Become a Patron!

SXmini - G Class - Dual 18650 200W

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Im having trouble using temp control on my g-class. I am using 316l and put it into joules mode, have it set to 316l. 70 joules at 450f. All it says is no liquid, i tried using the tcr same problem. Anyone know whats going on??

Hope its the resistance setting, but that was what convinced me to return the one I had that also went to the lock screen mid-vape.
Varitube was extremely nice with it. I could either return it or let them send a new one if it proved defective and not user error.
Since I liked the fit, finish, feel, etc, I have a new one coming after they looked at the original. It'll be here Monday.
Yihi, on the other hand, is still sending me email asking me to make sure I have liquid in my tank, to check if it is fastened tightly, to make sure I have SS selected instead of Ni or Ti. I just play along as Varitube has made me happy.

Now, the pressing of the joystick to set resistance is a nuisance, they should have made it flatter I think.

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
This is probably a dumb question, but are you locking the resistance by pressing/holding down the loystick?

Cheers,
Steve
Im an idiot, i thought i was locking the resistance but i geuss i wasnt. Not sure i am still but i held down the joystick and it said reset resistance and i clicked the joystick to ok and now its running fine in temp. I need to make sure how to lock the resistance in.
Set your resistance. Chances are the res is set too low...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
You know how to lock the resistance ??

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hope its the resistance setting, but that was what convinced me to return the one I had that also went to the lock screen mid-vape.
Varitube was extremely nice with it. I could either return it or let them send a new one if it proved defective and not user error.
Since I liked the fit, finish, feel, etc, I have a new one coming after they looked at the original. It'll be here Monday.
Yihi, on the other hand, is still sending me email asking me to make sure I have liquid in my tank, to check if it is fastened tightly, to make sure I have SS selected instead of Ni or Ti. I just play along as Varitube has made me happy.

Now, the pressing of the joystick to set resistance is a nuisance, they should have made it flatter I think.
I hope thats not the case with mine, mine is actually running fine in temp mode now. I held down the joystick and it said reset resistance and now its working. How do you lock the resistance in??

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Holding the Joystick down is how you lock it in TC. You must do that every time you switch atomizers in joule mode.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
That's how you do it. Glad it's working well for you.
Thanks guys, i did that and its working flawlessly. I wasnt sure because when i did hold the joystick down it would say reset temp, and not lock temp. So that was a bit confusing but all is well that ends well.

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks guys, i did that and its working flawlessly. I wasnt sure because when i did hold the joystick down it would say reset temp, and not lock temp. So that was a bit confusing but all is well that ends well.
Sorry I didn't answer earlier... I don't have the G, but know of the issue with ither YiHi boards... I have the Q and a bunch of iPV...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

XEVU

Equal Opportunity Offender
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I read the SX mini web page and FB page. It looks like the Android app is out for the Q but I didn't see anything about the G. I'm wanting to get a G class, just waiting on android.
One thing I couldn't find was I'd the Q and G class use the same app.

sent from craptastic taptalk

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I read the SX mini web page and FB page. It looks like the Android app is out for the Q but I didn't see anything about the G. I'm wanting to get a G class, just waiting on android.
One thing I couldn't find was I'd the Q and G class use the same app.

sent from craptastic taptalk
the app is in beta for the G class

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
SXmini G Class V5.500 Upgrade features:

1.Added Bypass mode ,After your device upgraded, long push down the joystick for 5 seconds for switch back to power mode.

2. Support low resistance down to 0.05ohm.

3. Added screen dimming feature, the display will blackout when setting the brightness to 0.

4. Enable users to turn off the SXmini backlight when the brightness setting lower than 3.

5. When the Bluetooth is on without connecting to the device, the standby time will synchronize with the standby setting time instead of 2 minutes.

6. Fasten the Display bright up speed, no delay when pressing the fire button.

7. Fasten the firing time and firing response speed.

8. Shorten the standby time to 10 seconds.

9. Fixed the display bugs on Configuration 4 and Configuration 5.

10. Fixed some bugs on the previous firmware and improve the product reliability.

XEVU

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sweet. Thanks for letting us know!

BTW. I'm sure Tyson will be around soon with his Official opinion and link to his review.
Have a blessed day!

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sweet. Thanks for letting us know!

BTW. I'm sure Tyson will be around soon with his Official opinion and link to his review.
Have a blessed day!
You too buddy :cheers:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just a heads up about the update. If when you are done the mod says BYPASS on the screen, you need to press the joystick down and hold it 5 seconds to exit that mode. By down I mean pull it down not push it in.

XEVU

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LoL. Thanks Jack, I had to reconnect it to the computer and do it manually.

Have a blessed day!

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just a heads up about the update. If when you are done the mod says BYPASS on the screen, you need to press the joystick down and hold it 5 seconds to exit that mode. By down I mean pull it down not push it in.

It's in the update notes I posted ;)

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It's in the update notes I posted ;)
I know Rixsta but to be honest I missed it, so I figure maybe someone else would as well. That's why I reposted it but make no mistake about it, you get the credit on this one. I'm just glad someone figured it out because for about 20 minutes I was at a loss. Lol.

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know Rixsta but to be honest I missed it, so I figure maybe someone else would as well. That's why I reposted it but make no mistake about it, you get the credit on this one. I'm just glad someone figured it out because for about 20 minutes I was at a loss. Lol.

All good buddy but I meant it's in the actual update notes from Yihi, that was a direct copy and paste so no credit for me....

Vucci

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok needs more watts. I vape up to 130 with my cloud beast.
This is what I'm talking about. It's starts at about the 59 minute mark. When a mod pulses on and off it gives you the hiss/rattlesnake effect and some people notice it. I'm not saying everyone cares or feels it. That's why they make a lot of different mods. Different strokes for different folks.

Im a Lil late to this thread and didn't see a clear answer for your question. So Phil is using the Yihi device wrong. That's why you can't assume the workings of one mod to be the workings of another brand.

In Pfm/buck boost. You want a smooth stable vape can be easily achieved by first setting your temperature then slowly increase the joules until you think it can hit your temperature in the time it take for you to press fire.

Phil set his wattage to the max (DNA users do this) and then try and regulate his temperature. It's possible like Phil showe on Yihi but the vape won't be as smooth as if he set it to like 65 Joules or something.

Hope that helps why Phil approach was wrong. And as an expert I thought Phil should know better too. But that's a different story.

XEVU

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
SXmini G Class V5.500 Upgrade features:

1.Added Bypass mode ,After your device upgraded, long push down the joystick for 5 seconds for switch back to power mode.

2. Support low resistance down to 0.05ohm.

3. Added screen dimming feature, the display will blackout when setting the brightness to 0.

4. Enable users to turn off the SXmini backlight when the brightness setting lower than 3.

5. When the Bluetooth is on without connecting to the device, the standby time will synchronize with the standby setting time instead of 2 minutes.

6. Fasten the Display bright up speed, no delay when pressing the fire button.

7. Fasten the firing time and firing response speed.

8. Shorten the standby time to 10 seconds.

9. Fixed the display bugs on Configuration 4 and Configuration 5.

10. Fixed some bugs on the previous firmware and improve the product reliability.
I really like #4

kathibg57

Member For 4 Years
Luckily it works perfectly and is the best built mod I own, I'll be dead before it stops working.
Now that it's May 2017 are you still feeling the same way about your G Series?? I was so generously gifted with a well used but still totally functional M series and a new blue Q Series (my xmas, birthday, whatever day present) and absolutely love them both! The M series is the one I generally take outside with me but I rarely take the Q Series out of the house (I'm very good at dropping my mods or they can get knocked around in my pocketbook and since it still looks brand new, I want to try to keep it looking that way!) I really prefer the YiHi chips over the DNAs and am saving my pennies (literally) for a G Series thus my reason for asking if you still feel the same way about your G Series 6(?) months later, especially with the fire button placement and the the 'joystick' (joyball?)

kathibg57

Member For 4 Years

I am sorry to hear about the issues you've had with your G Series and I couldn't agree with you more about the joystick (ball?) being designed differently... a nice flat, slightly larger design might be really nice for those of us with big fingers!

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now that it's May 2017 are you still feeling the same way about your G Series?? I was so generously gifted with a well used but still totally functional M series and a new blue Q Series (my xmas, birthday, whatever day present) and absolutely love them both! The M series is the one I generally take outside with me but I rarely take the Q Series out of the house (I'm very good at dropping my mods or they can get knocked around in my pocketbook and since it still looks brand new, I want to try to keep it looking that way!) I really prefer the YiHi chips over the DNAs and am saving my pennies (literally) for a G Series thus my reason for asking if you still feel the same way about your G Series 6(?) months later, especially with the fire button placement and the the 'joystick' (joyball?)
Hi Kath, I still love my G Class, it's a solid device but it's not perfect, the joystick is OK, maybe it could of been slightly smaller but no biggie, the fire button is in the perfect place for me. The board on a whole is sound but my main complaint is the paint on the gun metal version, no matter how you baby it, the finish does mark, especially underneath where you take the batteries out and around the edge from placing it down, I think the paint could of been better for the money. My custom DNA box mod doesn't have a single mark on it for example after 14 months of use.

If I could see my time again, I would get the stainless steel version.

Really though, it's an awesome mod, especially for 30mm atty's, I guess if you wanted something cheaper though, the IJoy Captain might be something to look at.

XEVU

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ya, I use my SXmini G and mech tubes exclusively now. I recently bought a Arthas tube mech which is 30mm so I now use 30mm RDAs and RTAs on both. I use coils that perform best between 60-80W so the battery life is excellent.
I couldn't be happier with my SXmini G class!

ttatlanta

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Any idea if they're going to allow custom wallpapers any time soon? The stock ones are quite horrible, to be honest.

dclopez6600

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They have a new update for the G class V6.600 but beware I applied it because of the updates that they said were included wallpaper too and now my unit is bricked. The screen says please upgrade UI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

dclopez6600

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
d80514b263a9dc65cde13899099e339d.jpg

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
d80514b263a9dc65cde13899099e339d.jpg

Looks like that is happening to a lot of people. One guy was able to revert back to 5.5 to get it working again.

Thanks for posting and sorry to see what happened to yours

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I tried the new update but got the same result. Luckily I was able to reload 5.5 firmware and my G is back up and running. Dammmmmit Yihi, sort your shit out

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Saw this over at ecf, someone there got the update to work:

quite a screwy process, one that certainly needed some documentation.

not sure if the new app is required or not, but I used it anyway, drivers from previous version are fine.
Down load both installer, and firmware.
Install the new SXIQ
do a normal update, at this point you should see the Update Ui..... message
disconnect and reconnect your G, go to update again, should see a new message something to the effect of what you see on your G

reopen the 6.6 FW and a apply a second time this update will take much longer then what is usual.

done...

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Glad i read this before i went ahead and tried to update mine. I hope Yihi gets it worked out. I would love to put custom wallpaper on it.

VapeNMirrors

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sucks there are issues but the good news to this is that it appears to be a step toward customization. The UI elements appear to be upgradable independently as a separate software module. So hopefully we'll see that in SXi-Q.

XEVU

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LoL. I think I'll wait a while to update mine. It's working great and the screen pic really isn't an issue to me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
SUCCESS!

Like what was said before when you get the update UI on the screen make sure the batteries are in and the sxi-q is still on the upgrade screen. Plug it back in and then the sxi-q program detects then gives you a choice so pick update to bew system then you have to select it again. Took awhile like others mentioned but it works.

fd15ac1cd0940febe5bbe2e5f888c8d8.jpg

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
SUCCESS!

Like what was said before when you get the update UI on the screen make sure the batteries are in and the sxi-q is still on the upgrade screen. Plug it back in and then the sxi-q program detects then gives you a choice so pick update to bew system then you have to select it again. Took awhile like others mentioned but it works.

fd15ac1cd0940febe5bbe2e5f888c8d8.jpg

fuck i like that screen

VU Sponsors