jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I really wanted this Ruby 24 #006 (badly). Worked out a trade with @Steve7482 and even custom finished an RNV Chronicle in his chosen color for the deal, I wanted it so badly. Not only did he steal my mod, he stole my time and work which makes him trash (IMO).

6 is my favorite number and I always wanted a Ruby 24 in SS, so I was ecstatic about the trade. I finished the mod and mailed it, dude went ghost the day after and has never been heard from again.

I reached out to @Steve7482 multiple times via PM, even wrote a letter and snail-mailed it. Nothing. I am generally pretty nice but I hate people who thieve by preying on the trust of the community. I like to think everyone here is straight up and we sort of depend on that for the things we do. Now I am always going to be second-guessing myself when taking chances on people I havent dealt with and I don't like thinking like that, not here anyway.

Any 44-year-old man who would scam someone out of a sub $100 trade has absolutely no integrity and is a piece of shit. So fuck you @Steve7482. I hope your wife cheats on you with your son and gives you an STD.

For anyone thinking I am being petty because its low value, be reminded that this is not about value. It's about being a man of your word, which @Steve7482 is not. Rant over and I am done being mean now. I am going to follow this dude and if he shows up under a different name be leery of anything going to a dude named Steve R in Valdosta, GA

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I really wanted this Ruby 24 #006 (badly). Worked out a trade with @Steve7482 and even custom finished an RNV Chronicle in his chosen color for the deal, I wanted it so badly. Not only did he steal my mod, he stole my time and work which makes him trash (IMO).

6 is my favorite number and I always wanted a Ruby 24 in SS, so I was ecstatic about the trade. I finished the mod and mailed it, dude went ghost the day after and has never been heard from again.

I reached out to @Steve7482 multiple times via PM, even wrote a letter and snail-mailed it. Nothing. I am generally pretty nice but I hate people who thieve by preying on the trust of the community. I like to think everyone here is straight up and we sort of depend on that for the things we do. Now I am always going to be second-guessing myself when taking chances on people I havent dealt with and I don't like thinking like that, not here anyway.

Any 44-year-old man who would scam someone out of a sub $100 trade has absolutely no integrity and is a piece of shit. So fuck you @Steve7482. I hope your wife cheats on you with your son and gives you an STD.

For anyone thinking I am being petty because its low value, be reminded that this is not about value. It's about being a man of your word, which @Steve7482 is not. Rant over and I am done being mean now. I am going to follow this dude and if he shows up under a different name be leery of anything going to a dude named Steve R in Valdosta, GA
Good for you for calling this guy out! I absolutely don't think you're being petty, it's about principle. Not to mention your time put into finishing a mod in his selected color, I've seen and admire your work.

Last edited:

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Possibly in steel bracelets?

Last edited:

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
upload_2019-9-25_0-4-48.png

Dude might have gotten locked up or something.
When is the last time you heard from him?

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Should get a moderator involved here and see if he's logged in since you've reached out.
You can see that in their profile. For the member in question: "Steve7482 was last seen: Sep 4, 2019"

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

That sucks, so sorry dude!

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
i too share in your outrage and i hope you might be able to recover it some day but you may be right only time will tell.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Yea, this sucks big time.

Just about everyone who buys and sells on here would be in the same position as you if this guy was selling what they were looking for.

No scammer that I ever heard of makes an account on a vaping forum in September 2015, then proceeds to make four successful deals over a two year period just so they can show up in September 2019 to beat somebody out of 75 bucks.
That just doesn't make any sense.

I hope everything works out for you @jwill and I hope nothing bad has happened to the seller.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Shit like this really pisses me off too....so much so I'd probably drive fly walk or swim to find his ass, then whip his ass till he's screaming for his mother.

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Its not petty at all. A man(or woman) is only as good as there word. Id be hella pissed off too. Karma is a bitch and will always come back round on him.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Aw man, so sorry to hear jwill. You're one of the good ones and definitely don't deserve this. He almost got me with that Ruby as well. What a dick

Sent from the Death Star

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

Last name?

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
There is always a risk when dealing with a stranger on the internet but there is a really good circle of trust on VU. Some of the folks here I buy and trade with very regularly and it is nice to know that can exists in this time we live. I really hope the dude got lost on his way home and there comes a day when I have to take all this back, but I would gladly do it.

For me anyways, calling another man a lowlife for real is a bummer and I don't like doing it. I may rage on politicians because they really are trying to screw us all over but most people tend to want to do right by other people and just trade stuff and buy stuff and sell stuff.

Its crazy because I have rolled the dice on some new people that i thought for sure were scamming but I wanted the thing they had bad enough to roll the dice and did it anyway and ended up having a great experience with them. Then we find a fox in the henhouse like this. At least it was >$100 item up and not some super rare mod or something because I would have been blowing airline points to make a housecall.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Yaa that doesnt help in any search engines

I have the dudes info, but I dont think the forum rules allow for outing him like that. If anyone ever finds themselves dealing with a Steve R or someone in Valdosta GA and want to confirm, PM me.

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Have his name. Bday and adress. With that info you can find out damn near anything you want about him. Gotta love the internet

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I have the dudes info, but I dont think the forum rules allow for outing him like that. If anyone ever finds themselves dealing with a Steve R or someone in Valdosta GA and want to confirm, PM me.
Agreed that prob will break forum regulations. But take the lil bit of time n do it yourself. When my xwife remarried some douchbag it cost me all of .99c to pull his whole backround. I needed to know who was around my children.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Agreed that prob will break forum regulations. But take the lil bit of time n do it yourself. When my xwife remarried some douchbag it cost me all of .99c to pull his whole backround. I needed to know who was around my children.

The dude will get whats coming to him. Maybe not today, or this year or next. But there will come a day when he needs something and he will turn up and people will know him and he will be shamed and turned away.

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
The whole thing sucks. Sorry it happened to you. Ive lucked out i guess seing as the worst that's come my way is a few people not leaving feedback for me. But you leaving neg feedback for him marks him should he ever show up. If it is some1 i havent dealt with b4 i always check feedback. So if i saw neg from a well respected member such as yourself i would never buy or sell to them. Our word is everything on vu. Like if i say i can send payment at a certain day or time, i damn well make sure it happens. I think we need a permanent wall of shame thread.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm so sorry this jerk did this to you bro. I'm very careful, just like you who I deal with. I live paycheck to paycheck like many on here and I have to sacrifice when I buy anything. I haven't bought from you, but know many that have and have spoken with you. You're a good dude and he will get what is coming to him. Karma is a bitch and always pays in spades.

I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That really sucks. Sorry man. I've been ethically shanked myself but it wasn't on VU. Thanks for the heads up.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
That really sucks. Sorry man. I've been ethically shanked myself but it wasn't on VU. Thanks for the heads up.

Appreciate it man but no one here needs to apologize for this dude. This is a PSA/Rage Rant.

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I went off the hook on Ebay messages to a dude years ago, think I refunded him too much in error, my mistake. He showed up 3 weeks later and squared up. Said he was in a car wreck and ended up in the hospital.

Hope your guy shows up. We're all used to a bit of a family feel around here. Also hope that stays the same.

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah possibly the dude ran in to some trouble, unexpected incarceration, auto accident, etc. I mean I would not wish that on someone but Karmicly better for him. I know no consolation to you.

You are a good dude. You pif'd to me and even paid shipping. That is very generous and indicates the type of person you are. It is true lousy things happen to good people.

The fact that you custom finished the piece in trade, in my mind increases the retail value x's 10. A jwill custom would be about pricless to me.

Sorry dude you are too nice of a guy to be part of this s*** show. Peace and love to you and yours.
Rick

VU Sponsors