Become a Patron!

mrquackers00

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So this recipe was a little different approach compared to how I normally mix. My usual method is building the recipe one flavor at a time and adjusting from there. This time I used groups of flavors that I have previously used (in other mixes) then tweak it from there. The recipe is still in it's infancy but I really liking the results so far and tempted me to share the current progress.

The title "StrawPeaKi" is just an uninspired name derived from a spillover-habit of programming (UpperCamelCase). Below are the recipes used in it's evolution (so far).

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Notes for all recipes:
  • I am mixing at max VG to minimize use of sweetener additives (when possible)
  • All the recipes below taste "sharp" as shake-and-vapes. Standard minimum steep before I start making actual judgements is 2-3 days. This is especially true of the creamy version. Longest steep time so far is about a week.
  • I use RDAs 90% of the time so total flavoring % may need to be tweaked for those using RTAs/tanks (that don't guzzle juice as much therefor contains less flavoring per-pull).
  • All recipes were vaped in different two setups:
    • RX200 w/ Velocity (kanthal | dual coil | fused claptons | 26g core w/ 32g wrap | 0.43ohms @ 55w-75w)
    • IPV Mini2 w/ Derringer (kanthal | single coil | twisted | 2 strands of 28g | 1.3ohm @ 25w-30w)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
StrawPeaKi v1:
  • Dragonfruit (TFA): 1%
  • Kiwi (FA): 0.25%
  • Sweet Strawberry (CAP): 3%
  • Strawberry Ripe (TFA): 5%
  • White Peach (FA): 1%
v1 Notes:
  • Recipe isn't bad...but still isn't the target I was aiming for. Actually a very good starting point.
  • Don't think strawberry-flavor-combination is appropriate for this application (getting undertones of a chemical-taste that I've never noticed when used in other recipes)
  • Need to play with peach to get a deeper, sweeter profile for that component.
  • Dragonfruit was used because TFA's version is good for "melding" strawberry flavors (also applies to kiwi which shares some similar ingredients).
StrawPeaKi v2:
  • Strawberry (FA): 2%
  • Peach (FA): 0.5%
v2 Notes:
  • Overall flavoring seemed a bit much although this version is a little smoother. I am going to try out a lightly-diluted version (probably reduce all flavors to 3/4 of original amounts).
  • Overall it would be worth making 8-10 iterations to test various flavors at different percentages. I feel like the juice is "on the right road but needs a different speed". Possible changes include:
    • Try lowering strawberry %s (just slightly) while keeping others same.
    • Try lowering strawberry and peach flavors (just slightly) while keeping others same.
    • Maybe try inversing the %s of peach flavors while keeping others same (ie: Peach @1% and White @0.5%).
StrawPeaKi v2.5 (creamy version):
  • Fresh Cream (FA): 1%
  • Marshmallow (FA): 0.5%
v2.5 Notes:
  • Repeat: I always wait at least 2-3 days when using any creams. They never, ever taste correct right out of the gate (to me).
  • Creams definitely tame the overall profile! This finally confirmed that I'm a cream-addict because I use at least 0.5% in every fruit recipe for the past year.
  • Creamy components could use a little refining. Perceived amount is appropriate for recipe but overall the taste could be better. Probably going to other combos using Fresh Cream (FA), Vienna Cream (FA), VBIC (TFA), Marshmallow (TFA/FA), and/or Bavarian Cream (TFA).
    • I'm not a custard fan (at all) but it may work well here for those who are fans.
  • My personal favorite version of this recipe so far.
[!! Untested Variant !!] StrawPeaKi v3:
  • Lychee (FA): 1%
(Preliminary) Notes:
  • No review notes because this hasn't been mixed/tested yet. This is actually a last-minute brainstorm from typing this out and going to whip it up the next mixing session.
  • Planning to use Lychee (FA) instead of Dragonfruit (TFA) to add a subtle tropical twist and hopefully sweeten overall taste more than what the Dragonfruit contributes. IIRC: Lychee can have some of the same effects as dragonfruit with certain flavors (strawberry, kiwi, etc) so I hope it turns out to be an upgraded sub.
  • Eventually, may try adding very small amounts of Cactus (INW) to make the fruits "juicier". By small I mean 0.06%-0.25% so that the overall taste isn't significantly affected. Not optimistic about this change but I have been surprised before.

Hopefully I will have enough time in the next week or two to experiment with this concoction and perpetuate it's evolution. Updates will be posted as (notable) progress is made. To anyone that has feedback and/or suggestions: don't hesitate to chime in.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Try this. All flavors Flavor Art unless otherwise noted.

Drop the Lychee and Dragon Fruit altogether.

White Peach .5%
Peach .5%
Kiwi .5%
Banana 2%
Strawberry 2% (Heartland Vapes house) Or substitute with CAP Sweet Strawberry
OPTIONAL: Bavarian Cream 2% (TFA)

While it can be vaped right away. The strawberry (and optional Bavarian Creme) really doesn't start to shine through until a couple of weeks of steeping.

I've been a lurker for a very long time and had the same train of thought as you with strawberry and Kiwi. Just had to post my variant for you to try as well.

Started with my V1 today:
FA Kiwi 3%
FA White Grape 1%
CAP Sweet Strawberry 3%

So far fresh it's vapable and quite nice but not there yet. V2 I'll be adding a low percentage of Dragonfruit to round it off.

Going to try your recipe as well. It sounds delicious.

EDIT: Your notes are more or less the same that I wanted to try with my juice. Looking forward to your results.

VU Sponsors