Become a Patron!

t3s vs kanger original single coils for tiny tanks?

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
ATM, I'm using a variety of tiny 1.5 - 2.5 or 3ml tanks, some of which are made by smoktech (think the smallest cheapest tanks they make) and some similar, but generic, tiny tanks from china.

I'm reasonably confident that either of these two types of coil will fit into most of my tanks, but have sometimes had trouble with regular old kanger single coils not-fitting into the smoktech tanks.

My question is: which of the two types of prefab coil below is more likely to fit into a wider range of tiny, cheap tank? I re-started vaping again recently and am doing it this way for simplicity's sake and to save money.

example of kanger old-timey single coil: http://www.vaporbeast.com/kanger-protank-evod-unitank-socc-replacement-coil-5-pack.html

example of t3s: http://www.vaporbeast.com/kanger-t3s-tocc-replacement-coil-5-pack.html

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Actually the first link is a new style using cotton wicks.
The old originals were using silica wicks with flavor wicks added on top of the coil inside, and were mostly crap.
The cotton ones should be much better than the other.

The second one looks like the same thing tho, also using cotton.

They fit in my Davide:http://www.gotvapes.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=151_314&products_id=1816

I like to change the drip tip on this to the Delrin tho.
anyvapedavide_1.png

And I use this base with it:http://www.discountvapers.com/kanger-airflow-control-valve-v1/
DiscountVapers.com_kangervalve1__70435.1411401600.1280.1280.jpg

Not sure what the Smoktech is supposed to use tho, but they do look the same.

Last edited:

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
ah, thanks Heabob. You're right about the cotton wicks. I am more concerned, though, with the shape/size of the coil unit than what kind of wick it has, and considering the price is about the same for all of them (assuming I can find the regular oldstyle kanger ones, I just want to stop fiddling with coils, if possible. I know the smok tanks I have will fit smok coils, but they usually fit kanger single coils as well.
(& I'm not buying anymore smok coils because they only fit in the smok tanks, with some exceptions. Plus they're more money and they are easily confused with kanger coils).

Are the two I posted generally good for protank mini clone type tanks? (All my tanks could probably be characterized as such) Or is one better? No matter what I do, I keep having seal issues and I'm at a place where I just want it to be easy--like sunday morning or smoking cigarettes.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ah, thanks Heabob. You're right about the cotton wicks. I am more concerned, though, with the shape/size of the coil unit than what kind of wick it has, and considering the price is about the same for all of them (assuming I can find the regular oldstyle kanger ones, I just want to stop fiddling with coils, if possible. I know the smok tanks I have will fit smok coils, but they usually fit kanger single coils as well.
(& I'm not buying anymore smok coils because they only fit in the smok tanks, with some exceptions. Plus they're more money and they are easily confused with kanger coils).

Are the two I posted generally good for protank mini clone type tanks? (All my tanks could probably be characterized as such) Or is one better? No matter what I do, I keep having seal issues and I'm at a place where I just want it to be easy--like sunday morning or smoking cigarettes.

They (the Kanger ones) should fit in the PT Mini also.
And the cotton ones won't leak, flood, or gurgle, usually.
But the Smok heads may have slightly different threads IDK.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
okies...thanx :) I've sent mail to the seller. Maybe they can tell me. Either way, worst case scenario is I continue along with some coils fitting some tanks. Not the end of the world.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
okies...thanx :) I've sent mail to the seller. Maybe they can tell me. Either way, worst case scenario is I continue along with some coils fitting some tanks. Not the end of the world.

My only other thought would be to switch over to the other Kanger type tanks, and shelf the Smok tanks.
Rather than fighting with compatibility issues.
The Davide is only like 7 bucks:D.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My only other thought would be to switch over to the other Kanger type tanks, and shelf the Smok tanks.
Rather than fighting with compatibility issues.
The Davide is only like 7 bucks:D.
Actually, that's mostly what I'm doing. Well, more or less. I have a bunch of those small cheapies, a protank, and something called "Anytank", I believe. I might have that wrong. But it's made by Davide and is similar to a regular protank. I've just been sidelining the smok tanks... forever, I guess. Or until I happen upon that bunch of coils I bought from them ages ago, soaked and burned but never changed the wicks on. Now where is that little jelly jar? I guess I'll find it when I move :)

VU Sponsors