Become a Patron!

The Daily Mixing Thread

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm looking for a apple that would compliment Flavorah apple filling. IDK about FLV red apple. Guess I need to research tonight. I love simple apple/peach gallete's with a sprinkle of cinnamon. (Can't eat it but make for the hubs). I'm sure I have some other apple flavorings but they don't wow me. I think I have them shelved somewhere.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
LOL! Cake!
66416133_2905446733013974_5359767900032860160_n.png
In case someone needs cake!

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm looking for a apple that would compliment Flavorah apple filling. IDK about FLV red apple. Guess I need to research tonight. I love simple apple/peach gallete's with a sprinkle of cinnamon. (Can't eat it but make for the hubs). I'm sure I have some other apple flavorings but they don't wow me. I think I have them shelved somewhere.
PUR Country Apple is the best I've found. Also, double apple and FA Fuji

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
PUR Country Apple is the best I've found. Also, double apple and FA Fuji
It looks like I have FA Fuji. I'll try to boost my apple filling a touch. PUR country apple I only seen at Nic River. Darn I should have picked that one up with my past order. I'm not doing a order with them till the weather cools down (Nicotine purchase) I still need to try my sample Nic Salt from them.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
LOL! Cake!
66416133_2905446733013974_5359767900032860160_n.png
In case someone needs cake!

Thanks for this, Artemis. I'm looking at a few of these. I've only used FW Yellow Cake but am thinking of trying Caps. Any opinions on how the two compare would be appreciated. Also curious about Princess Cake by Wonder Flavours: in the photo it appears to have a fruit filing. If someone else has it, could you tell me about that? Strength of fruit, which flavor, anything appreciated.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I haven't tried the CAPS, but if you like the FW, you should try the JF Yellow Cake. Similar flavor without the baddies and frequent coil gunking.

Yellow Cake is pretty terrible coil-wise, true. I'd forgotten about that. I have not been focusing so much on the baddies now, as I try to kind of right the ship. In past, I've done a fair amount of research re the potential cons of vaping, but honestly, the large part of my self-justification for doing it (instead of using gum or whatever) has been that I FEEL so much better compared with smoking. To me, that speaks volumes. But after vaping these sickeningly sweet commercial juices and actually getting a sore throat from whatever it is they put in them, i think I need to re-evaluate my new caution-to-the-wind approach to diketones.

It is really nice to know FA has a yellow cake flavor. So many new flavors since I last looked! Seems like they amped-up production of new vape flavors in the last couple of years compared to previously. And not just FA--many newer brands, or brands that were marginal have become mainstream. And so many more complex flavors! I wouldn't want to be a true beginner in this environment.

@Artemis, ever since I hated Caps Cake Batter so much I've stayed away from anything with "batter" in the title, lol. But I've had pretty good experiences with FLV, so with your rec, I'm adding cupcake batter to my list. I finally got lists organized on ELR. What an awesome application that is.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yellow Cake is pretty terrible coil-wise, true. I'd forgotten about that. I have not been focusing so much on the baddies now, as I try to kind of right the ship. In past, I've done a fair amount of research re the potential cons of vaping, but honestly, the large part of my self-justification for doing it (instead of using gum or whatever) has been that I FEEL so much better compared with smoking. To me, that speaks volumes. But after vaping these sickeningly sweet commercial juices and actually getting a sore throat from whatever it is they put in them, i think I need to re-evaluate my new caution-to-the-wind approach to diketones.

It is really nice to know FA has a yellow cake flavor. So many new flavors since I last looked! Seems like they amped-up production of new vape flavors in the last couple of years compared to previously. And not just FA--many newer brands, or brands that were marginal have become mainstream. And so many more complex flavors! I wouldn't want to be a true beginner in this environment.

@Artemis, ever since I hated Caps Cake Batter so much I've stayed away from anything with "batter" in the title, lol. But I've had pretty good experiences with FLV, so with your rec, I'm adding cupcake batter to my list. I finally got lists organized on ELR. What an awesome application that is.
I hope you like it! So many new flavors out there!
I mixed up quite a few one shots last night. The Molinberry chocolate peanut butter milk has a very yummy smell. I can't wait to try it.
I also mixed up:
GJ banana creme pie
Apple pie
Pegasus
Pixie Dust

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Anyone try WF SC apple strudel? I'm trying to like this but can't get past the odd harshness/odd taste. I've added some OOO powdered sugar to see if that would help. It added a bit of sweetness but that taste is still there. Any simple add in's to make this more vapable? (coined word spellcheck).

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Anyone try WF SC apple strudel? I'm trying to like this but can't get past the odd harshness/odd taste. I've added some OOO powdered sugar to see if that would help. It added a bit of sweetness but that taste is still there. Any simple add in's to make this more vapable? (coined word spellcheck).

You've maybe thought of this, but I woould try EM and FA Meringue, a teensy each.

Still trying to figure out how to make my "Fuggin" juices vapable--aside from halving them with VG, which doesn't even entirely do the trick. Like I said, they give me a sore throat, even a cough---this at half flavoring.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@wildgypsy70, I haven't mixed either yet, but I've noticed that the bottle aroma of both MB Leg Custard and FA Premium Custard are delicious, but very similar. Both like Byrde's custard. (this is a good thing).

Is this just my out-of-work sniffer, or what do you think?

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
@wildgypsy70, I haven't mixed either yet, but I've noticed that the bottle aroma of both MB Leg Custard and FA Premium Custard are delicious, but very similar. Both like Byrde's custard. (this is a good thing).

Is this just my out-of-work sniffer, or what do you think?
They are fairly similar....texture-wise, though, Legendary is more liquidy. Premium is thicker and more typical custardy.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi all. I just received FW cake batter dip after reading a lot of possibly things about it.

Anyone have a recipe that uses it?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
@Letitia9 I am vaping a first sample of my take on your Violet-Scented Oranges. I didn't know what to think after I knuckle-tested this, but then I put it in an RDA and once my coil got good and warm, this became pretty spectacular. I think with a week or so of steeping it will be a real winner. It also smells divine.

Thanks for the great idea!

I'm calling this Blooming Violet, and here's what I mixed:

Blood Orange (FW) 3.25%
Lemonade (HS) 1.25%
Marshmallow (FA) 0.6%
Orange Creamsicle (Cap) 2.5%
Peach (FW) 1.75%
Purple Rain (Inw) 3%
Vanilla Whipped Cream (Cap) 1.75%

Total 14.1%

I had actually considered adding a hint of Anise to this. I still may try it in a tank so I don't mess the whole bottle up. It would only need just the barest hint, though.

I bet something similar would be really good with a Rose flavor, too, in place of the Violet. Or Jeez, maybe Rose and Grapefruit! Is this just me being odd again?

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
@Letitia9 I am vaping a first sample of my take on your Violet-Scented Oranges. I didn't know what to think after I knuckle-tested this, but then I put it in an RDA and once my coil got good and warm, this became pretty spectacular. I think with a week or so of steeping it will be a real winner. It also smells divine.

Thanks for the great idea!

I'm calling this Blooming Violet, and here's what I mixed:

Blood Orange (FW) 3.25%
Lemonade (HS) 1.25%
Marshmallow (FA) 0.6%
Orange Creamsicle (Cap) 2.5%
Peach (FW) 1.75%
Purple Rain (Inw) 3%
Vanilla Whipped Cream (Cap) 1.75%

Total 14.1%

I had actually considered adding a hint of Anise to this. I still may try it in a tank so I don't mess the whole bottle up. It would only need just the barest hint, though.

I bet something similar would be really good with a Rose flavor, too, in place of the Violet. Or Jeez, maybe Rose and Grapefruit! Is this just me being odd again?
I've got a couple variations mixed up, I'm going to adapt your recipe too. Liking the lemonade aspect. Mixed a couple lemonade recipes before work using the FLV elderflower, the one with blackcurrant smells amazing.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi all. I just received FW cake batter dip after reading a lot of possibly things about it.

Anyone have a recipe that uses it?

This isn't mine, nor one I've tried, but despite my earlier comments about veering away from batter flavors, I have heard only good things about fw CBDip.
I
I looked at several recipes and this one seemed like it would be appealing in a straightforward creamy strawberry way. I'm familiar with all these flavors except the CBDip.

Maybe fewer percentage pts on the tfa Strawberry Ripe with another, different, Strawberry (FLV, CAP Sweet, FA Straw) at a lower concentration, added for a body note? Not having mixed it, it's only a guess. Take a look, see what you think. I'm taking it into my own notes for eventual mix.

Velvet Strawberry Cream by /u/Cloud9FlavorChaser on reddit

TFA Strawberry Ripe 7
FA Vienna Cream 2
FA Fresh Cream 1
TFA Vanillin 10% PG 2.5
FA Marshmallow 2
FW Cake Batter Dip 2.5

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This isn't mine, nor one I've tried, but despite my earlier comments about veering away from batter flavors, I have heard only good things about fw CBDip.
I
I looked at several recipes and this one seemed like it would be appealing in a straightforward creamy strawberry way. I'm familiar with all these flavors except the CBDip.

Maybe fewer percentage pts on the tfa Strawberry Ripe with another, different, Strawberry (FLV, CAP Sweet, FA Straw) at a lower concentration, added for a body note? Not having mixed it, it's only a guess. Take a look, see what you think. I'm taking it into my own notes for eventual mix.

Velvet Strawberry Cream by /u/Cloud9FlavorChaser on reddit

TFA Strawberry Ripe 7
FA Vienna Cream 2
FA Fresh Cream 1
TFA Vanillin 10% PG 2.5
FA Marshmallow 2
FW Cake Batter Dip 2.5
Thanks, might mix that up. I do have all the flavors!

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks, might mix that up. I do have all the flavors!

I chose that one because it was simple and this sort of flavor seems to have a universal appeal, but I if you're going for less fruit, more vanilla, you could try one of the FA Vanillas--i'd say classic?--with some tfa Vanilla Swirl and just a tiny touch of the ripe strawberry for a little high note. 1-3% you might not taste the strawberry explicitly (depending on your strawberry tasting ability! I know lots of us have issues with this), but it will still add a little something.

Bear in mind, I'm just mixing in my mind with this. Who knows how it will read (let alone taste) for you

PS: Maybe Nonna's cake could work its way in here, too?

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Kind of looking for a vanilla cake ish type vape. Haven't had a good cake mix since nilla cake

Back when we had a bunch of collaborative recipe threads going, one of them was a White Chocolate Marzipan Cake. @wildgypsy70 's last version of that was great. I'll see if I can find a link to it. It isn't strictly vanilla, but mostly, as the white chocolate was so very light.

ETA: Looks like this was @Ishkabibble 's final version:

http://vapingunderground.com/thread...late-marzipan-cake.417508/page-2#post-2193625

Last edited:

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I could make my own using vanilla custard, vanilla cupcake, yellow cake, vanillin, cake batter dip.

I just don't feel like experimenting and was hoping for something tried and true. Ill search ELR.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I wrote this one up a couple of weeks ago and haven't mixed it yet, but it is next on my list.

Tres Leches

Cake Batter (Cap) 0.9%
Coconut (FW) 0.75%
Condensed Milk (NR) 1.75%
Dulce de Leche (TFA) 1.75%
Marshmallow (FA) 1.25%
Pistachio (FA) 0.75%
Vanilla Pudding (Flv) 1.75%
Vanilla Whipped Cream (Cap) 2.65%
Yellow Cake (FW) 4.4%

Last edited:

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Might whip this up, it was picked & tested by I think it was the Fog vlog on YouTube

https://alltheflavors.com/recipes/111865#sweet_georgia_lemonade_by_xxbulldogirishxx

This was on the show too & was picked
https://alltheflavors.com/recipes/98203#reset_frozen_lemonade_by_juicefairy

This also sounds good by Wayne Walker

https://alltheflavors.com/recipes/159060

I'm not a big lemonade person, but that coco mango lassi is something I've been wanting for a long time... Alas, I have ONE of the flavors from the recipe you linked : - ( I may go for it with massive substitutions--that's how bad i want it. If anyone does mix this, I will be watching to see how it comes out for you. Thanks HD!

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm not a big lemonade person, but that coco mango lassi is something I've been wanting for a long time... Alas, I have ONE of the flavors from the recipe you linked : - ( I may go for it with massive substitutions--that's how bad i want it. If anyone does mix this, I will be watching to see how it comes out for you. Thanks HD!
I didn’t end up mixing today o_O

But I have high hopes for tomorrow. I’ll keep you posted as it’s a SnV - 2 days steep.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm about to try MB Legendary Custard (courtesy @wildgypsy70 !) in one of my old tried and true fave personal recipes.

Posted below with (small) proposed changes.

I am hoping for guidance on the percentage of MB L. Custard I might start with in a recipe like this. I've made my best guess--5%--based on my reading, but feedback is much desired.

Flow State Mango Peach Cream (lirruping)

4% juicy peach
2% white peach, scant [I vary this depending on the type and amt of mango I use coz I'm sensitive to Mango].
5% Molinberry Legendary Custard [instead of 3% Caps V.C. V2]
1% inw Mango
1% fa Vienna Cream
1% EM

I'm also thinking to add a few % pts of TFA Bavarian Cream, since it has filled out the recipe in past. I'm a little worried about over-flavoring on this one, though.

Weirdly, even tho I'm only 8 wks off cigs, Lately, I seem to be ultra-sensitive to over-flavoring. Or, possibly, as I've mentioned, it's just the unknown ingredients they may be filling the commercial juices I got with. Dunno. Has any one used "fuggin" ejuice? It's cheap for big bottles and I ordered without really doing any background.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's another one that's been on my list of to-dos for a while, but I still haven't gotten to it. Let us know how it works out if you would.
I Vaped it for a few hours and then dumped it for some blue razz.

To be fair though, I like fruits in MTL set ups. Bakery stuff tastes better to me at high watts

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@lirruping i mixed up the Mango Coco Lassi & the aroma is fantastic on all the flavors & I’m vaping it right now. It’s really delicious. It will smooth out I believe in 2 days, definitely worth making if you’re a lover of Mango Coconut Lassi. The combination of the 2 mangos is fantastic. The SC Mango finger tasted is a wonderful ripe mango with such a fresh smell & taste, with just a touch of the FLV Sweet Coconut.

Edit: I decided not to make it cold.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Molinberry Peanut Butter Chocolate Milk. Mixed it up a few days ago. I did a taste test. Needs to steep/meld for awhile. Right now the flavor is primarily chocolate and mouth feel is wet/coats the tongue. I'm not looking up the diketones on this one. I'm sending it off to my brother to finish testing. In this heat it should fully ripen by next week. I have a feeling its a good flavor but not my type of flavor.

I taste tested most of the gremlin brand one shots. They taste like TPA which I despise. LOL luckily the price was cheap. The only one that may be vapable is the banana creme pie. I'm going to send these off to bro & SIL.

I'm going to mix up my favorite flavorah tobaccos tonight. I'm out of Turkish (yikes). May have to order from Gremlin since they have that sale still going.

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Oh, shit guys!!! Wayne Walker picked my tobacco recipe(for the competition) as a featured recipe! Woo hoo! I’m so excited!!! I didn’t win(yet?) but he did a review!

I wish I had a clue how to post the link, but he did a YouTube review on it!
Outstanding! Well deserved too!

VU Sponsors