3d21f2d92f992317af95e06974095fe9.jpg
824fd2e7aeaebc65d972cf399a9cd3af.jpg
05e6079c14ba0d9ef620eb5ccbc0b7b2.jpg
ec64160a8bfe06ffa98e642b94173a66.jpg

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I had one powder coated white and it went wrong. Dude left it and inners in the oven at 500 degrees for 5 hours. Inners were warped behond repair as well as the thin areas on the mod body. He had never done anything this small before lol. He coats heavy equipment mostly. I set up his new oven and he coated this for me. Was glad I could save what was left of it lol.

Dragged Up

Member For 1 Year
Apologies if in wrong thread,As is my first posting, have the new van & del CEO all set up but boy it's to restricted alr for me, will opening the air intake with metal file help or will it just flood, What ya think

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Apologies if in wrong thread,As is my first posting, have the new van & del CEO all set up but boy it's to restricted alr for me, will opening the air intake with metal file help or will it just flood, What ya think
Hello and welcome. Which device are you using it in?

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's the main reason I didn't get one. Air intake is closed off on the sides pretty much.

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Agreed on the CEO, I saw that Mark Todd was modifying his Delro doors to try and get more af to the bridge and I wondered how restricted it would be in a BB. Not sure that I'd try to take a file to it as it already looks picky on wicking and would probably leak.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I’d hurry and push a v2 CEO with the air flow properly addressed.

Nothing like having your name attached to shit.

Do people think that lil piece of plastic is going to channel air flow on panels that don’t make a seal?

It’s similar as to digging a 2” wide trench to funnel Niagara Falls sure it will work…for like a split second

529db8c3166cbb3025776fb2bbdc4c6f.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dragged Up

Member For 1 Year
Hi guys, Apologies for negative first post, But here's another, I know it's Todd's review I watched which was the only one at the time of pre order you would think he give it a full day vape rather than a couple of toots, It's permently saturated with liquid if left overnight there's a ml of juice in mod, As new to billet box coming from steam crave and Kennedy RDAs it might just be me with issues, There thinking out the box with this one, For me it's going back in the box.

minimag03

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's a shame about the Ceo. I wanted to try one because I loved his Haar.

I guess I should add that if the Ceo is anything like the Haar, it's sensitive to the amount of cotton used. The Haar seeps liquid unless it has enough wick.

Does the AF line up with the holes in the Boxx's door? That might be it's best bet.

Last edited:

Dragged Up

Member For 1 Year
As there is no holes in panels or doors as you call it, Air intake from side of billet box, Had a dozen builds in this,For the life in me can't stop the juice forming puddle's on the back of atty and front panel after 1 hour use, Good luck if you purchase and post if you solve my problems with CEO.

minimag03

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I said Boxx, as in Aspire Boxx ;)

I was speaking generally, not so much about your particular situation. I do feel bad for ya. Spending that kinda money on a product, especially one by a reputable reviewer and modder, you'd expect way better.

I would encourage you to try building it with more cotton. My first couple builds on my Haar (updated versions with the oring'd deck) seeped juice like crazy. But after I started using more cotton than I'd normally use, it's been dry as a bone. And wicking still kept up.

Dragged Up

Member For 1 Year
No I won't mess around with the CEO, Looking at the cthulhu aio with front air flow right now, Not pre ordering will wait for review's first.

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Have heard that most have issues with the CEO having too much cotton in the channels. Doesn't let them seat together and causes leaking.
If you have tails in the channels make them small.

mt01631

Member For 4 Years
Hi :)

So here we go, deep breath......

If you have issues with leaking then please, join the MT Essentials group on FB if you can, we have people sharing builds and helping others that may be struggling with this out the box. If you are not FB fans then I can post photos here if it helps or you can watch the presentation as I cover the build in detail.

It is a vertical wicker and as said above, they can be tricky but once you get your head wrapped around it, it is worth the effort, honest.

The airflow, it is RDL & MTL and it works as designed.
I wasn't cutting my Delro door for more airflow, it was an old damaged door and was cutting it so I could see the tank logo through the door, was for shits and giggle, nothing else, pretty sure that was made clear in the post!
The tank was tested in every Boro mod we could get, it is by design meant to be a tight fit (that is how we keep the condensation down) but we didn't test it with any clone devices or the new cerakoted BB mods (they came out after we had finished testing) and unfortunately if the cerakote is on the thick side, you may have issues.

Think that is it but thing is, if you want any help, contact me :)

minimag03

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The man speaks! :)

No I won't mess around with the CEO, Looking at the cthulhu aio with front air flow right now, Not pre ordering will wait for review's first.

I’m looking forward to the Cthulhu AIO. Normally their stuff is decent quality. I have their Hustar and it’s a nice piece. But ima wait a few months until Healthcabin has it for cheap lol

Dragged Up

Member For 1 Year
Hi :)

So here we go, deep breath......

If you have issues with leaking then please, join the MT Essentials group on FB if you can, we have people sharing builds and helping others that may be struggling with this out the box. If you are not FB fans then I can post photos here if it helps or you can watch the presentation as I cover the build in detail.

It is a vertical wicker and as said above, they can be tricky but once you get your head wrapped around it, it is worth the effort, honest.

The airflow, it is RDL & MTL and it works as designed.
I wasn't cutting my Delro door for more airflow, it was an old damaged door and was cutting it so I could see the tank logo through the door, was for shits and giggle, nothing else, pretty sure that was made clear in the post!
The tank was tested in every Boro mod we could get, it is by design meant to be a tight fit (that is how we keep the condensation down) but we didn't test it with any clone devices or the new cerakoted BB mods (they came out after we had finished testing) and unfortunately if the cerakote is on the thick side, you may have issues.

Think that is it but thing is, if you want any help, contact me :)

mt01631

Member For 4 Years
Hi guys, Apologies for negative first post, But here's another, I know it's Todd's review I watched which was the only one at the time of pre order you would think he give it a full day vape rather than a couple of toots, It's permently saturated with liquid if left overnight there's a ml of juice in mod, As new to billet box coming from steam crave and Kennedy RDAs it might just be me with issues, There thinking out the box with this one, For me it's going back in the box.
Just for clarification, I never reviewed it, that was a presentation for the product, would be wrong reviewing a product I codesigned.

You say I should have vaped it for a full day rather than a couple toots, not being funny but I'd been using it for months before that presentation video.

Once again, just getting facts out there but what is most important is helping you, someone that bought a product from us, the last thing we want is you being stuck.

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just for clarification, I never reviewed it, that was a presentation for the product, would be wrong reviewing a product I codesigned.

You say I should have vaped it for a full day rather than a couple toots, not being funny but I'd been using it for months before that presentation video.

Once again, just getting facts out there but what is most important is helping you, someone that bought a product from us, the last thing we want is you being stuck.
This shows Mark actually gives a shite, stand up guy.

I did notice that @Dragged Up is a brand new member here and after rereading his posts I don't think that he was aware that this is Mark's design and that he could reach out for help.

Last edited:

Dragged Up

Member For 1 Year
After looking at Jim Vv on YouTube 6min in, l now know that a liquid mess in AIOs is acceptable just not for me.

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
After looking at Jim Vv on YouTube 6min in, l now know that a liquid mess in AIOs is acceptable just not for me.
An eliquid mess shouldn't be acceptable and would usually be o-rings or poor wicking. Condensation is normal, the two are completely different.

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Got the Abyss a few days ago. Smoking deal from @gadget! Came with the SBS kit, button kit and the Ether RBA too. I was also happy to find that my Mobb and Exocet V2 work great in it. Plus lookie, I even did RED! Thanks my friend, I love it. Awesome little device.

IMG_20211112_180452259.jpg

minimag03

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My SXK Exocet v2 has been in my Abyss since I got it. I've yet to even try the Mobb, Vape snail, Pioneer, or other rbas because the Exocet been performing so well. The only issue I've had with it is som!e aftermarket drip tips like the mission don't agree with the top plate :/

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thoughts??? Vandy Vape AIO.................. I'm interested, I think? lol

I’m not a fan of VV… but out of all those mods, I’d get the black.

The transparent colors just make them truly look like the lower end chinsy Chinese mods that imo they are.

The price is what is alluring, and their marketing strategy.

Not wanting to come off as elitist, I rock picos and low end mechs that perform, just looks like transparent fisher price

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

The transparent colors just make them truly look like the lower end chinsy Chinese mods that imo they are.

Not wanting to come off as elitist, I rock picos and low end mechs that perform, just looks like transparent fisher price

Oh yes, I totally agree on them being cheap looking. I would also go with black. Sourcemore has them on pre-order for a little under $60 so that's tempting right there.

3F shows them as being available Dec 30th on their pre-order page. But just like the white SXK BB I ordered from them that said Nov 30th, it's shipped already, so that one came out a little bit early

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I kinda agree with this. Love the fact you can run a 21700 in it but after wasting money on the SXK clear billets I'm very apprehensive about anymore plastic boxes. Keep any kind of alcohol away from them. Causes them to Crack.

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Scrolling down on their page for the AIO, I can see there will be pretty options to dress them up. I'm probably in for this one. Even if it's simply for taking outside when I am with the dogs etc. Wouldn't cry if that one got knocked out of my hand and into the pool. :)

Well, if I'm still here that is and from the looks of it, I will be as the buying season has passed. It should start up again late spring. Who knows, it's a day by day thing here.

Point is, Ya, I'm in. :) I like the pretty rainbow colored ring ( if it actually looks like that ) I know from the past, that pictures of VV stuff as far as the colors..............it's never as vibrant as it shows. That always pissed me off

VU Sponsors