Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Anyone have a DNA75 (not colour. Just the older mono board) squonker that they would consider trading for my Evade Aulus Squonk?

Evade RRP is €319. Looking to trade this for any DNA75 mono I can get. It can be the cheapest pos DNA75 squonk ever released.

4f8f359b31a1a437d7c6c07aa5e4c842.jpg
00fae6f6c63a8c050d18971d94f78e13.jpg
e05dc806c527bb062a67ab529697c7cc.jpg
2929ef3e9a2ff19818a21c53b1a62418.jpg
71606049611340444cdc4f01184bfd3f.jpg
616675bd2fced3d47fdaf99231d32e69.jpg
ac0e7769f73ce4175fc85ee3feeedd10.jpg

hariboholmes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Finally had a chance to play with the Narea today :)

Was a bit concerned after watching Todd's review as he seemed a little apologetic and his lack of enthusiasm for Narmods latest creation was evident.

However I have been pleasently surprised, the NarCA has been my daily driver now for well over a year so I had high hopes for the NarEA.

It looks absolutely fantastic in that beautiful minimal style Narmods stuff is known for.

I'm not a fan of the move over to grub screws as I much preferred the chunky slotted screws but it works fine and installing a coil is a breeze.

The reduced chamber really does work to create a very warm dense vape using minimal power and the NarEA is much better at smaller round wire builds than the NarCA which I always felt did better with a slightly more powerful build.

Airflow is slightly noisier than Narmods other attys but not by a huge amount and the denser flavour the more restricted air flow provides is a fair trade off.

Overall this is a great choice for those like me who enjoy a lower power 30w ish type round wire vape.

My preferred build is a 0.50 6 wrap 24g Kanthal at 2.5mm on a mech...delicious
4a7c96a369a2e6c28cea503fd3915cb7.jpg
454c0eb88bfcbf374159c9bac110e1b7.jpg

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

mt01631

Member For 4 Years
If that's what you picked up from my review then we have crossed wires somewhere

I have 2 now and use them frequently, the main point I tried getting over was that this was a change in direction and if you were expecting the same as the CA and DA you were in for a shock.

Anyway, that doesn't matter as long as you like it, that's the main thing

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bought a cheap oddball clone atty for squonk Vaux $4.42 @ FT. I don't see much American exposure.

The points I like:
Velocity deck
Large air control
Deep juice well

Squonk pin sold separate BF pin SKU 7007300 (M2.5x9.5mm)
https://www.fasttech.com/products/7526800
Little$4 squonker is turning out to be one of my favorites. Nice flavor,,,super tight but it fits on my pico squeeze (v1) seems connected to or clone of something viscous ant. Idk, ,, but flavor is spot on

Last edited:

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
U like? I do....i like my singles so can only imagine a double

#staycloudy

I liked the flavor and ease of build. But there was no juice well so it required such frequently squonking.

Tap'd from my iPhone XR

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
But there was no juice well so it required such frequently squonking.

That is the whole point of squonking - fresh juice saturation with each inhale

I about lost it the first time someone had the bright idea to squonkify atties with wells, they are prone to oversquonking and sometimes the coils dry out and the cotton gets so saturated they don't always wick correctly. And god forbid you kick back to vape a squonker with a well, juice pouring out of the airflow holes scalding your chest, etc

Give me a good draining one every day of week

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Maybe the issue is fixed now, I just ordered 10.

Sent from a Galaxy far far away!
Thank's Gadget for alerting me. I ordered some 20S's, & VTC5D's yesterday and settled for one stinkin p26a at that price lol. I just ordered my dozen right now after seeing your quote.

Last edited:

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Y'all see this? Recurve Dual by Mike Vapes

b9925ac996e548444737951448fe3241.jpg

Tap'd from my iPhone XR
I saw Wotofo announce some unveiling by Mike Vapes at the UK expo. They called it "R Dual" I suppose to be mysterious. I'm uninterested. I'm not really a fan of the first one.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I saw Wotofo announce some unveiling by Mike Vapes at the UK expo. They called it "R Dual" I suppose to be mysterious. I'm uninterested. I'm not really a fan of the first one.

agree, not a recurve fan either

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
All kinds of new goodies coming out. Topside Carbon with a Recurve Dual.

08981e91a1dc803d9191a000f9aa59fd.jpg

Tap'd from my iPhone XR

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Is anybody using the V2 Pulse in single coil mode? I was just wondering how it squonks. I want a Pulse 22. But it being around for two whole years theyve sold out almost everywhere. I know they can be found, but is it worth chasing?

I just ordered another Elder Dragon from VaporDNA. I've been using it more than anything on a Feedlink. Flavor has been outstanding. I suppose you could say the E.D. is probably based off the Pulse 22.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
nothing new in my squonk life

but hi bonks, good to see new faces in here

Nothing new squonkwise here either, one purchase since July of last year

Will be selling off all my wood in the coming weeks, if anyone is interested in wood squonkers

They will swell in the humidity if I take them when I move so they gotta go sadly

Everything from Woodvilles to little custom jobs, mech mainly, of course

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Will be selling off all my wood in the coming weeks, if anyone is interested in wood squonkers

They will swell in the humidity if I take them when I move so they gotta go sadly

So many jokes. Ha ha ha. But on a real note lemme know when you figure out what's for sale.

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
a) hmmmm. whatcha got?
b) where ya movin to? Hope it's nice!
:)

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Nice!!!
Slightly different weather - hope you can adjust, lol.

It was harder to adjust coming back up here, lol

Did my 9 months of winter per year for several decades now, ready to reverse that shit

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I might be interested when the time comes. I've always wanted a wood mod, a squonker is even better. Please let me know if you decide to sell some, I'd love one if I can afford it.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I might be interested when the time comes. I've always wanted a wood mod, a squonker is even better. Please let me know if you decide to sell some, I'd love one if I can afford it.

My bonker buddies always come first :)

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My bonker buddies always come first :)
Sorry I haven't been as active as I'd like, been really insane here. I even had a squonker slip out of my hand and replaced out with a Hugo Vapor BF mech. Got a Swedish Vaper Hive squonker and a Wasp Nano rda for it too. Been really happy with them. Been working on my collection :)

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Maybe we could trade? I sold one of the tmods. Still have the art deco one that you liked. It is in used condition. Definite scratch on the bead blasted area.

As a backup/vapergeddon mod. I'd maybe prefer single cell.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Anyone have an Armageddon V3 box? I'm curious how an 18650 fits in there. It was built to allow 20650s, which are wider correct? So is an 18650 sit loose in there?

I just love the full ultem body and am thinking of buying one.

Would also like to hear any other comments regarding the V3 in general.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If anyone has recommendations for other ultem body squonks, feel free to share. Besides the furyan.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Damn, sorry to hear you can't keep 'em. :(
Once they are gone, dey gone, ya know. Not like there are gonna be any more Woodvilles.

Just for lolz..this pic submitted at Reosmods made my jaw drop.

Karen-Valdez-2.jpg

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Damn, sorry to hear you can't keep 'em. :(
Once they are gone, dey gone, ya know. Not like there are gonna be any more Woodvilles.

Just for lolz..this pic submitted at Reosmods made my jaw drop.

Karen-Valdez-2.jpg

eric is making some new ones

but he doesn't have any diagrams etc, just trying to reverse engineer from a sample. And his missus has breast cancer, so delays there too

Bluenatic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Is anybody using the V2 Pulse in single coil mode? I was just wondering how it squonks. I want a Pulse 22. But it being around for two whole years theyve sold out almost everywhere. I know they can be found, but is it worth chasing?

I just ordered another Elder Dragon from VaporDNA. I've been using it more than anything on a Feedlink. Flavor has been outstanding. I suppose you could say the E.D. is probably based off the Pulse 22.
IMO it is absolutely worth trying to find one . I actually recently bought one from vapor dna and lucked into an unused one in the hardware section recently. I use mine exclusively as single and it's my favorite RDA/RTA I own. I also bought an Elder Dragon the same time as the V2 and imo the Pulse is by far my preference Good luck in your search

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Maybe we could trade? I sold one of the tmods. Still have the art deco one that you liked. It is in used condition. Definite scratch on the bead blasted area.

As a backup/vapergeddon mod. I'd maybe prefer single cell.

Oh, thought that sold while I was on vaycay - it made me sad

OKay, we will chat soon, surely we can come up with a suitable trade :)

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
IMO it is absolutely worth trying to find one . I actually recently bought one from vapor dna and lucked into an unused one in the hardware section recently. I use mine exclusively as single and it's my favorite RDA/RTA I own. I also bought an Elder Dragon the same time as the V2 and imo the Pulse is by far my preference Good luck in your search
I ended up ordering a V2 to try out :D.

Today I crossed another one off my list of "want to try RDAs" I found a Nudge 22 for fairly cheap.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I ended up ordering a V2 to try out :D.

Today I crossed another one off my list of "want to try RDAs" I found a Nudge 22 for fairly cheap.

Have you tried a B2K? I just got one from the Hardware thread a few weeks ago. The longer I use it, the more I like it. Put a Trinity glass cap on it, which I really love too.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Have you tried a B2K? I just got one from the Hardware thread a few weeks ago. The longer I use it, the more I like it. Put a Trinity glass cap on it, which I really love too.
No I haven't. I'll have to take a look at them now.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That is the whole point of squonking - fresh juice saturation with each inhale

I about lost it the first time someone had the bright idea to squonkify atties with wells, they are prone to oversquonking and sometimes the coils dry out and the cotton gets so saturated they don't always wick correctly. And god forbid you kick back to vape a squonker with a well, juice pouring out of the airflow holes scalding your chest, etc

hey its been a while since ive been here. im back in the game. just ordered a sunbox e8 kompakt.

Give me a good draining one every day of week

VU Sponsors