Become a Patron!

Strawberry Ice Cream

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
After many attempts, this is the best Strawberry Ice Cream I have made to date. Since I've been using INW flavors more and more, I feel my mixes have improved and highly recommend trying INW. I do not recommend any other strawberry or vanilla substitutions in this mix.
This needs 10 days to steep. If you try it sooner, your just wasting it.

Shisha Strawberry(INW) 2%
VBIC(CAP) 4%
Fresh Cream(FA) 1%
Shisha Vanilla(INW) .75%
(I mix 30/70vg-1.5mg)

EDIT: Try adding 1% INW Biscuit to the mix.

Cuddly Bowl Of Strawberry Ice Cream
Ice+cream+strawberry+244+(1024x665).jpg

Last edited:

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Bookmarking for when I get all the flavors.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Squonk I need to rethink any new recipes i try to make. You make stuff using the fewest ingredients.
Sometimes I find less is better to let flavors shine.;) This one would probably be good with 2-3% TFA GC Cheesecake added. You can also replace the strawberry with a different berry of other fruit. I have a Cantaloupe and Ice Cream recipe that I may replace with this base.
http://www.vapingunderground.com/threads/squonks-cantaloupe-ice-cream.135034/#post-987105

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Squonk Curious, why did you use CAP VBIC instead of TFA?
Don't have TFA. But I'm sure you can use it. Heabob says they're very similar in flavor. I will get TFA someday, but I liked CAPs right off the bat and I have too many duplicate flavors as it is. Not to mention dead inventory.

OhmzRaw

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't have TFA. But I'm sure you can use it. Heabob says they're very similar in flavor. I will get TFA someday, but I liked CAPs right off the bat and I have too many duplicate flavors as it is. Not to mention dead inventory.
I cannot use TFA because I taste pepper. I asked my question because I see most guys use TFA and say TFA cannot be subbed. Looks like I'll be giving this mix a go.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I cannot use TFA because I taste pepper. I asked my question because I see most guys use TFA and say TFA cannot be subbed. Looks like I'll be giving this mix a go.
I find the same with TFA Bavarian Cream. I switched to CAPs and find it creamier with no pepper aftertaste. CAPs VBIC is a steeper, but INW Shisha Strawberry and Vanilla will hold up great after a long steep. I hope you like it.

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm going to give this a try. Going to make one batch with Shisha Strawberry and one batch with Jungle Flavors Strawberry Sweet which is pretty damn good. It's like CAP Sweet Strawberry, but much better IMHO.

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
This one would probably be good with 2-3% TFA GC Cheesecake added. You can also replace the strawberry with a different berry of other fruit.
First thing I thought of when I saw this...I have some, I think it's new, Caps sweet watermelon I'd like to try with it. The GC Cheesecake is also a good idea.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I find the same with TFA Bavarian Cream. I switched to CAPs and find it creamier with no pepper aftertaste.

I like CAPS Bavarian Cream better than TFA myself, but TFA DX Bavarian is better than the non-DX version IMO.
Some have said that FW Bavarian was better than all of the above but can't confirm cause I haven't really compared them yet.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

I use both and like them both, can even mix the two together.
But personal preference is the best way because your taste buds "rule the roost", so use the one you like best.
I've found they can be subbed with either one with not much difference.
TFA seems sweeter whilst CAP seems more Vanilla-ish.
I get some pepper/bite effect from TFA Bavarian Cream unless it's steeped for a month, and normally only use low amounts.

OhmzRaw

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
But personal preference is the best way because your taste buds "rule the roost", so use the one you like best.
I get some pepper/bite effect from TFA Bavarian Cream unless it's steeped for a month, and normally only use low amounts.
What's your notes on TFA VBIC vs CAP VBIC with regards to the steep time ?

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good info. I have dx Bavaria cream but have not tried cap. I like tfa but good to know cap would be okay.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

While I like you recipe, the pic. to me looks more like Strawberry Ripple Ice Cream.
(rippled ice cream is usually defined as a thin line of sauce or syrup put through the ice cream)

Not to be too picky....Just saying....:)

Ron
---
"The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go." - Paris Hilton

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
While I like you recipe, the pic. to me looks more like Strawberry Ripple Ice Cream.
(rippled ice cream is usually defined as a thin line of sauce or syrup put through the ice cream)

Ron
---
"The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go." - Paris Hilton
I found it on the www. and it looked good, sooooooo......:D

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I found it on the www. and it looked good, sooooooo......:D

Thanks for straightening me out!

I had suspected, for suggesting their products, that a flavor manufacture gave you that image to use when they dropped off your other usual gifts. (exotic automobiles, bags of krugerrands and mega yacht) :D

Ron
---
"As long as the world is turning and spinning, we're gonna be dizzy and we're gonna make mistakes."-Mel Brooks

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for straightening me out!

I had suspected, for suggesting their products, that a flavor manufacture gave you that image to use when they dropped off your other usual gifts. (exotic automobiles, bags of krugerrands and mega yacht) :D

Ron
---
"As long as the world is turning and spinning, we're gonna be dizzy and we're gonna make mistakes."-Mel Brooks
I wish I had that gig.

capitaomorsa

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Tried this but with fa vannilla classic, sorry but did not have shisha vanilla yet. I like the final result, thanks for sharing, but I get a warm feeling in my mouth I normally don't get with other flavours, almost a tinny burn reaction. It was my first time diy with shisha strawberry and VBIC cap, should it be one of these flavours that might be giving this impression? Not enough steep time maybe or, maybe bad flavour?

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hey brother Squonk! I mixed up a 50 ml on Sunday that should be ready when I back from next week's trip to Miami. One good thing about my travel schedule is it makes waiting for the steep/aging easier.

Your palate seems to be very similar to mine (except for chocolate) is why I always mix your recipes at a minimum of 30 ml on the first try.

Etown smoke

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
This sounds great, I'm gonna have to order up more flavors cause I only got fa flavors right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wow this one looks great, I am a strawberry fan, Don't have shisha vanilla how much different is it than FA vanilla? Thanks for the share buddy

philbh

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Shisha vanilla is good stuff Jimi. Get it, you won't be sorry. Which FA vanilla do you have?

philbh

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
After many attempts, this is the best Strawberry Ice Cream I have made to date. Since I've been using INW flavors more and more, I feel my mixes have improved and highly recommend trying INW. I do not recommend any other strawberry or vanilla substitutions in this mix.
This needs 10 days to steep. If you try it sooner, your just wasting it.

Shisha Strawberry(INW) 2%
VBIC(CAP) 4%
Fresh Cream(FA) 1%
Shisha Vanilla(INW) .75%
(I mix 30/70vg-1.5mg)

Ice+cream+strawberry+244+(1024x665).jpg
I actually have all of these flavors for a change. You know you're think you're ready for anything and then somebody post a recipe and you're missing at least one important item.........

philbh

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Classic, tahiti, and bourbon
I think shisha vanilla is sweeter than anything from Flavor art but out of those three that you have Tahiti is the sweetest so give that a try. Shisha also has a creaminess that you're probably not going to get from Tahiti

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tried this but with fa vannilla classic, sorry but did not have shisha vanilla yet. I like the final result, thanks for sharing, but I get a warm feeling in my mouth I normally don't get with other flavours, almost a tinny burn reaction. It was my first time diy with shisha strawberry and VBIC cap, should it be one of these flavours that might be giving this impression? Not enough steep time maybe or, maybe bad flavour?
If you gave it a 10 day min steep then try lowering your wattage. VBIC likes lower watts.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey brother Squonk! I mixed up a 50 ml on Sunday that should be ready when I back from next week's trip to Miami. One good thing about my travel schedule is it makes waiting for the steep/aging easier.

Your palate seems to be very similar to mine (except for chocolate) is why I always mix your recipes at a minimum of 30 ml on the first try.
I LOVE YOU MAN!!!
In a manly man kinda way of course.:D

capitaomorsa

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi everyone, I need you help, let me ask this to the shisha strawberry experts.

I bought two concentrate botlles of Shisha strawberry to make this recipe, one in the original bottle ordered form e-aromashop, and another with Shisha strawberry re-bottled ordered from a local store. The concentrates smell a bit different, I'm tring to identify which one could be the "real" shisha strawberry. Both smell great in the concentrate bottle, but the rebottled seems to have more a raspberry taste.

I made 2 bottles of this recipe. The version with Shisha Strawberry original INW bottle, the SB is almost unnoticed in the background, the vanilla is more in your face covering the SB. With the re-bottled version of Shisha strawberry I get a balanced taste, the berry taste is stronger, though the strawberry looks more a raspberry.

So, which concentrate do you think is flawed based on what this recipe shoud taste like? Is it supposed do be a very light strawberry?

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
the strawberry looks more a raspberry.

Both should be clear in color;).
Some people seem to have taste buds tuned in for certain flavors, and toned down for others.
I suspect you can just taste the Vanillas better than the Strawberries in this case.
But it's possible you got an old batch, or the re-bottled one was newer, or a mix up like INW Strawberry Kiss instead.

I don't get a "in your face" Strawberry taste in this mix either, but I can taste it pretty well.
Don't know if I'd call it mild tho, depends on what it's compared to I guess.

You can try upping the SB to 2.5% or 3% to get it to your liking tho.
Or, try lowering the CAP VBIC to 2%, the Fresh Cream to 0.5%, and the Shisha Vanilla down to 0.5%.
I've also used 0.5% TFA Sour to help make the SB a bit brighter in some things.
And some use a drop or 2 of Raspberry to help the SB pop.

A simple test just using 2% Strawberry alone will tell you if the other flavors in this recipe are muting the SB a bit.
Even with 2% INW Shisha SB + 1% INW Biscuit you should taste the Strawberry pretty well.

Last edited:

soulseek

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
INW sisha strawberry has an excellent strawberry smell. However, once you vape it it also has a sisha taste incorporated into it, something I'm not getting from the vanilla. It is a great strawberry but for me the sisha flavour is too strong on its own, which is why I mix it with other strawberries.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
INW sisha strawberry has an excellent strawberry smell. However, once you vape it it also has a sisha taste incorporated into it, something I'm not getting from the vanilla. It is a great strawberry but for me the sisha flavour is too strong on its own, which is why I mix it with other strawberries.

Interesting, that's a new one for me, don't think I really could tell what shisha even tastes like, let alone describe it.
But I've never tried any of the real shisha stuff, other than I heard it was supposed to be like tobacco + fruit or whatever.

Quite a few of the Hangsen flavors have a certain taste that befuddles description but are present only in that brand specifically.

Mr Mixer

Member For 4 Years
this smells Fantastic, fresh mixed, now the marathon of waiting begins. Ive put it away in a dark cabinet, and will soon forget about it, until my phone reminds me in 10 days lol
thanks for the awesome share Squonk!

capitaomorsa

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for the comments. Talked to the local shop and they say that INW flavours are very inconsistent from batch to batch.

I'll just correct the batches I've made to taste.

Thanks for sharing this recipe, it's really good.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The wait for this is worth it!

Vaping this in a Petri V2 on a Petri mech mod with 0.28 ohm fused Clapton's. It's just like vaping that pic Squonk posted with his recipe. Shisha Strawberry has me looking into subbing it in some of my favorite recipes like Deeks'berry Custard.

DIYjim

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
This looks fantastic. Gotta try this. I am thinking that adding INW Biscuit adds a sugar cone note. :) Yum!

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Ron
---
Oh shit ! You just gave me a great idea ! I have Flavorah's Strawberry Filling. It does taste like strawberry syrup. Gonna mix it with Flavorah's Cream and TW GS Vanilla. Which tastes far better than any vanilla I've ever owned. Doesn't gunk the coils. Crystal clear flavoring :) Thanks Ron.

capitaomorsa

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
original bottles from poland or re-bottled??
They were saying in general... I trust more in your opinion and my gut than in the response I got from the local store. Probably it was contamination from another flavour.

JetVapE

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sorry, this may sound like a stupid question but suppose I added FA's Cookie instead of the biscuit, does it make a huge difference to the original recipe? I never had INW biscuit before.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors