VU Patreon
Here's my pink mod
c3e432fd239f666f7b0ae766ae8c4d5c.jpg

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It seems like much of my experimenting has to do with getting the airflow more restricted, up to a point, but then beyond that point "too restricted" just plain pisses me off.
I hear that regarding air flow. I usually run just a smidge past half closed on the Gorge, Mongrel. More closed and I feel like I'm trying to suck a football through a tiny straw.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
this gloom is nice

delrin finish is just how i like it. Not over polished, with slight rubbery touch

performs well. Unsure how much of that is virgin molicel 18650

button placement is ok, but will take adjustment time to accustom to it

Can't wait to see it outside of packaging!!!

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Gloom is pitting battery

I like the mod. But what are people using? Deoxit?

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Gloom is pitting battery

I like the mod. But what are people using? Deoxit?
Surprised. I DO use deoxit on most of my more ordinary box-type mech mods - where it's easy to swipe the contacts while doing a battery change. But I haven't noticed any kind of pitting or arcing with my Gloom.
I'll have to take a closer look...

You're not super-low resistance or anything, are you?

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Surprised. I DO use deoxit on most of my more ordinary box-type mech mods - where it's easy to swipe the contacts while doing a battery change. But I haven't noticed any kind of pitting or arcing with my Gloom.
I'll have to take a closer look...

You're not super-low resistance or anything, are you?
0.25 ohm

jcash74

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Round wire? I recently got a couple Haku Venna's and I'm trying out some new (to me) builds. I used to use more exotic coils and then when to 22 ni80. I'm currently trying a 24 ni80 coil. I know I've heard good things about 26ga wire and using it in parallel.

I was also wondering if anyone knows what size hex screws the Venna uses it what a good replacement would be.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Round wire? I recently got a couple Haku Venna's and I'm trying out some new (to me) builds. I used to use more exotic coils and then when to 22 ni80. I'm currently trying a 24 ni80 coil. I know I've heard good things about 26ga wire and using it in parallel.

I was also wondering if anyone knows what size hex screws the Venna uses it what a good replacement would be.
Remind me to chat with ya in about a week. Not to toot my own horn, but I have found a fantastic build for the Venna I think anyway.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I've never used a venna

Does your question still apply?

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
26 gauge N80 or SS wrapped in parallel is a build I use a lot. ID and wraps depend on the RDA.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Only reason that I use ni80 is other types irritate my throat. I'm somewhat limited to ni80 or Ti

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Do people find molicel prone to pitting? Have changed out to sammies, and noticed improvements

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Any chance you could go on and ask to hold a minute? Messaging with another member here to go there and get it. I will take it for sure, just might take a bit with back n forth
messaged him but i think it probably sounds like jibberish the way i tried to explain that

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So 1st go with the stumpy cap gets hot, like screaming hot. Very non aggressive build, 2x 27g K 36g N80 fused claps @ .24. Will certainly do some playing around, but any thoughts from the stumpy users? I am not against using it single coil, just doesn't look like the best design for that?

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So 1st go with the stumpy cap gets hot, like screaming hot. Very non aggressive build, 2x 27g K 36g N80 fused claps @ .24. Will certainly do some playing around, but any thoughts from the stumpy users? I am not against using it single coil, just doesn't look like the best design for that?
Excuse the manky coil and wick. I have been meaning to recoil for days

But single parallel 26awg ni80. 4 wrap 2.5mm

The coil leads should point out opposite directions and make "Z" shape. In the days of o16 and stumpy we called it Z coil. Sloth tonight and others did videos but I can't find any

Fitting the coil can be a bitch. I use pliers, and swear a lot

62be84694fc0c444ceeab833ffb71325.jpg

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Excuse the manky coil and wick. I have been meaning to recoil for days

But single parallel 26awg ni80. 4 wrap 2.5mm

The coil leads should point out opposite directions and make "Z" shape. In the days of o16 and stumpy we called it Z coil. Sloth tonight and others did videos but I can't find any

Fitting the coil can be a bitch. I use pliers, and swear a lot

62be84694fc0c444ceeab833ffb71325.jpg
I remember doing those, and how fun they were, lol. Had totally forgot, but yes, shall be my next go around 👍

VU Sponsors