Become a Patron!

TFA fruit circles too lemony

Baba Fats

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I found a recipe for fruit loops that I have been dying to try. Unfortunately, I accidentally picked up TFA fruit circles with milk, and I can't get it to taste right at all. So I finally picked up the regular fruit circles. I had to stop myself from tasting it right away, and let it steep overnight with the cap off.

Today I gave it a test hit, and the flavor mix it good, but the cereal is way too lemony for my taste. Has anyone found a good way to cut down on that taste, or does it go away with more steeping?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I found a recipe for fruit loops that I have been dying to try. Unfortunately, I accidentally picked up TFA fruit circles with milk, and I can't get it to taste right at all. So I finally picked up the regular fruit circles. I had to stop myself from tasting it right away, and let it steep overnight with the cap off.

Today I gave it a test hit, and the flavor mix it good, but the cereal is way too lemony for my taste. Has anyone found a good way to cut down on that taste, or does it go away with more steeping?
Not to sound rude, or poke fun, but did you try it with the Fruit Circles with Milk? i just wonder if that one would taste more mild?

Baba Fats

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not rude at all. I did first. I tried 6 different mixes with the one with milk. I tried tweaking just about every ingredient, and it just doesn't come out good. I tend to like a little more orange in my fruit loops, so I tried cutting down on the circles, and adding a touch of CAP orange to one recipe and FW orange to another. Still nothing tastes good.

I've found some other recipes that don't use fruit circles or berry crunch at all, but I'm still waiting for some of the ingredients. And I did pick up FW fruit rings, but haven't tried it yet. I tasted the concentrate out of the bottle, and it tastes a lot like TFA, but much less of that lemon pledge aftertaste

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I tried it at the average of 7%. The lemon does tone down after a month steep. But I just couldn't enjoy that chemical underlining taste. That I taste in 90% of their flavorings.

Baba Fats

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
After a month? I don't mind steeping juice, But why that long? Why can some pre made juice be vaped out of the mail using, what I think, are the same ingredients?

Do you have experience with FW fruit rings?

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
After a month? I don't mind steeping juice, But why that long? Why can some pre made juice be vaped out of the mail using, what I think, are the same ingredients?

Do you have experience with FW fruit rings?
Some flavoring notes take that long to combine. I know it's a pain in the ass. I had to wait over a month for my favorite butterscotch to taste right. First week it tastes like butter. Then it disappears, and all I taste is scotch with no sweetness. Then the juice turns pinkish orange. Throw that on an atty and MAN !! I'm in heaven ! :D

I haven't tried the FW Fruit Rings, but I'm really enjoying their Crunchberries. I did read good reviews on the rings though. ;)

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Many of the Lemon flavors will fade after some time, but it's somewhat variable from a week to a month.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't know about a month, but Fruit Circles needs at least a week to calm down...mine gets a little help from EM and FA Cookie...

trecenters

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor

I can vape it at 1.5% with a heavy creme, EM, and other fruits. I still hate it just as much as I hate Looper. It is just not a good cereal flavor if you don't like that Pledge Lemon smell. If you don't like the smell at all you should ditch trying to use it and maybe look around for a better recipe. If you like the smell try it at a lower percent and add some other things to it.

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/flavor/37042?exclsingle=0&filter=0&sort=score&direction=desc#reclist
Sort by rating at the bottom to get some ideas.

Sadly, I haven't mixed a decent froot loops recipe yet. I am working on more of a Pebbles recipe. Still researching a few things so I don't miss any ideas in my order. I know it is very possible because of finding Slurp by JUS at a local B&M. Best froot loops/pebbles mix to date and can't tell at all what is used.

Baba Fats

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I haven't tried the OG Looper, but the recipe I have is for a clone of it, and one for Tonguefuck. I'll let these steep for a while longer and see how they mature. And I'll give the same recipe a shot with the FW hoops instead. If they don't work out, I may need to scrap those juices.

I have a few recipes that don't use any cereal flavors that I want to ttry before ditching that idea for a while

trecenters

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
I haven't tried the OG Looper, but the recipe I have is for a clone of it, and one for Tonguefuck. I'll let these steep for a while longer and see how they mature. And I'll give the same recipe a shot with the FW hoops instead. If they don't work out, I may need to scrap those juices.

I have a few recipes that don't use any cereal flavors that I want to ttry before ditching that idea for a while

Yeah, Taste is a very subjective thing my friend. I myself can't handle but half the percentages of what "most" people use. My threshold is lower. I actually sometimes can't taste the juice if mixed at the higher percentage because it kills my taste receptors. Flavor will do that to everyone if the percentage is high enough. You will hear the term "less is more" quite often. Sometimes if it don't kill the receptors for a short time it will taste like medicine instead if the percentage is too high.

I mixed Jacksters Cereal Killer Clone the one with FE Lemon and it was just too much lemon. If that is too much lemon you may want to try this one.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DIY_eJuice/comments/35p1he/a_lomage_to_hooper/

Hooper by Shrine399
(70VG/30PG)

• Berry Crunch (TFA) - 4% (5% for those impatient, who want shake and vape
  • Hazelnut (FW) - 2%
  • Marshmallow (TFA) - 2%
  • Yellow Cake (FW) - 1%
  • Meringue (FA) - 2%
  • Fresh Cream (FA) - 1%
  • Orange Cream (TFA) - 0.5%
  • Strawberry Ripe (TFA) - 0.5%

I hope it works out for you as it does many people. I may just be picky. :p

Baba Fats

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I know about the "less is more" issue. I generally won't use a recipe if it calls for more than 20% total flavoring. I try to stay between 12-18% when I can.

Thanks for that recipe. How is yellow cake? I just bought some, but haven't used it yet. I hear that it clogs coils up really fast. Which isn't hard to imagine, since my Vape Wild Fruit Hoops clogs my 28g coil in my Taifun in 3 days. Have you tried FW Marshmallow? I only have that one since it doesn't have Acetoin or Diacetyl in it

trecenters

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
I know about the "less is more" issue. I generally won't use a recipe if it calls for more than 20% total flavoring. I try to stay between 12-18% when I can.

Thanks for that recipe. How is yellow cake? I just bought some, but haven't used it yet. I hear that it clogs coils up really fast. Which isn't hard to imagine, since my Vape Wild Fruit Hoops clogs my 28g coil in my Taifun in 3 days. Have you tried FW Marshmallow? I only have that one since it doesn't have Acetoin or Diacetyl in it

Very similar to TFA Vanilla Cupcake. I would actually sub one for the other. Most people seem to go with FW though.

Yellow Cake is just a Vanilla Flavor with a Cake taste. Like a Cupcake without the Icing.

That is being used in this because Vanilla is used in Froot Loops and the cake is trying to makeup for the lack of actual cereal flavor.

Other Bakery Cereal bases would be stuff like:
kettle corn TFA
special flakes OOO
Cereal HC "Health Cabin"
Frosted Doughnut CAP
Cookie FA
Toasted Marshmellow TFA
Crunch Cereal FLV

Baba Fats

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am waiting for cookie and yellow cake in the mail. I'll give them a try, too. I have TFA berry crunch, and like it more than my rice crunchies, but haven't mixed a great recipe with it yet.

I'm just dying to find that ADV recipe. I started off liking fruit flavors most, but now I just need more complexity.

trecenters

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
I am waiting for cookie and yellow cake in the mail. I'll give them a try, too. I have TFA berry crunch, and like it more than my rice crunchies, but haven't mixed a great recipe with it yet.

I'm just dying to find that ADV recipe. I started off liking fruit flavors most, but now I just need more complexity.

Same here bud, I am guessing you quit smoking also? I know I couldn't vape fruit for the first month. Tobacco, Spearmint, and Menthol were my ADV. I got to where I finally liked fruits and a few month later I can't do anything that doesn't have a complex palette of at least three flavor categories.

For instance Chocolate, Vanilla, Fruit, or ect... of some kind mixed with a Cream and a Bakery..

I sometimes do a cream without bakery or vice versa but my favorites usually include all three things.

Baba Fats

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I quit November 2014. I started vaping menthol tobacco, since that's what I smoked, but it only lasted about 2 months. Then I switched to fruits. They lasted the longest. I only started with more complex flavors a few months ago. Now when I vape a straight fruit blend, with no cream or other notes, it gets old really fast. Sometimes it eve leaves a perfumey taste in my mouth.

I can't do chocolate flavors. I hate chocolate in real life, so a vapeable chocolate is not for me. But I do always want a fruity note to my vapes, even if it's mild

I'm only new here because I am getting sick of ECF. I am a political junkie, but my politics don't mesh with the majority of the people there, so I decided to join here too.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I quit November 2014. I started vaping menthol tobacco, since that's what I smoked, but it only lasted about 2 months. Then I switched to fruits. They lasted the longest. I only started with more complex flavors a few months ago. Now when I vape a straight fruit blend, with no cream or other notes, it gets old really fast. Sometimes it eve leaves a perfumey taste in my mouth.

I can't do chocolate flavors. I hate chocolate in real life, so a vapeable chocolate is not for me. But I do always want a fruity note to my vapes, even if it's mild

I'm only new here because I am getting sick of ECF. I am a political junkie, but my politics don't mesh with the majority of the people there, so I decided to join here too.
Well welcome to the Underground - if your politics didn't fly there they probably won't here either, but most of us are civil enough to keep that kind of thing out of most conversations, especially here in DIY.

trecenters

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
I hate chocolate in real life..

:eek:

I think that is the first time I have ever heard that statement. :p

Starting out you may want to try one of the easy strawberry milk or strawberry cupcake recipes. I don't think anyone could mess up on one of the many Unicorn Milk or Mother's Milk clones.

Baba Fats

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have made a unicorn ilk with raspberry as the primary and a hint of strawberry, and it turned out pretty good. I have nothing against strawberry, but I'd rather it be a secondary flavor. I'm really looking for a blueberry recipe. I have tried 5 different blueberries, none work perfectly. I have a bluberry pie mix steeping that is pretty good, but I think I need to decrease the berry and increase the pie flavor

trecenters

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
I have made a unicorn ilk with raspberry as the primary and a hint of strawberry, and it turned out pretty good. I have nothing against strawberry, but I'd rather it be a secondary flavor. I'm really looking for a blueberry recipe. I have tried 5 different blueberries, none work perfectly. I have a bluberry pie mix steeping that is pretty good, but I think I need to decrease the berry and increase the pie flavor

Look into "Flavorah Boysenberry" to mix with Blueberry :. Great for mixing with fruits, or with bakery flavors for a jam filling.

I also hear their Blueberry Muffin is good. Blueberry Muffin

Baba Fats

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I haven't tried anything from Flavorah yet. I'm a bit weary about them since they don't say if they contain acetoin or diacetyl. Is that because none of their flavors do, or do they just not specify? I typically buy from BCV because they mark those ingredients with bold images

trecenters

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Yep, Can't blame you for that. I am one of those who don't care. Flavor is like 15% of a Mix and those chemicals are only a percentage of the concentrate. 100 times lower than that of tobacco. My wife still smokes so I am sure I am getting more Diacetyl from second hand smoke.

At least I have an excuse for a divorce if I ever need it. You Popcorn Lungin Me Woman!!

Baba Fats

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My wife still smokes too, so I am definitely getting some second hand chemicals. Unfortunately she has no interest in vaping. I got her to try it when I first started, but she hated it. I think my nic level was just too strong for her, but it put her off for good Plus I live in Philly, so I am already at risk because of the dirty city air.

I tend to chain vape a ton. I go through about 20ml a day. So those ingredients would add up quickly. I'm not afraid of popcorn lung. It's something people get when they are exposed in super high industrial concentrations for years on end. But until e-liquid has gone through rigorous testing, and enough years have passed to really know the danger, I'd rather be safe. I know it won't come out being perfectly safe, but I am a safety nut when it comes to my lab supplies (at home or work)

trecenters

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
My Wife gets fluid buildup in her lungs from vaping or maybe the switch from dry smoke to vapor does it. She can't do patches because she is allergic to the adhesive. She tried gum but it gives her blisters. For all I know she may be allergic to NIC, she smokes them Mistys that are weak but they are giving her lung issues also. Chantex gives her nightmares.

It is a loose loose for her. Only possibility is cold turkey.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Have you tried mixing 2 different Blueberries together yet?
I like to use TFA Blueberry Wild mixed with either CAP or FW at a 1/1 ratio.

Baba Fats

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My wife just coughed like crazy when she tried it. So it was either the nic level being too high, or she's allergic to PG. I used to use 50:50, I've since upped the VG and lowered my nic to 1.5mg, but she still won't try it again

I have tried that mix. It's actally what made my blueberry pie better. I have them at 3% each, but my TFA cheesecake (Graham crust) is only 4%. I wanted a better pie crust but the only one I found so far has Diacetyl in it. Any idea on a good pie crust? Or what could I mix to make a crust?

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
My wife just coughed like crazy when she tried it. So it was either the nic level being too high, or she's allergic to PG. I used to use 50:50, I've since upped the VG and lowered my nic to 1.5mg, but she still won't try it again

I have tried that mix. It's actally what made my blueberry pie better. I have them at 3% each, but my TFA cheesecake (Graham crust) is only 4%. I wanted a better pie crust but the only one I found so far has Diacetyl in it. Any idea on a good pie crust? Or what could I mix to make a crust?

FW Pie Crust isn't too bad but not sure it would work.
Many here use FA Apple Pie + FA Cookie.
Getting the crust flavor is quite difficult IMO.

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
7% lemon is just way too high % it would take a lot of steeping time to settle it down. The higher the % the longer the steep. I usually make my juices so not to require steeping to 4 day max. If you will vape the bottle of juice in a month or less 2% is plenty.

Baba Fats

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I agree with it being high. I tried my cereal clone with 7% fruit circles, and the lemon is way out of control. I am looking forward to trying out Jacksters Fruit Loops clone which I see doesn't use it, but only 3% FE lemon (which I don't have yet

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I agree with it being high. I tried my cereal clone with 7% fruit circles, and the lemon is way out of control. I am looking forward to trying out Jacksters Fruit Loops clone which I see doesn't use it, but only 3% FE lemon (which I don't have yet

FE Lemon is highly touted for it's staying power.
It doesn't fade like many others do IMO.

Baba Fats

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
How about their other flavors? And do you know about diacetyl? Most lemon I have seen is clear of it, but better to know

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
How about their other flavors? And do you know about diacetyl? Most lemon I have seen is clear of it, but better to know

Many FE flavors are good but unsure about baddies because, for the most part, they're not listed anywhere I don't think.
I really don't pay much attention to that anymore.
Stick with FA, or other brands that have more disclosure, if it's a concern for you.

VU Sponsors