Become a Patron!

The Daily Mixing Thread

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I haven't used FW hazelnut in a while (before mostly for coffee and/or chocolate) Any ideas?
Or even with coffee and/or chocolate... with other added flavors.
I used to use it in a banana nut mix. I was trying to recreate a juice I liked made by OM Vapor, never succeeded, but adding hazelnut to it was good. No longer have my notes on that recipe though.

gloopdegurp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I haven't used FW hazelnut in a while (before mostly for coffee and/or chocolate) Any ideas?
Or even with coffee and/or chocolate... with other added flavors.
There's a commercial liquid that I like by Vapetasia called Royalty Two which is described as hazelnut, tobacco, and cream.

I've tried a number of testers and haven't gotten too close but did come up with something that could scratch the itch if I couldn't get the og anymore.
I'm not done trying but have been distracted by other ideas for a while now.

I use RY4 Double, FW or TPA Hazelnut, and a couple/few creams - that is the tough part to get for me.

Nobility Too TPA RY4 V3.0

0.50% Acetyl Pyrazine 5% (TPA)
3.00% Bavarian Cream (TPA)
4.00% French Vanilla Deluxe (TPA)
2.00% Hazelnut (TPA)
5.00% RY4 Double (TPA)
0.50% Super Sweet (Purilum)

This is my attempt that is the itch scratcher.
I'm not sure if the AP is really necessary.
The creams aren't right for the original but aren't bad at all so you could go with any of your faves.
RY4D could probably be 4%, FW Hazelnut at 1.5 - 2.0 would be fine. My first attempts were using FW.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm going to mix one of my new recipes (my own creation) I once asked (here on UV) what can I mix with licorice... someone said lemon. I liked it and then got and idea (from cough drops) Think Halls (lemon) and Fisherman's friend (licorice)... both have menthol (that I haven't tried) so I used buttermint instead. Also added FW marshmallow to smooth it out (besides, some say it has a licorice note they don't like... but fits right into this recipe) I didn't write down the % I used before so will be starting from "scratch" again.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Now I have another idea for hazelnut... with coffee and vanilla (yes, I have done this before with a strong coffee flavor but this time it's VT coffee liquor)
Now I'm trying to decide which recipe to do... chocolate banana or coffee vanilla. Easy solution... make them both. It will be face off between the two, with a transition (in the same pod) between them (I have discovered great combos this way before)

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Now I have another idea for hazelnut... with coffee and vanilla (yes, I have done this before with a strong coffee flavor but this time it's VT coffee liquor)
Now I'm trying to decide which recipe to do... chocolate banana or coffee vanilla. Easy solution... make them both. It will be face off between the two, with a transition (in the same pod) between them (I have discovered great combos this way before)
Coffee Vanilla Hazelnut sounds great! Have fun!

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Dang it... made the same mistake again with my lemon licorice mint w/marshmallow (did this before but my memory comes and goes) Too much marshmallow... it seems to mute the other flavors (like EM can do)
BTW, all 6 mixes are going into tanks/pods with new coils!

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I never would have thought to put those together. The licorice/mint combo maybe but adding lemon? Never would have crossed my mind. What mint do you use?
I was pleasantly surprised with the lemon licorice combo (someone here suggested that) The mint is PUR buttermint (like those after dinner mints) I use FE lemon and FW licorice (just like black jelly beans)

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I tried the new version of berry layer cake... it has an off note I don't care for but I don't know if it's the FW bavarian cream or the PUR simply cake. That's why I used to always do SFTs of new flavors. I think I like FJ (or JF... same thing) yellow cake better.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The berry layer cake is getting better as it steeps (I rushed all of these) Even the lemon licorice mint is doing better. Tried chocolate banana hazelnut... not bad but won't make it again. On the other hand, coffee liquor vanilla hazelnut is a winner!
Looking forward... going to make a simple toffee custard. I miss my Samoas cookie... making that soon.
I just remembered I haven't tried OOO powdered sugar with french toast. Also, need to mix my all VSO recipe again so it can steep: blueberry, blackberry and cheesecake (no crust) Time to mix more unflavored base.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I use to do a banana black licorice juice
Hmm... I'm curious (lemon licorice was a nice surprise so why not) I'll try it. What came to mind when you posted that is taffy (like the variety pack of salt water taffy... I think they make a banana and a licorice)
Even if you can't find the recipe, give me a clue about the other flavors you used.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just for fun I got some banana taffy and some black licorice ropes. Ate them together... not bad (but not great) I'm going to start by doing a small 10 ml batch of just banana and licorice... then consider other things to add. Like they say "you will never know if you don't try it"
Hey... I once did some tests of combining flavors with buttermint (did many fruits and also some "oddballs") For fruits, melons were the best, but to my total amazement the best one was a pre-made peanut butter banana juice I had (never saw that coming) so I'm always open to crazy suggestions.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hmm... I'm curious (lemon licorice was a nice surprise so why not) I'll try it. What came to mind when you posted that is taffy (like the variety pack of salt water taffy... I think they make a banana and a licorice)
Even if you can't find the recipe, give me a clue about the other flavors you used.
There was a vendor juice maker who use to make it and I liked, so when started DIYing, I started doing my own. I liked it with the candy banana over real banana flavoring.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
This is the only commercial juice I could find with Banana and Anise (basically the flavor of black licorice) It also has chocolate.

Vampire Vape Funky Monkey

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This is the only commercial juice I could find with Banana and Anise (basically the flavor of black licorice) It also has chocolate.

Vampire Vape Funky Monkey

This is the company who use to make it - Strix Elixirs, course they not in business anymore, the juice was called 'monkey stripe'

gloopdegurp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
That does help... thank you. I mixed banana and licorice yesterday and tried it this morning... not bad. I might add something "creamy".
You're welcome, wishing you good results!
I have a sort of creamy black jellybean mix that I'm working on. It was pretty close on my first attempt but I have a few minor adjustments to try.

gloopdegurp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I'm using FW black licorice (spot on black jellybean) is that what you are using?
Yes!
For that mix, I'm also using some SSA Anise for a little extra kick although I am reducing the percentage of that for the revised version.
I might end up removing the Anise altogether.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I did some mixing yesterday. These are recipes I've done before (and need a good steep) Taking a break from experimenting.
All VSO: blueberry, blackberry and cheesecake (no crust)
Samoas cookie: chocolate, caramel, toasted coconut and cookie
Strawberry milkshake: RF flavor of the same name. I'm semi strawberry blind so added a bit of PUR strawberry swirl (candy flavor)

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Have a couple success stories (recipes)... this time with %
First one is a samoas cookie I freakin love this!
VT dark chocolate 2.5
PUR toasted coconut cheesecake 4.5
FW salted caramel 2.5
PUR cookie 2.5
The cheesecake is mostly toasted coconut (and so good) and it works great with dark chocolate (makes it more like milk chocolate)

The second one is also good but still working out the %
MB lemon tart 2.5
WF flapper pie 3
FE lemon 1
The crust (can't tell if it's pie crust or graham... almost seems like both?) in MB lemon tart is very dominate (and good) so I added flapper pie (light custard with meringue) and some extra lemon. This one is nice.

BTW, my all VSO (blackberry, blueberry, cheesecake... no crust) has steeped. Busting out a new pod (extra I saved) for this one. Made it before and it's out of this world
Any other VSO flavors I should check out? Most are now only in RAW form (I guess that's OK but not happy about that) Maybe a strawberry I can actually taste.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I had mentioned my "berry layer cake" using two new flavors (PUR simply cake and FW bavarian cream) Something was off (not real bad but bothered me) I watched DIYorDie Noted video and think I figured it out. It seems the simply cake (besides being more of a white cake than yellow cake) has frosting notes (I did get some powdered sugar) and not a rich buttery frosting... more like cheap frosting made with "crisco".
So... I still have some JF (FJ... same thing) yellow cake (and love it) I wanted to order more but now it's not there. It's getting to be very frustrating (VT, JF and MB are hard to find... at least the flavors I want) Long sigh... oh, and RF is another one.

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I had mentioned my "berry layer cake" using two new flavors (PUR simply cake and FW bavarian cream) Something was off (not real bad but bothered me) I watched DIYorDie Noted video and think I figured it out. It seems the simply cake (besides being more of a white cake than yellow cake) has frosting notes (I did get some powdered sugar) and not a rich buttery frosting... more like cheap frosting made with "crisco".
So... I still have some JF (FJ... same thing) yellow cake (and love it) I wanted to order more but now it's not there. It's getting to be very frustrating (VT, JF and MB are hard to find... at least the flavors I want) Long sigh... oh, and RF is another one.
I believe RF is closed up so anything you find might be a little old.
MB was a brand co-owned by SSA and CNV, it's retired.
As much as I love BCF for prices, service, and free shipping when you hit the mark, their selection is not what it used to be. Nom Nomz is where I have to go sometimes. Service is just as good. Shipping cost and speed is reasonable.

gloopdegurp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
For the Yellow Cake, Flavor Jungle isn't bad to order from at all and shipping is usually pretty quick - not BCF quick, but pretty quick.
The price might be a little bit higher than BCF's was for it but they have plenty.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I ordered 3 VSO flavors (2 raw versions of my favorite berries and one new one) The new flavor is pineapple whip (PG version) They suggest 14 %... that seems very high (the berries from before are PG versions and I use 2-3 %... they are very strong) That's a huge difference! I don't have a clue where to start (I can easily add more if needed) Any suggestions?

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I ordered 3 VSO flavors (2 raw versions of my favorite berries and one new one) The new flavor is pineapple whip (PG version) They suggest 14 %... that seems very high (the berries from before are PG versions and I use 2-3 %... they are very strong) That's a huge difference! I don't have a clue where to start (I can easily add more if needed) Any suggestions?
It's a one shot. My sense of taste sucks but you can read my notes. This was on a xros pod .8 or 1 ohm so 14-16 watts MTL.
The cream part does steep in a bit. Would suggest 10% start if 40 watts or more on an RDA, 14% pod, I started at 16 on low power pod.
I haven't mixed it or tried it again, started chasing something else...
1000001867.jpg

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I mixed the VSO pineapple whip at 13 %... it is sort of weak after all. Wasn't bad but not really pineapple (but keep in mind I haven't tried a pineapple flavor before) To me, it tasted like bubblegum. Maybe it needs a steep (only been a couple days)
On a sidenote, I also recently tried LB baked cinnamon roll... yuck!
Both of these were extra flavors I threw in while ordering my favorites to restock (VSO blueberry and blackberry) and LB white chocolate peppermint. "haste makes waste" as they say LOL

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Quick mixing session... 7 recipes (everything from a "one-shot" to seven flavors):
RY4 (everyday vape)
White chocolate peppermint (everyday vape)
Kiwi peach watermelon
Peach pie (maybe my best but woops... too much FA liquid amber)
All VSO: blueberry, blackberry, cheesecake (has no crust... I like that for this recipe)
French toast (have tried this many times... feel good about this one, included OOO powdered sugar)
Banana pudding with vanilla wafer

VU Sponsors