Become a Patron!

tfv16 coils burning with recommended vg/pg

on my wismec rx300 im running a smok tfv16 with the single mesh coil rated at 120w (best coil ive tried so far) which calls for 70/30 according to the instruction manual for the tank. the coils seem to not wick that great and burn fast but when i tried 75/25 it leaked like crazy which doesent make since to me because wouldnt that be thicker? any suggestions? contemplating trying 60/40 but again i dont want to deal with leaking.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
on my wismec rx300 im running a smok tfv16 with the single mesh coil rated at 120w (best coil ive tried so far) which calls for 70/30 according to the instruction manual for the tank. the coils seem to not wick that great and burn fast but when i tried 75/25 it leaked like crazy which doesent make since to me because wouldnt that be thicker? any suggestions? contemplating trying 60/40 but again i dont want to deal with leaking.

What's your wattage?

For the leaking, close the airflow before you open the cap to fill the tank. After you fill and close the top, turn the tank upside down for a few seconds. While it is still upside down, open the airflow, then slowly turn the tank rightside up and put it back on your mod.

Anytime you get dry hits, the juice is not keeping the wick saturated enough to keep up with either the air or the temperature you're vaping at. Turn your watts down and tighten your airflow a little, and try not to chain vape. You'll get better flavor that way, too.

If by 70/30 you mean 70VG, 30PG, that should be fine, and yes 75 VG, 25PG is thicker. It may just be that the vacuum inside the tank didn't get properly established. That's what turning the tank upside down does.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If running at or close to 120W drop the wattage.
What is printed on the coils is a perfect world number or a dream number I am not sure which.

with all factory coils start at the low end and work you way up until you get a good vape.
And vaping at or around maximum wattage will always shorten coil life. vs vaping at a lower wattage.

Actually with non factory coils as well :)

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also when putting in a new coil make sure it is well saturated with juice and start low on the wattage and gradually work up to a good vape.
After you find the correct good vape wattage for that variety of coil always start a bit lower with a new coil, kind of a break in period and your coil will last longer.

VU Sponsors