Become a Patron!

Tfv8 reads but won't fire

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
is your build supposed to be 1.7? i assume you are using the RBA deck. are you sure your coil is still good?

Cpt.Black'Briefs

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
is your build supposed to be 1.7? i assume you are using the RBA deck. are you sure your coil is still good?
You might be right about the ohms. The Invader initially read them at .24 but I didn't check to see what the Bec pro read them at. I've already taken them out of the rba and they're in one piece. I made some more 2mm but it gives me the infinite sign in place of ohm number. The new twisted coils were 26g with less space between the 32g wraps though. They were one of my first attempts at twisting. I just hadn't thrown them away. My newer twisted coils have been 26 and 32 both wrapped around each other. And I just put one of those in but it's still giving the Infiniti sign.

Last edited:

Cpt.Black'Briefs

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't know exactly why because id tried it already but I switched it from volts to watts and it's doing its thing again.. I do remember getting up and putting it in sleep mode right before I'd dozed off to sleep last night but I don't think I'd changed any settings. I guess it needed some refreshing or something.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
well to be honest, the TFV8 has so much air it's not the best set up for low wattage higher ohm vaping. If you really wanted to use it to it's potential. I'd recommend getting a more powerful mod if possible. or going with a smaller tank

Cpt.Black'Briefs

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
well to be honest, the TFV8 has so much air it's not the best set up for low wattage higher ohm vaping. If you really wanted to use it to it's potential. I'd recommend getting a more powerful mod if possible. or going with a smaller tank
Yeah, I will eventually do that I guess but these batteries don't work with my Kanger protank II either. Btw, the problem came right back after I added another wrap and the other coil. Not even the one that was on when it started back working is working. No error msgs except for the infinity sign in place of the ohm number.

Last edited:

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Yeah, I will eventually do that I guess but these batteries don't work with my Kanger protank II either. Btw, the problem came right back after I added another wrap and the other coil. Not even the one that was on when it started back working is working. No error msgs except for the infinity sign in place of the ohm number.
do you have an ohm meter or any other mod to test it on?

Cpt.Black'Briefs

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
do you have an ohm meter or any other mod to test it on?
Yea it didn't work on the Invader either, so I'm certain it's the tank or the Atty I suppose.. And I do happen to have one of hose things with the two needles on wires that reads wall sockets but Im not sure how to use it exactly. I took out the Atty and put them on opposite sides of the tank pin on the inside. It read .3 set to 200 in the ohms area of the dial.

Last edited:

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Yea it didn't work on the Invader either, so I'm certain it's the tank or the Atty I suppose.. And I do happen to have one of hose things with the two needles on wires that reads wall sockets but Im not sure how to use it exactly. I took out the Atty and put them on opposite sides of the tank pin on the inside. It read .3 set to 200 in the ohms area of the dial.
well don't use it if you don't know. if it's not working on any device, it's likely your build maybe it's touching and shorting somewhere? pics?

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

Cpt.Black'Briefs

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
looks decent enough. if you put your meter in resistance mode and put red on the positive post and black on the negative post, what reading do you get?
also make sure your MM can read resistance that low and see what the accuracy is, alot of those types of multimeters won't accurately ready sub ohm vaping.
I haven't tried that yet but I did just take the Atty out of the black tank and put it in the silver. It's working on both batteries and reading .64 ohms on the Invader and .6 on Bec pro, so I'm certain where the problem is about. Its the bottom part of the black tank. Somethings likely wrong w the pen. It's clean though. Know any fix for that?

Last edited:

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I haven't tried that yet but I did just take the Atty out of the black tank and put it in the silver. It's working on both batteries and reading .64 ohms on the Invader and .6 on Bec pro, so I'm certain where the problem is about. Its the bottom part of the black tank. Somethings likely wrong w the pen. It's clean though. Know any fix for that?
Idk doesn't make sense. The build deck is the only part that matters. Unless a coil is touching inside the tank causing a short

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Cpt.Black'Briefs

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Idk doesn't make sense. The build deck is the only part that matters. Unless a coil is touching inside the tank causing a short

Nah, It would give an error msg or just say short if that was the case. Plus I never put the rest of the tank on until I'm sure the Attys working. I have heard of ppl sandpapering the negative end of batteries to get them to work in their setups. Wondering if the same would apply to that little pen but I don't want to damage the other pen screwing it back on.

Last edited:

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Nah, It would give an error msg or just say short if that was the case. Plus I never put the rest of the tank on until I'm sure the Attys working. I have heard of ppl sandpapering the negative end of batteries to get them to work in their setups. Wondering if the same would apply to that little pen but I don't want to damage the other pen screwing it back on.
No don't sandpaper your battery

Cpt.Black'Briefs

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No don't sandpaper your battery

Not the battery. the contact point on the tank to the battry. What do u say no for though? Is it dangerous? I found a fiberglass brush on ebay. What are the chances of that working? It's used for cleaning rust from watches and such.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Not the battery. the contact point on the tank to the battry. What do u say no for though? Is it dangerous? I found a fiberglass brush on ebay. What are the chances of that working? It's used for cleaning rust from watches and such.
The only reason to ever have to modify your 510 is for hybrid mech users.

Cpt.Black'Briefs

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The only reason to ever have to modify your 510 is for hybrid mech users.

So I replaced that pen with another one from a smaller atomizer. The Bec pro read the ohms but still wouldn't heat. Weird. I had to keep it screwed to the battery in a specific position apparently tho because it would give the Infiniti sign in place of ohms number if I didn't.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors