Become a Patron!

The Daily Mixing Thread

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's a recipe that I found on Wayne Walker's site. I changed two flavors and the name. If you can let it sit for three weeks, it truly becomes heavenly.

Custard Heaven

Custard - INW 2%
Custard Prem - FA 1%
Holy Vanilla - DIYFS 3%
Sugar Daddy - RICK's 1% (If you use CAP Super Sweet, then it should be about .5%)
Yes, We Cheesecake - INW 3%

Last edited:

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Here's a recipe that I found on Wayne Walker's site. I changed two flavors and the name. If you can let it sit for three weeks, it truly becomes heavenly.

Custard Heaven

Custard - INW 2%
Custard Prem - FA 1%
Holy Vanilla - DIYFS 3%
Sugar Daddy - RICK's 1% (If you use CAP Super Sweet, then it should be about .5%)
Yes, We Cheesecake - INW 3%
Sounds great!

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got a juice called Candy Cane from the Sauce LA that I really liked. I wanted to try to mix something similar. Is a Candy cane flavor made from peppermint, or a mix of mint?
That I'm not sure, pretty certain it's peppermint. Some may use wintergreen but traditionally I believe it's just peppermint. I tried a flavor from vapewild originally called christmas hooker that was pretty spot on. Down to the kind of chalky candy taste under the peppermint. Not sure what's used to replicate that.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That I'm not sure, pretty certain it's peppermint. Some may use wintergreen but traditionally I believe it's just peppermint. I tried a flavor from vapewild originally called christmas hooker that was pretty spot on. Down to the kind of chalky candy taste under the peppermint. Not sure what's used to replicate that.
Flavor West Candy Cane is kinda like that. Been a really long time since I vaped it, so that was my ego/protank mini days, lol.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Flavor West Candy Cane is kinda like that. Been a really long time since I vaped it, so that was my ego/protank mini days, lol.

I kinda wish I saved my EVODs and other old stuff. But the Ego was a pita, imho. I found a charger for them the other day buried somewhere in my house. :teehee: Another one for the Vapocalypse stash!

Thanks for the heads up about FW Candy Cane. I’ll look for it.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wonder if this is close to the Kings Custard one shot I have by WW. It sounds like it would be pretty similar.

I don't know that flavor but a quick look at ELR and I saw a couple of clones with RY4. What makes this recipe so good is the Holy Vanilla at that high percentage. I thought it would be too much, but as it ages it just becomes creamier and smoother along with everything else. I normally prefer bright fruit juices, but this is one I can vape all day and be satisfied with it. I just finished mixing up 240ml, but now I have to wait. :wait:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hope you have a wonderful day today!

name_2327.jpg

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't know that flavor but a quick look at ELR and I saw a couple of clones with RY4. What makes this recipe so good is the Holy Vanilla at that high percentage. I thought it would be too much, but as it ages it just becomes creamier and smoother along with everything else. I normally prefer bright fruit juices, but this is one I can vape all day and be satisfied with it. I just finished mixing up 240ml, but now I have to wait. :wait:
I took a screenshot of the recipe yesterday when you posted but now it just moved up on the to-mix list lol! Thanks for sharing :)

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

OOO Powdered Sugar! I've just put together a Christmas mix that's peppermint based, the powdered sugar does the trick. Flv Frosting is a good partner for it.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

I wish I had been smart enough to have grabbed some of that Holy Vanilla before it was reformulated. :gaah:

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I just got a 30ml bottle of it recently but haven't opened it yet. Have you see any discussion of it?
The new stuff? I’ve heard it’s thinner and not as spicy or deep, even after a steep. Definitely not the same as the old stuff. A tragedy. I managed to get one more 30ml of the original before it disappeared.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Nada's Caramel Waffle Cappuccino (@wildgypsy70 how are you coming on yours? Interested to compare!)

Belgian Waffle (LB) 3.3%
Brazilian Coffee (SC) (WF) 0.75%
Butterscotch, Natural (FW) 1.2%
Caramel (Caramello) (FA) 0.8%
French Vanilla Deluxe (TPA) 3.3%
Maple Pecan (FW) 1.2%
Maple Syrup (TPA) 1.2%
Marshmallow (FA) 2%
Vanilla Whipped Cream (CAP) 2.5%

Total 16.25%

Can S&V, but better after a week or so, and keeps getting better.

This one is not a preliminary for me - it's steeped out and in my keep-on-hand list.

Posted mainly for @Rhianne since she's having big hankerings for creamy sweet coffee vapes.

GO EASY on that Brazilian Coffee. A little dab'l do ya.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Here's another one I want to share, this is the one that rolled under my recliner and steeped there for longer than I'm going to admit.

The end result is a wonder indeed. It's now on the keep-on-hand list, but be reminded, it needs a good steep. Throw it up under your recliner and forget about it. :giggle:

Butter Cream Cookie

Butterscotch, Natural (FW) 1.5%
Coconut (FW) 2%
Frosting (Flavorah) 1%
Joy (FA) 0.6%
Powdered Sugar (OOO) 1%
Shortbread (INAWERA) 2.5%
Sugar Cookie (CAP) 2.5%
Vanilla Pudding (Flavorah) 1.5%

Total 12.6%

Just an aside: This recipe may have shown me what the problem is for me with cookie flavors. I am not patient enough to let them steep like they should. There's 5% of various cookies in this recipe, but I do not get the overpowering something gross that I normally get from cookies. So, lesson learned, at least on a conscious level, but it remains to be seen whether my behavior will change. Shall I grow some patience at this point in my life? What are the chances? Oh, the existential questions make my head hurt!

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Here's another one I want to share, this is the one that rolled under my recliner and steeped there for longer than I'm going to admit.

The end result is a wonder indeed. It's now on the keep-on-hand list, but be reminded, it needs a good steep. Throw it up under your recliner and forget about it. :giggle:

Butter Cream Cookie

Coconut (FW) 2%
Frosting (Flavorah) 1%
Joy (FA) 0.6%
Powdered Sugar (OOO) 1%
Sugar Cookie (CAP) 2.5%

Total 12.6%
Have all except coconut and butterscotch. I do have FA butterscotch and FLV. Coconut I think I have FA. You think I could sub out? I also have coconut cookies WF?

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Have all except coconut and butterscotch. I do have FA butterscotch and FLV. Coconut I think I have FA. You think I could sub out? I also have coconut cookies WF?

Is your FLV coconut the regular coconut or Sweet Coconut? Regular coconut I'd take down to 1% (you can always add more if it needs it), Sweet Coconut I'd leave at 2%.

FA Butterscotch, maybe go down by about .5%. That FW Natural Butterscotch is good, but it's not strong.

I think those subs will be just fine!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
MB= Molinberry. I have their Glamour Chocolate, yet it has failed to impress me so far.
Probably user error!

Agree. I've heard I-don't-know-how-many people say how good MBGC is, but it does nothing at all for me, unless I boost it with everything under the sun. Vanillin helps it. FA Cocoa helps it. I think I just want a more in-yer-face chocolate than it delivers.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I stepped in it, then! I tried the CWC from the Sauce LA and really liked it. And I love Salted Caramel Macchiato so a good coffee vape would be great.

Now that I think about it, a Caramel Macchiato was the first coffee recipe I tried to mix, back in the day (April 2018 I think). I used way too much of the coffee flavoring and for months and months didn't touch coffee-vape-anything.

I should go back to that recipe and rework it. To add "Salted," you'd just use a salted caramel flavoring instead of regular caramel or DDL.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Is your FLV coconut the regular coconut or Sweet Coconut? Regular coconut I'd take down to 1% (you can always add more if it needs it), Sweet Coconut I'd leave at 2%.

FA Butterscotch, maybe go down by about .5%. That FW Natural Butterscotch is good, but it's not strong.

I think those subs will be just fine!
I only have FA coconut. (need more coffee). I do have coconut cookies flavoring.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

Thanks, Bob. I’ll look, since I did really like the KC one shot. It was the first flavor I mixed and I was thrilled! It’s expensive, though. :cry:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Now that I think about it, a Caramel Macchiato was the first coffee recipe I tried to mix, back in the day (April 2018 I think). I used way too much of the coffee flavoring and for months and months didn't touch coffee-vape-anything.

I should go back to that recipe and rework it. To add "Salted," you'd just use a salted caramel flavoring instead of regular caramel or DDL.

I had that reaction with a single flavor Passion Fruit juice I bought. The first inhale I took, my brain said “green.” I usually don’t experience taste in colors, though!
I tried it after a short steep and it grossed me out. I still get a weird reaction from PF in juice. It’s like my brain hones in on it.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Is that the Christmas one you just posted? I’ll try that when I feel good mixing more than three ingredients! :teehee:

Please pardon me if I'm speaking out of turn, but I think you're selling yourself short a little. It's no harder to mix ten ingredients than it is to mix two, except for getting the flavors out and putting them back when you're done. Still just a one-step-at-a-time thing.

Here's what helps:

When you go down the recipe to pick flavors, start at the top and get each flavor, set them IN ORDER near where you're mixing. First bottle on the left side of your line of flavors is always the one you grab next. When you're finished with that bottle, set it in a different area to designate that you're finished with it.

Tare your scale, if you're using one, after each flavor, after nic, after each base. Helps you not get confused.

Also put whatever device you're reading the recipe from at eye level, close enough so you can read it and don't have to hold or handle it.

Remember to shake flavoring bottles well before you uncap.

All you need is enough experience to establish an organized routine that works for you, after that you won't think twice about mixing anything you find that sounds good. No worries, darlin! It's all good! :hug:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I had that reaction with a single flavor Passion Fruit juice I bought. The first inhale I took, my brain said “green.” I usually don’t experience taste in colors, though!
I tried it after a short steep and it grossed me out. I still get a weird reaction from PF in juice. It’s like my brain hones in on it.

Your Passion Fruit is my Kiwi. Same flavor "family," isn't that odd? lol

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Please pardon me if I'm speaking out of turn, but I think you're selling yourself short a little. It's no harder to mix ten ingredients than it is to mix two, except for getting the flavors out and putting them back when you're done. Still just a one-step-at-a-time thing.

Here's what helps:

When you go down the recipe to pick flavors, start at the top and get each flavor, set them IN ORDER near where you're mixing. First bottle on the left side of your line of flavors is always the one you grab next. When you're finished with that bottle, set it in a different area to designate that you're finished with it.

Tare your scale, if you're using one, after each flavor, after nic, after each base. Helps you not get confused.

Also put whatever device you're reading the recipe from at eye level, close enough so you can read it and don't have to hold or handle it.

All you need is enough experience to establish an organized routine that works for you, after that you won't think twice about mixing anything you find that sounds good. No worries, darlin! It's all good! :hug:

Thank you! :hug::hug:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Your Passion Fruit is my Kiwi. Same flavor "family," isn't that odd? lol

Sometimes I’m vaping something and the Passion Fruit jumps out and surprises me and I’ll start yelling to myself about it! When I’m alone. I don’t need my hubs coming in and having to explain that I’m having a Passion Flower gross out moment!

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Here's what helps:

I agree in full. One thing I do as well is I write down in a notebook how much I put in of each flavor right after doing it. This prevents me from getting confused or lost when I get distracted.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The new stuff? I’ve heard it’s thinner and not as spicy or deep, even after a steep. Definitely not the same as the old stuff. A tragedy. I managed to get one more 30ml of the original before it disappeared.

That's sad to hear. I guess Shisha Vanilla will be an option. I just read a couple of hours ago that DIYFS French Vanilla is very similar to HV. The reason they reformulated is probably because of the scarcity of vanilla this year. The price has absolutely skyrocketed and HV was expensive enough already and they would have had to increase the price 2-3x and that wouldn't fly. If that is the case then their FV should be affected as well. I'll go look now that I'm thinking about it.

I just checked and they have French Vanilla v2. :(

marter

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Butter Cream Cookie

Coconut (FW) 2%
Frosting (Flavorah) 1%
Joy (FA) 0.6%
Powdered Sugar (OOO) 1%
Sugar Cookie (CAP) 2.5%

Total 12.6%

Just an aside: This recipe may have shown me what the problem is for me with cookie flavors. I am not patient enough to let them steep like they should. There's 5% of various cookies in this recipe, but I do not get the overpowering something gross that I normally get from cookies. So, lesson learned, at least on a conscious level, but it remains to be seen whether my behavior will change. Shall I grow some patience at this point in my life? What are the chances? Oh, the existential questions make my head hurt!
That looks like a good one @nadalama is the FW Coconut the one listed as "Creamy Coconut"? That's the only on BCF has. Or should I just sub my FA Coconut at 1.5%?

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Agree. I've heard I-don't-know-how-many people say how good MBGC is, but it does nothing at all for me, unless I boost it with everything under the sun. Vanillin helps it. FA Cocoa helps it. I think I just want a more in-yer-face chocolate than it delivers.
Might invest in MF dark chocolate, it's mentioned a lot as a favorite chocolate.

VU Sponsors