Become a Patron!

Strawberry Ice Cream

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Sorry, this may sound like a stupid question but suppose I added FA's Cookie instead of the biscuit, does it make a huge difference to the original recipe? I never had INW biscuit before.

Recipe was good even before adding the Biscuit so...
And FA Cookie is around half the strength of Biscuit so I'd use 2% to start with.
Both are good flavors so it won't turn out badly either way.

JetVapE

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Recipe was good even before adding the Biscuit so...
And FA Cookie is around half the strength of Biscuit so I'd use 2% to start with.
Both are good flavors so it won't turn out badly either way.
Thanks for the info. can't wait to try this out. Heabob, do you think I could use TFA's Dairy milk instead of the fresh cream? If yes what percentage do you prefer? Or both of them need to be added... I also have FA's Fresh cream but I LOVE TFA's Dairy Milk! LOL

Last edited:

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks for the info. can't wait to try this out. Heabob, do you think I could use TFA's Dairy milk instead of the fresh cream? If yes what percentage do you prefer? Or both of them need to be added... I also have FA's Fresh cream but I LOVE TFA's Dairy Milk! LOL

I'm also a big fan of Dairy Milk, and it also works well in this one, try it first at 1% tho.
I normally use 4-5% TFA/CAP VBIC + 2% TFA Dairy Milk for Ice Cream mixes.
Due to the Shisha Vanilla in here the VBIC should be only 4% as Squonk has listed.
FA Fresh Cream does also work good but it's not as sweet IMO.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So I made this today, forgetting the biscuit, and decided to make 70 mls. The problem is my bottle was not 70 mls causing me to be 7 mls short on nic base. No big deal, I LOVE FLAVOR. :cool:

DIYjim

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Just made this with the correct ingredients w/ 100% VG base. It's atop my DirecTV box {my warm steeping place} and it smells DAMN good. I doubt I be able to wait 10 days before dipping into this. :) -Thanks, Squonk!

DIYjim

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I actually waited two weeks before trying this @ about 5mg nic & 100%VG. -Oh, man! The Shisha Strawberry really shines in this recipe. I could easily vape this all day, which is something I rarely do. I will definitely be making more. This recipe is a WINNER! :hearts:

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
lb vanilla ice cream.

I've tried it with the LB Ice Cream and it wasn't quite as good, to me anyway...
CAP & TFA are the best IMO, but if you get that peppery taste from these, as some have, LB would be worth a shot.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
On my second 50 ml of this. Made it as written (with Biscuit). So smooth and creamy. Yum and thanks!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Thanks Man!
200w.webp

cdohner

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Have all the flaves. But unfortunately, Shisha Strawberry gives me the same Play-Doh effect as some get from Capella's Sweet Strawberry ( I can actually hit it once every five to ten minutes and be okay but that doesn't work for the job I have ) So I guess I would have to use FA Strawberry Juicy ( which actually is a really good strawberry IMO )

jr779

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have all the flaves. But unfortunately, Shisha Strawberry gives me the same Play-Doh effect as some get from Capella's Sweet Strawberry ( I can actually hit it once every five to ten minutes and be okay but that doesn't work for the job I have ) So I guess I would have to use FA Strawberry Juicy ( which actually is a really good strawberry IMO )
I just mixed that up yesterday - replaced the shisha with 4% juicy strawberry. Haven't tried it yet though.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I just mixed that up yesterday - replaced the shisha with 4% juicy strawberry. Haven't tried it yet though.
Haven't tried anything yet (me = total n00b), but replacing the INW shisha strawberry with FA juicy strawberry is also what I had in mind (only because I have that flavoring), along with some other adaptations like leaving out the INW shisha vanilla, and, like others have stated, adding some TFA dairy/milk. But I'm also planning to add a dash of both TFA whipped cream and TFA sweet cream. To make the strawberry 'pop' more, I might also add a very subtle hint of TFA bavarian cream. And a small touch of TFA cotton candy for a creamy 'feel' of the vapor whilst at the same time also balancing the sourness of the bavarian cream with that extra little bit of sweetness of the cotton candy. But trying to imagine what percentages I should use to stand a proper chance of making this all work has been making my head spin... a lot.

jr779

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Haven't tried anything yet (me = total n00b), but replacing the INW shisha strawberry with FA juicy strawberry is also what I had in mind (only because I have that flavoring), along with some other adaptations like leaving out the INW shisha vanilla, and, like others have stated, adding some TFA dairy/milk. But I'm also planning to add a dash of both TFA whipped cream and TFA sweet cream. To make the strawberry 'pop' more, I might also add a very subtle hint of TFA bavarian cream. And a small touch of TFA cotton candy for a creamy 'feel' of the vapor whilst at the same time also balancing the sourness of the bavarian cream with that extra little bit of sweetness of the cotton candy. But trying to imagine what percentages I should use to stand a proper chance of making this all work has been making my head spin... a lot.
I made up 30 mls of the original with biscuit at 1% and thought it was perfect. Maybe make two batches, the original one with the shisha and the other with juicy strawberry before you start replacing ingredients because you might find it's perfect as is. I used 4% juicy strawberry because it's the percentage in HIC's Berry Blasted Cheesecake. wllmc's used it at 2.5 but combined it with shisha strawberry in his juicy strawberry cheesecake, which I suppose is another you could choose to mix it.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I made up 30 mls of the original with biscuit at 1% and thought it was perfect. Maybe make two batches, the original one with the shisha and the other with juicy strawberry before you start replacing ingredients because you might find it's perfect as is. I used 4% juicy strawberry because it's the percentage in HIC's Berry Blasted Cheesecake. wllmc's used it at 2.5 but combined it with shisha strawberry in his juicy strawberry cheesecake, which I suppose is another you could choose to mix it.
I don't have anything by INW, and, the only strawberry I have is juicy. I do have the CAP VBIC and the FA fresh cream, though, but wanted to add a different character to the cream base with what I have as opposed to adding the INW vanilla, which I don't have.

jr779

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't have anything by INW, and, the only strawberry I have is juicy. I do have the CAP VBIC and the FA fresh cream, though, but wanted to add a different character to the cream base with what I have as opposed to adding the INW vanilla, which I don't have.
Ah - I get it now. I thought you had all of the ingredients - poor assumption on my part.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I got a new tank and have been using this recipe in it for the last week. Shits good. :) I only made 30ml. I'm gunna made 60 more, and 60 w/biscuit.

VU Sponsors