Become a Patron!

TFV8 cloud beast (base) stuck on mod

so i just got my tfv8 cloudbeast today. it was leaking out through the air intake a little bit so i grabbed the tank and screwed it on quite tight. Now when i try to fire my alien 220 it says ohms too low. but the mod won't recognize that there is a tank on it either. when i try to unscrew the base of the tank there's this clicking noise and it just won't come off. it turns and everything. did i break the threads on the alien mod itself somehow?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 22

LaughingWarrior

Member For 2 Years
Try wrapping a rag around it and then grabbing it with a pair of pliers. You'll have to grip it above the airflow adjustment ring.

Try wrapping a rag around it and then grabbing it with a pair of pliers. You'll have to grip it above the airflow adjustment ring.
unfortunately that doesn't work i've tried everything i've looked through other threads as well. my problem is i think the "female" end that the base is screwed into, the part in the mod itself, might be broken. it just turns and turns. also when i shake the mod there's something rattling in that area.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
unfortunately that doesn't work i've tried everything i've looked through other threads as well. my problem is i think the "female" end that the base is screwed into, the part in the mod itself, might be broken. it just turns and turns. also when i shake the mod there's something rattling in that area.
something rattling?
Remove the batteries from the mod!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yes exactly. what can i do? can i take the mod apart and replace it or do i have to buy a whole new mod?
Don't know never been inside that mod. If it broke off retaining brackets in the mod it is toast. If it is only the 510 and you are pretty handy and can solder then maybe.
IF you can find the correct 510 connector. That is a big IF.

Don't know never been inside that mod. If it broke off retaining brackets in the mod it is toast. If it is only the 510 and you are pretty handy and can solder then maybe.
IF you can find the correct 510 connector. That is a big IF.
well i think i might be down 50 bucks. at this point all i wanna do is actually get the base of the cloudbeast off the mod so i can at least have my tank in one piece. it won't unscrew no matter what i try

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
well i think i might be down 50 bucks. at this point all i wanna do is actually get the base of the cloudbeast off the mod so i can at least have my tank in one piece. it won't unscrew no matter what i try
Take a hacksaw, cut the top in half.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think DJLSB vapes did a teardown in his review of that mod. Might check it out. teardown is around 39 min in.
You will likely have to take it apart to grab the 510 underneath with pliers to get your atty off.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I think DJLSB vapes did a teardown in his review of that mod. Might check it out. teardown is around 39 min in.
You will likely have to take it apart to grab the 510 underneath with pliers to get your atty off.
this^ disassemble it so you can get the 510 out and separate the 2. if you are good with soldering you can re-solder the positive to the 510 after you are done and put it back together.

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The screws are Torx T5, if that helps. The 510 is just glued in. It's sturdy, but you obviously found it's breaking point.

I have a smok gpriv 2. Had the exact same issue. Atomizer just spun and spun. So I took it partially apart. I saw that the entire metal piece on the mod itself was spinning too. I couldn't get enough force with my finger to stop it to get the atomizer off of it and didn't want to damage it with metal tools. So I took a pencil, pressed the eraser against the spinning metal piece, the 510 connector on the mod from inside of the mod, and it let me get the atomizer off of it. Once I had it off I examine the mod more closely and saw that one of the plastic clips had snapped off and it look like both electrical connections were merely pressed not soldered. Spinning it a little it seemed to click almost into place. And it didn't want to turn very well anymore. I'm just going to put a touch of glue in there to help hold it secure call it a day. Before gluing I'll put the batteries back in and make sure I have solid connection with no additional resistance, which would be a sign of a bad connection in needing to be fiddled with a more. I'm not impressed with the connections to the 510 connector at all. They literally appeared to be just pressed fit.

VU Sponsors