Become a Patron!

Sobucky Super Aromas

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Juicy Cherries ?
Mixed at 3% 80/20 PG VG 12 mg
The cherry tastes very close to Wisnia Koncentrat.
The juicy note is definitely in this one. The exhale is very pleasant. Mouthwatering and very light.

I let my wife try it (she’s gung ho with only cinnamon bun flavorings) Lol Her eyes lit up and said, ohhh this is nice.

Looks like we’re going to have lots of fun with these.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Cactus ?
Mixed at 2% 80/20 PG VG 12mg

Its been years since I’ve vaped this flavor. Had a 10ml bottle of Inawera when it was 1st released. Tastes pretty much the same but maybe a lil more earthy. Still tastes like a delicious prickly pear.

When I close my eyes and take a hit. I’m in the desert walking with Jim Morrison singing songs.?

SessionDrummer

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Thanks out to @wllmc from @BullCityFlavors for sending these out for testing. Not a lot of information out there on these, so decided to start LOW with these.

All mixed at the percentages listed, @ 3mg, 70v/30p, tested on a SteamCrave RDTA v.1, with dual vertical, 7 wrap, 24ga. Kanthal coils, with fresh cotton and dry burned coils in between tests. Steeped for 1+ week.

**Apple Strudel (SSA) 1.5% (9-18-20)** -- Sugar, and Spice, and everything Nice is what this one had. As far as the strudel portion, your take on a strudel will dictate what you think about it's inclusion here. I got a solid bakery from this one, that paired perfectly with the sweet and full, slightly spiced apple. The apple(s) were of the "filing" type, and similar to FLV's Apple Filling, but with less spice. There were some spice notes, but very low in the mix, and in no way obtrusive. At 1.5% it was very even, full, and satisfying with little to no concern of over or under flavoring. The bakery element did waver to and from a strudel-ish note, but was so evenly paired with the apple it was hard to nit pick it.
Sweetness was right about mid level, and expected in a desert type flavor. Pretty good one here, with not much to take off for. If anything might need to be boosted, it might be the strudel, but that would be a toss up. For a very natural tasting (not artificial) Apple Strudel that is mid sweet, and quite full at lower percentages, this one can get it done for you. Far better than most of the "Apple Pies" out there.
**9.2/10**.

**Compote Cherry (SSA) .75% (9-19-20)** -- Let's admit it, cherries are the DEVIL of DIY IMO. I have had, and been let down by MORE cherries than I can remember. We've all had them, the medicinal, soapy, perfumey, and just plain baddies. Is there reluctance every time I try one ?? Ummm, YES. Sniff tested all of these while trying to decide on the strengths to test as, as there was LITTLE to no info on them. Settled on 0.75% for this one, and ............ (suspense) ........................ it worked out GREAT. NO of the aforementioned cherry issues were found here today. Whew, what a relief. At this testing weight, it was very full, BUT, with none of the ceiling hitting side effects, so I'm going to go with a 0.50-0.75% rec. on this one. As it stood, a very unique cherry, which just means, it tastes like none of the other ones I've tried, and the "compote" may be partially to blame for that. A compote is where whole fruit is cooked down in sugar/water, unlike a jam wherein the fruit is typically cut up. They DO taste different, and am trying to decide if the uniqueness of this one is the compote. The cherry was very broad spectrum, and didn't reside in just one specific cherry, but I think the overwhelming profile leaned towards maraschino, but it's more than just that. Didn't really pick up on a black cherry, but let's just leave it at a full bodied mara for now. There was this little peppy BURST that I got on every finish on this one, that was very interesting. Almost like a sharp little Fuji Apple kicker on the tail end, but I don't want to pigeon hole it to that specific, but it's LIKE that. Sweetness was a click or two above mid level (duh, compote), and it did not appear too high, for the flavor. The overall profile was exactly as it was named, with no change throughout the tank. Having been wacked (possible over flavoring on my part) by many cherries before, this one was a welcome relief on my quest FOR the cherry. I'm QUITE sure, if this one was overflavored there COULD be some issues, so GO LOW, and I suggest a 0.50-0.75% starting point. It might not carry ALL of your cherry weight in mixes, but it damn sure could, and I think I'm going to let @alfredpudding know about this, as his Cherry Bomb was utterly brilliant, and insanely good. What an impressive Cherry this was to try, and if you've been hurt by cherries before, you def. want to add this one to your list. Something feels unholy in giving a cherry a 10 out of 10, so for religious reasons, I will cap this off @ **9.9/10**.

**Dessert Chocolate (SSA) 0.85% (9-16-20)** -- FIRST ONE on deck, and I chose a DARK ONE at that. Don't be AFRAID, just because something's dark, hehe, but you might change your cotton more often, depending on the flavor. Upon FIRST vape, I KNEW this was a KNOCK OUT flavor. Chocolates are hard to get right, whether it's Band Aids in Milk Chocolates, or Dark and Bitter/Dry in Dark Chocolates. This one had NO off-putting notes whatsoever. I can't think of a direct comparison, but at first FLV's Red Velvet came to mind, as it had some very good almost cake elements to it. No Band Aid, no dryness, no bitterness. At this testing weight, it was very nice, rich, and full. It could even be used lower if needed, so we are talking Ultra concentrates at this level and lower. Tested this at 65 watts, with no scorching or burning that I could detect, which was another plus. The chocolate leaned darker, but wasn't a full "Dark" chocolate, and the cakey-ness could not be denied, and it really pulled it into a desert type flavor. You could almost solo vape this IMO, because of the great pairing of the choco and cake. The cake notes (or whatever you deem them to be) really pulled this into a unique category all it's own, much like Wonder Flavor's Smores Cupcake did. All in, this first one, was far better than I expected, AND, at a very low mixing rate. Because of the added richness (cakey-ness) I could DEF. see this in quite a few desert, smores, etc. recipes. While not a "pure" chocolate per se, it's damned good, and should be on your "must try" list, if you are new to SSA flavors. **9.9/10**.

**Raspberry Syrup (SSA) 1.0% (9-17-20)** -- As sometimes happens, the moment you start a new flavor, you get an impression, that you can't shake throughout the entire test, and it happened again. First thoughts were INW Raspberry Malina meets MF Wild Raspberry. Let's start out with what this one wasn't. I didn't get a huge "syrup"-ness from this one, BUT, that's about the ONLY bad thing I COULD find with it. At 1% it was nice and full, and probably COULD be run lower, but in no way was it hitting the ceiling @ 1%. Super damned delicious, with about ZERO of the issues that I've had with most other RB's. It centered around a mid and somewhat dark raspberry, with surprisingly low sweetness (hence the "where's the syrup"). It had a really nice tart-ish finish that really drove an already GREAT raspberry flavor, all the way home. Tasted very natural with zero off-putting notes or characteristics, and almost seemed to have a smidge of seeds in there. Currently (but not with MF's Wild Rasp) I have to combine multiple players to get a great RB, but this one, can really hold it's own, and leave you wanting more. Second one from SSA that I've tested, and thus far, VERY impressive. If you have tried MF Wild Rasp, and INW Malina, then invision the two of them combined, and that will get you very in the ballpark of this one. Despite being named a "syrup", the lower than expected sweetness would allow far greater uses of this one, and you could spike the sweet up if needed. I hate to say it so early in the testing here, but this one also, could/should be on your must try list from SSA. Very clean, accurate, and natural tasting Raspberry, that encompassed almost everything you'd want FROM a Raspberry. **10/10**.

**Shortbread Cookie (SSA) 2% (9-18-20)** -- Oh Nooo, another cookie ?? Think again. That's what I thought going into this one, "Do we need another cookie" ?? Well, after trying this one, I think we DO. This review directly followed my review of SSA's Raspberry Syrup, and I immediately wanted to mix the two of these. At 2%, this one was right on track, rich, full, buttery, and somehow, really captured the Shortbread aspect(s). Not sure how they did it, but it is clearly NOT a cookie, or biscuit, but lands smack, dab, in the middle of Shortbread city. One could say it is "similar" to Jungle Flavor's biscuit, which presented almost as a pairing of INW Bicuit, and FA's Cookie, but this one is much more than that. SSA apparently spent some time really nailing the shortbread aspect of this, and it shows. You almost get a grainy bakery in this one, coupled with some buttery goodness. Not topped out at 2%, and it felt great at this weight. Sweetness was almost mid level, with no real take-offs. Surely it could be push/pulled if needed, depending on your American vs. European bakery needs, but you might just find after testing it, that you wont. All in, this is an outstanding, and perhaps the best shortbread cookie (type) that I have tested. Didn't really pick up any vanilla per se, and not 100% sure if I'm getting a smidge of almond or not, but possibly so. If you're in the market for a great shortbread cookie, and/or love your bakeries, you'll have to add this one to your list as well. Sorry guys, I'm trying to go critical on these flavors, but after 3 in, I'm having a hard time finding any faults thus far. I kept teetering on a rating, because you just can't rate everything at the top, but I emptied an entire tester tank on this one as well, and was left with no negatives. A great bakery shortbread cookie here, with butter elements that just can't be denied. **10/10**.

Last edited:

SessionDrummer

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Crisp Waffle (SSA) 1.0% (9-19-20) – When smelling in the bottle, this reminded me of the original INW Waffle YC. Having never solo’d that one, I could not directly compare the two. Vaping this one, revealed a very rich, and full waffle, BUT, with no distinct butter or maple syrup, which was GREAT. That way you could use it in far more recipes, but alter with B and MS if/as needed. Outstanding. I wasn’t sure where to test this one, and it’s POSSIBLE that 1.0% may have pushed it too far, but read on, and you decide. At the testing weight it did not feel like it was hitting the ceiling, but the “toasted” or “burnt” notes that I was getting, along with a peanut were emerging on the back end of the vape. Now that’s not to say that they got in the way OF the waffle in any way, shape, or form, they did not, but they were present. I will probably have to re-test this lower at maybe 0.50%, just to see. Even with the very small (not offensive, but present) alternate notes, this one WAS indeed a super delicious waffle. It had some dark, rich undertones, which may have been from the burnt/toasted element, but overall it did not taste burnt, like burnt toast, but merely had some of it, in the finish. Belgian, American, Wheat ?? Hard to say, but it leaned mid to darker, and away from a lighter, and not towards a wheat, so we’ll settle on a mid-dark waffle. Sweetness was just below mid level, and despite looking HARD for any butter or maple syrup, it was not to be found here. There was a certain richness/fullness that almost implied butter was in there, but you couldn’t pick it out. Even at 1.0% with some of the burnt/peanut push at the end, it never left focus on the waffle, so your tastes will dictate the effect of them, and/or if lowering the rate would reduce them further. All in, for a naked waffle, with some impressive almost bakery grainy-ness, this one’s got it. I will amend this review if I get time to test lower, and at this testing weight, it feels good at 8.5/10.

SessionDrummer

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ice Cream (SSA) 2.0% (9-20-20) – I had to finish TWO tester tanks on this one, to try and nail down what was going on here. First things first, probably the BEST Ice Cream flavor I have tried to date. Not vanilla, not chocolate, no pepper, no BA, none of the typical creamy aftertastes that most of the other players have, BUT (ain’t there always a BUT ?), it was fairly subdued. I smelled this one in the bottle, and knew I’d have to mix it higher, and I did. Even at 2.0%, it was still very laid back. You could say weaker, but it felt laid back. As it stood, a delicious sweet ice cream, with no offensive notes, no heavy creameries, and very neutral. Now, despite this being as great as it was, it would be easy to overpower this in a mix, so mixing wise, some caution would be need to be used. It reminded me of a Chic Fil A (for you US members) ice cream. Very natural tasting, sweetness was a tick above mid level, and had an absolutely clean finish. Because SSA has a Vanilla Ice Cream which I have not tested, am wondering if it was as good, but stronger, maybe a pairing of the two to solidify, and anchor the base might work. Minor take offs, but ONLY for it’s laid back nature, NOT the flavor profile. Two tank fulls, and haven’t found an off note yet. 8.0/10.

Irish Cream (SSA) 1.5% (9-20-20) – Having never vaped an Irish Cream, but had it in quite a few drinks before, I knew what I was in for. At 1.5% it felt fairly strong but not overpowering. I did not get any Whiskey from it, but I did get a fair amount of coffee, cream, some chocolate, and quite probably a vanilla cream in there. As a whole it was very good, and the coffee note remained throughout the vape. Almost a toffee coffee with some cream. Sweetness was lower than mid level, and despite having a cream element, it didn’t feel overly creamy. No bitter, or off-putting notes, and despite finishing the tank, I kept returning to my coffee with toffee and cream. It is very possible that IC’s may not fully be in my wheelhouse, but this was a good vape. Because the coffee element was present throughout the vape, it struck me as more of a coffee drink. All in, with the forward coffee element, feels good @ 7.0/10.

Mascarpone Cream (SSA) 1.5% (9-23-20) – Getting near the end of this trial run batch, and the Mascarpone Cream is on deck. Creams can be hard to SFT, as by themselves, they can be hard to taste sometimes, quantify other times, and their EFFECT cannot always be fully realized in SFT’s, but test we shall. First things first NO BA in this flavor. It presented as a very even keeled cream, with some sweet undertones. Undertones, because it tasted lower than mid level sweet, but it peaked at the end of the vape, interesting. The flavor itself was hard to quantify, and didn’t taste like a vanilla, but it was in that ballpark. Nice mouthfeel, and did impress as a cream. Maybe the best way to describe it was a fairly thick-ish, filling cream type flavor. Due to the nature OF SFT’s I cannot gauge it’s impact on other flavors, but I can see using this to fatten up mixes, round them out, and take off some sharp edges, without burying the mix. It’s light enough where I think that will work easily, without being a BA rich, heavy handed cream assault. While testing creams, milks, dairies isn’t the MOST exciting thing to do, most of us use creams in a lot of our mixes. For it’s non-heavy handed approach, and neutral flavor, I give it high marks because it will increase it’s usefulness on your rack. Not a milk, not a dairy, but a very good, semi-sweet filling cream. 9.25/10.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Anise ⭐
I started low on this. Balanced out at 1 drop per ml. Which is roughly 2.5% Most anise and licorice flavors fade like a mofo. This one does not. Very potent and a nice rounded sweetness to it. No off flavors. Just good ole Anise taste. ?

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
@Jimi D , NO COLD, and sounds like you and I are on the same page. :)

Because @wllmc was kind enough to send me those for testing, I haven't had time to go deeper into their lineup, but after tasting the ones I did, I think I'm going to HAVE to now. Have not tried the Cornish Cream yet.
Nice!

Oh Lawd !! I’m so looking forward to your Cornish Cream review.

SessionDrummer

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mocca Coffee (SSA) .75% (9-27-20) – Bet you guys thought I forgot about this one with all the things going on this week. Bad news, I DIDN’T !!! Finishing up this series on the Sobucky Super Aromas, this one WAS one of the darker ones (4th from the left in the pic), and even mixing it low @ 0.75%, it was fairly dark in the tester bottle. Now although I was getting an almost coffee-ish flavor fro their Irish Cream, THIS ONE, nails it down, and buries it. WOW, this one WAS that good. OK, for perspective, the hands down BEST coffee-ish mix I have ever tested has to go, hands down to The Italian Vaper at DIY Flavor Chaser with his Italian Cafe Gelato. Granted this one is but a single flavor, it was nearing the ballpark of the aforementioned, and THAT, is some rare air. This one was surprisingly rich, full, and delicious at this testing weight, and you could probably even reduce to 0.5% (ultra), and still have plenty of flavor. Smelling it was exactly like vaping it, and it was a velvety smooth, seemless roller coaster ride of a coffee, some caramel, and some chocolate. It was not bitter, and had no sharp edges, so there is a full on cream element in there, but it takes a backseat to the tripple punch coffee/caramel/mocha. Despite being as strong as it was at this weight, it was in no way hitting the ceiling, sweetness was mid level, and despite CHAIN vaping this one, I could not make it reveal anything that was unpleasant. The way the compounds were combined just really worked, and seamless just kept coming to mind. Mid to darker coffee, with no acidic tones, and tasted VERY authentic. If you are looking for a GREAT Mocca Coffee, that is spot on accurate, seamlessly melded, nicely sweet, that is authentic, this one NEEDS to be on your list. I’m going to recommend that our resident coffee guy @Rocky02852 take a look at this one, to see if he could use it. As it stands, for a single flavor, to present MORE complex and enjoyable than most coffee one shots, this is an impressive way to end the series. Hands down, no contest, 10/10.

That rounds out this series, and thanks again out to @wllmc for the opportunity to run these through the tank. If you want to pick some up, head over to @BullCityFlavors and get yours !!!!

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
@Jimi D Sadly I didn't pick up the Cornish, but after finishing this series, I think I'm going to HAVE to order some now.
I’ll have to grab some myself. I’ll probably get some Coconut and mix both. My Wife wants the Shortbread Cookie and mix with her favorite coil gunking Flavor Revolution Cinnamon Bun ?. As for now she’s vaping the SSA Apple Strudel. I’m not going to review that flavor, because you nailed it Bro!

SessionDrummer

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sobucky Series II.jpg

Well, shit, now I went and done it. @wllmc said, he was only giving me ONE MORE chance to get the Sobucky Super Aromas tests right, or he was going to backlist me !!!

Kidding, he was actually happy with the reviews, and wanted to know if I’d do some more, and DUH, SURE !!! Thanks William !!!

What WAS in that sample tube ?? Prototype, super secret flavor reveal ?? !!!

SessionDrummer

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, thanks out to @wllmc, going to be doing another Series with these really good, ultra flavors from Sobucky. Will be mixing shortly, thanks William.

Bubble Gum (SSA) 1%
Butterscotch (SSA) 1%
Creme Brulee (SSA) 1%
Guava (SSA) 1%
Ice Cream Vanilla (SSA) 1.5%
Jucy Cherries (SSA) 0.75%
Nectarines (SSA) 1%
Ripe Banana (SSA) 1%
Ripe Coconut 1%
Whipped Cream (SSA) 1.25%

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Well, thanks out to @wllmc, going to be doing another Series with these really good, ultra flavors from Sobucky. Will be mixing shortly, thanks William.

Bubble Gum (SSA) 1%
Butterscotch (SSA) 1%
Creme Brulee (SSA) 1%
Guava (SSA) 1%
Ice Cream Vanilla (SSA) 1.5%
Jucy Cherries (SSA) 0.75%
Nectarines (SSA) 1%
Ripe Banana (SSA) 1%
Ripe Coconut 1%
Whipped Cream (SSA) 1.25%
Can't save a damn dime...you're everywhere tempting me to give BCF my money!?

lexie3

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Just found out about this line of flavors..so of course i need to order now. Figure I would start with a handful as I know nothing about them. Can anyone give me an idea on which are a must have? How do they rank up to FA, MF etc, as far as quality, flavor, strength?

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I got a whole mess of these flavors but haven't tried many. The Grapefruit one was pretty good.

Their Natual Lemon is awesome but wickedly potent. It'll burry a recipe if you use too much. Test it at .25 - .5% .

Their Nectarine flavor smells soooo good. I'm not really tasting it though. I tried it 2% and then 3%. It's good but very thin or "top heavy". It's missing any form of deepness or for lack of a better word, pulp.

I really do need to get busy with these.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Their Natual Lemon is awesome but wickedly potent. It'll burry a recipe if you use too much. Test it at .25 - .5% .

Their Nectarine flavor smells soooo good. I'm not really tasting it though. I tried it 2% and then 3%. It's good but very thin or "top heavy". It's missing any form of deepness or for lack of a better word, pulp.

I really do need to get busy with these.
That's good to know, thanks.

newyork13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
There's no need to thank me for thanking you, LOL.
You did a really nice job.
I did place an order, partly based on your reviews.
So, I got Dessert Chocolate, Juicy Cherries, Mocha Coffee, Shortbread Cookie.
I've never mixed with a chocolate, though I have a couple of recipes to try.
Same with the Cherries.
I have tried a couple of coffee recipes which are ok, but not perfect. So, I'm looking forward to trying the mocha.
Now the cookie: I've got FA Cookie and Purilum cookie, and unless I use them very low, I get the nasty AP flavor. But, I've always been aware of it, and dumped more than one commercial juice because of it. We'll see.
Any thoughts beyond your nice reviews would be happily accepted.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
SSA Golden Apple is kind of like their Nectarine flavor. It smells really good. Sampling a drop on the back of my hand tastes amazing. It tastes like a very authentic apple. The variety slips my mind, think non-green apple though.

Here's what stinks. It doesn't taste nearly as good while vaping it. Maybe it'd taste a lot better at lower temperatures or something. I tested it at 45W and it's just not coming through all that well. Like I said, licking a drop is probably the most authentic apple flavoring I've ever tasted. It's just not the same vaping it though.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
SSA Golden Apple is kind of like their Nectarine flavor. It smells really good. Sampling a drop on the back of my hand tastes amazing. It tastes like a very authentic apple. The variety slips my mind, think non-green apple though.

Here's what stinks. It doesn't taste nearly as good while vaping it. Maybe it'd taste a lot better at lower temperatures or something. I tested it at 45W and it's just not coming through all that well. Like I said, licking a drop is probably the most authentic apple flavoring I've ever tasted. It's just not the same vaping it though.
Try lowering the percentages. I had the same problem with the Apple Strudel. They’re very strong.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Morrisville held my latest order hostage for nearly a week. Finally got a scan in Raleigh this morning. My Swedish snus order made it here faster. Got that in 4 days from Sweden Lol

newyork13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My SSA order should arrive tomorrow or Saturday, and my first mix will be the Mocha Coffee.
I read the @SessionDrummer review.
Just wondering if anyone has any more feedback on the flavoring.
Is it sweet/milky enough as an SFT?
I like my coffee sweet!

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I saw a post yesterday about it, I think it was at ELR. It seems some of these SSA flavors are highly concentrated and this one in particular should be tested very low, then work it up. I believe it was suggested no higher than .5 to start. If you get the Excel sheet that was put out on ELR, it makes increasing %s to the same mix much easier and accurate.

VU Sponsors