The Daily Mixing Thread

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I haven't tried cinnamon ceylon, so really don't know. Would be worth a try, starting low. The milk and Bavarian cream tone the cinnamon down some, but in my mix it still has something of a bite to it - not hot, but definitely the cinnamon is there and it isn't shy. :)
it's really good! I tried a little of it this afternoon. I used 1.5% of the Celyon. Thanks for the recipe. I have been on a fruit kick for so long it was time to change it up a bit. I'm still going to let it sit longer, but I did want to give it a quick taste :)

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
What’s everyone mixing these days? Wake this thread up a little!

I’m getting into cold weather liquids.....custards, pumpkin, apple spice, deep caramelly marshmallow type things......
I made up the recipe that @88ArDeN88 came up with for the vader, this time using the Caps V1 and I think I will stick with the INW. Won't know for sure till after I let it sit for a few weeks. Maybe the stuff will tone done. I don't know what it is about the CAPS, but the stuff just makes me want to gag. Oh well, several great alternatives out there for me.

marter

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I mixed 1ml of FA Corn in 9ml of PG for a 10% dilution then use your dilution at the .10% as stated in the recipe.
I assumed that's what a 10% dilution meant, but that would put even less flavor into the mix. So his recipe calls for 0.10%, and when I mixed a 30ml batch today it resulted in 0.03 grams. That's so small I ended up with 0.04 grams. Are you saying it should have been 10% of that amount?

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't know what it is about the CAPS, but the stuff just makes me want to gag.

I'm sensitive to butyric acid. Juice flavors which contain a bunch and are predominant in some recipes, make me want to...

puking_80_anim_gif.gif

I enjoy many CAP flavors; not their custards (or cheese cakes) though.

I don't known what's in them, but often when I desire custard type flavors, I usually turn to the folks at...
IW_Flavours_Banner copy.jpg

Maybe it's more the marketing? :idea:

:):):):)

PS One recipe I made that contained butyric acid (A cherry pie recipe) did tone down enough for me to enjoy. (In 3 1/2 months)

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Goooood morning, all! I am toying with ordering from FA Italy(I’ve been eyeing that Black Pepper for ages) and was wondering if anyone wanted to piggyback on my order?

Earlier this year I seem to recall some folks ordering some FA Bread Crust. (Howard Hughes ?)

https://flavourart.com/en/store/flavors/savoury/bread-crust-flavor/

(YES!...it's on Sale!)

I do remember some nasty comments posted on this flavor, but that was years ago. Anyone have some comments on this flavor? (Other than health safety warnings ;) )

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
OMG have I missed something??? where is BCV?? Bullcity

My link is taking me to a godaddy page..............I must have missed something , like they changed their name or the link or or .........panic.............lol Let me try their face book page.

EDIT: Weird, link from their face book page is working. I updated my bookmark. Wonder why it did that though.

Last edited:

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm sensitive to butyric acid. Juice flavors which contain a bunch and are predominant in some recipes, make me want to...

View attachment 148177

I enjoy many CAP flavors; not their custards (or cheese cakes) though.

I don't known what's in them, but often when I desire custard type flavors, I usually turn to the folks at...
View attachment 148179

Maybe it's more the marketing? :idea:

:):):):)

PS One recipe I made that contained butyric acid (A cherry pie recipe) did tone down enough for me to enjoy. (In 3 1/2 months)
Yep, love INW Custard and the FA Prem one also. Good stuff. That's interesting about the butyric acid though. Thanks for the info Ron

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I assumed that's what a 10% dilution meant, but that would put even less flavor into the mix. So his recipe calls for 0.10%, and when I mixed a 30ml batch today it resulted in 0.03 grams. That's so small I ended up with 0.04 grams. Are you saying it should have been 10% of that amount?
nope i can answeer that.
you take 9 parts of PG to 1 part of your flavoring and shake that up in a little bottle. LABLE IT
NOW you have da 10% solution
and use that Deluted bottle as you would any other bottle.

its deluted because it would over power everything otherwise.

asked the same question learning to make
wildgypsy's ....kyra's strawberry kiss

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have to look at the recipe later & look at the calculations, its too early here right now.

But yes, the point of the 10% dilution is to:
1) make measuring such a small amount easier and;
2) dilute the FA Corn as its potent

So you didn’t use the 10% dilution but instead you mixed the FA Corn straight up at .10%? Which resulted in 0.04 grams in your mix?

marter

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have to look at the recipe later & look at the calculations, its too early here right now.

But yes, the point of the 10% dilution is to:
1) make measuring such a small amount easier and;
2) dilute the FA Corn as its potent

So you didn’t use the 10% dilution but instead you mixed the FA Corn straight up at .10%? Which resulted in 0.04 grams in your mix?
That's exactly what I did. I can tell the FA is extremely strong as soon as you open the bottle. But it couldn't have been more than 5-6 drops to get to 0.04 grams. I'm confused.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's exactly what I did. I can tell the FA is extremely strong as soon as you open the bottle. But it couldn't have been more than 5-6 drops to get to 0.04 grams. I'm confused.
Since you mixed it straight up at 0.04 grams its going to taste a more corny. You might like it :D

In reading Nick’s notes on the recipes. Here’s a screen shot of what 0.01% would be in grams or mls. It’s doesn’t register, which is why he used it in a 10% dilution. So if you feel that the your juice taste too corny than next time make the dilution for the reasons I stated in my post to you before.
3F4169D7-C893-4D2E-A2DA-DD4A68267B07.png

marter

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Since you mixed it straight up at 0.04 grams its going to taste a more corny. You might like it :D

In reading Nick’s notes on the recipes. Here’s a screen shot of what 0.01% would be in grams or mls. It’s doesn’t register, which is why he used it in a 10% dilution. So if you feel that the your juice taste too corny than next time make the dilution for the reasons I stated in my post to you before.
View attachment 148207
Damn that stuff's strong. I'll dilute it and try it again. I just did a finger taste and I think you're right, I taste too much of the FA Corn already.

I just wanted to make sure I was understanding the notes, and wasn't giving enough credence to how strong the flavor is. Learning as I go.

Thanks

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Well y'all this recipe I'm about to post has knocked my socks off. Came from the potato chip & chocolate chip cookie idea that's been bugging me for a few days now. S&V, holy moly, I love it.

Quincy (as in quint-c or five c's, Caramel Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookie)

Brown Sugar (TPA) 1.5%
Butter (TPA) 0.5%
Chocolate Fudge Brownie (CAP) 2.25%
Coconut Extra (TPA) 1.5%
Dulce de Leche (TPA) 1.5%
Ethyl Vanillin 10% (TPA) 1.4%
Kettle Corn (TPA) 2%
Molasses (TPA) 0.6%
Reindeer Poop (FW) 0.6%
Shortbread (INAWERA) 3%
Super Sweet (CAP) 1% <--- I imagine starting with 0.5% would be fine here. It's pretty sweet.

Total 15.85%

Last edited:

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
What’s everyone mixing these days? Wake this thread up a little!

I’m getting into cold weather liquids.....custards, pumpkin, apple spice, deep caramelly marshmallow type things......

You could take a peep at my recipes on elr.. I dont post them here often, not many enjoy my flavors and I dont mix with the standards..
I'd hate to post up a ton of recipes and no one has any of the flavors or the gumption to even step out of the flavor box they put themselves in. :)
My favorites for the last week or so are all on the first page.. the second page isn't shabby either.. if anyone wants to go look..
If you mix any.. let me know what you think of them.. the apples don't fall and mountain nights are my top 2 delishes..

My recipes on elr

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well y'all this recipe I'm about to post has knocked my socks off. Came from the potato chip & chocolate chip cookie idea that's been bugging me for a few days now. S&V, holy moly, I love it.

Brown Sugar (TPA) 1.5%
Butter (TPA) 0.5%
Coconut Extra (TPA) 1.5%
Kettle Corn (TPA) 2%
Molasses (TPA) 0.6%
Reindeer Poop (FW) 0.6%
Shortbread (INAWERA) 3%
Super Sweet (CAP) 1% <--- I imagine starting with 0.5% would be fine here. It's pretty sweet.

Total 15.85%
Damn! This looks pretty fancy. And good! And I only have to sub one flavor!!! Woo hoo!

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Brown Sugar (TPA) 1.5%
Butter (TPA) 0.5%
Coconut Extra (TPA) 1.5%
Kettle Corn (TPA) 2%
Molasses (TPA) 0.6%
Reindeer Poop (FW) 0.6%
Shortbread (INAWERA) 3%

Total 15.85%
Holy shit, Nada, this is good! I can’t wait to see how it steeps out!

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Okay, this might be incredibly dumb of me but I was never aware of this. Could this be a problem? Look at the ingredients here. Vitamin E ??

The Flavor Apprentice Lemon Lime - DIY E-Liquid Flavoring

water soluble

this is the flavor of a LemonLime cooler - refreshing and not too sweet

Ingredients: Natural and Artificial flavors, Propylene Glycol, Ethyl Alcohol, Vitamin E, Polysorbate 80

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Damn that stuff's strong. I'll dilute it and try it again. I just did a finger taste and I think you're right, I taste too much of the FA Corn already.

I just wanted to make sure I was understanding the notes, and wasn't giving enough credence to how strong the flavor is. Learning as I go.

Thanks
You’re welcome :)

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Okay, this might be incredibly dumb of me but I was never aware of this. Could this be a problem? Look at the ingredients here. Vitamin E ??

water soluble

Ingredients: Natural and Artificial flavors, Propylene Glycol, Ethyl Alcohol, Vitamin E, Polysorbate 80
Uh oh o_O

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Finally got around to getting the stuff needed for Wayne's 'water malone' at diy or die. Pretty damn good recipe. It's still pretty fresh, mixed up 60ml of it. A little heavier on the rind but overall not too damn bad. I know quite a few enjoy it and have made it, a little late on it but happy with it. Not sure if I'll add any sweetener to it or not, I might try a few drops and see what happens. Even without it's pretty good. Pretty sure I'll be keeping this recipe handy.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

water soluble

Yeah, that doesn't look good. I'll be checking ingredients on all the flavors I have. Thanks for the heads-up.

Thank goodness the vitamin E is listed toward the end of the ingredients, meaning there's less of it than would be indicated if it was closer to the beginning.

Howard Hughes

the way of the future....
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Earlier this year I seem to recall some folks ordering some FA Bread Crust. (Howard Hughes ?)

https://flavourart.com/en/store/flavors/savoury/bread-crust-flavor/

(YES!...it's on Sale!)

I do remember some nasty comments posted on this flavor, but that was years ago. Anyone have some comments on this flavor? (Other than health safety warnings ;) )
I did get it & wow is it strong! I only tried it in one recipe at 1% & next time it will be half that guaranteed. Tasted kind of burnt. I have to get back to experimenting with that one again sometime.

Last edited:

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
lol.. I keep hoping more besides @gopher_byrd @Letitia9 and @Artemis might try some of my recipes..
but nopes.. ahh well.. at least I enjoy mixing up good juice.. maybe one of these days others might try them out..
maybe is stretching it.. :)
I was going threw your 325 recipes last night...
geez dats a NICE recipe box you have.
yet dang
I only have 24 little bottles of flavorah..

and you use NOTHING BUT flavorah..
maybe you should figure out how ..
I could enter what I have avalable
and you tell me what i can make. { like they do for da supper recipies}

ya now DATS a GOOD idea

why wasen't I born a rockafeller

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
lol.. I keep hoping more besides @gopher_byrd @Letitia9 and @Artemis might try some of my recipes..
but nopes.. ahh well.. at least I enjoy mixing up good juice.. maybe one of these days others might try them out..
I'm getting to be a inclusive Flavorah mixer. I just hope I will be able to buy the flavorings after May 2020. I don't even touch the other flavor vendors anymore. I'm just waiting to get a decent paycheck. :) I only have about 60 flavorah flavors right now. I need more.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I’m going to make your Lemon Meringue Pie.

it’s not that people don’t want to mix your recipes it’s just that it’s a huge investment. Especially since most of us are well stock with other brands.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I was going threw your 325 recipes last night...
geez dats a NICE recipe box you have.
yet dang
I only have 24 little bottles of flavorah..

and you use NOTHING BUT flavorah..
maybe you should figure out how ..
I could enter what I have avalable
and you tell me what i can make. { like they do for da supper recipies}

ya now DATS a GOOD idea

why wasen't I born a rockafeller

lol well ya see... if you join up on elr... you have this thang called a stash.. ;)

https://e-liquid-recipes.com/guide#Working_with_your_flavor_stash

the rest of the help is found here

https://e-liquid-recipes.com/guide read over it, as it has a lot of help for the calculator site :)

I'm getting to be a inclusive Flavorah mixer. I just hope I will be able to buy the flavorings after May 2020. I don't even touch the other flavor vendors anymore. I'm just waiting to get a decent paycheck. :) I only have about 60 flavorah flavors right now. I need more.

@Artemis lolol.. It is so good and I will be able I hope!! to share some good news in the next few weeks, so hang in!! In fact a lot of good news.. :)
Oh and don't forget the Halloween contests.. one on elr and one on fb.. :) I can't wait!! I dont know who is going to win... (Tam is helping with the drawings now) and.. it will be lots of fun!

I’m going to make your Lemon Meringue Pie.

it’s not that people don’t want to mix your recipes it’s just that it’s a huge investment. Especially since most of us are well stock with other brands.

Aim for the lemon tart pie... it's better! :p

Issue is.. with the bans, and even without.. Flavorah is an all American flavor company.. The lab behind them is ages old.. in fact not too far from me at all. :) and I think you will enjoy the good news I have when I can "let the gennie out the bottle" I just can't say anything on anything right now.. but there is a lot of hope coming! :)

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
sue is.. with the bans, and even without.. Flavorah is an all American flavor company.. The lab behind them is ages old.. in fact not too far from me at all. :) and I think you will enjoy the good news I have when I can "let the gennie out the bottle" I just can't say anything on anything right now.. but there is a lot of hope coming!
Sounds good! I'll be looking for the info. I will also look out for the contest.
genie.gif

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years

thats it. i have no doubt that there are at least 10 that i would love so much that i would suck her toes.
but at 325, i gave up looking further than about 100. i just don't know enough to say "that looks good", and it actually be good.
and i only have 3 Flv = pound cake, mango, and vanilla pudding.

most of you here, have no idea how much i wish at least 1 of you lived close'ish to me.
but, "i" do know how much you are glad you don't. :D

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
lol well ya see... if you join up on elr... you have this thang called a stash.. ;)

https://e-liquid-recipes.com/guide#Working_with_your_flavor_stash

the rest of the help is found here

https://e-liquid-recipes.com/guide read over it, as it has a lot of help for the calculator site :)

@Artemis lolol.. It is so good and I will be able I hope!! to share some good news in the next few weeks, so hang in!! In fact a lot of good news.. :)
Oh and don't forget the Halloween contests.. one on elr and one on fb.. :) I can't wait!! I dont know who is going to win... (Tam is helping with the drawings now) and.. it will be lots of fun!

Aim for the lemon tart pie... it's better! :p

Issue is.. with the bans, and even without.. Flavorah is an all American flavor company.. The lab behind them is ages old.. in fact not too far from me at all. :) and I think you will enjoy the good news I have when I can "let the gennie out the bottle" I just can't say anything on anything right now.. but there is a lot of hope coming! :)
well I WILL BE DANGED...

What can I make with the flavors I have?
Clicking What can I make? will simply show you all the recipes on ELR that you can make with the exact flavors you have in your stash.

It is important that you have named your flavors in your stash using the name that most people use!

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
thats it. i have no doubt that there are at least 10 that i would love so much that i would suck her toes.
but at 325, i gave up looking further than about 100. i just don't know enough to say "that looks good", and it actually be good.
and i only have 3 Flv = pound cake, mango, and vanilla pudding.

most of you here, have no idea how much i wish at least 1 of you lived close'ish to me.
but, "i" do know how much you are glad you don't. :D

I will agree to most anything, other than toe sucking!! o_O:p:D

thing is. I always do give always elsewhere.. I cant here.. You guys dont want me lumped in with the rest of the site giveaways, so there is no space here.. sad really.. cuz I do enjoy doing the contests.. :D Then there is the sales from resellers.. if you can buy the rest of the manufactures, there are always ways to find a sale... I managed.
Im just a single mom, I dont get child support, nada.. I dont work for flv, contrary to popular believe, but yes I am an affiliate. Yes I do work for a lab.. but my pay is about the same if I flipped burgers at burger king.. I dont mind, I do it all for the chase of the flavor of the moment.
Just saying.. if you want something bad enough, it will happen if you keep up with what you want :)

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
well I WILL BE DANGED...

What can I make with the flavors I have?
Clicking What can I make? will simply show you all the recipes on ELR that you can make with the exact flavors you have in your stash.

It is important that you have named your flavors in your stash using the name that most people use!

Did I open up the rabbit hole for you, @DaBunny :bliss::tantrum:
:stars::stars2::hearts:

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Finally got around to getting the stuff needed for Wayne's 'water malone' at diy or die. Pretty damn good recipe. It's still pretty fresh, mixed up 60ml of it. A little heavier on the rind but overall not too damn bad. I know quite a few enjoy it and have made it, a little late on it but happy with it. Not sure if I'll add any sweetener to it or not, I might try a few drops and see what happens. Even without it's pretty good. Pretty sure I'll be keeping this recipe handy.
It’s definitely a good one. Probably the most accurate watermelon recipe out there. Most others are candyish....which is fine for me!

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
and then this thread goes silent... o_O

ok what flavor companies are you mixing with today? any sweets for the sweets or is it ginger and pumpkin spice?? :vino:

btw.. edit 10/23... dont no one at all like this post of mine! :p

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
and then this thread goes silent... o_O

ok what flavor companies are you mixing with today? any sweets for the sweets or is it ginger and pumpkin spice?? :vino:

I seem to be stuck on chocolate lately. All I want to vape is chocolate right now, so apparently it has nothing to do with the season.

It's like getting a song stuck in your head, which happens to me all the time, too. I go from constant bubblegum to constant coffee to constant chocolate. Vape variations of one theme until I'm a little sick of it, then switch to something else.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Would love to try a few but I don't have many FLV. My money is going for gear and nic atm. When I can't buy those I'll have more money for FLV. I am going to get the Smoothie base next order, been wanting that one since reading about it. After stocking up I'm going to dig into the FLV citrus'.

Howard Hughes

the way of the future....
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

water soluble

I just pulled the TFA Lemon Lime & Key Lime from my cabinet because they both contain Vitamin E, according to their website. I have quite a few TFA flavors, but those are the only two that showed having it in the ingredient list. Kind of sucks, because I just made (weekend before last) a Lemon Lime Pie mix that tastes excellent, but will be getting rid of it now & starting over, subbing in another Lime or Key Lime flavoring.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I seem to be stuck on chocolate lately. All I want to vape is chocolate right now, so apparently it has nothing to do with the season.

It's like getting a song stuck in your head, which happens to me all the time, too. I go from constant bubblegum to constant coffee to constant chocolate. Vape variations of one theme until I'm a little sick of it, then switch to something else.
I too have been in a chocolate mood. I think after a summer of vaping mostly fruits and the onset of the colder weather I am really looking for something deeper and richer. It's been a great swap. That one I posted a few days ago was great with the lava cake and clotted cream fudge. I need to make more.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I just pulled the TFA Lemon Lime & Key Lime from my cabinet because they both contain Vitamin E, according to their website. I have quite a few TFA flavors, but those are the only two that showed having it in the ingredient list. Kind of sucks, because I just made (weekend before last) a Lemon Lime Pie mix that tastes excellent, but will be getting rid of it now & starting over, subbing in another Lime or Key Lime flavoring.

TFA's Citrus Punch has vitamin E as well.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
you have NO IDEA how DEEP dat hole i got stuck in was??
4am this morning and am still Reading..

then again i got it stuck in da DUTCH lang for a while then Chineese...
its a great site ... { just a bit tuff to navagate} yet am learning...

lol I was stuck with german this morning.. till I drank my Irish creamed coffee ;)

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i recently made a bottle of a menthol by request of a friend, she seem to really like. I made her a minty menthol, you know Christmas is coming:)
I don't like menthol so it was just a throw together but I tried it and I even liked it. If anyone here likes menthol and has these flavors could you please try it and tell me what you think.
Thank you in advance:)
Here's the recipe:

Minty Menthol
.2 FA Perigue Black
2.5% FA Arctic Winter
5% FW Candy Cane
.5% TFA Wintergreen
.5% TFA Creme De Mint
2 Drops of Koolada per 10 ml

Seems best after 4 or 5 days

VU Sponsors