Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
if anyone was in doubt:

when you spill 100mg nic on the bench, it is best to clean it thoroughly before making toast on that spot

that was kinda unpleasant

i still ate it, but not optimal toast

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
doesn't look like it will ship for a while

I ordered the SXK Hadaly on the 25th. It shipped the next day. To say I was surprised is an understatement.
e164b4800207f6f6919893e705dbc8ff.png

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
if anyone was in doubt:

when you spill 100mg nic on the bench, it is best to clean it thoroughly before making toast on that spot

that was kinda unpleasant

i still ate it, but not optimal toast

Switch to VG nic base, it has an inherent sweet taste that really compliments most breads...

DISCLAIMER - Do not try this at home, these are trained and humorous professionals posting here under supervised controls with tongues firmly planted in cheek. Ingesting small amounts of nicotine base 100mg will kill you!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
What Spanky?

I come into this room for something. * looks more befuddled than usual *

Oh yeah, that's it I was curious if anyone had converted an Atomic style RDA into a squonking RDA and if they used a Fat Daddy's pin, 2.5 or 3? Darn cheap juice, one of the sample bottles was leaking green glowing goop, I licked it off now have a third arm getting in my way. :)

KentA

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
My 1st bottom feeder was an atomic clone with the Positive pin slotted by a Dremel. Although it spit juice from the air vents, it worked well until a negative post came loose.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
My 1st bottom feeder was an atomic clone with the Positive pin slotted by a Dremel. Although it spit juice from the air vents, it worked well until a negative post came loose.

Mine was an REO clone some guy was making in his basement, with a Chalice III clone - it convinced me that there was something to this squonking thing and it was worth plonking out over $300 for the real thing :cool:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
You can get 10 Coppervapes for that.

First, CV wasn't even out then - there were no cheap squonkers period, lol

The Chalice is still the best tight draw flavor atty around

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

The Oatty is not a really tight draw. But GOOD.
Ordered a shift atty clone yet?

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

It is nice, yes. My first squonk was a Reo. With a small Vicious Ant atty. I now have only four squonks in the house as I've passed quite a few on. My favorite atty is now the Haladay although the Nipple with the BF pin is quite nice too. I want to try the Nalu. You can see the squonk action, it is single coil if you like and it has a velocity deck. How can that be bad? And it comes with the squonk pin and its authentic. And its cheap. I looked at it at my B+M - they had black version - and immediately ordered the silver. The machining seemed spot on and it looks much nicer than the Tsunami IMHO.

Last edited:

Jakeman02

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Silly question of the day, from what I've found and I'll link some vids the Shift and Shift BF are different designed attys. The one I've been waiting for is the Shift BF and it looks like the one were discussing SKU 6425000 except the FT version doesn't mention BF in the name nor does it look like it comes with a bf pin.

Why would they clone a bf atty that doesn't have a bf pin? No biggie if that's the case I've got some pins I can fit but it just seems odd and I want to make sure I'm looking at the right one before I put it on the slow boat. It's in my cart and ready to go just want to make sure it's the right one first.

Shift

Shift BF

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Silly question of the day, from what I've found and I'll link some vids the Shift and Shift BF are different designed attys. The one I've been waiting for is the Shift BF and it looks like the one were discussing SKU 6425000 except the FT version doesn't mention BF in the name nor does it look like it comes with a bf pin.

Why would they clone a bf atty that doesn't have a bf pin? No biggie if that's the case I've got some pins I can fit but it just seems odd and I want to make sure I'm looking at the right one before I put it on the slow boat. It's in my cart and ready to go just want to make sure it's the right one first.

Shift

Shift BF
In the discussion tab on ft they said it is a 2 part pin. One that you unscrew the centre sealing pin and it leaves it as bf.

Hope that made sense

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hi Ben...they are fabulous! Got three of them! Great performance and very good value for money, hits like a freight train and the best thing is you won't feel as bad if it gets dinged, scratched or lost!

I suggest you get at least two! And don't get the RDA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey don't talk to him. He is one of my evil twins. My name is Ben too, short from Benjamin. Any named Neb are my evil twins, the just have to be. Beware of their evilness.

He was even cloned a year later than me. Ha! Everyone knows us '72 models are the good Ben, and the better running Ben. The '72 models are the genuine articles. :) Shoo! Go away you evil Neb. :)

Jakeman02

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
In the discussion tab on ft they said it is a 2 part pin. One that you unscrew the centre sealing pin and it leaves it as bf.

Hope that made sense

Gotcha, thanks, now they need to name it correctly :/

Placing order

73neb

Member For 4 Years
Hey don't talk to him. He is one of my evil twins. My name is Ben too, short from Benjamin. Any named Neb are my evil twins, the just have to be. Beware of their evilness.

He was even cloned a year later than me. Ha! Everyone knows us '72 models are the good Ben, and the better running Ben. The '72 models are the genuine articles. :) Shoo! Go away you evil Neb. :)

I'm not sure if your just trying to be funny or if you have some issue with me, but I really don't appreciate being told to go away in two different threads and while quoting someone I consider a friend. Wtf?

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm not sure if your just trying to be funny or if you have some issue with me, but I really don't appreciate being told to go away in two different threads and while quoting someone I consider a friend. Wtf?

i'm sure he is just joking

VU is a funny place sometimes, people go straight from intro, to the seinfield "drive him to the airport"

73neb

Member For 4 Years
i'm sure he is just joking

VU is a funny place sometimes, people go straight from intro, to the seinfield "drive him to the airport"

In one thread, I'd figure it as a joke. But in two threads, and telling a friend not to talk to me? Either it's an insult or a very poor sense of humor.

caihlen

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yo Squonkers, might like to dip my toe in the Squonker water. Please to have a recommendation for a good, reasonably priced, setup to start out on?

Regards,
kc

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You OK with mechanical?
You OK with waiting for China?

If so - Coppervape mod. If you prefer regulated, maybe the Dripbox 160...

And tell us what kind of draw/air/build you like for a bottom feed atomizer recommendation...

upload_2016-12-11_9-10-36.png
Yo Squonkers, might like to dip my toe in the Squonker water. Please to have a recommendation for a good, reasonably priced, setup to start out on?

Regards,
kc

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Regards,
kc
Coppervape mod? Chinese mech

Do you drip now? If you do just look into converting your current favourite rda

If not and you are okay with clones, origen little, aka o16 ranges from restricted lung hit to mtl.
Goons are popular for airy
Hobo 3.1 somewhere in between
Hadaly is in vogue for flavour

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Saw voltage drop tests somewhere and they were abysmal. I think it was tested with brown bombers though, which would make it worse.

But they have a cult following. Some really like them

What's a Brown Bomber, Dan?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
LG brown 18650. They made 1 good batch and got a good rep. Subsequent authentic batches have been piss poor. As tested by mooch.

I didn't know that, I bought a bunch when they first became available, no problems here.

caihlen

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You OK with mechanical?
You OK with waiting for China?

If so - Coppervape mod. If you prefer regulated, maybe the Dripbox 160...

And tell us what kind of draw/air/build you like for a bottom feed atomizer recommendation...

View attachment 68800
Not to hot on mechs, prefer regs, airy draw dtl, and I thought about the dripbox 160. Is it worth a shit?

caihlen

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Coppervape mod? Chinese mech

Do you drip now? If you do just look into converting your current favourite rda

If not and you are okay with clones, origen little, aka o16 ranges from restricted lung hit to mtl.
Goons are popular for airy
Hobo 3.1 somewhere in between
Hadaly is in vogue for flavour

not dripping, just getting into building, using reg mods and tfv4 and 8

VU Sponsors