Become a Patron!

The Derringer RDA by Praxis Vapors. It's a beast!

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

2c5000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why do you need to adjust it? Positive hole not lined up? It needs to be tight so your positive post doesn't spin

i thought it was a feature. didnt realize that it held the pos pin in place. even still i like the idea of being able to adjust the location of the holes in the pos pin so i am still interested in adjusting it. i guess it does loosen...? maybe i just need to use a larger flathead screwdriver

If you really like the Derringer, you guys should try the Bambino. I like it better. FT has the clones and the authentic can be had at Jaybo Designs

View attachment 19326

At JMK's website. http://jmktips.bigcartel.com/product/doppel

The cap comes with which ever color you choose, then order other color rings as extras.

wow $40 for that cap? bwaahahahahahah no thanks

besides i dont like how tall the drip tip connection part is. i think the stock derringer cap is better than either of these options. personal pref of course.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i thought it was a feature. didnt realize that it held the pos pin in place. even still i like the idea of being able to adjust the location of the holes in the pos pin so i am still interested in adjusting it. i guess it does loosen...? maybe i just need to use a larger flathead screwdriver

besides i dont like how tall the drip tip connection part is. i think the stock derringer cap is better than either of these options. personal pref of course.

Yeah, the cap isn't for everyone. That said, it does have a dome cap (better flavor imo), and you don't need to stick a delrin drip tip to keep from burning your lips like you do with the derringer, which makes the drip tip part shorter than a derringer.

The Bambino needs the drip tip imo (many use it without), and is a little taller than the derringer with a tip, but the authentic Bambino is a nicer machined piece than the authentic Derringer, it's available, you can buy spare parts, and works better in a number of ways.

derringer v jmk.jpg

Last edited:

2c5000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, the cap isn't for everyone. That said, it does have a dome cap (better flavor imo), and you don't need to stick a delrin drip tip to keep from burning your lips like you do with the derringer, which makes the drip tip part shorter than a derringer.

The Bambino needs the drip tip imo (many use it without), and is a little taller than the derringer with a tip, but the authentic Bambino is a nicer machined piece than the authentic Derringer, it's available, you can buy spare parts, and works better in a number of ways.

View attachment 19366

i much prefer a delrin drip tip to anything else.

can you list the # of ways the bambino outperforms the derringer?

i REALLY like the inner AFC ring on the derringer. does the bambino have that?

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader

View attachment 19366

https://www.cyberliquids.com/product/bambino-atty-jay-bo-designs/

$65.00 is really not a bad price at all for an authentic.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Doesn't that cap sort of defeat the purpose of the derringer

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i much prefer a delrin drip tip to anything else.

can you list the # of ways the bambino outperforms the derringer?

i REALLY like the inner AFC ring on the derringer. does the bambino have that?

The Bambino has a slightly larger build deck, deeper juice well, and doesn't need an AFC ring so it's wide open. (I use the derringer wide open too) It has a domed cap, doesn't spit back like the derringer does, and doesn't leak as easily when you over drip. It it easier to build on too IMO. The flavor seems better, because of the domed cap? It's like the JMK domed cap. I can drip with the Derringer cap on, switch to the JMK cap, and the flavor seems a little better.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Doesn't that cap sort of defeat the purpose of the derringer

I don't think so, I think it (JMK cap) enhances the derringer. But hey, to each is own !
There is all kinds of stuff coming out for the derringer now. Chuff caps, colored delrin caps, etc...

2c5000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

i just checked out more items on that JMKtips website and... wow

$26 for a plastic drip tip? what a joke

*EDIT* my apologies for the off topicness

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
101vape.com

scootervapes

Member For 4 Years
I might have to try the fasttech derringer v2. I find it silly that any newer rda comes without split positive post. But I've been told different by people who love sleeper coils.

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Quick update.

Still loving my Derringer. I use mostly tanks and gennies now, but i just whipped up a fresh build for this, set it to 60w and remembered whats so special about this.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I bought a second Derringer and haven't looked back. Thinking about selling the rest of my drippers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haadkoe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have two, too... And a Marquis. My Dark horse is a lonesome pony.

Going to give a veritas a shot soon, which may replace them all if it keeps my fingers and clothing VG free. Getting sick of wearing my juice.

gab31

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This little wonder from Praxis is stunning. Just got it a few hours ago and i can already tell that this is going to be sitting on my mods a lot. The flavor and vapor are in perfect, tugboatish balance and for me that's huge, given that Tugboat V2 is my favorite atty to date. Easy to setup, big juice well compared to the overall size and the flavor is just in your face. I have a 0.34 setup on it with 24 gauge Kanthal, 7 wraps around 3mm screwdriver. Clouds 'n flavor for days! Everyone should own at least one.
If i lost this right now, i would drive 60 miles to the closest vendor that has these in stock and buy two more.

View attachment 13931
Hi, I just want to ask what kind of wire will i buy for my derringer+smpl mod combo? I'm new in vaping tho, It's my first mec mod and at the same time it will be my first time building my own.. That's why I'm kind a afraid in doing it without any basic tips from professionals.. XD

WARCHOP37

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've used just about everything except Ti. All of it works well. I've done spaced and contact dual coil kanthal and SS, single coil ni200. All of them worked well and gave me great amazing flavor. If you're using a mech, you really can't go wrong with kanthal or SS coil. Get good batteries and run good ohms and you should be good to go.

Curious though as to why you'd jump straight into Vaping on mechs, a hybrid no less with almost no knowledge or background in building. I suppose if you do your research that should keep you safe. Good luck to you.

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Kanthal or nichrome80 for mechs, stainless is not for me. 28-22ga and everything in between should get you started.

gab31

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've used just about everything except Ti. All of it works well. I've done spaced and contact dual coil kanthal and SS, single coil ni200. All of them worked well and gave me great amazing flavor. If you're using a mech, you really can't go wrong with kanthal or SS coil. Get good batteries and run good ohms and you should be good to go.

Curious though as to why you'd jump straight into Vaping on mechs, a hybrid no less with almost no knowledge or background in building. I suppose if you do your research that should keep you safe. Good luck to you.
Thank you for replying, my elder sister bought me this mod last christmas. I thought that it will be just a simple mod where in i will just put juice in the atomizer then i'm good. But, while learning few "terms" in vaping i realize that i owned a mec mod and there are some precautions while using it or building coils etc.. That's why im planning to buy some tools,wires and cotton.. :) anyway, will this wire work on my derringer? Thanks! I really appreciate your comment! :)

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    261.4 KB · Views: 20

gab31

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Kanthal or nichrome80 for mechs, stainless is not for me. 28-22ga and everything in between should get you started.
Im sorry, I'm still not familiar with 28-22ga? What's that? Sorry.. Hope you understand..

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Gauges, a (stupid imo) way to measure thickness of wire. Get some 28, 26, 24 gauge at least, and maybe some 22ga to try. Kanthal and nichrome80.

gab31

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Aryt thanks for that! Anyway will this wire work on the derringer?
3e59845e257274452984e1123c48fc4c.jpg

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Might be too thick to fit two leads through the positive post, but yeah, i can see it working :) just go with singe coil if it wont fit or do a sleeper coil. Rip has a good video on sleeper coil, check it out if you can bare his shouting and noises in general.

gab31

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So you mean i can just build a single coil with this wire? Hmm.. I hope i can produce more clouds with that build! aryt, im gonna check it out at youtube! Thank you sir! :)

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So you mean i can just build a single coil with this wire? Hmm.. I hope i can produce more clouds with that build! aryt, im gonna check it out at youtube! Thank you sir! :)

A single coil with that wire and that mod would suck. Power would be way too low. I've run 26 gauge kanthal wrapped with 32 gauge kanthal in my derringer that's on a SMPL. Dual coils, 2.5mm inner diameter, 3 1/2 wraps is the build I ended up settling on. Can't remember if I drilled the center post to get the two leads to fit, but I know I had to drill it out to get 24 wrapped with 32 to fit. Used a 5/64" bit for the center post hole.

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeah, shit. Dude was using a mech. Definetely duals, i liked best 5 wrap dual coils around 3mm rod. 24ga Nichrome80 or Kanthal, both work.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, shit. Dude was using a mech. Definetely duals, i liked best 5 wrap dual coils around 3mm rod. 24ga Nichrome80 or Kanthal, both work.
I use that same build (kanthal), but use a smaller diameter because my SMPL is ss. With a copper mod 3mm is perfect.

gab31

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Will a 28ga work? Because i think that's what i will buy and i told my brother to buy that one already :/

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
OH my... Ummm do you have a regulated mod or an ohm meter? If so please check the build on that first. If not please make sure you're not hard shorting the coil , it's fairly tight in that atty.

gab31

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you guys! I hope my brother did not buy it yet.. So that i can change it from 28 to 26 or 24.

gab31

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
OH my... Ummm do you have a regulated mod or an ohm meter? If so please check the build on that first. If not please make sure you're not hard shorting the coil , it's fairly tight in that atty.
Im using a smpl mec mod.. :) yup, im gonna try it first to the ohm meter..

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Im using a smpl mec mod.. :) yup, im gonna try it first to the ohm meter..

Now I know how the vets felt when I first started building.
Ok good to hear you have an ohm Meter. Nice to see a new builder more sane than I was.

gab31

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Now I know how the vets felt when I first started building.
Ok good to hear you have an ohm Meter. Nice to see a new builder more sane than I was.
Hahaha! For real? Anyway, trying to build my first ever coil is really driving me insane. Though I don't have the materials yet, I'm making sure that i will not mess up. Thank you for the people of this topic. Im excited already!!

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Don't use 28g. Or 26 really. Too thin and the resistance per inch is too high. For basic, single wire, dual coils, 24g kanthal is the highest I've gone and still got good performance with my SMPL/Derringer setup. Start with 24g. You'll get good performance and the resistance will be in a range that quality 20 amp cdr batteries will handle all day without issue.

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You know, you can get a killer vape from 28ga parallels ;) 5 wraps around 2.5mm should land right around 0.2 ohms and its pretty amazing.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You know, you can get a killer vape from 28ga parallels ;) 5 wraps around 2.5mm should land right around 0.2 ohms and its pretty amazing.
Yeah, but the derringer is a three post and to install 4 leads of thin wire into one post, plus the ass pain of thin wire parallels in general isn't something I'd suggest to a new builder. Your right, but for a rookie builder.....

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I saw praxis is having a 50% sale on mods praxivprs50

gab31

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Im wondering who has extra box mod here? Haha. Can you donate it to me

gab31

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Anyone who's online here? I need help. Thanks!

VU Sponsors