Become a Patron!

TFV4 mini RBA base: Spaced vs Contact Clapton coils

danblas

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just got my TFV4 mini kit, and right now im using the CLP2 coil that came in the tank. I really want to get the RBA base working though. It has a spaced Clapton coil in it and I was hoping someone could enlighten me if it was better for flavor than a contact Clapton. I have Clapton wire but would hate to waste any. I have googled it and found people saying mostly that spaced Clapton was better for flavor??? Please let me know...Thank you!

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just got my TFV4 mini kit, and right now im using the CLP2 coil that came in the tank. I really want to get the RBA base working though. It has a spaced Clapton coil in it and I was hoping someone could enlighten me if it was better for flavor than a contact Clapton. I have Clapton wire but would hate to waste any. I have googled it and found people saying mostly that spaced Clapton was better for flavor??? Please let me know...Thank you!
Dude use the SMOK with the pre built coils the RBA sucks, it's design to SUCK...

Vape On

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LOL, i do like the pre built coils
I had my mini for like a month
Last night was the first time I decided to use my pre built tri coil, LOVING IT MAN... if U wanna built ur own coil get a RTA sub ohm tank, you get the whole benefit
Griffin
Crius
MTANKs by indulgence and many more
Not the SMOK
Cuz it will suck

Vape On

Brian8474

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The Smok RBA is just to small. If you want to buid get an RDA or the Griffin RTA That thisng is sharp! I personally have a Velocity RDA on the way. Cant wait to try it.

danblas

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I received the RCA which is the Clapton RBA. Not sure why they would call it that but it is an updated version of the RBA. I built it out with a spaced Clapton coil with 5 wraps on a 3mm ID. Its honestly pretty good, sure I cant compare it to my Aromamizer but I do enjoy it. I would never have bought the TFV4 mini kit i actually won it on a giveaway Koopor did. For now Im using the stock coil but its nice to know the RBA is there as a backup if needed.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I loved my TFV4...Until I got my Griffin, it is still the only other Tank I enjoy to build on...
I loved the TF-R2 and TF-RCA RBA's the single wasnt the best to me..
26K 44N60 Fused Clapton  .jpg 26g 34g Clapton Staged with 22g .jpg 32g 44g Fused Claptons  .jpg 26g 40g Fused Clapton  .jpg

The Standard Clapton Wire that came with the TF-RCA tasted like it had superglue on it when I used it...Tossed the wire and Put that Clapton Staged with 22g on it and then I felt it was a enjoyable experience...

danblas

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I loved my TFV4...Until I got my Griffin, it is still the only other Tank I enjoy to build on...
I loved the TF-R2 and TF-RCA RBA's the single wasnt the best to me..
View attachment 39544 View attachment 39545 View attachment 39546 View attachment 39547

The Standard Clapton Wire that came with the TF-RCA tasted like it had superglue on it when I used it...Tossed the wire and Put that Clapton Staged with 22g on it and then I felt it was a enjoyable experience...
Very nice builds. I'm still somewhat of a beginner. My aromamizer is my main but I do like the tfv4 with the rca base. I built mine out with clapton 28g x 2 with 32g wrapped around it. 3mm ID with 5 spaced wraps and the flavor is pretty good...

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Very nice builds. I'm still somewhat of a beginner. My aromamizer is my main but I do like the tfv4 with the rca base. I built mine out with clapton 28g x 2 with 32g wrapped around it. 3mm ID with 5 spaced wraps and the flavor is pretty good...

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk
Is your clapton a fused clapton? Those will shed the best vape experience IMO and I use them in everything, I actually was pretty pleased with the FC I had in the Griffin but after replicating a Alien build I have replaced them. If you can make Fused Claptons then you can make any tank at least decent for vapor/flavor...you just shouldnt need to to have them.
I for one never liked the Aromamizer, I found it lacking alot for what it costs, the Crius V3 wasnt much better IMO. Im a big fan of the Griffin and VCMT as they have more build room and less restriction for juice/coils.

VU Sponsors