Become a Patron!

The Daily Mixing Thread

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Shoot I have everything except the FLV Poundcake & I just placed my BCF order this morning.

edit: I do have the DIYFS Pound Cake, wonder if that’ll work?
you could sub a different cake. Something denser. Maybe like gooey butter cake diyfs, or whatever you have. I have trouble tasting cake flavors so I like to layer them. The butter my biscuit does a good job of that for me.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The last two times I ordered bottles, I got the super-cheap ones from iVapeSupply. They're 30 ml LDPE, wide mouth, 19 cents each. Work fine for me. Not as fancy as name-brand gorilla bottles, but the price is surely right.

These are the ones I've been getting:

https://www.ivapesupply.com/ivapesupply/30ml-unicorn-plastic-bottle-with-wide-open-top.html

(LDPE is opaque, squishy plastic; PET is clear, crinkly plastic)
I first got one of those as a throw in from a TMaxx NoFrills juice order. I found them on Fasttech and got a few dozen. I like the tips and the wide opening for mixing directly into them. I use all kinds of styles of bottles. I try to pick some up from orders when I can.

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think I may have mixed and shared something like this before, but in case I didn’t, I made this and I’ve been vaping it the past couple of days and it’s just getting better with age.
771ec085075126a584ce646092b26924.png

You’re not drinking water are you? You realize that’s an ingredient in antifreeze!

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I think I may have mixed and shared something like this before, but in case I didn’t, I made this and I’ve been vaping it the past couple of days and it’s just getting better with age.

You’re not drinking water are you? You realize that’s an ingredient in antifreeze!
I don’t think you did but it looks great! And I can mix it, too! Good to see ya around!

marter

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Looks good, and I can mix it also. Thanks for the recipe. What's the steep time?

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Getting ready to order from BCF and I need some 30ml bottles. All they have is the LDPE chubby gorillas.

What's the preference here? I can never remember PET vs. LDPE, etc. What do you like and where do you get them?

For 30's I get these from FT
https://www.fasttech.com/products/2121500

(FastTech will have a 2-day site-wide promotion from Oct 30 to 31 (UTC -6).

All the products will be 15% off! Grab the chance to get this big offer!

Promotion Date: Oct 30 00:00 - Oct 31 23:59 (UTC -6)

Offer: Site-wide 15% off

Code: CANDY15 )

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
View attachment 148847

this came out really good after a five day steep. I think I will put it back in the cabinet and give it another 5, but I'm digging it right now.

This looks fabulous and I have everything to mix it except the "Butter My Biscuit." I'm particular about cookie flavors, might have to go with an extra drop or two of Butter Cream and Caps Sugar Cookie in its place. I know that's probably not right, not the same mix of flavors, but omg I just can't do FA Cookie.

I have:

TFA Oatmeal Cookie
Caps Sugar Cookie
FA Cookie (blech)
Inw Shortbread
WF Almond Cookie

as well as a couple other "breads" like WF Croissant and Caps Glazed Doughnut

Any suggestions? Now that I look at them all, I wonder if the TFA Oatmeal Cookie would be a good choice.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This looks fabulous and I have everything to mix it except the "Butter My Biscuit." I'm particular about cookie flavors, might have to go with an extra drop or two of Butter Cream and Caps Sugar Cookie in its place. I know that's probably not right, not the same mix of flavors, but omg I just can't do FA Cookie.

I have:

TFA Oatmeal Cookie
Caps Sugar Cookie
FA Cookie (blech)
Inw Shortbread
WF Almond Cookie

as well as a couple other "breads" like WF Croissant and Caps Glazed Doughnut

Any suggestions? Now that I look at them all, I wonder if the TFA Oatmeal Cookie would be a good choice.
I didn't really use the biscuit to add a cookie flavor. I used it to back up the cake because I don't taste cake flavors all that great. I would say like 1% max of inw shortbread would add that same buttery note that I was looking for with the Butter My Biscuit. I would have used inw biscuit, but I'm not overly fond of that flavor.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I didn't really use the biscuit to add a cookie flavor. I used it to back up the cake because I don't taste cake flavors all that great. I would say like 1% max of inw shortbread would add that same buttery note that I was looking for with the Butter My Biscuit. I would have used inw biscuit, but I'm not overly fond of that flavor.

Ok, thanks, that sounds good! I will mix it up first chance I get.

Lemon cake is my favorite, besides Italian Creme Cake. A good lemon cake vape would be hard to pass up.

marter

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For 30's I get these from FT
https://www.fasttech.com/products/2121500

(FastTech will have a 2-day site-wide promotion from Oct 30 to 31 (UTC -6).

All the products will be 15% off! Grab the chance to get this big offer!

Promotion Date: Oct 30 00:00 - Oct 31 23:59 (UTC -6)

Offer: Site-wide 15% off

Code: CANDY15 )
Thanks @nadalama I ordered 50 of these from iVapeSupply https://www.ivapesupply.com/ivapesupply/30ml-unicorn-plastic-bottle-with-wide-open-top.html. They apparently come with nicotine in them according to the warning.
Unicorn bottles.PNG

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Mess away and in fact.. love to see how you tinker, @nadalama .. it would make me laugh right along side of you :)

I mixed my adaptation of your recipe and it's had about 36 hours to marinate. After an initial sample, I made a couple of minor tweaks and it has become something wonderful! I noted the changes in the post I initially made so if anyone else mixes this version, they'll have the right numbers.

Well done! This is a keeper, very very good. I would describe it as a medium roast sweet-ish creamed coffee with a syrup-and-pastry backnote. Can see how it would be very good, early in the morning.

Thanks @Smoky Blue !

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I have made like 3 or 4 versions of a lemon cake and every time the cake aspect has been a bit lacking. This is the first one I've made that I like a lot.

I discovered a few weeks ago that 1% or so of OOO Powdered Sugar brings cake flavors forward. Adds a sweet crusty flavor. Maybe you could try that in a mix you've been less than thrilled with.

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I discovered a few weeks ago that 1% or so of OOO Powdered Sugar brings cake flavors forward. Adds a sweet crusty flavor. Maybe you could try that in a mix you've been less than thrilled with.
was looking crossed eyed at that..OOO powder sugar
cakes can often be so ??? ... tasting. and i wondered how that would work...

{ find this so in baking as well}
IMO
IT has to be Moist.
has to be smooth
so how bout angle food cake W/ -sponge- pound- to lighten the heavy?

would That not make it more like a genoese sponge

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
was looking crossed eyed at that..OOO powder sugar
cakes can often be so ??? ... tasting. and i wondered how that would work...

{ find this so in baking as well}
IMO
IT has to be Moist.
has to be smooth
so how bout angle food cake W/ -sponge- pound- to lighten the heavy?

would That not make it more like a genoese sponge

I can't explain to you how it works, but it does.

The problem I have with cake flavors in eliquid isn't that they're too heavy, it's that they get bowled over by stronger flavors. They just blend in and fade away, especially if there is any chocolate or stronger fruit flavor involved.

One of the flavors that helps add moistness is Cap Cake Batter, at less than 1%. Takes time to steep, though. Small amounts of custards or vanilla cremes often help as well.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
This is true! I’ve tried it and it works. I’m probably going to remix all my cake recipes with the powdered sugar addition. Genius!

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I can't explain to you how it works, but it does.

The problem I have with cake flavors in eliquid isn't that they're too heavy, it's that they get bowled over by stronger flavors. They just blend in and fade away, especially if there is any chocolate or stronger fruit flavor involved.

One of the flavors that helps add moistness is Cap Cake Batter, at less than 1%. Takes time to steep, though. Small amounts of custards or vanilla cremes often help as well.
This is also true. Keep it low.....cake batter can take over anything it comes in contact with. And the custard/cream is also true. I pretty much always add a touch of Custard Premium to any cake for the moistness...

Last edited:

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is also true. Keep it low.....cake batter can take over anything it comes in contact with. And the custard/cream is also true. I pretty much always add a touch of Custard Premium to any cake for the moistness...
I maybe should try FW Cake Batter Dip, I don't really love cap cake batter even at like 0.25% I will also try the powdered sugar. I have only messed with powdered sugar once after SFT and I thought it gave my recipe a dryness, but I am not sure it was that. I also think after the recipe steeped for a month I ended up loving it.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I maybe should try FW Cake Batter Dip, I don't really love cap cake batter even at like 0.25% I will also try the powdered sugar. I have only messed with powdered sugar once after SFT and I thought it gave my recipe a dryness, but I am not sure it was that. I also think after the recipe steeped for a month I ended up loving it.
FW Cake Batter Dip is good.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
FW Cake Batter Dip is good.
My thinking exactly. Maybe I will try a remix of the one I posted, but I am getting a pretty solid buttery cake flavor out of it at the moment. I think FE Lemon really does a great job of blending in with bakery flavors. FLV Frosting is amazing and the little bit of LA Cream Cheese Icing isn't overpowering anything, really it blends nicely with the FLV and creates a nice glazed frosting almost like a drizzle.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My thinking exactly. Maybe I will try a remix of the one I posted, but I am getting a pretty solid buttery cake flavor out of it at the moment. I think FE Lemon really does a great job of blending in with bakery flavors. FLV Frosting is amazing and the little bit of LA Cream Cheese Icing isn't overpowering anything, really it blends nicely with the FLV and creates a nice glazed frosting almost like a drizzle.
I didn’t get a chance today to mix your recipe, hopefully tomorrow, I’ll try subbing the FLV Poundcake with the DIYFS Gooey Butter Cake as you suggested.

where would you put the FW Cake Batter Dip?

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

The peach cake recipe that I mixed and first realized that the powdered sugar helped it so much, that one was a long steeper too. As you say, it took about a month, although it seemed in this case that what needed time was the FW peach I used in it. I pick up a harsh edge in that flavor, at least when mixed with bakeries, that took a long time to steep out.

It doesn't do that in gums. Go figure.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
@88ArDeN88 I mixed up your Frosted Lemon Cake with the Inw Shortbread sub (at 1%) and it's fantastic. I won't be able to keep myself from sampling this one every day. Thanks for sharing!

Also mixed up a Coconut Cream Pie. A while back I had worked on an adaptation of Nick Evans' Lemon Meringue Pie The Best Yet using flavors I have onhand. It occurred to me that if I changed the Lemon Tart to Coconut Cream Pie and the Lemon Sicily to Coconut Extra, I'd have Coconut Cream Pie! So I did. Knuckle test is good but it's going to need a little bit of a steep.

Last edited:

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
NicotineRiver is no more? I got a email from River Supply Company so it looks like they changed their name. Sorry if this has already been mentioned.. I also heard ECigExpress will be called Flavor Jungle. I guess it would be smart to drop the terms "E-Cig" or "Nicotine" these days. Bastards have it out for all of us.. It would really suck if either of those sites closed.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
NicotineRiver is no more? I got a email from River Supply Company so it looks like they changed their name. Sorry if this has already been mentioned.. I also heard ECigExpress will be called Flavor Jungle. I guess it would be smart to drop the terms "E-Cig" or "Nicotine" these days. Bastards have it out for all of us.. It would really suck if either of those sites closed.
I wonder if ecig express will be selling nicotine? I suppose I'll have to buy another liter or two.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've got a question that someone here may be able to answer. Have you ever tasted Joy in FA's Apple Pie? I've normally used it at very low %s, but I tried some the other day at 2%, in a mix, and I got a jolt of Joy. I hate Joy. Really, really hate it. Or can it be AP?

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've got a question that someone here may be able to answer. Have you ever tasted Joy in FA's Apple Pie? I've normally used it at very low %s, but I tried some the other day at 2%, in a mix, and I got a jolt of Joy. I hate Joy. Really, really hate it. Or can it be AP?
I do not get a joy note. I use it at like 2% for a crust and like 4% to get a hint of apple if I remember correctly.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Modified a recipe (@Smoky Blue )
Twinkie Batter
Original recipe (all Flv)
Pound cake 0.60%
Cupcake batter 0.30%
Sweet Dough 0.30%
Cookie 0.30%
Vanilla Custard 0.60%

Changed to
Pound cake 0.80%
Cupcake batter 0.4%
Sweet dough 0.4%
Cookie 0.4%
Subbed Marshmallow vanilla at 0.6%

I know my SIL is going to love this. I have a 100mL tester going on with this.
P.S. I thought I had Vanilla Custard. Of course not. I have to order it.

Howard Hughes

the way of the future....
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone ever messed around with JF Strawberry Sweet? I received it as a freebie yesterday with a flavor order & have never tried it. It smells nice & from what I've read, may not fade as much as CAP. I am hooked on the JF Biscuit & it will soon replace INW in all my recipes.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Anyone ever messed around with JF Strawberry Sweet? I received it as a freebie yesterday with a flavor order & have never tried it. It smells nice & from what I've read, may not fade as much as CAP. I am hooked on the JF Biscuit & it will soon replace INW in all my recipes.
Ooooo, lucky you! You are correct. It does not fade as bad as Caps.....it’s definitely a little more intense than Caps, as well. I love it. You still have to layer it with another strawberry, of course. Have fun with it!

Howard Hughes

the way of the future....
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ooooo, lucky you! You are correct. It does not fade as bad as Caps.....it’s definitely a little more intense than Caps, as well. I love it. You still have to layer it with another strawberry, of course. Have fun with it!
Nice, I was thinking about combining it with half as much Strawberry Ripe in an upcoming recipe. Thanks.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don’t get Joy out of the FA Apple Pie either.

VU Sponsors