Become a Patron!

The Daily Mixing Thread

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Im going to do some mixing of some new flavours as well as some I've used for a while.
If I get a success rate of 1 in 3 I'll be happy. I only keep those I think to myslf "yep, if id payed for that in a shop id be happy" the rest go in the bin.
Should be interesting.
The smudging on the labels was from the isopropyl alc smothering they got upon arrival from Melbourne for obvious reasons.
20200808_110239(1).jpg

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Im going to do some mixing of some new flavours as well as some I've used for a while.
If I get a success rate of 1 in 3 I'll be happy. I only keep those I think to myslf "yep, if id payed for that in a shop id be happy" the rest go in the bin.
Should be interesting.
The smudging on the labels was from the isopropyl alc smothering they got upon arrival from Melbourne for obvious reasons.
View attachment 166373
Nice! You’ve got some good ones there.

Howard Hughes

the way of the future....
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Should be interesting.
View attachment 166373
That FLV Cotton Candy is a good one.

laurie9300

Member For 5 Years
Should be interesting.
View attachment 166373
Someone hit the VE 60% of sale hard!

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Someone hit the VE 60% of sale hard!

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
And just in time too. I missed the alert on my phone and caught it just a few hours before it ended.
Unfortunately I missed out on some crazy hardware bargains that were well and truly gone by that time. Ahh well, theres always next years Sophie sale! Real happy with all the flavours though, got everything I wanted. Good crew to deal with the VE guys.
The Steamery is pretty good too but dont quite have the crazy sales VE does now and then.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Just my thoughts on a flavour.
Got a number of flavours just recent on a sale. But 1 of them had me second guessing.
That one was Flavorah Milk Chocolate. I have had some issues with chocolates in my vape journey. The best ever was from Vape Wild, Whiskey Tango Fudge Cake. Try as I may I could never replicate it. Regardless of ideas from others. Some were in the middle throw aways others utter failures. But this from Flavorah is an oddy.
Now im a strict let it steep mixer. But from past choc failures in throwing out 100s of mils in my opinion crap this is an oddy.
I mixed up a trial 10ml batch to do a shake n vape. Shake n vape im not a fan of but as this smelt like INW choc which I HATE I had to do so before wasting more mils.
One day steep. Can't believe im doing this really.
First hit, INW choc which I hate, second hit, not INW choc which I hate! Huh!?
Now its like the choc syrup that is drizzled on a Mac donalds Choc sunday!.
Next hit its just choc!
Have not had this happen before ever.
Ok, after a few hits its not perfect out of the wrapper chocolate but the change from the first hit that has been left idle for 10 plus minutes to the ones that are one after another is startling! Has anyone else experienced this?
Im guessing from this that for sure this is a serious changing steeper.
Thoughts?

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Just my thoughts on a flavour.
Got a number of flavours just recent on a sale. But 1 of them had me second guessing.
That one was Flavorah Milk Chocolate. I have had some issues with chocolates in my vape journey. The best ever was from Vape Wild, Whiskey Tango Fudge Cake. Try as I may I could never replicate it. Regardless of ideas from others. Some were in the middle throw aways others utter failures. But this from Flavorah is an oddy.
Now im a strict let it steep mixer. But from past choc failures in throwing out 100s of mils in my opinion crap this is an oddy.
I mixed up a trial 10ml batch to do a shake n vape. Shake n vape im not a fan of but as this smelt like INW choc which I HATE I had to do so before wasting more mils.
One day steep. Can't believe im doing this really.
First hit, INW choc which I hate, second hit, not INW choc which I hate! Huh!?
Now its like the choc syrup that is drizzled on a Mac donalds Choc sunday!.
Next hit its just choc!
Have not had this happen before ever.
Ok, after a few hits its not perfect out of the wrapper chocolate but the change from the first hit that has been left idle for 10 plus minutes to the ones that are one after another is startling! Has anyone else experienced this?
Im guessing from this that for sure this is a serious changing steeper.
Thoughts?

If my website did not go belly up a bit over a month... I had a ton of notes and tutorials.

I find with the chocolates, as well as the nuts, to keep them low. like under .6% to stop running into that "everlasting change up" anything over that, it will switch on you, depending on what you add it to. It can be beautiful. ;) Best thing next to godvia chocolates. :D

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
If my website did not go belly up a bit over a month... I had a ton of notes and tutorials.

I find with the chocolates, as well as the nuts, to keep them low. like under .6% to stop running into that "everlasting change up" anything over that, it will switch on you, depending on what you add it to. It can be beautiful. ;) Best thing next to godvia chocolates. :D
Ok, thanks for that. Will try some more lower trials then. I absolutely love chocolate to eat but have struggled so much with them vaping wise that I feel like going :gaah: what is it with Chocolates!
The only one im so far happy with is a Nic River choc candy 5%, FA donut 3 to 3.5% with FA Marshmallow 5%. Perfect like Im looooooving it off the planet float to the stars? :giggle:
No, but one I am happy to mix and vape for sure. :) And id recomend it.
But great, thanks for that, im gonna mix a lower. 25 a .5, the one I did at 2%, and wait.
Thanks very much for the info. ?
When I finally nail Chocolate its gonna be :bliss::stars::stars2::hearts::confetti:
Did I mention I like chocolate!?
Oh, and thanks for taking the time to help, much appreciated. ?

Last edited:

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Ok, thanks for that. Will try some more lower trials then. I absolutely love chocolate to eat but have struggled so much with them vaping wise that I feel like going :gaah: what is it with Chocolates!
The only one im so far happy with is a Nic River choc candy 5%, FA donut 3 to 3.5% with FA Marshmallow 5%. Perfect like Im looooooving it off the planet float to the stars? :giggle:
No, but one I am happy to mix and vape for sure. :) And id recomend it.
But great, thanks for that, im gonna mix a lower. 25 a .5, the one I did at 2%, and wait.
Thanks very much for the info. ?
When I finally nail Chocolate its gonna be :bliss::stars::stars2::hearts::confetti:
Did I mention I like chocolate!?
Oh, and thanks for taking the time to help, much appreciated. ?

I love chocolate too..

You might want to try this recipe out.. https://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/3660481/Smoky Blue's Startbucks Macchiato

It is a clone of Nitro's cold brew macchiato. To me, all that really needs to be toyed with is the cooling :)

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I love chocolate too..

You might want to try this recipe out.. https://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/3660481/Smoky Blue's Startbucks Macchiato

It is a clone of Nitro's cold brew macchiato. To me, all that really needs to be toyed with is the cooling :)
All Flv too. Im gonna need to wait for another sale. I just blew my vape budget recently on one here :giggle:
I am looking forward to getting more of their flavours next time I have a spend so ill screenshot that recipe and keep it on file. ?
Thanks for that.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
All Flv too. Im gonna need to wait for another sale. I just blew my vape budget recently on one here :giggle:
I am looking forward to getting more of their flavours next time I have a spend so ill screenshot that recipe and keep it on file. ?
Thanks for that.

Keep the link.. there are over 3 yrs of nothing but flavorah recipes there.
I run a page and group on fb.. links are in my signature. I do giveaways sometimes too.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Got some flavors in from Gremberry Farms yesterday, among which is LB's Lava Cake. @wildgypsy70 and @88ArDeN88 I feel fairly certain I've seen recipes from both of you using this flavor. Care to point me toward a few good uses of it?
Yessssss......well, wait. It’s the new one, isn’t it. Hmmmmmmmm.....they changed the formulation a while back. I don’t have the new one. The old one was if you used it low(under 3%), it was chocolate sauce. Above that, it turned into chocolate cake.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Today I tried the Flavour Art Black Touch licorice. Usually I steep things for weeks but as my FW licorice is good to go in a few days I had a go on this at the 6 day mark.
It has a different profile to FW (which is a delicious candy type). FA is an earthy, herb licorice. Just like it smells. Reminds me of European Salty licorice gums. And I dont really like them or this to be honest. But my misses does like it. Theres no off taste, in fact its spot on the European licorice, they nailed that. So its not a failure taste just not my taste.
But anyone who likes that Dutch type licorice, this is it.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yesterday I mixed up a one shot of GOC and then mixed up a 120 ml of GOC. That should keep me going for a few more weeks on the road. I mix all my OTR juices in 120's so I don't have to mix them as often. I use the 120s to refill the 50s I take with me.

It's hard to mix in the summer since I have to turn off my ceiling fan to mix on my scales. It's turn off the fan mix one bottle then turn on the fan again to cool off. I'm totally ready for autumn.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
OMG.....I remembered! Happy Monday!View attachment 166941

If I were to make something like this.. I'd use:

All Flavorah

.6% cookie
.4% graham cracker
.6% cream
.4% peanut butter
.12% kinako soy
.06% milk chocolate
.2% sweet coconut
.06% white chocolate
.12% pastry zest
1% marshmallow vanilla

and I would let it sit up for eh... 3-5 days :)

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Morning!! Is there any other place besides Chef's to get the FA prem custard. My last order which was about $40 ( dammit ) Ordered Aug 2nd and still not received :( I figured since I was getting the custard I may as well get other flavors I needed. Ya, not gonna do that again. That or wasn't there a work around by adding caps golden butter ( if it was caps ) to inw custard? If anyone has the recipe for that. Worse case I will do that. Thanks and Happy Friday to all

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Morning!! Is there any other place besides Chef's to get the FA prem custard. My last order which was about $40 ( dammit ) Ordered Aug 2nd and still not received :( I figured since I was getting the custard I may as well get other flavors I needed. Ya, not gonna do that again. That or wasn't there a work around by adding caps golden butter ( if it was caps ) to inw custard? If anyone has the recipe for that. Worse case I will do that. Thanks and Happy Friday to all
Nope. Europe is the only place you can get Custard Premium. Nom Nomz might have it?

Try TFA Vanilla Custard II. It’s not quite as buttery, but it’s a relatively good substitute. Bummer about your order. I’m sure it will show up.......fingers crossed.

Let me know if you need some! I have plenty!

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Nope. Europe is the only place you can get Custard Premium. Nom Nomz might have it?

Try TFA Vanilla Custard II. It’s not quite as buttery, but it’s a relatively good substitute. Bummer about your order. I’m sure it will show up.......fingers crossed.

Let me know if you need some! I have plenty!
Thanks, you're a gem. I will try the TFA VCII and maybe put a few drops of the golden butter in it. Or just try it by itself first. Chef's did say to contact them if I still do not have it by the 16th of Sept. Was a big order for me ( boo usps ) Maybe they can file a claim on their end or something becuase my complaints have fallen of deaf ears at usps. They told me I could write a letter to the Postmaster General ( assholes ) It does have a tracking number but after it left Chicago intl it went poof like a fart in the wind

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thanks, you're a gem. I will try the TFA VCII and maybe put a few drops of the golden butter in it. Or just try it by itself first. Chef's did say to contact them if I still do not have it by the 16th of Sept. Was a big order for me ( boo usps ) Maybe they can file a claim on their end or something becuase my complaints have fallen of deaf ears at usps. They told me I could write a letter to the Postmaster General ( assholes ) It does have a tracking number but after it left Chicago intl it went poof like a fart in the wind
Yeah.....I had something ordered(not vape related) take a month to get here(VA) from CA. Just got it today. I thought I had lost it in Utah.

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thanks, I mean hopefully it shows up, but come the first I will have to go through my order list from chefs and get what I can from Bull City. Plus the TFA VC I. I did also read that TFA French Vanilla Deluxe is supposed to be the bomb, so I may get some of that also :)

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Tried mixing 2 fruits tonight I had never mixed before. Oooh this is pretty good.

Blue Appleberry..........

Cap Double Apple 4%
JF Apple 1%
VSO Blueberry 1% ( this stuff is strong but awesome)
Cap Super Sweet .05%

Good right off the shake too. In the sugar lips territory for sure but not sticky sweet.

I will work on Monday's pic tomorrow. I have a few idea's rolling around :)

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Marzipan Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing

FA Marzipan 2.5% ( I originally did 3% and while still good I get a bit of a "tinny" taste at 3% )
LA Cream Cheese Icing 2%
FW Vanilla Cupcake 1.5%
TFA Vanilla Swirl 1%
Sugar Daddy Sweetener 1% ( yep, that high ) :)

Pretty decent. I will check it again after a few days steep time

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Incase you didn't look at the sticky sale thread... @BullCityFlavors.com

View attachment 168193
Thanks for posting this. I will probably order some flavors from there.

Sorry if this has been gone over but Bullcity looks to be expecting LOTS of SSA flavors or Super Aroma. What's the story on those, does anyone know? There's like over two pages of them. What's the other S stand for and where do they come from?

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Sorry if this has been gone over but Bullcity looks to be expecting LOTS of SSA flavors or Super Aroma. What's the story on those, does anyone know? There's like over two pages of them. What's the other S stand for and where do they come from?
Oooo so happy to hear that Bullcity will be carry SSA! All I know is that Nick Evan’s has been using them & I believe they’re new to us. I just go SSA Milky Caramel Fudge I haven’t tried it yet.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Sobucky. They’re in the Molinberry/Chemnovatic family. Being that I like both of those, I am definitely getting a few of these.

jcash74

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was wondering if I can add sweetener to make this stuff easier to vape? Going to unsweetened is tough after enjoying the good stuff!

Since I got the 70/30 I'm afraid if I try a 1 shot it'll mess up my ratio too much as I like 70/30 for my juice.
836cb93234536ed189f16d27069a04a3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I was wondering if I can add sweetener to make this stuff easier to vape? Going to unsweetened is tough after enjoying the good stuff!

Since I got the 70/30 I'm afraid if I try a 1 shot it'll mess up my ratio too much as I like 70/30 for my juice.
836cb93234536ed189f16d27069a04a3.jpg

You can! I’d start with 0.5 and move your way up if you need it sweeter.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Any specific type of sweetener? I don't have any here and need to order it.

If you use Capella SS, to get very much like you would expect the sweetness of a say cupcake or other sweet bakery or candy type sweet then 1 drop per 10 ml (10 drops per 100ml) will give you that.
I make a licorice vape and using that amount is like just below the level of chewing on black jelly bean sweetness wise. Best description I could give. To me Cap is sweet like sugar, no off tastes. Many Stevias leave a grassy after taste though a member here swears by Nu Naturals Clear Stevia liquid. Im going to order some myself to try but it will probably take a month to be delivered.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Any specific type of sweetener? I don't have any here and need to order it.

Caps Super Sweet is pretty much the standard.....especially with what you’re doing. If you were flavoring it, my answer would be more varied.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Tried the FLV Ginger Snap Cookie today. Had a month steep. Mixed at 4% and its pretty weak flavour wise. Hardly any perceptible ginger flavour. My misses said the same. Its an ultra dark mix too. I cant help but feel Im getting an oh so slightly soapy aftertaste as well.
Mixed at 4%. I dont think I'll bother pursuing this one any further. It smells better as a concentrate than it tastes vaping to me. I could up the ratio but im not sure I can be bothered. And what if that soapyness increased ?
Pretty dark isnt it! Id imagine it'd be very dark brown approaching black at higher % levels.
Im gonna give this one a miss.
20200907_195428(1).jpg

VU Sponsors