Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
well I broke down and bought that 510 connector for the flave 22 lol...(AllienceTech Texted and Emailed me a 5% discount for I had a few things in cart) and a Nick Ricotta Customs Beauty Ring/DT combo (Ultem)... Mod Dog Nano 22 Spare and Wrench as back up to my 67 Neo Mara w/Ultem Button.

fartbubble

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
well I broke down and bought that 510 connector for the flave 22 lol...(AllienceTech Texted and Emailed me a 5% discount for I had a few things in cart) and a Nick Ricotta Customs Beauty Ring/DT combo (Ultem)... Mod Dog Nano 22 Spare and Wrench as back up to my 67 Neo Mara w/Ultem Button.

Should have got the ultem cap to go with it for a full ultem package

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Should have got the ultem cap to go with it for a full ultem package

I thought about it...but I honestly like the Ti color of the Flave, plus the Black DT I am using on my Haku will be transferred to the Flave once everything arrives and it covers the adapter.

Then the Ultem NRC stuff goes on the Haku and Neo

fartbubble

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I thought about it...but I honestly like the Ti color of the Flave, plus the Black DT I am using on my Haku will be transferred to the Flave once everything arrives and it covers the adapter.

lol all worked out

I need to get colored stuff. I’ve got way too much black in my arsenal and the stiff people have been doing with acrylics have been outstanding lately

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Any of you stopped watching a TV series, then picked it back up 2 seasons later...go through 4 episodes of new program, then on the 5th episode go, "Mother Fuck! I saw this one"

I stopped watching TWD a few seasons ago, picked it back up on Netflix and it happened to me. Now I am like, "Fuck this shit, wasting time; wasting time watching TV" lol
My wife rewatches all the season's before the new one hits tv. I told her she should know the script front to back. Hell half of it is zombie noise.lol

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Uggh Now I am debating getting the Cap of my Haku Cerakoted lol. $25 and its done in an hour. Maybe when the Neo gets here I'll take a drive to the gun shop and see if they can color match it.

I just know I'll end up spending $700 though lol

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just ordered 2 Pico Squeeze's, extra bottles, and trap doors and other stuff including some Cotton Bacon.
Sure Hope I do not get addicted to the cotton bacon.....

I really enjoy using CB...I dropped in some of the Rayon I had since I bagged up some for Snake...already pulled it out after half a tank. Can just really taste like fiberglass, and yes I know what fiberglass tastes like, working in HVAC many years insulating duct work lol

I am also debating picking up another Pico Squeeze, haven't got the first one yet...but they are so dirt cheap right now and make for an awesome beater mod in the car ( Or at least I would think so )

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I really enjoy using CB...I dropped in some of the Rayon I had since I bagged up some for Snake...already pulled it out after half a tank. Can just really taste like fiberglass, and yes I know what fiberglass tastes like, working in HVAC many years insulating duct work lol

I am also debating picking up another Pico Squeeze, haven't got the first one yet...but they are so dirt cheap right now and make for an awesome beater mod in the car ( Or at least I would think so )
I already have been using salon coil cotton for over 2 years. Similar to cotton bacon. Just wanted to see if the bacon was really any better.

Yeah I hate the fiberglass itch.... Also worked some HVAC and construction. And getting ready to redo the inside of the outside walls in my home. Rewire, insulate well and drywall. And replace windows.

I have no desire for the Rayon wicking at all.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I already have been using salon coil cotton for over 2 years. Similar to cotton bacon. Just wanted to see if the bacon was really any better.

Yeah I hate the fiberglass itch.... Also worked some HVAC and construction. And getting ready to redo the inside of the outside walls in my home. Rewire, insulate well and drywall. And replace windows.

I have no desire for the Rayon wicking at all.

Funny, I get nothing but great flavor from rayon. Maybe my palate isn’t finely tuned enough to sense the fiberglass taste lol!

Speaking of tastes, I made a huge rookie mistake in my Haku excitement! I never washed it before installing a build. I don’t have an ultrasonic cleaner so that’s out. What do you guys use to get rid of machine oil? I’m soaking in vodka atm but I’m open to suggestions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Funny, I get nothing but great flavor from rayon. Maybe my palate isn’t finely tuned enough to sense the fiberglass taste lol!

Speaking of tastes, I made a huge rookie mistake in my Haku excitement! I never washed it before installing a build. I don’t have an ultrasonic cleaner so that’s out. What do you guys use to get rid of machine oil? I’m soaking in vodka atm but I’m open to suggestions.

I just rinse my new stuff well in 90% isopropyl and let dry well.
It de-greases better than vodka. Vodka is typically at least 50% water vs 10% for the 90% isopropyl.
PGA now should do as well as isopropyl.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Before building, I soak new atties in a bowl of mildly soap warm water, rinse, dry and vape

Zaxxaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I always wash new attys in a small bowl with hot water and a little Dawn dishwashing soap.Let them soak for a while,then scrub with a toothbrush and rinse.Dawn is the best for grease,and has no problem getting rid of machine oil either!

raineysky

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What do you guys use to get rid of machine oil?

My new YFTK Entheon with hadaly written on the side tasted just like machine oil. I had cleaned it the way Lucy suggested which is what I always do also. Cleaned it twice more and still had the machine oil taste.

As a last resort I kindly asked wifey – who thinks vaping is evil – to help a brother out. She microwaved some water, put the Entheon with hadaly written on the side in the bowl of hot water, and added a few drops of Dawn. That shit started boiling. Rinsed it, wicked it, and vaped it. No more machine oil taste :)

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
My new YFTK Entheon with halaly written on the side tasted just like machine oil. I had cleaned it the way Lucy suggested which is what I always do also. Cleaned it twice more and still had the machine oil taste.

As a last resort I kindly asked wifey – who thinks vaping is evil – to help a brother out. She microwaved some water, put the Entheon with hadaly written on the side in the bowl of hot water, and added a few drops of Dawn. That shit started boiling. Rinsed it, wicked it, and vaped it. No more machine oil taste :)

I always do the dishsoap thing for brand new stuff - use vodka for routine cleaning

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
EEEWW... lol

Ultrasonic here fully broke down for a few passes... before that...break it fully down and with an old toothbrush and a dash of dawn- warm water...rinse rinse rinse after.

To funny though and don't mind the ribbing...:sarcasm:

I get nothing but saturated rich machine oil flavor -JMoney426:teehee:

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
EEEWW... lol

Ultrasonic here fully broke down for a few passes... before that...break it fully down and with an old toothbrush and a dash of dawn- warm water...rinse rinse rinse after.

To funny though and don't mind the ribbing...:sarcasm:

I get nothing but saturated rich machine oil flavor -JMoney426:teehee:

Ha! If you can’t laugh at yourself you’re doing it all wrong lol. I kept coughing after a good hit and I couldn’t figure it out. Chalked it up to my throat not getting along with the FW Lemonade (first go around with this flavor). Randomly decided to wipe inside the top cap and !!

Speaking of, how are you getting on with your Haku? Any improvement in the flavor department?

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ha! If you can’t laugh at yourself you’re doing it all wrong lol. I kept coughing after a good hit and I couldn’t figure it out. Chalked it up to my throat not getting along with the FW Lemonade (first go around with this flavor). Randomly decided to wipe inside the top cap and !!

Speaking of, how are you getting on with your Haku? Any improvement in the flavor department?

Working perfect now after I found the perfect build for me...made some coils today for Snake to send Monday, also made a few sets for the Haku.

Settled in on a fused clapton at .29 its a tad better than the round wire build I was rolling with for a bit.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Working perfect now after I found the perfect build for me...made some coils today for Snake to send Monday, also made a few sets for the Haku.

Settled in on a fused clapton at .29 its a tad better than the round wire build I was rolling with for a bit.

Did you play with coil position at all? People claim there’s a “sweet spot”

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yup, legs down and low. The top of a 3mm coil is below the top of the AF radius by a smidge if that visually makes sense.

I’ll have to give that a go with my next build. I basically have the same coil position with the legs up on mine.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Screw soaking in vodka, drink it! You drink enough of it and you don't notice the machine oil:vino:

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Machine oil?
That would just make your juice taste like the wonderful Mechanics line of ejuice. Or wicking your atty after changing your cars oil?

Suck My Tailpipe is my favorite in that line.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Skimmed through that video and had to stop after he showed that silly leg length tool

I'll watch it again after I rinse my mind of it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've seen several of his reviews and I get a kick from his accent, it sounds like he's talking about dodgy flavor!
He tries and seems to know MTL fairly well. But he is lacking in technical knowledge and rambles on as much a Busardo.

I do watch several of his reviews.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
He tries and seems to know MTL fairly well. But he is lacking in technical knowledge and rambles on as much a Busardo.

I do watch several of his reviews.

I noticed the irony when you complained about Busardo - but you watch Vic?

At least I can understand what Busardo says

Both are way too long-winded

Bardiel003

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Running hot water for awhile

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Can you post a shot of that tip that would cover the adapter that you're talking about?
I'm still tryin to figure out what to do for tips on those - Haku, I could keep the white tip I have in there, but might want options...Flave, I'm thinking of getting something 3rd party cuz it's off-size and I find the stock tips "just okay"...

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Boiling works very well. Bought a Kayfun once, hot-soapy-water soak didn't help at all. Boiling it for 15 mins did the trick.

Andria

VU Sponsors