“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm over 60 also, still inclined to brag a little when I come up with something great, but the truly great ones don't happen that often for me. Still, I learned just about everything I know about DIY from this thread and from Wayne Walker's YT videos. "Noted" gets too long-winded for me, besides which I think my taste buds are too old and damaged by smoking for me to really appreciate the subtle differences in, say, Cap Lemon Sicily vs. FA Lemon Sicily. I know when they fade, though, so I use FE Lemon and Inw Lemon Mix, because they don't.

We're always glad to have new members show up here, whether they are experienced or brand new or somewhere in between. Don't like that the thread has been as idle as it has over the last year or so. I freaked out a bit and bought up a bunch of pre-mixed juice from a sale I just couldn't resist, so at this point I haven't mixed anything much in a long time. But there will come a day that I'll get back to it, and you all will hear from me more then.

I should admit, though, that I'm the odd woman out here - I like flavors that not many people do, like anise, cinnamon, chocolate, and liquor/cocktail mixes. I have put Cap Chocolate Fudge Brownie in every chocolate mix I've made, I think, so @wildgypsy70 and I have a running joke about that. But it never surprises me any more if others don't care for my mixes; I have figured out that my taster just isn't like most!
Licorice? Do you have the new WF Salimak(?) salty licorice? Cause there’s a recipe on ATF called Black Dahlia by Slushy you might like. If you don’t have it, I’ll mix it for you and send it.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Since I'm going to try FA liquid amber in my pies (peach, apple) I decided to try it in a tank and really get to know it. It's not bad but hard to say exactly what it tastes like. First I should mention it smells like caramel/ butterscotch and sweet whisky. Vaping it, I got no booze notes and more of a plain toffee than butterscotch/caramel. It kept reminding me of something (way in the back of mind)... finally realized it was grandma's horehound candies (it's an old school thing) I also am getting a sort of RY4 tobacco flavor, and just a hint of lemon. Whatever the heck it is, it should work great in my pies.
BTW, I mixed this strong (over 2%) so don't let my description scare you off.

Last edited:

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
When buying bottles for nic storage, should I be concerned with the type of material used on the caps seal? I'm looking at some from https://www.specialtybottle.com/glass-bottles/amber-boston-rounds/larger-sizes/8oz-bra8

They say its pressed foam. I'm thinking that's standard for these bottles but idk.
They have poly seals that are dome shaped.
I’ve purchased the same type of bottles from Amazon. They also have the polyseal inserts in the caps. I’ve never received any with the pressed foam gaskets in them.
Some folks on another website say they have had problems with these polyseal caps popping off the bottles while in storage.
I’ve been using them for nic storage for 4 years in the freezer and haven’t had a problem yet.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have a store bought juice... Naked POG (passion fruit/orange/guava) Have been trying FA lulo (some kind of exotic fruit) It's like grapefruit, orange and pineapple? hard to say actually. Anyway, mixed in some mango and really like it. Going to substitute this for the orange in a POG recipe. I'll have to wait until I make another flavor order (FA passion fruit and SSA guava) Might as well get some FLV vanilla pudding too (for another recipe) I don't order often (low budget) and usually less than 10 flavors (I love BCF and the shipping is low)

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Licorice? Do you have the new WF Salimak(?) salty licorice? Cause there’s a recipe on ATF called Black Dahlia by Slushy you might like. If you don’t have it, I’ll mix it for you and send it.

I've been trying to vape up this bought juice so haven't bought new flavors in a long time. If you have spare time, I'd love to try it, but don't feel like you have to mix it up for me if you're really busy.

Thanks a bunch, either way. :hug:

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So still chasing memories of my childhood (almost done with that) mixed FA fuji (apple) with TFA DX peanut butter (used too much PB first try) it's so good. These are not really recipes (just like the 50/50 bar) just something I am having fun with. My next memory would be s'mores... but have already tried that. Marshmallow is just too sweet (and I've mentioned chocolate is so tricky) Probably won't go there again.
French toast is another one (I've actually been making that since I was 6 years old... even added frozen (thawed) concentrate once... it was great) That one is not a quick two flavor fling... just like my pies (peach, apple) this will require some work. I have RF french toast but it needs help (just like TFA apple pie) so going to work on those recipes soon.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Here you go... my pie recipes (haven't mixed them yet but will using these %) Keep in mind I tend to mix high % (and often have to dilute them later on)

TFA apple pie 4%
FA fuji 2%
OOO pie crust 2%
WF croissant 1.5%
FA liquid amber 0.5%
FA cinnamon ceylon (drops)

TFA peach juicy 3%
FA white peach 2%
OOO pie crust 3%
WF croissant 1.5%
FA liquid amber 0.5%

"a' la mode":
SSA ice cream 2.5%
SSA vanilla 1.5%
WF bavarian cream 1%

My next project (might try this for now but really need FA zeppola and a good maple syrup)
RF french toast 3%
WF croissant 1%
SSA vanilla 1%
OPTIONAL:
VT orange marmalade or PUR boysenberry preserves

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Here's a S&V for ya, @VapeOn1960., if you really like cinnamon:

Big Red

TFA Cinnamon Red Hots 3.5%
LA Cream Cheese Icing 1%
FW Lemonade Natural 1.5% (you could also use Hangsen if you have it, same %)
Cap Super Sweet 0.25%

Overnight steep is good, and it will tone down some over a week or two, but it's perfectly vapable S&V. To me it tastes just like Big Red gum.

This recipe needs a "candy" cinnamon, so it won't work out the same if you use a bakery-type cinnamon. FW makes a Cinnamon Red Hots as well, but I haven't tried it.

Mowgli

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been so obsessed with these recipes I forgot they all need to steep and running out of juices to vape now. Might trow together some watermelon/mint (haven't had that in a long time)
DIYorDie (Wayne's) water malone + PUR butter mint.
Counter Punch listed as overnight

Banana Licorice Taffy listed as S&V

Mowgli

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fear says he S&Vs Abuela if you want a great tobacco recipe

Mowgli

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
S&V in the titles

and

Mowgli

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Concrete River mentions this recipe is S&V in his recipe's description

Mowgli

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Listed as 3 day steep. Many 5 star reviews.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@Mowgli , The tobacco looks good (have considered trying a few FLV ones) I like my lemon meringue cookie so much not interested in that other one.
Hey... perfect video for me to watch tonight.
I had some 50/50 bar left (tangerine, ice cream) and some chocolate mint ice cream so mixed those together... vaping that right now (it's good) I don't care if the FA cocoa clogs my coil (it needs to be replaced soon anyway)

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Busy mixer today :) Got 5 recipes done and even mixed another 100 ml of unflavored base.
Raspberry "layer" cake
Lemon meringue cookie
Peanut butter banana pudding with vanilla wafers
(I posted those recipes awhile back)
Tobacco mix
FA capuccino with FW hazelnut
Now that I mixed more base, I can finally mix my pies.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I had read your post but missed the last part (that's super nice to offer... might shoot you a PM)
I love FW licorice (spot on black licorice jelly beans) How ould you describe the Salimak? Some (old school type) licorice have molasses too (and I love that in real life... but also love the jelly beans) I have this little pod and put my tobacco mix + licorice in it... helps hide the smell when I'm "vooping" ;)

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just finished the Developed video... very good! Now I know why my cheesecake sucks. Anyway, need some new flavors for this one (and whatever you do, don't use too much mascarpone cheese like I did the last time) Here's a cropped screenshot if anyone is interested:
1632893228409.jpeg

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I had read your post but missed the last part (that's super nice to offer... might shoot you a PM)
I love FW licorice (spot on black licorice jelly beans) How ould you describe the Salimak? Some (old school type) licorice have molasses too (and I love that in real life... but also love the jelly beans) I have this little pod and put my tobacco mix + licorice in it... helps hide the smell when I'm "vooping" ;)
It’s def a softer licorice. Perfect for someone who’s not sure if they like the flavor. I’m not a huge licorice lover, but it’s been growing on me. But it sounds like you know you like it! @Mowgli pointed you in the right direction…..

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I mixed both pies (apple and peach) Also mixed ice cream to add to those (but want to try them first) They need to steep (several weeks I guess) so won't have any comments for awhile, It was much easier than I thought (forgot most of the flavors are the same so didn't have to change much) Got myself psyched out for nothing... too easy. I will try them both first, then add the ice cream. I am so done mixing for now (very proud of myself but need a break)

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So I lied (never done mixing I guess) Doing two "one shots" from LB (liquid barn)
WaterMalone and white chocolate peppermint. It's been awhile since I vaped those. If you like watermelon, try WaterMalone. White chocolate peppermint is so rich and yummy.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So I lied (never done mixing I guess) Doing two "one shots" from LB (liquid barn)
WaterMalone and white chocolate peppermint. It's been awhile since I vaped those. If you like watermelon, try WaterMalone. White chocolate peppermint is so rich and yummy.
LB is a damn good white chocolate peppermint. I might just mix that up. And I’ve mixed Watermalone…..pretty damn good for straight watermelon.

I recently mixed Developed’s Dulce de Coco. It’s actually pretty good. I was concerned with the addition of FLV Coconut(I get that waxy, suntan lotion thing from it), but it’s low enough that it works. Debating mixing a bigger bottle so it can steep a little longer.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
LB is a damn good white chocolate peppermint. I might just mix that up. And I’ve mixed Watermalone…..pretty damn good for straight watermelon.
The first time I tried LB's WCP, I was blown away (had heard great things about it) I was not disappointed.
WaterMalone can be made from scratch (the recipe is out there) it seems one of the tricks Wayne used was adding apple, but why work so hard when you can just use the "one-shot" and be done. What I really want is a good honeydew melon... any suggestions?
Did WCP as MTL before... going to try it RDL this time (have no idea if it will be different but very curious) You must mix some up! Watermelon is one of those flavors I like for awhile, then burn out and take a break. It's been three months so I'm ready to mix some.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The first time I tried LB's WCP, I was blown away (had heard great things about it) I was not disappointed.
WaterMalone can be made from scratch (the recipe is out there) it seems one of the tricks Wayne used was adding apple, but why work so hard when you can just use the "one-shot" and be done. What I really want is a good honeydew melon... any suggestions?
Did WCP as MTL before... going to try it RDL this time (have no idea if it will be different but very curious) You must mix some up! Watermelon is one of those flavors I like for awhile, then burn out and take a break. It's been three months so I'm ready to mix some.
Honeydew? Eh….I have Caps and TFA. I might even have FLV? The Caps is good, but soft. The TFA is sharper and brighter. Can’t remember the FLV off the top of my head. The TFA shows up better in mixes.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have this list of flavors (that are highly rated and/or suggested by others on forums) Many many hours (or should I say months) of research to compile this list. I just looked and I have Cap honeydew on it so will go with that. I will be mixing PUR butter mint with it.
I might post my list soon (it is very long) but when I first posted it on another forum, I got lots of flack (mostly because I chose the wrong title... "best flavors" LOL. I later had that thread deleted and renamed it "well reviewed flavors" The list has grown since then (hundreds) It's not well organized so I tell people to use CTL-F to search for specific flavors. Actually, I'm going to send you a PM and see what you think before I post a thread.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I couldn't wait... had to try my pies. I know they need to steep but I gave them a boost (what I call a "pocket steep"... had them in my pants pockets for hours including while I mowed the lawns) The peach is good. The apple has too much crust (because I used TFA apple pie that already has some crust) I was afraid FA fuji and white peach would be too "bright/fresh" for pie filling but FA liquid amber helped with that. Both need more cinnamon (only used 3 drops for 10 ml test batch) but most people don't like that (FA cinn ceylon is very mellow) So... now just for fun, going to combine both in my tank (is he crazy... well maybe)

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The tobacco looks good (have considered trying a few FLV ones)
FLV makes really good tobaccos, but most like a good steep.

@VapeOn1960 For shake and vapes, most of HeadInClouds recipes are S&V. You'll find them in the Recipe sub-forum. And @wllmc really likes his Mama J's Game Over Custard off the shake. I never have vaped GOC off the shake as I always have a bunch of it mixed. https://vapingunderground.com/threads/mama-js-game-over-custard-the-official-thread-by-wllmc.321945/

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@gopher_byrd , that looks good... but I can't do CAP custard v1 (too much like Vapetasia Killer Kustard that I loved at first but then burned out on it... to rich, to "cloying") Haven't tried v2 but... I'm kinda into WF bavarian cream now (much lighter and mild) I have most of the other flavors so might do my own version of that. Thanks. I don't see how something with custard could be SnV but it's all good. I don't have coconut (but like it) but ironically, I have PUR cheesecake that has a coconut note (that many who don't like coconut will avoid) That steeps out after weeks but might just fit into this recipe. Sure, mine will be different but I'm kinda "different" so works for me.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I combined my peach and apple pie... no go (they just seemed to mute each other) Oh well... won't know if you don't try. I will adjust the apple pie, add a few more drops of cinn to both and let them steep.
I have been enjoying FA fuji with TFA dx peanut butter... might try some PB with the apple pie.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
@gopher_byrd , that looks good... but I can't do CAP custard v1 (too much like Vapetasia Killer Kustard that I loved at first but then burned out on it... to rich, to "cloying") Haven't tried v2 but... I'm kinda into WF bavarian cream now (much lighter and mild) I have most of the other flavors so might do my own version of that. Thanks. I don't see how something with custard could be SnV but it's all good. I don't have coconut (but like it) but ironically, I have PUR cheesecake that has a coconut note (that many who don't like coconut will avoid) That steeps out after weeks but might just fit into this recipe. Sure, mine will be different but I'm kinda "different" so works for me.
Ohhhhhh, you need FA Custard Premium!

pm me your address. I’ll send you one. Freebie! You’ll love it, if you’re into custards.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So FA liquid amber made my fruits seem more "cooked"... is there something that will make my pie crust more "browned? OOO pie crust in kind like half "raw" tasting. WF croissant helped but it still needs something else. Caramel, cookie or maybe even graham cracker? I have all of those.
BTW, I was actually eating apple pie while vaping it... I love doing that.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So FA liquid amber made my fruits seem more "cooked"... is there something that will make my pie crust more "browned? OOO pie crust in kind like half "raw" tasting. WF croissant helped but it still needs something else. Caramel, cookie or maybe even graham cracker? I have all of those.
I’d say cookie would probably do it.

Howard Hughes

the way of the future....
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I’d say cookie would probably do it.
Good call. I learned a while back that adding 50% of FA Cookie or CAP Sugar Cookie (depending on how sweet I want it) to TFA Pie Crust sure made a nice difference.

Mixing day today & hopefully I'm good for 4 months.

15 ml testers & WIPs-
@SessionDrummer 's Golden Grahams
DarkJester89's The Cheesed Crown (modified)
HH Creamy Crunchberry V2
HH Fried Strawberry Donut
HH Watermelon Kiwi V2
Hohm Skillet's Georgia Pear
Centerfold's Darling
HH Hard Grape Drink
OfcourseIDIY's Mixed Berry Lemonade "Carnival Juice Rollupz Remix" (modified)
HH Park Avenue V2
UNUSED ACCOUNT's Bombies- Kiss the Ring clone (modified)
TorturedZen's Crusty Butt Ripple
Squonk's Rice Krispy Treats
Doe Zee's Zeppola Crunch
Coustic01's Cola Candy (modified)

60ml time-tested favorites-
HH Cereal Killer
Chemist's Saturday Cartoons (modified)
HH Red Grove
Ohm Society's Purple Twister (modified)
Amy's Bloo Moo (modified)
HH Green Caramel Apple V6
Fatboy's Rapture (modified)
HH Cheerwine
Leonard's Mother's Milk clone (very slightly modified)
HH Holy Custard
HH Apple Pie
Hillbilly Pig's Crunchy Berry Cupcake (modified)
Digital Drops' Corn Star (modified)
HH Pizza

10-2-2021.jpg

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I'll pass... don't like too sweet (the same reason I was reluctant to use caramel)
I'll try cookie (not too much... have made that mistake before)

Just keep in mind, if you like bakeries, OOO Powdered Sugar is perfect for giving pastry/cakes a "browned" effect, like the crust on a real-life pound cake. To me it adds more browning flavor than it does sweetness, but it does add SOME sweetness.

This was an accidental discovery, and I'm pretty sure @wildgypsy70 will back me up - it works.

Howard Hughes

the way of the future....
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm very interested in seeing that... is it on ELR or ATF?
Wow, that's quite a list (and most of them sound wonderful) I see you are like me... like lots of variety.
Did you mix all those in one day?
Who is HH? Is that you?
Hey, I saved your list... it will be fun looking those up.

HH are my originals & yeah, I mixed from 5:30 this morning until about 11am.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Just keep in mind, if you like bakeries, OOO Powdered Sugar is perfect for giving pastry/cakes a "browned" effect, like the crust on a real-life pound cake. To me it adds more browning flavor than it does sweetness, but it does add SOME sweetness.

This was an accidental discovery, and I'm pretty sure @wildgypsy70 will back me up - it works.
👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻😊😊

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
HH... that is very close to the apple pie I made. I ended up adding more TFA apple pie and FA fuji, a few more drops of FA liquid amber and some more unflavored base (basically making up for using too much OOO pie crust) Might still try adding cookie.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just wanted to mention what I'm using to vape these recent mixes I did:
Lemon meringue cookie in a Lemo2 RTA (with a fresh wick)... 9mg
Tried apple and peach pie (vaping some unflavored in between) in a Melo3 mini... 6mg
White chocolate peppermint going in a Kroma Z with a 0.3 ohm coil... 6mg
PB banana pudding w/vanilla wafer in a Zlide with a 0.8 ohm coil... 12mg

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Just wanted to mention what I'm using to vape these recent mixes I did:
Lemon meringue cookie in a Lemo2 RTA (with a fresh wick)... 9mg
Tried apple and peach pie (vaping some unflavored in between) in a Melo3 mini... 6mg
White chocolate peppermint going in a Kroma Z with a 0.3 ohm coil... 6mg
PB banana pudding w/vanilla wafer in a Zlide with a 0.8 ohm coil... 12mg

I have a couple of those Lemo 2 RTAs. They put out some terrific flavor, but they are juice hogs! Work great on Pico mods, though. I have one on a Pico Mega and one on a Pico S.

VU Sponsors