Become a Patron!

TFA vs. CAP concentrations

Baba Fats

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am a newbie to the DIY world. I've made well over 50 recipes in the last 3 months, and only 1 of them came out good, and that was someone else's creation. I just tweaked one of the flavors because I didn't have it from the recommended company.

That is what I'm looking at right now. I want to try a recipe I found, but All of the ingredients are TFA, and I went on a fruit buying binge a while ago, and most of the ones I need, I have from CAP.

Of course the exact flavor will not be the same, but before I proceed I'm wondering if I can use the same ratios.

The original recipe is
Cantaloupe (TPA) 5.5%
(I have this in CAP)
Guava (FW) 5.5%
(I have this in TFA)
Honeydew (TPA) 5.5%
(I have this in CAP)
Kiwi (TPA) 1%
Sweet Cream (TPA) 2.5%
Watermelon (TPA) 1%
(I have this in both FW and CAP)

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hiya, Fats! Great moniker.

While I'm not a fan of fruits, someone who is wil be along shortly for the comparison you've requested.

I've been vaping for a while but into DIY just in the past year. What I discovered is that it is far more economical to buy flavorings for a particular recipe (or better yet, a few with similar ingredients) rather than buying yummy flavors then seeking a fit for them.

Substitutions are OK when flavors and strengths are similar bit often, one companies apple will be quite unlike anothers'. In any event, a veteran who knows his or her fruits will clue you in on the flavorings you've listed.

Enjoy the journey. It's a real kick in the pants, I promise, and worth the minimal effort involved. :)

Last edited:

Baba Fats

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks. It's hard to use nowadays, since it has the term "baba" in it. Most sites think I'm spamming from Alibaba
I agree with you about fruits in general. I started vaping plain fruits, and fruit blends. But now they all just seem to be lacking. For the past few months I've been on a cereal and cake binge. Still with fruit cores, but not just the fruit juice effect.

I'm interested it trying this particular one out for both me and a friend. I haven't had a melon flavor in over a year, so I figure I'll give it a try. And if I don't like it, I'm sure someone I know will pay me enough to cover the costs of the flavors

Last edited:

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm thinking those percentages are way too high. And it may not turn out as well as you expected.

Personally, I would start at 2% (or less) on the first three flavors in your list.

I only have one recipe that goes above 10% total flavoring, regardless of how many I put in.

Just my thoughts

Baba Fats

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've heard others say that they use less flavors. I try and stick to between 10-20 max. I never go above 20 total, but most of the more recent recipes I'm looking at are much less.

What I'm looking for is whether I can use the same concentrations with my ingredients as the original calls for

VU Sponsors