Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I have an OZ. Now that Nikkita reminded me, I'll have to go rebuild it again. It was a pita the last time, but practice makes perfect.

Oh you definitely should. I almost gave up in frustration after my coil popped on the 2nd build. The secret for me was a micro coil which I never use with Gennies, and to capture the positive lead from the bottom of the positive post, not over the top ... performing beautifully for me ever since. OZ is too damn expensive and too sexy to give up quickly :p

Nuccio should have spent more time developing this dual positive post concept though. I respect the attempt to be innovative, and while not a total fail, that aspect of the atty needs some more R&D. Like a two part center post so that you can't shift the positive block if the 510 pin unscrews or moves.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
It’s definitely my favorite mod, the only one I have now except for a few pieces I will be offloading again soon. I actually put some time, for the first time, into trying to figure out what would be the right one for me, rather than what I normally do which is just buy first, ask question later lol.

I went for the 18500 size, was on the fence for a 18350, but figured since this would be my only device, might be better to get a bit more milliamps in there. 18650 is too long for my preference, and don’t really need it since I don’t vape at sub-ohm resistances anymore.
95ocy0.jpg

I’m typically a SS guy, but opted for the Hiduron Copper/Nickle since I figure I would get all the performance advantages of copper without the constant maintenance required.

Dont forget to grab a hybrid connector too, I picked brass since you can’t see it anyway, and might as well get a good conducting metal. The dual allen screw system for the 510 connection is a bit different from what I’ve normally used and seen, but you’ll figure it out right away if you got one, its rather clever I think ;)

Standard top cap is your usual affair, except for the double threading; it allows you to screw/unscrew the top cap with barely just a turn and a half. Sounds like a bad idea, but it threads on very securely, and I think it’s actually nice feature after trying a few times.

I opted for the recessed switch; it comes installed with magnets, and includes 2 springs, one silver plated SS, the other Copper. I found the magnet to be the stiffest throw, followed by the copper and then the SPSS. I prefer a very soft touch, so switched it out with the lightest one, which was the silver plated SS spring. The Manchester logo and reverse engravings on the button is a real work of art, tiny detailing done flawlessly, definitely the best I’ve ever seen to date. Speaking of which, did you see the Limited edition “Madchester” logo with the smiley face? LOL

All in all, extremely satisfied with the purchase and the follow up/customer service from Liam is top shelf.

2r559gk.jpg

So what setup did you end up ordering from MCR mods?

Nice :) I really like the Hidroun, and I like Silicon Bronze as a well .. I will eventually pick up one or the other. This was an unexpected purchase, I was planning on getting a GP Heron next to hybrid to the extra Lux tube and V3 switch that I bought. But then I was loving the Kraken so much with the Versa 18350 and wanted something similar to that aesthetic so that I could put the Versa back where it belongs ... Then I remembered the MCR :)

I got the brushed SS tube 18350 with SS flat top cap, brass switch with polished SS locking ring :) I didn't get the hybrid adapter because I like the the way the Kraken looks with a top cap beneath it and I got specifically to pair up with that atty ... I am a little anal with set ups in that I want for specific "looks" for each one.

I would still recommend the Paps V3 as well. I got the SS 18500 which is the only serialized tube with the V3's. If you like the light touch of the MCR, you would for sure like the Paps switch as well. Beautifully made too, but then so is the MCR ;-)

Beautiful pics too hun ... your style is always really clean. My style usually has a lot of texture and effect.

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My first thought was to get almost the same, a SS tube in 18350 size but with the recessed brass switch and the smiley face :)

Your Kraken will look really nice on the SS MCR, I think you will be pleasantly surprised with the performance too. At one time I really wanted a Kraken with the Silverback 18350 mod; octopus and a gorilla lol

There has only been one switch that I used in the past which I haven't found an equal to, and that was be the Satburn switch on the Mikro Engineering MkII:

2urqfqe.jpg

Its the one and only mod I sort of regret selling, would have been perfect for the Sat22, but I had no interest with gennies back then.

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
My first thought was to get almost the same, a SS tube in 18350 size but with the recessed brass switch and the smiley face :)

Your Kraken will look really nice on the SS MCR, I think you will be pleasantly surprised with the performance too. At one time I really wanted a Kraken with the Silverback 18350 mod; octopus and a gorilla lol

There has only been one switch that I used in the past which I haven't found an equal to, and that was be the Satburn switch on the Mikro Engineering MkII:

2urqfqe.jpg

Its the one and only mod I sort of regret selling, would have been perfect for the Sat22, but I had no interest with gennies back then.

I regret that you didn't sell it to me :p .. that looks so sexy with the Quasar, really nice set up. Love that DT too ..

I actually got the Kraken to pair with my Turtle Ship V3 by RJ Mods, but it was too much going on with that look. I haven't even fired the TS V3 yet. I won't use a mod until I have the right atty to pair it with it, anal I know :rolleyes: I wouldn't mind the VA Phenom if it came in 18350. I can't do 18650 mechs unless they are really small like the 4nine or Nanos.

As for Gennies I am looking at the Windrose Aquilo at the moment to pair my other unused mech, the Paps Lux. Was going to get a Heron for it but that set up is EVERYWHERE .. so as much I like the Heron, I hesitate pulling the trigger. But the Aquilo is a bit more expensive so I ain't really happy about that either :p But it has air flow up to 2.6mm, and that is appealing to me.

I will post some pics as soon as my MCR 101 gets here :)

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, stuff from Europe is crazy expensive considering so many things have gone down in price here, it would appear the clone market has not really made a significant impact over there either.

If I lost everything today and had to get a new setup again, it would still be the MCR, but would probably get the Rocket-R instead of the Sat22, not to say I don't like the Sat, but I always liked the look of the full glass tank design on the bottom. Windrose would be a close 2nd just because it has a logo (which I actually do like, sort of Caravela-esque which is another mod that I always wanted but passed on for whatever reason)

Looking forward to seeing a review of the MCR if thats something you are considering!

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, stuff from Europe is crazy expensive considering so many things have gone down in price here, it would appear the clone market has not really made a significant impact over there either.

If I lost everything today and had to get a new setup again, it would still be the MCR, but would probably get the Rocket-R instead of the Sat22, not to say I don't like the Sat, but I always liked the look of the full glass tank design on the bottom. Windrose would be a close 2nd just because it has a logo (which I actually do like, sort of Caravela-esque which is another mod that I always wanted but passed on for whatever reason)

Looking forward to seeing a review of the MCR if thats something you are considering!

The Euro has been down for a while so that helps a bit, but the UK, faggetabotit! The US dollar has almost half the value of the British Pound, painful :(

I have looked at the Rocket quite a bit, but I actually like the Aquilo more in terms of looks, and air flow capacity. I found one US vendor who still has some in stock but arrgghh, so dang expensive. I have also considered a Senio Genesis, prices are good but the only draw back is that he does all of his brass finishes in brushed from what I can tell ... I need a polished atty for the Lux .. or shall I say "want" :p I don't mind an alu/bronze and SS pairing so long as the stainless is polished or has polished accents.

Considered the Mirror by Kato but its so big, and not really that sexy, lol. A friend of mine is selling hers and its a low serial # too so maybe??

I want to review the MCR and a few other things actually .. If I do I will probably publish the full review here on the site so we'll see :D though.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The Euro has been down for a while so that helps a bit, but the UK, faggetabotit! The US dollar has almost half the value of the British Pound, painful :(

I have looked at the Rocket quite a bit, but I actually like the Aquilo more in terms of looks, and air flow capacity. I found one US vendor who still has some in stock but arrgghh, so dang expensive. I have also considered a Senio Genesis, prices are good but the only draw back is that he does all of his brass finishes in brushed from what I can tell ... I need a polished atty for the Lux .. or shall I say "want" :p I don't mind an alu/bronze and SS pairing so long as the stainless is polished or has polished accents.

Considered the Mirror by Kato but its so big, and not really that sexy, lol. A friend of mine is selling hers and its a low serial # too so maybe??

I want to review the MCR and a few other things actually .. If I do I will probably publish the full review here on the site so we'll see :D though.
I thought of buying something from intaste yesterday. 121 British pounds became 181 when I did the exchange... that's ok, i'll wait. Hahaha

Nikkita6

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reviewer
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I thought of buying something from intaste yesterday. 121 British pounds became 181 when I did the exchange... that's ok, i'll wait. Hahaha

Yup, its brutal .. the US to Euro conversion is not as bad though, 121 Euros is something like 139usd, round about :p

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Something like that, just bought something from Greece 55 euro was 60$

Echamberlain

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If e-cigs reach mainstream acceptance, I think the majority of the clone market will mostly migrate over to the swap meet/discount bazaar environment due to the increased liability B&M's may face from potential legal repercussions. But for now, its still very much the wild west, you can release pretty much anything today that's e-cig related, anything from Diacetyl laden juices to toxic wicks & metals without any consideration on safety/health aspects.

That said, clones will remain as they are for now, as will everything else out there, both good and especially bad.
I understand your point but I think that may apply to mods much more than RTA and RDA's. But if this happens there also will not be any mech mods either. Interesting discussion though.

Professor Snape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My apologies if this has already been addressed somewhere, but here 'goes.

I'm still relatively new to vaping but, after trying out a friend's rebuildable, (edit: my profile pic is an IGO that I picked up for $5, just to practice making coils. it sucks otherwise). Now I am interested in buying a really good flavor rebuildable. The problem is, the ones I've seen that get top marks for flavor are $100+. Clones, as you all know, are much much less expensive.

So, the question: is it worth it to drop the bucks on an authentic, or should I skip the namebrands and pick up a clone or two? If so, what clone makers should I consider? I've heard the name 'infinite' tossed around, but that's about all I know.

Thanks for any input!
I used to shy away from the clones too, but then I ordered two clones from Fast Tech for less than $25 for the pair, and was blown away with the quality. I no longer have a problem buying clones; have not had a bad experience yet.

mjt

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My favorite mod right now are the billet box with the bridge with 1.6 ohm aspire bvc. Amazing flavor, large tank, and great battery life. Out of the 25 authentics i have this my go to mod
eac45893e5aa60b6d45533b5f7cf1687.jpg

VU Sponsors