395 View attachment 60392 View attachment 60392

What vendor did that come from? Did they take anything BTW?

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
It was GeekVape. It was the 2 sets of 2 coils (4) that I won in the contest! Package was only a few ounces. Yeah, has me nervous. No. They didn't take anything. Receipt is only for the prebuilt decks.

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
most likely do to the low weight it was checked for the usual aka powder (anthrax or other) also the vendor may have forgotten to send it proper forms most likely you may one day receive a tax bill for the value of the received items but that is rare

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If only they used as much scrutiny when checking visa overstays and refugees. Maybe the fda should be in charge of homeland security, give them something useful to do and leave our vape shit alone. lmao

lordmage

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If only they used as much scrutiny when checking visa overstays and refugees. Maybe the fda should be in charge of homeland security, give them something useful to do and leave our vape shit alone. lmao
if they did that they would simply make it so confusing even natural born's would be illegal citizen's

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
if they did that they would simply make it so confusing even natural born's would be illegal citizen's
Sad but likely true. Idk, anything to give them something worthwhile to do besides rummaging through vapemail of all things. Seems they have far too much time on their hands. Maybe we should reintroduce them to tiddlywinks or something.

lordmage

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I got it maybe they could work at the IRS :D

scalewiz

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Which brings up another question...is there any shipping method (yeah, it would have to cost a LOT more) that would bypass this government intrusion?

Canadian Vaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Vaping on those fused claptons right now ^__^, Great tank so far :)

Sucks about the FDA bullplop :( make a sign and go out and protest :)

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Nah, the FDA would have much more elegant solutions. My parent's cam from Ireland. Since my parents were born in Ireland, that means I was born in Ireland. My wife's parents were born in Germany. Since her parents were born in Germany, that means she was born in Germany. So, since I was now deemed to have been born in Ireland and my wife was deemed to have been born in Germany, that means our children are to be cut in half, with one of each half being deported to each of those countries. See how simple the deeming regs are?

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I'm thinking it went through a scanner and because of the metal parts, they chose mine at random.

OH! I DIDN'T TELL YOU.....THEY MADE ME SIGN FOR THE PACKAGE - REGISTERED MAIL!!! CHINA DOESN'T DO THAT...NOT FOR COILS!!!

And NO, I didn't look to see the name on the form . :headbang:

Canadian Vaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
.THEY MADE ME SIGN FOR THE PACKAGE - REGISTERED MAIL!!! CHINA DOESN'T DO THAT
Have been doing it in Canada for Registered mail since forever... Quite annoying actually... If nobody is home I have to go to a local postal outlet...

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Vaping on those fused claptons right now ^__^, Great tank so far :)

Sucks about the FDA bullplop :( make a sign and go out and protest :)

Got word that I AM in fact getting the Eagle tank. Hope it's v2 with the top and bottom airflow. Which one do you have, A?

I ordered the Fused Clapton and Juggernauts. Jugs looked really cool. But after think about it I should have ordered Alien or another set of Claptons. Hold more juice. Check 'em out.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Which brings up another question...is there any shipping method (yeah, it would have to cost a LOT more) that would bypass this government intrusion?

I think they're checking everything coming from China. Can you imagine how much hardware from vapers is ordered from there? Not to mention all of the stuff on eBay and other online resellers that make you wait. Bazillions of packages! I can't help but if they have customs inspectors stationed at UPS, USPS, FedEx, DHL, Amazon and other US vendors that sell "specialty" items such as pg/vg/nic/lab equipment, amber bottles, etc..

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
If all vapers would order one single drip tip per day from China, maybe it would give our thieving government something to do.

Scale, I think you could be on to something. It would need to be a joint effort, gulp, with other forums as well. We need the masses to accomplish this. There is no hurry at this point. We'll have to converge on them all at one time, one forum one day, next forum a week or 2 weeks later, etc. Yeah, we'll have to spend a few buck, $1.50 - $4.00 per drip tip, depending on your style. Get something you'll use - or send it to me...I'm a drip tip hoarder...lol! That will surely get their goat.

If anyone has anything to add, pllllease, chime in!

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm pretty sure they'll be targeting wholesale shipments rather than individual FastTech, et. al. orders. That's not to say that your package might not also fall into being the unlucky random selectee, but they can't possibly check ALL packages.

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
FWIW, I'm receiving a china vendor contest win tomorrow that is a signature required delivery.
All international packages enter through a customs clearing center, so it might have been a random check or something stuck out about it. I've had it happen before.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
While reading the following link;
http://www.heavengifts.com/SMOK-Minos-M2-Deck.html
I noticed the following notation;
For all products by SMOK, Vaporesso and KIMSUN, factories require them to do formal export clearance at Chinese Customs for tax refund. Prices for related products have already deducted the would-be tax refund. Thus for related orders not sent to Chinese Customs for formal clearance, we will have to charge you extra XX percent product cost separately. Thanks for your attention and kindly understanding!

anen

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
LOL..... We are all illegals indeed. Hehehe. Illegally on THEIR land. Fuckin criminals and terrorists as well. 5 years ago I was laughing at the people that were talking about "conspiracy theories" and "government agendas".... Lately I've been thinking how stupid and naive I was.
Eventually everyone will be processed and tagged , no worries. Biggest and strongest Nation went down silently, first time in a history. No balls, no glory, winner makes the rules.

anen

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Let's not forget to pay the tax to them please. Lol

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Got a fasttech order today, no problems and not been opened/inspected, and had another delivered Monday same thing, not touched by customs.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
without the top airflow, still good, wish it had a 510 adapter that the top airflow version seems to have.. Miss my dotmod :(

I've been asking around about a universal chuff to 510. I guess they're proprietary. Someone should manufacture these for different 'standard' sizes. That would go over big. I just let go of a DotMod RDA 1:1 that looks amazing.

Hmmm, I may check into the cost of a v2 and sell my v1. That 510 is definitely a plus for me. I'll let you know if I stumble on a great deal.

VU Sponsors