Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So....once again please, why get this one instead of the $ 16 Pico from FT???
Sorry y'all, I was channeling Mr. Cromwell!:drunk:

As soon as I see a nicer looking V2 Pico Squeeze with a higher wattage limit...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

chohan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What do one of those pretty little things go for and what super secret FB Illuminati group do I need to join?

300 and that is black sheep squonk group... Allen's spin off. I guess I warmed up to them after they offered the svf 510's

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
300 and that is black sheep squonk group... Allen's spin off. I guess I warmed up to them after they offered the svf 510's

Mmmm... not sure I want to take the chance on that guy. I’d like a mosfet squonk, but not at $200+ bucks and not as fugly as the Squeeze... wtf is Eleaf waiting for anyway?!

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Clone CDs?

Don't join the fb group if you are going to buy clone CDs lol

Do people still use CDs?
The bar has a CD player & MP3 thingy.You get a 12 song limit.So I just burn to CD.And make multiple copies that way if somebody wants a copy it's there.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow man that's wild. My grandfather was born in 1910. Can't imagine life back then.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Hearse circa 1910 below.

phf096.jpg

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
NFI why

Blind studies of music snobs show digital format through a valve amp is the only one people agree sounds better.

No one can pick vinyl etc unless you tell them or they see the turntable
Well most people can't.Only about 0.002% of the worlds population can hear an actual difference.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Modded my pico squeeze to take an Italian supersoft bottle. Not silicon,but I already had these. And to be honest,I prefer the supersofts and original modmaker bottles to any of the silicon bottles I've tried. I can also confirm that the supersofts fit in the Kanger squonkers without modification.
1f7874f83db788abfa3b79406cc104cf.jpg

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk
Could you toss me link to those super softies?

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's one benefit of my tinnitus affliction... I can get by with cheap stereo equipment, it all sounds the same. Thanks US Army! :rolleyes:

Uggh I have it bad, my early years in hvac not caring about ear protection...now it sounds like cicadas all the time... Don't even remember what silence is like sadly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chohan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Intermittent or Continual?
Mines continual I sometimes wonder how I can sleep at all.

Continual. Shot competition M-16 for 2 yrs. Started on the 300m firing line in '85 and never stopped. Grown a bit louder over the years... I can even hear it inside the the loudass factory where I work. Wind noise from riding a motorcycle probably exasperates it even more. /shrug... it is what it is.

Zaxxaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Could you toss me link to those super softies?
I'm not sure where you would get them now unless you ordered from Canada or Italy.The only place in the US that carried them was Reos Mods,and I don't know if they are back up and running yet since they have a new owner.I'll check another bottle I have later and see if it works,ones you can get from Fasttech.

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hope It arrives safely an works as good as im expecting it to. But picked it up on sqounk Trader an says shipped today , had to contact as said hers tracking number with wrong post code , a code of 3 towns away , so he says he contacted them to change it ,
Just a single 18650 switchfet sqounker ,
Looks to need a micro polish
(no problem with that)
Be better if i could swap tube out for larger , but doubtful.

would of liked a 21700 sqounker so just ordered some tubes to try make one for my
Glosis se35 21700 cells , 3500mah an 30 amp so should be good an last little longer than VTC5A if i get one built ,
0ece028214d0023fbac5a40063363920.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ishkabibble

Gotta eat the lettuce
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
How ya'll cleaning your silver contact squonkers? The obvious arc marks are to be expected but wasn't sure what ya'll using to clean them with. I read somewhere about using no-ox-id on the contacts but reading the warning statement about cancerous materials makes me think twice about coating anything near what I inhale with it..

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
How ya'll cleaning your silver contact squonkers? The obvious arc marks are to be expected but wasn't sure what ya'll using to clean them with. I read somewhere about using no-ox-id on the contacts but reading the warning statement about cancerous materials makes me think twice about coating anything near what I inhale with it..
Paper with a tooth to it. Business card is good. Gently hold contacts together and move it back and forth.

If it is pure silver, the oxide is conductive anyway. If it is sterling it is not and you may need fine grit sandpaper.

No ox id and deoxit gold are both good

chohan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I figured to share that reddit link, since we talked about the actual limitations of the PS, I am glad someone took the time to break it down and test.

74w is what he tested it being capable of. Way more than I vape at lol

Which battery and what was the coil resistance when you tested and got 3.78v output?

According to his spreadsheet, he's getting around 3.3v at .3 ohm with an Lghg2. I bet a vtc5a would rock in a pico.

VU Sponsors