Become a Patron!

Strange Weak Battery message

Hi.
I got an Eleaf Pico 25, and have encountered a problem, that I can't quite figure out.

I have two LG HG2 batteries, so that I can charge one, while I use another. When these batteries reaches the level from the last time I charged them, the mod displays "Weak Battery".

For example. If I drain the battery to 60% and then charge it, the message will appear the next time that battery reaches 60%. If I then keep discharging it to, let's say 40%, before charging it. The message then appears again at 40%.

The manual for the mod says that this message should appear when the battery gets below 2.9V. But this message appear even if the batteries measure 3.8V.

The message itself would not bother me, if the mod did not reduce the output power when it " detects" a so called weak battery. More than that, it bothers me, that the batteries themselves, seam to have some sort of memory, which I highly doubt is the case?

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Dang, that would drive me up the wall

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Hi.
I got an Eleaf Pico 25, and have encountered a problem, that I can't quite figure out.

I have two LG HG2 batteries, so that I can charge one, while I use another. When these batteries reaches the level from the last time I charged them, the mod displays "Weak Battery".

For example. If I drain the battery to 60% and then charge it, the message will appear the next time that battery reaches 60%. If I then keep discharging it to, let's say 40%, before charging it. The message then appears again at 40%.

The manual for the mod says that this message should appear when the battery gets below 2.9V. But this message appear even if the batteries measure 3.8V.

The message itself would not bother me, if the mod did not reduce the output power when it " detects" a so called weak battery. More than that, it bothers me, that the batteries themselves, seam to have some sort of memory, which I highly doubt is the case?
I just got another pico Squeeze 2 and it was doing something similar. It would give me the low battery warning every couple of fires. Click it again and it fires. I was going to start the process of returning it because it was only a couple days old and it stops doing it. I thought it might be because the battery wasn’t making solid contact. I have another Squeeze and the batteries fit a tiny bit tighter and I’ve had no problems with it in the year I’ve had it. I was cycling thru the menu and turning it off/on so maybe that did something I don’t know but it hasn’t done it in the several hundred fires since it stopped. Maybe it’s a fluke in the chip or something so maybe go thru the menu and fire it in bypass, temp and all that maybe you can shake it up into proper function like I’ve done with mine. Sorry I know it’s not very helpful but it got mine running right. Best of luck to you my friend, I hope you get your mod running right.

Made some calculations, and with the coil that I am using, and my power output, I use about 23A. The LG battery that I am using is officially a 20A, but should be able to draw 35A in short interval (less than 5 sec).

I went out and got a Sony 25A battery, which has so far, been working fine. The conclusion can only be, taken into account the voltage during this message, that the LG has difficulty drawing more than 20A, when it reaches below a certain point. I tested this by lowering the output on the LG battery, after this message appeared, which seamed to work, so long as I kept it under 20A. So it's an amp issue, despite the fact, that it should work fine with my 23A output. Fix is to simply use an officially 25A battery.

VU Sponsors