Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

chohan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got a new door for my anchor mod today.
a20fb2c6ff8b38d7340be453dbd9219d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Imho, that is a major improvement over the previous "louvers" look.

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah
..i agree. I'd even prefer a solid door over the louvers look. Some doors are nicer than others though. Nicer lines...windows...circles.. the one I had might be the ugliest..
d5dbff4ee25f0d4c30e816af537f8f52.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
About the same for me since my parents were the age of other kid's grandparents. But I can remember digging through me dad's record cabinet as a very young boy, bunch of old 78's, etc. and finding an old gem... Bo Diddley album. Man, I almost wore that thing out.

I was lucky enough to see Bo Diddley at a club in the late 70s - one of the greatest

But my grandparents were born overseas in 1905 and 1907 - there was no Bo Diddley - but plenty of Mormon Tabernacle Choir!

chohan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was lucky enough to see Bo Diddley at a club in the late 70s - one of the greatest

But my grandparents were born overseas in 1905 and 1907 - there was no Bo Diddley - but plenty of Mormon Tabernacle Choir!

Oh that is badass, I was never so lucky.

My mom and dad were 1913 and '16 respectively. Not sure what was up with the Bo Diddley album. Maybe he went through a wild streak after WWII or in the 50s.

Last edited:

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My favorite album from early childhood. Found it in my house...don't think I ever listened to it...lol. ;)
R-578954-1220133001.jpeg.jpg

Then sometime a couple years later i glommed a couple Beatles albums from my parents and sister, who just thought it was interesting.
And from mid-70's or so, I spent like 20 years in rock bands.

Lookit, here's me and my dad, lol. Funny hat and hella-hair, Slash copped my style a bit, couple years later, lol.
Wonder what I'm hiding behind my back???
meanddad1981maybe.jpg

Actually, now that I think about it? I was probably smoking!

God the 60s would've been great. Sid Barret and the Floyd. Hendricks, Joplin. Damn I was born in the wrong era.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Yeah, but I was mainly raised by my grandparents, so it was more Lawrence Welk, Henry Mancini (when they felt like really rocking out) and shit like Perry Como :eek:

Had a lot of fun in the 70s though :giggle:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
My favorite album from early childhood. Found it in my house...don't think I ever listened to it...lol. ;)
R-578954-1220133001.jpeg.jpg

Then sometime a couple years later i glommed a couple Beatles albums from my parents and sister, who just thought it was interesting.
And from mid-70's or so, I spent like 20 years in rock bands.

Lookit, here's me and my dad, lol. Funny hat and hella-hair, Slash copped my style a bit, couple years later, lol.
Wonder what I'm hiding behind my back???
View attachment 105835

Actually, now that I think about it? I was probably smoking!

I like how you and your dad are color coordinated - he's wearing the hell out of that turtleneck!!!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
"I'll take another silver Coppervape, doesn't need to be a kit, mod only will suffice." He listens as the box squawks. Eventually, he thinks he hears "please come to the window" so, begins to walk up to the window.

Ah, i'm at the wrong place.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
am i imagining it, or is the craze settling down?

FT and 3f had at least 2 new plastic fantastic squonks a day for ages, not so much now

billetbox seems like the new black

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
am i imagining it, or is the craze settling down?

FT and 3f had at least 2 new plastic fantastic squonks a day for ages, not so much now

billetbox seems like the new black

Typical of a saturated market.
Annd.. I'm totally guilty.
Wallet in one back pocket, this little guy in the other. Everything they say about the BilletBox is true.
Hell I sold almost all my collection last weekend, after 5 years of fiddling with damn near everything.. that says a lot.
Squonking is super cool for sure but for me personally didn't tick all the boxes ...the little accessories and the hunt for THE atty were really fun and then just became a bit tedious ...there's just too much crap out there and the Facebook squonk scene has just become a contest of how big your handcheck dick pic is and how 'cool' and expensive and rare your set up is. Bollocks.
I'm also kinda a minority cause I prefer ease of use and not hands-on with vaping (i.e.: factory coils for the most part) and the A-Tank with EUC coils is just perfect for me.
Cheap enough, simple, quick, no surprises, nothing to go wrong, no leaking, dripping, bits everywhere etc...
I love the BF's but for a lifestyle thing I'm definitely a BilletBox convert.
Don't tell Lucy!!
(wait did I just post this??)
:giggle:

IMG_7839.JPG

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Woahh.. that is so cool.
Awhile ago I compiled a master list of the artists I've seen.. need to update it one of these days but my memory has slipped a little in 5 years
:gaah:

http://fredeagle.blogspot.com/2013/04/bands-ive-seen-live-83-13-master-list.html?m=1

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
God the 60s would've been great. Sid Barret and the Floyd. Hendricks, Joplin. Damn I was born in the wrong era.

Speaking of Mr. Barret.
I've often wondered how weird you gotta be to get kicked out of (Pink Floyd)
His genius was misunderstood 30 years later and most people still don't get it.
I'm going to go play with Emily now...Cheers!

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
About the same for me since my parents were the age of other kid's grandparents. But I can remember digging through me dad's record cabinet as a very young boy, bunch of old 78's, etc. and finding an old gem... Bo Diddley album. Man, I almost wore that thing out.
Did you say 78...Dang!
Some wicked memories came rushing back!
You know those fucking things are worth some serious money now.And like idiots most people tossed them out...SMFH!

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I just realized if my father & mother were still alive they'd be older than your Granddad.
My dad was born in 1890.My mother was born in 1900...True story!

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh that is badass, I was never so lucky.

My mom and dad were 1913 and '16 respectively. Not sure what was up with the Bo Diddley album. Maybe he went through a wild streak after WWII or in the 50s.
Could be.
My dad got turned on to (John Coltrane) by a younger officer he respected.So anything is possible.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just realized if my father & mother were still alive they'd be older than your Granddad.
My dad was born in 1890.My mother was born in 1900...True story!
Wow man that's wild. My grandfather was born in 1910. Can't imagine life back then.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It seems that cassette tapes are coming back??
NFI why

Blind studies of music snobs show digital format through a valve amp is the only one people agree sounds better.

No one can pick vinyl etc unless you tell them or they see the turntable

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Pre sales 56.99 pluse regulated sqounker mod comes with refill bottle and rda included
929c673c9a781054d47d64a2e9e9f843.jpg
f8061db2ebbe421d0962e285eb63cc6c.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I can co-exist with what is considered 'normal' society.
If I ever fit in though I will have lost myself.
You are a standard generation though, right? Boomer or gen X

Whoever I replied to earlier and i were born in between. So we are kinda gen X, but not enough that we get long with them. And almost gen Y, but not enough that we can relate to others born 82 or later

We are tweeners. There is fuck all of us, so we don't get along well with anyone generally

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You are a standard generation though, right? Boomer or gen X

Whoever I replied to earlier and i were born in between. So we are kinda gen X, but not enough that we get long with them. And almost gen Y, but not enough that we can relate to others born 82 or later

We are tweeners. There is fuck all of us, so we don't get along well with anyone generally
late Boomer maybe?
By some peoples reasoning.
But I am just me and refuse to be categorized or labelled.

VU Sponsors