Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
34628632686_c5ba068ffb_o.jpg

These have got to be among the most ergonomic dual series squonkers

Those look very very pretty, I can only guess they would be very very expensive too. That might inspire me to do a little more poking about with some of this wood we get here. The crux of it is simply firewood. Do got some walnut which might not make it to the burning que. I did draft myself a walking stick/club out of it already, quite stout for material.

Must say Nitol. Need to assuredly get a full eight hours of sleep here on in. Been looking over some new research in regards to sleep. Funny enough, it has a lot more importance than first thought.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Those look very very pretty, I can only guess they would be very very expensive too. That might inspire me to do a little more poking about with some of this wood we get here. The crux of it is simply firewood. Do got some walnut which might not make it to the burning que. I did draft myself a walking stick/club out of it already, quite stout for material.

Must say Nitol. Need to assuredly get a full eight hours of sleep here on in. Been looking over some new research in regards to sleep. Funny enough, it has a lot more importance than first thought.
Yes, and no! Considering it is one of six, hand made, silver insides, MOSFET protected, I can appreciate the workmanship and finish. Yes, it was the most I've spent on a mod but I am glad I bought it. Definitely not my all day carry, that's what the chinese mods are for, but a mod to enjoy in the evening with a glass of your favorite beverage ( port, mead or late harvest muscat for me).

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That looks cool!
This has become my standard mech build
About 0.1 ohm. Drains a single tube faster than Rosanne Barr drains a golden corral
7527debe2a8c8387f0456eb83859ddeb.jpg

BAM crew
Very nice! What atty is that? I think you like quite a bit more air than I do!

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Very nice! What atty is that? I think you like quite a bit more air than I do!
It's the original recoil.
The original is 24mm and has 'flavor' cap with a little tighter airflow and a clouds cap which is quite loose (like my ex)
Normally I use the flavor cap.
Nice part is that the airflow angles down which makes it nice and smooth

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's the original recoil.
The original is 24mm and has 'flavor' cap with a little tighter airflow and a clouds cap which is quite loose (like my ex)
Normally I use the flavor cap.
Nice part is that the airflow angles down which makes it nice and smooth
Looks very nice! It is not "squonkified", is it?

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
No it's not.
The new version has a pin, I believe. It also has more airflow, unfortunately.
It looks like it wouldn't take much to convert it, but I prefer to use it as a dripper.

BAM crew

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So, what are the specs on these coils? I.D? Wire type? And how the hell you wick it?
Inquiring minds want to know!
emoji41.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
The bottom coil is 1.5 mm ID, the upper coils are 2.0 mm ID. @DogMan was right, I used 26g SS wire for the ones in the picture.
For one coil, in 28g SS 316L, 7/8 wraps on the bottom coil and 3 wraps each of the upper coils will get you at 0.8 ohms. The same build in 26g will get to 0.6 ohms.
2017-06-10 08.28.24.jpg
Tuck the wick tails under the coil

Pevinsghost

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I was hoping for a locking button. :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can get a snap in lock for the button 3D printed for a few dollars.

I saw someone print them for the noisy cricket, but it's not hard to throw the design together and order from shapeways yourself.

Wicked Gene

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The bottom coil is 1.5 mm ID, the upper coils are 2.0 mm ID. @DogMan was right, I used 26g SS wire for the ones in the picture.
For one coil, in 28g SS 316L, 7/8 wraps on the bottom coil and 3 wraps each of the upper coils will get you at 0.8 ohms. The same build in 26g will get to 0.6 ohms.
View attachment 93152
Tuck the wick tails under the coil

Thanks for the tutorial
Might have to try these

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Good news... I got a shipping notice from paypal this morning, that my order from "Dennis Cruz" (fatdaddy) has shipped. So I'm glad I didn't bother them when things are obviously troubled, from what everyone said.

My tracking from FT finally showed up on 17track, said it departed Beijing this morning for Miami -- has Miami somewhat recuperated from Irma? I know the Keys got it worse than Miami did, but I know at one point, Miami was basically "closed." Just wondering if they're starting to get back to anything like normal business.

Andria

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Good news... I got a shipping notice from paypal this morning, that my order from "Dennis Cruz" (fatdaddy) has shipped. So I'm glad I didn't bother them when things are obviously troubled, from what everyone said.

My tracking from FT finally showed up on 17track, said it departed Beijing this morning for Miami -- has Miami somewhat recuperated from Irma? I know the Keys got it worse than Miami did, but I know at one point, Miami was basically "closed." Just wondering if they're starting to get back to anything like normal business.

Andria

They've mostly started to recover and operations getting back in swing.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
They've mostly started to recover and operations getting back in swing.

That's good to hear. I know it's kind of a toss-up as to which is a worse entry point, the Flushing NY black hole or the Ooompa Loompa black hole... at least Oompa Loompa is a little closer to Atlanta. :D

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yes, and no! Considering it is one of six, hand made, silver insides, MOSFET protected, I can appreciate the workmanship and finish. Yes, it was the most I've spent on a mod but I am glad I bought it. Definitely not my all day carry, that's what the chinese mods are for, but a mod to enjoy in the evening with a glass of your favorite beverage ( port, mead or late harvest muscat for me).

Well, yeah ... I'll not knock craftsmanship and skill of an artisan. That does warrant a steeper cost to a customer for sure. I too would appreciate something made special for me that has near iron clad guarantee for being durable.

What I don't like is stuff made by say automated systems being priced so as to cost a testicle, and having no account for durability. Then you get left with a useless paperweight, regulated or mech. That strikes me as near a crime.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My build for it is thisView attachment 93138
At 0.4-ish ohms in a Nuppin (what else!?)

*Deep Germanic tone* Ah, berry berry iiiiinteresting ...

I might have to do some playing around. Between this & @The Cromwell building dual coil on the Narda, seems I'm lagging way behind on innovation. Well, guess I'll catch up. If y'all hear tell of a nuclear explosion later on, don't mind my clouds. ;) :)

hariboholmes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Anyone seen these they look quite good for $11 each even if the 510 needs replacing i've ordered a couple to play with as it seems like a solid design :)
7e984237289c21b743e37613fb8669ae.jpg
5e8170fd7fe2716947efc5f67ef293cd.jpg
53205f2e5c503fe5e53b40ffe1b5996a.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Anyone seen these they look quite good for $11 each even if the 510 needs replacing i've ordered a couple to play with as it seems like a solid design :)
7e984237289c21b743e37613fb8669ae.jpg
5e8170fd7fe2716947efc5f67ef293cd.jpg
53205f2e5c503fe5e53b40ffe1b5996a.jpg

I ordered a couple of these myself! I have a veritube 510 waiting for one of them, and I'm gonna order a modmaker 510 for the other if it's needed. For 11 bucks how wrong can it be?

Passafire

Member For 3 Years
I ordered a couple of these myself! I have a veritube 510 waiting for one of them, and I'm gonna order a modmaker 510 for the other if it's needed. For 11 bucks how wrong can it be?

I feel like someone could buy these up in bulk and swap out the 510 for MM and throw in a copper contact and make a killing selling them for around $50 a pop.

hariboholmes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I'm hoping the 510 will be a similar one to the PhantOhm clone I recently got as although the mod itself had door/button issues the 510 was really decent and very functional :)

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Has anyone tried the Pocket RDA yet single coil ,
That an there RTA both look interesting ,

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

No it's not.
The new version has a pin, I believe. It also has more airflow, unfortunately.
It looks like it wouldn't take much to convert it, but I prefer to use it as a dripper.

BAM crew
Easy conversion as the 510 screw hole is quite deep, pop out the center post and put a hole through it around the start of the T section. ;)

Sonar505

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Modder
Just want to share the latest squonkers I just finished making. And since all but 1 are custom requests (hence presold) the customers might not share some photos. So here they are.

CXB4dj0.jpg

bjUskIh.jpg

First 2 are 20700 mechanical squonkers. Dyed in a sunburst pattern and finished with poly. Both have flush mounted 510's and 10 ml bottles. with magnetic switch. and Copper plates.

yYPqkRY.jpg

mMzJNV7.jpg

Next is a Dual 18650 Variable Voltage Squonker. With custom inlay, Using a OKR-T/10 board it is Capable of 50 watts, 3.4 to 6 volts. With low battery protection, 8.5ml bottle.Finished with wax and oil

0V2zbE9.jpg

And finally the only one not presold!

A Dual 18650 Variable Voltage Squonker. Using a Raptor 60 watt board, 3.4 to 6 volts. With low battery protection, 8.5ml bottle. Finished with wax and oil. I cant decide if figure in wood reminds me of either Wind or Fire. What do you think?

y2W49yz.jpg

IF you have any interest in this one I will be posting in my thread in the CO-OP Section. Come on by and visit.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Just want to share the latest squonkers I just finished making. And since all but 1 are custom requests (hence presold) the customers might not share some photos. So here they are.

CXB4dj0.jpg

bjUskIh.jpg

First 2 are 20700 mechanical squonkers. Dyed in a sunburst pattern and finished with poly. Both have flush mounted 510's and 10 ml bottles. with magnetic switch. and Copper plates.

yYPqkRY.jpg

mMzJNV7.jpg

Next is a Dual 18650 Variable Voltage Squonker. With custom inlay, Using a OKR-T/10 board it is Capable of 50 watts, 3.4 to 6 volts. With low battery protection, 8.5ml bottle.Finished with wax and oil

0V2zbE9.jpg

A Dual 18650 Variable Voltage Squonker. Using a Raptor 60 watt board, 3.4 to 6 volts. With low battery protection, 8.5ml bottle. Finished with wax and oil. I cant decide if figure in wood reminds me of either Wind or Fire. What do you think?

y2W49yz.jpg

IF you have any interest in this one I will be posting in my thread in the CO-OP Section. Come on by and visit.
Gorgeous work bro!

BAM crew

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Heya Bonkz,
A great lazy day today, catching up here again... wanted to chime in about the Chinese Steam Rabbit clone, it's been a hot joke at that other place.
The clone is more than 10mm bigger both width and height, massive window.. not the same wabbit at all. Maybe 11 dollars well spent but definitely not gonna fool anyone with a Steam Rabbit bootleg business endeavor!
; ))
Cheers mates

IMG_4040.jpg IMG_4041.jpg

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

y2W49yz.jpg

I vote for wind; it looks like patterns in sand dunes.

Andria

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

CXB4dj0.jpg

bjUskIh.jpg

yYPqkRY.jpg

mMzJNV7.jpg

0V2zbE9.jpg

y2W49yz.jpg

Personally, I'm voting for wind.....you see, the fires in the hills of SoCal in Shadow Hills got to about 1 block from my house. I've had enough of that, thank goodness the wind didn't have at it too.
As always, beautiful work Sonar.

Sonar505

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Modder
Personally, I'm voting for wind.....you see, the fires in the hills of SoCal in Shadow Hills got to about 1 block from my house. I've had enough of that, thank goodness the wind didn't have at it too.
As always, beautiful work Sonar.

Thanks @BrewBear When I lived in San Diego I can't remember seeing any fires in the hills around there. But my brother who lives in Santa Clarita. Said it came way to close for his piece of mind the last time they had fires. But he is wimpier than me.

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have one. I like it. I do feel like the squonk itself (juice flow) is a bit restricted...but if you don't mind patiently holding the bottle and waiting a couple seconds...then the vape is really good. It IS big - I think it might look/feel funny on an itsy-bitsy box - but I have it on a Coppervape, and it's a good match!

3-coppervapes.jpg

Anyone tried the Pulse 24? Thinking about ordering it tomorrow

VU Sponsors