Supreme RDTA by SteamCrave

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
EJ you literally did not say use less cotton in that post. You said no matter how perfect my wicks are you get dry hits.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wicked the BOREAS with more cotton, because the JFC/AFC is more efficient and has a bigger deck/juice holes!
The supreme has a smaller deck/juice holes!
and u are correct, wicking effectively prevents dry hits, with that being said I rebuild my supreme
2x24/36 fc 3.0 id 5 wraps CBv2 at 85 watts no dry hits JFC fully open max vg, with less cotton...
If i go 100 watts it will get dry hits, that's my experienced, for U to dismissed wattage don't give dry hits is STUPID... Maybe ur using a wealthy cotton, PLEASE SHARE
READ

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Wrong post, I was referring to your post above mine when I said that. I'm using Cotton Bacon V2, and when I insert the cotton into the coil, I take scissors and cut like 30-45% of the volume of the coil cotton tails off. Cut along the side of the tails, not the ends. Once you've gotten the volume down, only use enough cotton to where each tail covers one hole. Don't roll your cotton, this will make it worse. You want your cotton as fluffy and absorbent as possible. You also didn't say you used less cotton you said less cotton. Less cotton than what? There's no given variable there. No comparison.

Coils do have limits, you may be getting burnt hits.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wrong post, I was referring to your post above mine when I said that. I'm using Cotton Bacon V2, and when I insert the cotton into the coil, I take scissors and cut like 30-45% of the volume of the coil cotton tails off. Cut along the side of the tails, not the ends. Once you've gotten the volume down, only use enough cotton to where each tail covers one hole. Don't roll your cotton, this will make it worse. You want your cotton as fluffy and absorbent as possible. You also didn't say you used less cotton you said less cotton. Less cotton than what? There's no given variable there. No comparison.

Coils do have limits, you may be getting burnt hits.
I never Roll my cotton, I think I got fake JAPANESE COTTON AND SHIT, good thing my cbv2 came on time, I was about to sell the supreme..

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I sold mine, I still have the mini 4ml version though.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's good now, thank you cbv2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Just make sure you cut 1/3 or so of the width of the cotton coil tails down and only use enough cotton to cover one hole per wick tail. Then, here's a great trick. Flip the deck upside down, and take something thin. LIGHTLY poke it through the wicking holes on the bottom of the deck, this will force the cotton up and away from the wicking holes, making it wick even better. I use this on the Supreme and Boreas. This trick is a godsend. Then, close the airflow completely and take a hard primer hit to get a suction action going. Once you do this it'll wick like a dream.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just make sure you cut 1/3 or so of the width of the cotton coil tails down and only use enough cotton to cover one hole per wick tail. Then, here's a great trick. Flip the deck upside down, and take something thin. LIGHTLY poke it through the wicking holes on the bottom of the deck, this will force the cotton up and away from the wicking holes, making it wick even better. I use this on the Supreme and Boreas. This trick is a godsend. Then, close the airflow completely and take a hard primer hit to get a suction action going. Once you do this it'll wick like a dream.
Ok thanks

SeniorBoy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
.....I'm using Cotton Bacon V2, and when I insert the cotton into the coil, I take scissors and cut like 30-45% of the volume of the coil cotton tails off. Cut along the side of the tails, not the ends. Once you've gotten the volume down, only use enough cotton to where each tail covers one hole. Don't roll your cotton, this will make it worse. You want your cotton as fluffy and absorbent as possible. You also didn't say you used less cotton you said less cotton. Less cotton than what? There's no given variable there. No comparison. Coils do have limits, you may be getting burnt hits.

Thanks for the tip. I'm going to do this on my next wick job and post some pics for the clan. I actually ran into dry hits with my Supreme because I was overlapping the tails and my KGD tails were very thick. Quick fix (no rewick), I just cut the tails shorter (no overlap) and did not rewick. Your way sounds like the final solution and much better. This was 50/50 juice, dual Horizontal Kanthals with ID of 3.mm, and relatively low wattage of 50.

:)

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the tip. I'm going to do this on my next wick job and post some pics for the clan. I actually ran into dry hits with my Supreme because I was overlapping the tails and my KGD tails were very thick. Quick fix (no rewick), I just cut the tails shorter (no overlap) and did not rewick. Your way sounds like the final solution and much better. This was 50/50 juice, dual Horizontal Kanthals with ID of 3.mm, and relatively low wattage of 50.

:)
Geez dry hits with a 50/50 EJUICE?
Men that's worst
Atleast I'm VAPING max vg
Interesting!

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
The game changing method is to take something thin, like a needle or a piece of kanthal, and once you've built and wicked the deck, install it into the tank and then poke it through all four wicking holes just lightly. Tuck the cotton down into the deck, THEN do this. As long as your coils can handle your wattage and airflow configuration, you will never get a dry hit.

Scratch88683

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I can run my supreme at 100 watts with fused ss claptons 2x26gss/32g ss id 3.5mm 6 or 7 wraps. that's will run at 100 watts no problem on the supreme if I wick properly and that's with Japanese cotton. Also 3 core fused claptons 3x26gN80/36gK I can go over 100 watts on the supreme again with proper wicking. The boreas with that build can probably hit 150 without burning. Gonna order so cbv2 when I get back from my vacation very curious on that stuff raymo was telling me about it

Scratch88683

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Both those builds are horizontal I hate verticle builds in the Supreme i have yet to try one in the boreas

SeniorBoy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
YEA ej! About 45ML and then both coils dry as a bone. KGD gets saturated and thick as mud.

As promised, here is my quickie "MN" build with the tails cut, fluffy, and each tail only covers a single juice hole. No overlap. Not perfect for my first cut job but close enough. Enjoy "clan" members:

Left side of the wick cut and a fluffy job;

one side cut-1.jpg

Primed and ready to rock and roll. So far so good :)

wick-1.jpg

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
You can allow the wicks to touch in the juice well of the deck, just don't let one wick overlap over the other and have two wicks covering more than one hold each. I find it's best to cut them to where they're JUST long enough to overlap a TOUCH amount inbetween the juice flow holes, but to where they have no overlap over the wicking holes. Then put the deck in the mod, poke the wicks upward with something thin through the juice flow holes, assemble the tank and fill it completely, wait a moment, turn the airflow completely off and give it a hard primer hit. The suction, combined with the wicking being SLIGHTLY raised above the holes (this is why I recommend you let the wicks touch and it gives more space between the deck and the cotton for optimal juice flow, but it also gives it no space for it to leak further into the deck.) and an appropriate amount of cotton, will literally guarantee you a saturated vape as long as A. Your wicks are still holding up (aren't old and used up) and B. You are running your coil at wattages it can handle.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
YEA ej! About 45ML and then both coils dry as a bone. KGD gets saturated and thick as mud.

As promised, here is my quickie "MN" build with the tails cut, fluffy, and each tail only covers a single juice hole. No overlap. Not perfect for my first cut job but close enough. Enjoy "clan" members:

Left side of the wick cut and a fluffy job;

View attachment 49546

Primed and ready to rock and roll. So far so good :)

View attachment 49547
That looks perfect senior

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
7aa9d354dbb164b1e11b831bb25c8dd8.jpg
f18c94e3a759ab2312a6bfcf38c7cd01.jpg

60\40pg 2.5 id FC 2x24/36 NICHROME
I played safe this time 95 watts
Wet VAPE ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you guys experiencing condensation or leaking near afc? Sometimes i see very small amount of juice after i set my afc and wet my fingers. I tried wicking with overlapping tails and with short tails just enough to cover juice holes but ended with same result. Tried with different airflow size and still same result.

Scratch88683

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Do you guys experiencing condensation or leaking near afc? Sometimes i see very small amount of juice after i set my afc and wet my fingers. I tried wicking with overlapping tails and with short tails just enough to cover juice holes but ended with same result. Tried with different airflow size and still same result.
I don't have that issue my supreme to my surprise. Only time it ever leaked was once and it was when I left it laying on its side. Even then I probably didn't have it wicked properly.

VU Sponsors