Become a Patron!

TFV8 Cloud Beast on Alien 220w Mod???

Hello everyone, this is my first post in this forum. I had a question about a possible tank switch on the Smok Alien 220w mod and if it would work, haven't seen many posts about this topic which is why I'm asking. The TFV8 Baby Beast is a 22mm tank and the width of the Smok Alien is 30mm across. The original TFV8 Cloud Beast tank measures in at 24.5mm across which would still leave a tad bit of space with no overhang and would operate within the wattage range of the Alien mod. On the Smok website, it mentions the Koopor Primus and H-Priv as recommended mods for use with this particular tank. My question is this: can the original TFV8 work on the new Alien 220w mod??

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hello everyone, this is my first post in this forum. I had a question about a possible tank switch on the Smok Alien 220w mod and if it would work, haven't seen many posts about this topic which is why I'm asking. The TFV8 Baby Beast is a 22mm tank and the width of the Smok Alien is 30mm across. The original TFV8 Cloud Beast tank measures in at 24.5mm across which would still leave a tad bit of space with no overhang and would operate within the wattage range of the Alien mod. On the Smok website, it mentions the Koopor Primus and H-Priv as recommended mods for use with this particular tank. My question is this: can the original TFV8 work on the new Alien 220w mod??

Yeah, slap that bad boy on there, You're good to go.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Yes, any tank with a 510 connection will work on your mod.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As far as I know the TFV8 should be fine with the alien.

Generally speaking the ability of a mod to work with a tank like the TFV8 that uses very low resistance coils AND requires very high wattage, is dependent on mod wattage limit and amperage limit.
A lot mods that can reach their publicized wattage limit can only do it within a specific resistance range, this is because of the mod/chip amperage limit with low resistance coils (the same applies to high resistance coils and voltage limit).

Lets take the Cuboid for example.
Because it has 25A limit, using the TFV8 0.15 ohm coils it would only be able to supply 93W even though at higher resistances it would be able to supply 200W.

As for the difference in mod and tank diameter, as long as the top section of the mod is clear of obstacles and both use the same connector (510), then any tank can be used with any mod.
How it would look is a different story.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Another great lesson from our astute Moderator nightshard. Your calculations still astonish me.

Speaking from a woman's aesthetic OCD, consider beauty/tank rings. They will make your 22mm seamlessly and gradually swoop to make your 22 look like a 24-25+mm. FastTech has some, which I ordered since I happen to have a few things in the cart. I ordered stainless for now. Others can be found in different colors and styles. For example:
FastTech: https://www.fasttech.com/search?beauty ring
GearBest: http://www.gearbest.com/beauty-ring-_gear/
Hope this helps.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
As far as I know the TFV8 should be fine with the alien.

Generally speaking the ability of a mod to work with a tank like the TFV8 that uses very low resistance coils AND requires very high wattage, is dependent on mod wattage limit and amperage limit.
A lot mods that can reach their publicized wattage limit can only do it within a specific resistance range, this is because of the mod/chip amperage limit with low resistance coils (the same applies to high resistance coils and voltage limit).

Lets take the Cuboid for example.
Because it has 25A limit, using the TFV8 0.15 ohm coils it would only be able to supply 93W even though at higher resistances it would be able to supply 200W.

As for the difference in mod and tank diameter, as long as the top section of the mod is clear of obstacles and both use the same connector (510), then any tank can be used with any mod.
How it would look is a different story.
Fwiw I did 220 watts on a .14 ohm coil on the alien and it hit fine. Was something like 36 amps iirc

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Rangertrix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I know this is a little late, but did I miss something here?
Yes, everyone let the OP know that functionally the TFV8 would work on the Alien, but I believe they were also asking if it would fit without any overhang. The flaw in the OP's math is that although the Alien is indeed 30mm wide, that is at its widest point which is the center of the mod. The 510 connection is not located in the center of the mod. It is orientated to left (with screen facing you) and the center of the 510 is not 30mm from the left edge. While the TFV8 will fit on the Alien with a barely discernible overhang, no one touched on these facts at all. I was wondering if there was an inside joke I was missing somewhere or what?

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I know this is a little late, but did I miss something here?
Yes, everyone let the OP know that functionally the TFV8 would work on the Alien, but I believe they were also asking if it would fit without any overhang. The flaw in the OP's math is that although the Alien is indeed 30mm wide, that is at its widest point which is the center of the mod. The 510 connection is not located in the center of the mod. It is orientated to left (with screen facing you) and the center of the 510 is not 30mm from the left edge. While the TFV8 will fit on the Alien with a barely discernible overhang, no one touched on these facts at all. I was wondering if there was an inside joke I was missing somewhere or what?
0 overhang on the TFV8 or any 25mm or less atty. a 30mm atty has a 2-3mm overhang roughly on the opposite side of the firing bar

Rangertrix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
0 overhang on the TFV8 or any 25mm or less atty. a 30mm atty has a 2-3mm overhang roughly on the opposite side of the firing bar

My 25mm Super Tank has a the tinnnniest bit of overhang on my Alien. I mean just enough to feel when you run your finger down it. It's so minimal that if the bevel on the edge weren't there it would be flush. It is almost unnoticeable, but it is there. That's why I don't use my Super Tank on my Alien. My OCD won't let me.

Rangertrix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Maybe mine was made at the end of the day on Friday and they got the jig placement a mm or so off. =P

Not surprising really, I guess. It is mass produced and were talking about an extremely small variance.
Thanks for the clarification though.
I was mainly being thrown off by everyone suggesting ways to place a 22mm atty on a device meant for a 24 or 25mm, and the OP was trying to do the opposite.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
My 25mm Super Tank has a the tinnnniest bit of overhang on my Alien. I mean just enough to feel when you run your finger down it. It's so minimal that if the bevel on the edge weren't there it would be flush. It is almost unnoticeable, but it is there. That's why I don't use my Super Tank on my Alien. My OCD won't let me.
hmm the tfv8 tank on my alien sits perfectly flush... but i looked up the specs and it's 24.5mm so the supertank at 25mm should have a .2-.3mm overhang ever so slightly lol

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
also they have a new coil for the TFV8 coming out. the V8-T10. supposedly (i'm guessing from the description) 5 dual clapton coils. rated 50w-300w best 130w-190w

Rangertrix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
hmm the tfv8 tank on my alien sits perfectly flush... but i looked up the specs and it's 24.5mm so the supertank at 25mm should have a .2-.3mm overhang ever so slightly lol

It's just enough to be seen, and when I try to use my Super Tank on my Alien I find myself constantly running my finger across it or staring at it between vapes. I know, I know. Lol
At least my OCD has my 5 and 8 year old mods sitting in their original boxes looking brand new! People think I'm giving away brand new stuff when I gift any of my used mods though. =P

Rangertrix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
also they have a new coil for the TFV8 coming out. the V8-T10. supposedly (i'm guessing from the description) 5 dual clapton coils. rated 50w-300w best 130w-190w

Holy snikees! At this rate we'll be pulling radio flyers behind us with small hydrogen power plants in them by the end of the year, just to get our nicotine fix.
Or what was it Busardo had, the Powervape 5000!

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Holy snikees! At this rate we'll be pulling radio flyers behind us with small hydrogen power plants in them by the end of the year, just to get our nicotine fix.
just wait for the 6 chamber 2 fused claptons per chamber v8-t12 lol it'll never end!

Rangertrix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Before long we'll just have "E-Solids". A small sugar cube sized solid material that when placed on the tongue instantly transforms from a solid into a gaseous state. Simply place on tongue and exhale.

I Tried the Smok Alien 220w mod With the TFV8 Cloud Beast tank and it doesn't work good at all!?!?!?!

Am I doing something wrong?

It works but take about 2 seconds before and vape comes out and get really hot and produces a nasty smoke which just makes you cough.
I tried the same TFV8 Cloud Beast tank on a friends triple batter mod and it works fine....?

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I Tried the Smok Alien 220w mod With the TFV8 Cloud Beast tank and it doesn't work good at all!?!?!?!

Am I doing something wrong?

It works but take about 2 seconds before and vape comes out and get really hot and produces a nasty smoke which just makes you cough.
I tried the same TFV8 Cloud Beast tank on a friends triple batter mod and it works fine....?
Works fine on mine. I usually use 20 amp batts in my dual mods including my aliens so I stay under 150 which is fine for it. I even use my tfv12 on an alien. If u provide more info we can try and help u troubleshoot it

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

So I just joined but I have both the big baby beast and the cloud beast and my boyfriend has the baby beast. The gold is the cloud beast and the silver is the big baby beast. Hope this helps!

Attachments

• IMG_3331.JPG
    IMG_3331.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_3334.JPG
    IMG_3334.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 22

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
So I just joined but I have both the big baby beast and the cloud beast and my boyfriend has the baby beast. The gold is the cloud beast and the silver is the big baby beast. Hope this helps!
nice

krypto909

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I have a TFV8 Cloud Beast on a Smok Alien 220 and it works great with no issues besides relatively short battery life.

VU Sponsors