Become a Patron!

The Daily Mixing Thread

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Ooh, I would love your one shots! I’m looking forward to that. I’m not really doing full recipes yet, just messing around with adding stuff to the one shots I’ve got. Like adding white chocolate peppermint, and vanilla swirl, to peppermint to make a creamy peppermint. Not bad at all. :teehee:

All I can say right now is that we are working on them.. they will be out I hope by Christmas! :)

Don’t tell me someone hunted that boar on your mountain!

Fraid so... they run rampant up there.. along with deer and other animals.. it's a real country smorgasbord ;)

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
MIxed these today
28bf930619b21a883e01063f42c204f3.jpg
ede6a2a6c3cb1372fc69a53b1c294960.jpg
699088b31266ad9d47d52528ccd52a14.jpg

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
sorry folks, i forgot. here it is http://tjek.nu/r/xPyZ i used it last night, cause, well, thats all i had. so far, not for me. but it does need to steep, so who knowws. what i made will last 3-4 weeks, so i will see how it goes.

but this one, i know there will be those that like it. i do, but i know it could be improved on.
http://tjek.nu/r/xHhf

I've only mixed tobaccos a couple of times, but in order to mix it the times I did, I did some reading. Mind if I offer comments? Here we go.

Tobaccos need to steep for quite a while - four to six weeks isn't unreasonable, and some mixers would put that as just the beginning of the steep time needed.

Also, 5% of the RY4 Double sounds REALLY HIGH to me. I would have started that at somewhere around 2.25%. Does it seem like the tobacco flavor is way too strong?

Just something to think about in case you decide to try it again.

If you want to try to do something with the mix you already made, you could use it as half the base for another batch of liquid, and just add the non-tobacco ingredients again. That would dilute your RY4 usage by half.

Oh, and your second link still says the recipe is private.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I've only mixed tobaccos a couple of times, but in order to mix it the times I did, I did some reading. Mind if I offer comments? Here we go.

Tobaccos need to steep for quite a while - four to six weeks isn't unreasonable, and some mixers would put that as just the beginning of the steep time needed.

Also, 5% of the RY4 Double sounds REALLY HIGH to me. I would have started that at somewhere around 2.25%. Does it seem like the tobacco flavor is way too strong?

Just something to think about in case you decide to try it again.

Oh, and your second link still says the recipe is private.

of course you can :)

that long, wow. ok, i will just put that bottle in the cabinet and forget about it. i date my juices.

5%, thats what Rocket has. i just left the %'s and made my subs.
no, not to strong at all.

thought i changed it :oops: http://tjek.nu/r/xHhf

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

that long, wow. ok, i will just put that bottle in the cabinet and forget about it. i date my juices.

I have an LB Vanilla Cream Tobacco that’s pretty good a few days after it’s mixed. But I haven’t even been waiting that long, so it gets vaped the next day. Although you get to taste the changes it goes through.

The one shot Kings Custard (or vanilla custard in general imho) tastes pretty good with some VCT in it. Maybe at 3% to start with? I halved whatever the recommended percentage was.

Just a thought.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I have an LB Vanilla Cream Tobacco that’s pretty good a few days after it’s mixed. But I haven’t even been waiting that long, so it gets vaped the next day. Although you get to taste the changes it goes through.

you got me to thinking. look at this. notice something ?

Attachments

• 20191124_221312.jpg
    20191124_221312.jpg
    314.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 20191124_221510.jpg
    20191124_221510.jpg
    266.8 KB · Views: 19

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
you got me to thinking. look at this. notice something ?

LoL Have you tried it with Cap VC? I used the DoD Kings Custard one shot, but I bet it could be added to any custard. But I don’t want to give out half assed advice since I only tried it with Wayne’s one shot!

I like that VCT, though. I bought some other tobacco flavors but haven’t used them yet. But this is the third time I mixed custard with the LB VCT. I did add some LB Tobacco this time, to bring out the stronger tabac taste hopefully.

5mg is cool. You coming down from 6mg? I keep forgetting to add nic!

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
IMO, TFA DX Peanut Butter with FLV Peanut Butter is a pretty good combo. I’m not a fan of most of the DX flavors, but for some reason, this one is actually better than the original. FLV adds a slightly drier note, like natural PB.

I have the WF Sour Blue Razz, but I haven’t worked with it much. I’d single flavor test it around 3% and see how you like it.

Also, on ELR, if you click on a flavor, it will go to an info page, loaded with percentages used by most people, notes and recipes. Great resource!
I received the peanut butter flavors you recommended today, thanks again.

I'm looking to make a Peanut Butter Custard. I've found a couple recipes, but before mixing I thought I'd ask if there's someone on here who can tell me of a good one that they've tried.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

Omg, that FW Butter Pecan is some good stuff. I bet lots of people will like that mix!

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years

I should warn you that I’m near sighted!! :teehee:

look at the bottle woman.... see the "3-3" ? thats march 3rd. its been steeping for almost 10 months.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
i like it, its a mellow tobacco . i just needed "something" and chucked that in there.

the BP, with some V custard and/or swirl or something like that ?

Absolutely. Yum! Maybe 5-6% BP and 4% custard or vanilla cream. I'd add 1.5% lemon to that, too, but that's just me. Might add .75% Cinnamon Spice or 0.5% Holiday Spice, too.

Butter Pecan, TFA Pralines & Cream, Butterscotch, all taste kinda similar to me and could be used in a basic recipe like this with whatever cream you want. I'm partial to TFA Vanilla Swirl, Flv Vanilla Pudding, Cap Butter Cream, and FA Custard. Also Hangsen French Vanilla Ice Cream or FW Vanilla Bean Ice Cream.

Off the top of my head I've got Butter Pecan Doughnut now - 3% BP, 4% Cap Glazed Doughnut, 0.5% Holiday Spice, 0.5% Cap Cake Batter, 1% OOO Powdered Sugar, 1.5% WF Almond Cookie, 1.5% Flv Frosting, 1% Vanilla Swirl. See what you did? lol

Last edited:

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I received the peanut butter flavors you recommended today, thanks again.

I'm looking to make a Peanut Butter Custard. I've found a couple recipes, but before mixing I thought I'd ask if there's someone on here who can tell me of a good one that they've tried.
I have one, but I’m not at home. I’ll send it to you later.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Absolutely. Yum! Maybe 5-6% BP and 4% custard or vanilla cream. I'd add 1.5% lemon to that, too, but that's just me. Might add .75% Cinnamon Spice or 0.5% Holiday Spice, too.

Butter Pecan, TFA Pralines & Cream, Butterscotch, all taste kinda similar to me and could be used in a basic recipe like this with whatever cream you want. I'm partial to TFA Vanilla Swirl, Flv Vanilla Pudding, Cap Butter Cream, and FA Custard. Also Hangsen French Vanilla Ice Cream or FW Vanilla Bean Ice Cream.

thanx. i have a bunch of those and will give it a Swirl ! while i love my berry juices, i am looking for a change.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Does anyone know what I can add to my tabac juice for the smoky taste? Is it AP or Dirty Neutral base? Or Real Cig?

I’m thinking of smokiness like in Space Jam Eclipse.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@Theboss :

fa 1% Caramel [or slightly higher like 1.5-2% tfa caramel or caramel candy]
fw 1% Peanut Butter
flv 0.5% Peanut Butter
fa 0.5% Whipped Cream
tfa 3% Toasted Marshmallow
fa 2% Marshmallow
tfa 2% Vanilla Swirl

a PB cream I used to mix and like. (The flv PB is new --I used to use tfa pb at 1.5% in its place.) Not exactly custard as you requested, but thick, smooth and creamy and has room to add a few pts of custard or vanilla ice cream of your choosing if you want to thicken it up. I've added a bit of flv banana and fw butterscotch ripple to this with results I like. (Make sure to shake your peanut butter flavors every time. They seem to get weird, musty from sitting.)

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
@Theboss :

fw 1% Peanut Butter
flv 0.5% Peanut Butter
fa 0.5% Whipped Cream
fa 2% Marshmallow
tfa 2% Vanilla Swirl

a PB cream I used to mix and like. (The flv PB is new --I used to use tfa pb at 1.5% in its place.) Not exactly custard as you requested, but thick, smooth and creamy and has room to add a few pts of custard or vanilla ice cream of your choosing if you want to thicken it up. I've added a bit of flv banana and fw butterscotch ripple to this with results I like. (Make sure to shake your peanut butter flavors every time. They seem to get weird, musty from sitting.)
Oh, yum! This looks really good! I’m almost out of the PB I’m using.....I just may mix up this!

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@bobnat I’m vaping your Custard Heaven, I know, I know you said to wait 3 weeks for “Heaven” lol! But its been 9 days & I wanted to give it a try. I love it!!!!!! Thank you!

I'm glad you like it. :)

For my last batch I also got impatient and hit it at two weeks and it's still good. I made a lot so it'll still age. The INW Custard and Premium Custard compliment each other nicely.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
@Theboss :

fw 1% Peanut Butter
flv 0.5% Peanut Butter
fa 0.5% Whipped Cream
fa 2% Marshmallow
tfa 2% Vanilla Swirl

Well, I have TFA Vanilla Swirl...

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
View attachment 150456

this one is going in the winter rotation
This looks great! I just whipped up a small batch to let it sit for a week before I try but a quick test and it's yummy. I don't have VTA Honeycomb and not sure what the profile is for that but I added .5% of a 10% dilution of FA's honey. I need to get some flavors this week so I will look for the VTA Honeycomb

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@Theboss :

fw 1% Peanut Butter
flv 0.5% Peanut Butter
fa 0.5% Whipped Cream
fa 2% Marshmallow
tfa 2% Vanilla Swirl

I'm going to give this one a try too. Thanks!

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This looks great! I just whipped up a small batch to let it sit for a week before I try but a quick test and it's yummy. I don't have VTA Honeycomb and not sure what the profile is for that but I added .5% of a 10% dilution of FA's honey. I need to get some flavors this week so I will look for the VTA Honeycomb
I haven't tried the FA Honey, so I'm not really sure how similar it is. Honeycomb is definitely honey, but also not in some ways? If that makes any sense. It is sweeter than honey is and maybe something of a sugary, caramel, toffee quality to it as well.

VU Sponsors